Start by marking “Dark Protector” as Want to Read:
Dark Protector

Dark Protector

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  1,929 Ratings  ·  377 Reviews
From the moment I saw her through the window of her flower shop, something other than darkness took root inside me. Charlie shone like a beacon in a world that had long since lost any light. But she was never meant for me, a man that killed without remorse and collected bounties drenched in blood.
I thought staying away would keep her safe, would shield her from me. I was w
Published February 27th 2017 (first published February 2017)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

4 Stars!!

Celia Aaron’s newest release is purely and simply AWESOME. I loved it! I was immersed in this story from the very first page and I couldn’t put it down for one minute. I’ve read several books by this author and this one is, in my opinion, her best work to date. 'Dark Protector' is gripping, entertaining, filled with suspense, action and steam and also some darkness and violence to keep you intrigued. If you like dark, mobster stories, with alpha anti-heroes and strong, endearing heroine

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Dark Protector (stand-alone). Hit man’s obsession with florist puts a target on their backs!

“The mottled flesh told the story of blood, pain, and a life lived in service to death. I couldn’t imagine anything different. These hands were violence and nothing more. Even so, I imagined how Charlie’s skin would feel under my rough touch.”

Dark Protector (stand-alone) opens up to florist Charlie being watched by hit man Conrad Mercer, Con. More on why to unfold with story.

When violence erup
Candace
I've been on a dark mafia romance kick lately and 'Dark Protector' was just what I was craving. It was violent, dark and had an air of danger about it. It kept me on the edge of my seat, even as I felt confident that things would work out the way I wanted in the end. After all, doesn't it almost always work out?

Charlie has managed to catch the attention of a dangerous man. The owner of a small flower shop, she's noticed the car that frequently parks out front. What she doesn't know is that she h
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

photo PicsArt_02-27-04.53.25_zps3mmeynfy.png

Reading a string of books that I liked, but were “just okay” left me on the verge of a major reading slump. With this being my first book by this author, I was nervous going into it. Would this just be one more book that sent me spiraling even further? I am ecstatic to report that I was worried for naught! Thank you, Celia Aaron for pulling me off the edge! Gripping, suspenseful, and action packed, Dark Protector was just what I needed!

Conrad “Con” Mercer spent most of his life as lit
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't as dark as I was anticipating, but that was OK because the story pulled me in and kept me interested. It was well written and had a nice steady pace. Some action and violence. Some smokin' sex scenes as well.

Con was the type of hero, well anti-hero, that I really love. He was a man that did very bad things, but his heart turned to complete mush for his angel Charlie. Charlie was a strong heroine who had suffered many tragedies and came out the other side stro
Elizabeth
"Death before dishonor."
description

Dark Protector is a dark and delicious action-packed stand-alone by one of my go to authors Celia Aaron. Full of passion, desperation, and honor Conrad and Charlie's tale is sure to please!

description
"When I'd made the mistake of letting someone in, I'd paid dearly for it."
Charlie is a florist who has done her best to live a quiet life in her quiet corner of the earth. When her world is shaken by the sound of gunfire, Charlie is suddenly thrust into the world of mobsters, greed
Snow
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 "I'd live and die for you" stars

Conrad/Con Mercer watched her for several months. Her every move, her every breath, face expression were stamped into his memory cause he knew she was out of reach for him. In his line of business there was no place for closeness, and he never even considered it as a posibility until the first time he saw her - Charlie , the beautiful yet guarded florist.
But what he wasn't aware of is the fact that Charlie also noticed this man sitting in his car across her
warhawke
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of sexy suspense
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Charlie was a flower shop owner. Even though surrounded by beauty, she was battling an ugly past. Yet when she noticed she was being watched, she felt safe instead of fear.

Conrad (Con) Mercer was a ruthless man. As mafia contract killer, he did his works without a speck of emotion. But his soul needs soothing and watching Charlie provided that peace that made his life bearable. But longing for her could be deadly in his li
Natalie The Biblioholic
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, dual-pov, arc, action
It's LIVE & on Blog Tour!!

