Start by marking “King's Captive” as Want to Read:
King's Captive

King's Captive

For three years, I've belonged to Julius King.

Some people would think being stuck on a private island is heaven, but this is my hell.

Because I'm not here as a guest. Not even close. I'm a prisoner. I'm his.

Julius King. Powerful. Wealthy. Dangerous.

There are parts of me he wants that I can't give him. When he looks at me, there are times I swear he sees someone els

Published February 13th 2017 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about King's Captive, please sign up.
Moriah Nothing like it. Twist me wasn't all that in my opinion. This book actually tells an amazing love story. …moreNothing like it. Twist me wasn't all that in my opinion. This book actually tells an amazing love story. (less)

Start your review of King's Captive
Sophia Triad
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-mafia
“See, I knew we could get along.”
I rest the cup back on the saucer with matching painted flowers.
He speaks like a friend. That’s the worst part.
He smiles at me as though he’s any other guest at my eighteenth birthday party.
As though we’re not having tea amongst corpses.
As though the ground’s not littered with bodies.
As though on the other side of the table, my father’s not bound and gagged.

And this is just the prologue of this book.

Sarah has been kidnapped during the party of her 18th birth
Isabella. R
5 Absolution Stars ⭐

"I say yes—yes, Julius—of course, Julius."

"It’s kept me safe and healthy and well looked after. Pampered like a prized pet."

After witnessing her father's assassination at the hands of Julius King, Sarah has been held hostage on his island for almost 3 years. At this point we really don't understand the motives for both incidences, but the clock is ticking....

"There’s only one month left.

One month until he makes me marry him."

As this story moves from past to present we begin
DW
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kings Captive is one of the most confusing books that I have read in some time. There are so many plot twists in this book with clues but It took me to about 75 percent to start understanding what was really going on.

The prologue had me hooked. I knew that it was going to be a crazy ride and I was ready.

I loved it. I loved Julius and Sarah. Even from the beginning, I liked Julius. The way he looked at her, like she was the love of his life.

There is not much that can be said because anything th
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Isabella. R
3.5 STARS!
There's one path to salvation, and it's paved with sin.
Now that was a CRAZY-ass thrill ride!

Wow, so I DEVOURED King's Captive. This book got its claws into me and didn't let go until the very end. I absolutely had to know how everything would turn out . . .

Having said that, I will also admit to reading it with a constant, little furrow between my brows.

There was a lot of this going on for me in the first 60%:
2 + 2 = 5
I had so many questions that needed answering .
Lana Reads
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

Buddy Read with Melanie, who patiently waited for me to read it and explode about things that did not need exploding, ha.

Jeeez, what a ride.

Did I like the characters? Yes.
The chemistry? Oh, it burned!
The writing? It was fluent and the story went fast enough for me to not want to skip anything.

The execution? I honestly can't say.
The jumping from moment to moment in the past (at times not chronologically) made me dizzy. Getting through this story felt like crossing a river, jumping fr
Hana ♡
3.5-4 'Baby' Stars!

Wow, this was a seriously intriguing story. There were so many plot twists that I just did not see coming. The best way to describe this story I guess would be Stockholm Syndrome with a twist...

The story begins with Sarah falling into the clutches of the elusive, and dangerous Julius King - she isn't completely sure what he is after or what he hopes to achieve but she is prepared to fight him at every turn, despite her physical attraction to him.

I gave this one star less becau
Dilek VT
This has been a very interesting read, something different from what I expected after reading the blurb.

• The story starts with a lot of mystery and it is intriguing. It makes you wonder what happened.

• It surprises you. It shocks you. Especially, the main plot twist was something I never expected. It is a really good one!

• The book has a good plot line and the concept is really good but the execution of it has many flaws.

It could have been an amazing read if the writing was more skilled.

Plo
Lover of Romance
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

The King's Captive is a stand alone and the most latest release from this author. Now I wasn't sure what I thought of this book, however after reading some positive reviews, they convinced me that I needed this book in my life. So this story takes us into a love story that is exciting, edgy, epic and emotionally driven that it will put the reader to tears. This story is not what you expect AT ALL and wow this author really surprises you. I

Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

4.5 stars (a little bit of a slow start)

Oh my, what kind of twisted fuckery did I just read. It started out I was thinking this dark and he's going to be all kinds of nasty. And he was (and so were others) but not in the way I was expecting. My mind is just blown. It was a great story with lots of twists and hot sexy scenes. Then mind blowing revelation. Go along, more secrets come out...and what?!?! Just all kinds of good stuff. She did annoying me just a wee little bit,
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, reviewed-2019
I feel like Bardan jumped off the pages and struck me in the face!!

This is absolutely not what I thought is was....complete shocker! I have sat here and written this review over and over trying not to give to much away, trying to make this spoiler free. Easily one of the most riveting never saw it coming storylines I have ever read.

