Start by marking “Magic (Celtic Rogues #2)” as Want to Read:
Magic (Celtic Rogues #2)

Magic (Celtic Rogues #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Kimberly Cates' enchanting love stories are wonderful journeys of the heart, colored with the vivid emotions of her unforgettable heroes and adventurous heroines. In this breathtaking new novel, a daring Irish lass meets a magnificent warrior she believes has come to the Emerald Isle from far beyond and long ago. It may be just a fairy tale, but Mary Fallon Delaney cherish ...more
Published April 1st 1998 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic

Regan Walker
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Irish Mythology Brought to Life!

The story begins in Ireland as 6-year-old Mary Fallon Delaney listens to her dying mother tell her the legend of Ciaran of the Mist, a mythical Celtic warrior who promised to appear at the hour of Ireland's greatest need. And her mother gives her a magical brooch that will summon Ciaran.

In 1808, Fallon, now grown, on Beltane eve, goes to a castle ruin where she hid the brooch years ago. When an English officer appears and threatens to destroy the castle ruins, Fal
Bark's Book Nonsense
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Kimberly Cates has such a beautiful way with words. In MAGIC, she touched my emotions right off the bat with her portrait of a lonely and scared little girl whose belief in magic and legends is her only solace in an emotionally empty world. I think I was in tears by page two. But don't get me wrong this is not a dismal book at all, it's sprinkled with humor and it's oh-so-very touching. I have no complaints, no nits to pick. I devoured and loved every second of it.

This story is filled with heart
Darlene A. Ford
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a delightful love story set among the standing stones and ruins of Ireland. Fallon believes in magic so in Ireland's darkest hour she request the presence of Ciaran, a legendary Celtic warrior, to save Ireland from the English. What does she get? A naked man, with no memory of who he is, walking out of the mist of the ruined castle. Let the fun, daring and loving begin!!!!!!
Mydearloverboy
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5++ stars!
Diana Dupre
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Where Jude Deveraux failed, Kimberly Cates knocks it out of the park! Of course, I am a sucker for Irish/Celtic legends so perhaps a bit biased but this story was much more epic and fabulous. Though not believable Cates made me want to believe it could have been true. A bit excessive with the use of names but it didn’t taint the book.

I want to read the next one that goes into the dastardly Captain Redmayne’s life as he moves onward from the Magic of Fallon’s tale.
Mary
This takes place after the English have put down another Irish rebellion and Mary Fallon Delaney is desperate to summon the champion Ciaran of the Mist to save the people and land she loves.

It's not an easy read and in fact, I put it aside for several weeks. However, when I did start reading it again, I got more & more into it. Without giving out any spoilers, the ending is quite good, but maybe a little "pat".
Lyn Townsend
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A rollicking tale that is a bit drawn out for my liking but comes together at the end.

This book was definitely outside my preferred reading genre; I baulked a bit at the fairy world that was an important base for the story. The characters are both strong and enchanting though, and I look forward to reading on into the series.
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully striking to the heart. She keeps me at the edge of my seat for every page that I turned. I was breathless and when it ended, it nearly brought tears to my eyes. Kimberly Cates, brought suspense to me for the whole story and ended it by bringing me laughter.
Krista Pratt
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Not going too well, and a quarter of the way through it for 2 weeks at least. We'll see...
Alana F. Owens
Interesting

Another one of Kimberly Cates' books finished in one day. All of the fairy stuff was a bit difficult to read and enjoy.
Chrislin
Dec 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
i did not like this book it was just to long it seamed like the author just wanted to make the book longer but didnt know how
Manon Jeanneret
Sep 26, 2014
Alicia Royer-nelson
Apr 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Kimberly Cates lives in Illinois with her family.
Pseudonyms: Kimberleigh Caitlin and Kim Cates.
More about Kimberly Cates...

Celtic Rogues (6 books)
  • Black Falcon's Lady (Celtic Rogues #1)
  • Briar Rose (Celtic Rogues #3)
  • Stealing Heaven (Celtic Rogues #4)
  • Lily Fair (Celtic Rogues #5)
  • The Black Falcon's Christmas (Celtic Rogues Book 2)