Conrad was lethal. No seriously. He was a hired killer. And every time he explained one of his kills or committed one, I fell even deeper for him. If loving him is wrong, I don't wanna be right. He was so sexy no matter what he did, whether it was taking a bullet, shooting someone in the face, or vowing to die, kill and live for Charlie.

Speaking of Charlie, she was pretty badazz herself. Without spelling out the plot, although she didn't have the same skill set as
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

“These hands were violence and nothing more. Killing was my religion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From the moment I read “Blackwood” I knew that this author was going to graduate to Stalker territory for me. Her ability to suck you in and make you Crave the darkness as if it’s your own light is what I love about her writing and I have no intention of ever going back to what we consider as “normal” reads.

Some say that you can sense evil before it comes and that saying has never been more true once you
Sabrina
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
LIVE EARLY

Conrad is the Mafia's go to guy when they need a mess cleaned up. He's a hitman loyal to the highest bidder and he's okay with the life he leads. Until that life takes the girl he cares about, even though they've never met. Charlie has been his since he started watching her at her florist shop, even if she doesn't know it. But after his enemies kidnap her because of him he knows that once he saves her, he's not going to let her go.

Dark Protector was a very fast
CC
description

Conrad “Con” Mercer is a hitman living a solitary life.  Despite accepting his choices, Con doesn’t find much solace amidst the violence until he sees woman that quiets his mind. As he watches her from a distance, she grounds him and gives him a few moments of respite. She is his glimmer of hope and light until his world shatters such purity.

“Tell me your darkest sin, and maybe I’ll tell you one of my hundreds”

Charlie is the proprietor of a local flower shop and mainly keeps to herself for h
Sophia Triad
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The moment I saw you, something inside me -something I thought it died a long time ago- clicked. I didn't realise it then, but I do now. You're it for me. The first, the last, the only person I want to touch or taste. The only one I want to kill for. The one I'd die for.

Conrad aka Con is:
-an amateur stalker (Charlie knew that he was stalking her for months)
-a professional killer (who only kills, if he is paid to kill) and
-a complete idiot (who does not realise that his enemies will follow hi
Celia Aaron
Jan 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark Protector is LIVE!
#oneclick here ---> http://geni.us/ARnG9r

DP photo Dark Protector Now Live_zpsajhgfsyj.jpg
Janie
Olga therebelreader
Dark Protector was just okay for me. I didn't feel like there was enough character development for this story to feel "real" to me.
One of the reasons this book did not work for me was the fact that I didn't fully connect with the characters and I didn't really 'get' their connection. Being a big fan of dark and gritty romances, I had really high hopes for this book. I enjoyed the characters of Conrad and Charlie, but the story felt rushed and I would have liked more character development. Also,
Barbara➰
I love a hero who may think he's not good enough for his heroine but he will do anything for her...including killing.
"Why would an angel cry for a sinner like me?"~Conrad

Conrad is the epitome of an anti-hero. He kills people for a living. He has no remorse. He kills for whoever pays the highest. He's had his sights on Charlie for while, content to just watch. When she becomes involved in his blow back, he decides he will do anything to protect her.

He was absolutely amazing. I love how he lov
Elle
3* bad things STARS!

Review @ Midnight Romance

Celia Aaron quickly became my one-click author. She always wrote intriguing story with spices. Nonetheless this latest release, Dark Protector, really intrigued me. It has mafia theme, anti-hero, bad-ass heroine, suspense and of course, romance.

Charlie's life was upside down from a florist then a witness. She was kidnapped and tortured by unknown people. Conrad Mercer is a hit-man for his entire life. He works for the bad guys aka mafia. When his sec
Nazanin
Shelves: dark, romance, 2017
4 The-Angel-of-Death Stars

I love Celia Aaron books. They are so amazing. This book, like her other books, was wonderful, fantastic. She really has a special talent for writing Dark books.

Conrad is a paid killer. He is a dangerous man but every day he sits in his car and stares through a flower shop at Charlie. But he has never spoken to her. one day his enemies kidnap Charlie to get him. So he does everything he can to save her.

"I won’t hurt you. You’re safer with me than anywhere else."

