Start by marking “Ashen City (Black Tiger, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ashen City (Black Tiger, #2)

Ashen City

(Black Tiger #2)

Make your choice, Ember Carter. And make it count.

Ember Carter has escaped the flames of death. But will she ever be free from Chief Titus? When the orchard goes up in smoke and her family turns up missing, Ember returns to Frankfort hoping to find her brother and father, and to get Titus to drop the death wish he has against her.

But Titus is always one step ahead. When Em
Published April 6th 2017 by StarFinder Press

To ask other readers questions about Ashen City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashen City

Start your review of Ashen City (Black Tiger, #2)
Nina ✿ Looseleaf Reviews ✿
*This book was graciously received as an ARC from the author*

Oh my oh my oh my, where do I even start!

Well, to begin my praise: I read Black TigerBlack Tiger as an ARC six months ago. Since then, I've probably read 30 books, and yet the world of Black Tiger was still as fresh in my mind as if I'd read it yesterday!

Ember thought her life returned to normal when she got permission to go back home to her father and brother. She was even followed by her now-boyfriend, Forest, so things seem prett
Jessthebookslover
Review of Ashen City by Sara Baysinger

Rating: 5/5 stars

First of all, let me say that this book... This book has a huge cliffhanger. I was expecting everything, but not that. You did an amazing job Sara. You left me without words, and that doesn't happen often.
If it is possible, I loved Ashen City even more than Black Tiger, 5 stars are actually not enough to fully express how much I loved this book.

Let me tell you a bit about the book: in Black Tiger we were firstly introduced to the Communi
R.J. Metcalf
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited for this book to release so I can have it on my shelf to read as often as I want!

I had the honor of being allowed to read it pre-release, as a beta reader, and this is pure gold. You can't go wrong, taking the time to savor this book. Constant tension--whether it be the politics and Ember's safety, Ember and Rain, Ember and Forest, a twist that I didn't see coming at all. (literally, I had to walk off my shock before rushing back to keep reading)

Absolutely riveting. A must read
Giorgia
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
if I loved Black tiger, I adored Ashen city.
this book was exactly what I needed: entertaining plot, well built characters and enchanting writing style.

in my black tiger review I said forest was the character I disliked the most and it still was in the first chunk of the book. but then I realised how a valuable and complex character he is and I love complex characters.
speaking of complex characters Titus is one of them. I don't like him as a person fist off because I hate villains with every fi
Sarah Monzon
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's really hard to surprise me in a book, but his one did just that. Holy Crawford!! And that's all I'm gonna say except, read it!
Camilla Cruz
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent writing. Interesting, unique storyline. It's an adventure dystopian with small hints of other well-known contemporary dystopian, but it writhes and climbs and bursts out to be its own creation. Definitely many twists and turns and unexpected challenges. I gasped, I cried, I was driven by fury and every emotion possible. Someone needs to start working on a screen play and make it a movie.

If you are wondering at the length of days it appeared to take me to read it, I read it more than o
Toni Shiloh
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind. Blown.

Y'all, I had to take a day before I could sit down to right this review. Seriously, talk about book hangover! No, talk about mind. Blown.

I really enjoyed Black Tiger, but Ashen City ... There are not adequate words to describe the awesomeness packed in this dystopian read, but I'm going to try.

First, I loved the opening. It picked right up from Black Tiger and I was thrilled. This book had so much in it. Action, Introspection, Romance, Twists and Turns, and a cliff-hanger ending tha
Lindsey Adams
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! So many twists and turns. So many revelations. And the ending... never saw that coming! So, so good! Not only do we get to "see" Ember become stronger despite trial after trial, we get to see who Rain really is. Not to mention another well-written main character being added to the mix. Warning: this story has scenes that are difficult to read. Titus is even more cruel than I ever could have imagined. Will Ky's eyes ever be opened? And what is really beyond Ky? I cannot wait for White Dawn ...more
Laura Grace
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FAN-MADE BOOK TRAILER: https://youtu.be/UR1oOd9OIWM

Pardon me as my inner fangirl takes over. *(clears throat)*

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!!!

I mean I thought I had a rough idea of what was going to happen in ASHEN CITY, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I don't recall reading a story that had so many plot twists as this one did today. I constantly was on the edge of my seat and could never find a good chapter to put the book down at night because I simply just wanted to keep reading. Every single
L.R. Teague
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My word. I'm just gonna say.... I wasn't expecting that ending and it had me staring at my screen (read it on my phone) for several minutes trying to get my brain to process. No fault of the author or the story, it took me waaaay too long to finish Ashen City. Immediately following receiving this book as an ARC, life kept getting in the way of my precious reading time. But every time I could steal an opportunity, I was reading! (That includes at a recent Jazz festival in Japan! The story was THA ...more
Laurie Lucking
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-ya
This book! I just don't even know what to say right now. What an emotional rollercoaster! The steady influx of new information and plot twists that Baysinger began in Black Tiger doesn't let up for a moment in Ashen City. Alliances and relationships change, characters reveal new sides of themselves, and all in a narrative style that keeps the reader right in Ember's head throughout, sharing her every thought and emotion. I have to admit that Ember drove me a little crazy at times towards the beg ...more
Molly Patterson
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
The most frustrating thing about this book is having to wait for the final installment of this series! Sara Baysinger has done it again with Ashen City! The characters are relatable as well as deeply complex. The plot twists had me flipping pages as fast as my eyes could read! I'm eagerly awaiting the third Black Tiger book and anticipate wonderful things from Sara!
mypoppingthoughts
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was reading another book late one night when I received an email with this ebook and author just sent me an ARC... (gaaaah! I converted it to .mobi file by the way).

So I dropped everything.. haha.. and started reading this. I am SO EXCITED!!
Ralene Burke
rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2017
Carol
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ashen City is an exciting sequel to Black Tiger! Lots of action and suspense in Ember's life with some surprising twists and more escapes. There is more development in the interactions between Ember, Titus, Forest and Rain and we meet some new people too. I can't wait for the next book to see how things turn out. I received this book from the author for my honest opinion and am not required to give a positive review.
Jennifer Moore
Sep 22, 2017
Wendy
Oct 13, 2018
Mikala Casey
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book a ton. Honestly my favorite part was the usage of Thomas Merton through out most of the book, seriously tugged at heart strings! Can not wait for the third one, kind of annoyed I have to wait!
JAW
Apr 11, 2017
Amy Jones
Jun 27, 2018
Michael Baysinger
Jun 29, 2018

• Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Starflight (Starflight, #1)
  • Blood Traitor
  • Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal (The Legend of the Lightkeepers, #1)
  • Ghostlight (The Reflected City #1)
  • Smoke Screen
  • Low Pressure
  • Synapse
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Tailspin
  • Prince of Stars, Son of Fate
  • Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
  • Mean Streak
  • Deadline
  • Queen of Tomorrow (Stolen Empire, #2)
Sara was born in the heart of the Andes Mountains in Ecuador where she spent her early life exploring uncharted lands and raising chickens. She now makes her home among the endless cornfields of Indiana with her husband and two children…and she still raises chickens. Her dystopian novel BLACK TIGER was self-published in 2016. When not getting lost in a book, Sara can be found gardening, devouring ...more

Black Tiger (3 books)
  • Black Tiger (Black Tiger, #1)
  • White Dawn (Black Tiger, #3)