The MC AND FMC have undeniable chemistry and a high level of secrecy regarding their relationship. You can feel the hidden secret by 15% into the read. Naturally I l
Ari Reavis
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
*ARC received from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review*

First off to Amber A. Bardan...
 photo 16303888_zpsqyaunfnw.gif

This is the second book I'm reading from this author and I must say I'm wondering what I've been missing.
How this book felt? Well....
 photo 6872669_zpsslbuqc11.gif
The author kept breaking my heart, only to stitch it back up and break it again. I don't want to give away too much, but geesh, how do I explain how good this book was?
Going into the book I expected for Sarah to be the girl who developed stockholm syndrome and fell
Michelle
3 Stars!

photo E98020A3-5EF0-41E7-83F2-BB27266D333E_zpsqwmhvaos.gif

This one started off really good. I read the sample and then didn't even flinch when I seen it was 3.99. I always hesitate paying 4.00 for a new to me authors book but I didn't with this one. I was really loving it. I needed to know what was going on, who was bad and who was good. Why was Sarah being held by Julius. Was he really a bad guy? Why he would only call her baby? What was going to happen in three years? Why did we have to wait three years? Ugh! So many questions and at 50%
SmartBitches
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

King’s Captive is one epic, delicious mind fuck of a book. I started it after finishing another book at 11 p.m. and read it in one glorious sitting (Bad Decisions Book Club, y’all) and when I was done I needed a cigarette. And I don’t smoke.

So first of all, this book is total crazysauce but the best kind of crazysauce. I was totally invested in what was happening. I gave up many precious hours of sleep for this book, and I love sleep almost as much as I
Mickeysreads
Sep 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star, 2020-read
3.5 Stars

The book started off REALLY confusing! I was so frustrated sometimes and SUPER DUPER confused that I just wanted to go towards the end and read some spoilers! But that was the whole suspense part of the book. And I had to be patient!

description

“Were you dropped on the head as a child or are you just demented?” Silence penetrates the room. No one even chews. They don’t swallow. “Because I can’t for the life of me figure out what you get from messing with me.”

Sarah has been living in an Island with
Corrine Pickering
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

King's Captive by Amber A. Bardan

### 5 WOW WOW WOW Hashtags ###

Whoa ! what can I say .... just when you think the story is just ticking along quite nicely then the most enormous unpredicted mother of twist of all twists just slides right in there and takes you completely by surprise. I was absolutely blown away, nothing whatsoever can be predicted. I didn't at any stage guess this one - everything I thought I knew was totally blown away.

This book is beautifully and poetically written that it
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at: http://www.bookwifereviews.com/2017/0...

I loved this book so, so much. I haven't ever read anything from Amber Bardan but I will be reading more of her books.

It was not at all what I was expecting and because of that I feel like it's better for people to go in blind. So I'm not really going to write a full review.

I really loved the characters. I loved how Sarah handled being held captive. I feel like it's exactly what I would have done.. She was strong with out violence and
Steph
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 whirlwind, action-packed and suspenseful stars for this wild erotic romance.

After murdering her family, Julius King has held Sarah Mercedes captive on an island for the last 3 years. Desperate to be free of this criminal who makes her blood boil in more ways than one, Sarah waits for the man her father promised would rescue her. But time is running out on Julius' promise to not touch her for 3 years, at which time they'll marry. Sarah needs to figure out a way to get away from her captor befo
Mandi
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, erotic, rom-suspense
I read a review of this at Smart Bitches and I knew I had to try it. I read it in one sitting last night. It's rare that "heroine falls for her kidnapper" book works for me - but by the end, I really liked the "explanation" of it all.

I loved the heroine, which is important in this kind of book where I initially hate the hero.

Kept my attention through every page - really well done. The ending is a bit rushed but otherwise this is a fun read. I'm definitely going to be reading more of this autho
Chitra *CJ*
"Kings Captive" is the absolute mindfuck story of Julian the "King" and his captive Sarah, and was a bloody fantastic read.
Without giving any spoilers about the shocking reveal, this book had
- an obsessed celibate hero who was 100% devoted
- a lot of stalking and possessiveness
- Loads of gore and dark elements
- A mystery which if you guess would totally make your day
- A plot which comes together
Now the one person I totally didn't warm up to was the h, who was whiny and not likable (despite you
Elizabeth (Liz)
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I'm NEVER surprised anymore, but this story...these characters...the author...they all surprised me, and in the BEST possible ways! I had the chance to read this a while back, and I've been looking forward to the time when I could let everyone know how impressed I am! King's Captive is darkly, deliciously mysterious, charged with volts of sexual electricity, cleverly, compellingly written and will have you flipping the finger to life, eager to keep reading!