For mont
Deborah
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5*

I loved this book.

Yes it's crazy and OTT but so entertaining.

Conrad is a killer, the Angel of Death. It's all he's ever known, his father held this position before him and after his death Conrad stepped into his shoes. His life is dark and he knows what he is but the first time he looked through the flower shop window and saw her he felt Peace.

'I got a glimpse of her. And then I knew peace. I could sit for hours and just watch her.'

'How many times had I watched her through the window? I coul
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I. DID. IT!
I FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK!

descriptiondescription

** 2 Seductive Lip Bites **

I've been reading this one book... just this one... totally devoted to seeing this one story through. It's taken me DAYS to get through this one... DAYS! Maybe not a big deal for some, but really unusual for me and my reading habits.

Now, please be advised that I appear to be in the teeny, tiny minority in my opinion of this one. I may be the only one of my friends who didn't rave on this book. That's okay with me... I'm fine
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Dark Protector' by Celia Aaron is the story of Charlie and Con. Con is a harden person who does things that hurt his heart and sole. Con had a tough childhood where he learned most everything he does now from that childhood. There really seems to be no joy in his life and he just goes through the emotions of what he has to do. But he has found something that has awaking his heart and sole and that is Charlie. Con has yet to meet her and he knows with his dark actions he will never get that chan ...more
CC
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one!

Loved the hero and the heroine. While the situation seemed hopeless, I was glad the author managed to find a way through.

Loads of violence and threats of sexual assault, but for a story about a contract killer, I as not bothered by it.

Jen
I went into this read very excited, as I had seen a ton of reviews from readers who actually really enjoyed this book. Unfortunately, I just couldn't seem to grasp the same passion as everyone else had. I truly did try to become more committed to Conrad and Charlie...but for some reason I had a hard time becoming emotionally connected to them. I was trying hard to figure out why, and I don't know if I can even explain myself!

This read is certainly not boring...in fact, it is action pact through
Karla
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

"Dark protector" turned out to be better than I thought. It was one of those books that had a lil of everything. With plenty shoot outs, bad guys, mobsters, and in the middle we have our innocent h, Charlie. She somehow becomes the center of this violence by becoming the obsession of our H Conrad, who just happened to be a hit man.

description

Considering chapter one starts right off the bat with a BAM! Everything moves along at a fast paced. Once Charlie, finds herself the next hit of the mob and
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Darker and grittier than what I'm used to, but it was so freakin' GOOD!

Conrad is a hitman for hire. The job has been his whole life. He has no family, few friends and undisputed skills that have made him more money than he needs and a reputation of always getting the job done.

All that changes when he lays eyes on an innocent flower shop girl. Suddenly his world isn't so dark and lonely. For a few moments in time, Con watches over her and a little of her light warms his soul.

Charlie has picke
C
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: totally-safe
5/5
Wowza!!! This is totally my type of book!!
Dark, suspenseful, thriller, mob , bloody, hot, romantic, SAFE read!!!!!!

It's soooooo hard to find a dark/Mob/Hitman themed book that's safe! And this book was F-ing fantastic!!

-H is stalk-O-Licious obsessed with h
-NO OW Drama
-H Not portrayed as a man whore
-Fantastic secondary character (Nate)
- dark thrilling story line
-h is freaking amazing! Sassy, bad ass, resourceful, tough as nails and loyal and would do anything for her man!!!
- the suspense do
Alex ♈
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
4.25 "Angel of Death & His Heaven" Stars

I was so excited when this ARC showed up on my kindle! I definitely was not expecting it. Then I read the blurb, that added to my excitement. To top that off, that scrumptious smoking cover showed up and I was pretty much sold. First off though, I need to tell you one of my favorite genres is Romantic Suspense. The only thing holding me back was I expected Dark Erotica (my other favorite genre) from Ms. Celia Aaron. Sorry to say I was wary she could pu
Some Like It Hot!: Mαrch вσtm~ Dark Protector 23 36 Mar 26, 2017 12:29PM
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on:
Twitter: @AaronE
More about Celia Aaron...

“That’s it? Of all the things you could ask, that’s the one thing?” 1 likes