Congratulations to Amber on a fan
Carvanz
I knew going in that this had a pretty wicked twist to it and I love twisty stories. Unfortunately, I had this figured out pretty quickly. Some of the finer details I wasn’t aware of, but the big twist wasn’t a surprise to me. Perhaps knowing it was going to be there had me looking at everything from different angles, but how and why I figured it out doesn’t matter. The fact that I did stole whatever enjoyment I might have had.

description

While I never really hated Julius, and I love an anti-hero and was pr
mich
There was a relationship in this book that was all kinds of awesome - seriously, just really, REALLY good. It was complicated and sexually charged and tense. It was perfect.

The story itself was intriguing. Compelling. It was told with some out of order flashback chapters here and there, which I can understand might annoy or confuse readers, but I kinda liked seeing things unfold in this way. So much more interesting than just having it all laid out up front for you.

You have questions. You want a
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
Feb 28, 2021 marked it as wishlist
Recommended to Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ by: Nav
It's only $1.99 on Kindle and Nav told me it was good. SOLD! ...more
Harim
THANK YOU ARDENT PROSE FOR MY ARC!!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

I loved it!!

This was my first book by this author and MARK ME AS A FAN!!

Hot damn this was so good! Even though I figured the story out halfway through but ughh I love an author who brings not so DIFFERENT stuff and still manages to make it a real nice story that grips the reader!

The moment this book landed on my Kindle I just..COULDN'T put it down!!

The book starts in such a thrilling way that you itch to get to the middle of it right off th
JadeC
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5++ stars!! talk about a twist after a twist after a twist??

this was a complicated story, i struggled to make sense of the plot as i went in blind (not reading a single review)
Julius King intrigued me. even the prologue had me hooked from the start. i don't want to give away too much but all i want to say is that I LOVE JULIUS KING! everything he did was for Sarah, as if she was his one and only lover.
however, i can't say the same for Sarah. i don't get her thinking sometimes, but around the
Debra Presley
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
King's Captive by Amber A. Bardan will keep you swiping the pages on your Kindle. I couldn't stop reading and every free moment I had was spent reading this book over the last few days.

Compared the rest of the book, the beginning could be viewed as a bit slow but I was still engaged in the book and found that it quickly picked up.

Julius King is one complicated and sexy character. I was immediately captivated by him. He's just my kind of man I love in a book. Powerful, dominating, and rich.

Sa
Kelly
First time read from author Amber A Bardan. I am in the minority on this but for the life of me I was lost. The book starts off really (in the prologue) cryptic and it actually really intrigued me. Then Chapter one is 3 years later and it turned frustrating for me. I had NO clue WTF was happening.

The author would do some "flashbacks" that were not in order (which my brain started melting from). Prologue started "bloody birthday 3:00 pm" - then it was 3:15 - then it was 1:20 - back to 3:30 pm. I
sara j
5 +++ stars....

MUST READ BOOK.....

just don't,t think ,what the synopsis predict ,the story is so different from it....

and man what a story it is.....

so suspensful....so mystery....and too much twists which will shock you at the end of every chapter.....

and bravo what an alpha hero in this book that you will just love him at the end....heroine decieves him numerous times but he,s just soooooo adorable....

After ages finally I got a new gem....a best alpha to read....a best plotine...

a best suspens
My Own Bookshelves
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure. ^^^ To answer the goodreads question...

The writing was on point.

For most who loves a crazy twist, you'll love it.

For me, I was stabby for 53% of the book because "WTH is going on"
The next 47% far less stabby "Ah I see where this is going"
The epilogue "Well, okay then"

This book has taught me a couple of things: I want a Julius to touch me like that no matter how much I should hate him. Next, Jamie and Nikki cannot be trusted. Last, yes everyone deserves the T-shirt.

Smart writing,
Samantha K
Rec - 5 stars!
No cheating
No rape
No ow
Minor & brief om situation
No abuse by H
Minor breath play that h liked (choking during intimacy)
Delayed sex until almost the end but they did other stuff.
h - Initially argumentative, rude to H, and tries to get away from him. She's also kinda dumb at times. You'll want to slap her. She does change by the end of the book though.
H - Pretty damn perfect imo. He's a controlling, j/p alpha bad boy; a gun smuggler, rich, powerful and a non-abusive, doting H. He's
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Captive
  • Ruthless King (Ruthless Warlords #1)
  • With This Ring
  • Wild Lands (Savage Lands, #2)
  • Killian
  • Deadly Vows
  • Recaptured by the Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Last Light
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • Prince Charming (Cinderella, #2)
  • Smug Bastard
  • Awakened by Sin (Crime Lord #4)
  • Bass-Ackwards
  • Savage Lands (Savage Lands, #1)
***Join Newsletter for GIVEAWAYS and updates http://eepurl.com/DvVUP***

Amber is a #1 Amazon Bestselling, award winning, author, and member of Romance Writers of Australia, Melbourne Romance Writers Guild, and Writers Victoria.
After spending years imagining fictional adventures, Amber finally found a way to turn daydreaming into a productive habit. She now spends her time in a coffee-fuelled adren

News & Interviews