Start by marking “Alpha Delta” as Want to Read:
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Officer Finn Hallan has never run from a fight. With Niall’s life and love at stake, he’s not about to start now.

N.B. Originally published with All Romance, this edition features the same story with new cover art

Finn Hallan is a member of the elite Norwegian Emergency Response Unit, code name Delta. When the team is sent to respond to a hostage situation on an Oil Pl

Published January 2nd 2017 by Love Lane Books Ltd (first published February 2nd 2015)

Sheri
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Hmmm, I'm not sure what to say??
Well, I've got something to say but it's not wonderful.
I read my first R.J. Scott book last month and loved it!
I was eager to read another and was rather disappointed this time around. Hate it when that happens :(
The writing felt vastly different. Major housekeeping attention was in order and being a re-release I would have assumed fine tuning would take place before presenting it to the world again. I found this oversight odd.
I liked Finn and Niall. I enjoy o
Gigi
I did enjoy this book, but, for me, it seriously lacked substance because it was so short. Too much happened too quickly and there was a lot of emotions between the two MCs that we weren't able to see and experience, rather asked to assume. That didn't really work for me.

Fleshed out a bit, this could have been an excellent story, but at its current length it is merely a good story. Recommended for those military lovers who have to read everything military related.

Who knows, maybe we'll see mor
Serena Yates
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2015
An elite team of anti-terrorist specialists with a code name that demands respect? Check. Action-packed adventure with a side serving of love developing between men who would not normally consider each other as anything more than a one-night partner? Oh yes. And one of the most unusual settings I have ever found in gay romance—an oil platform about to be decommissioned? Put on your seat belts and get ready for one wild ride!

Finn is paid to be a hero. On call most of the time, he has been trained
Addicted2M/M
1.5

The proofing errors in this made me want to throw my Kindle against the wall. If it hadn't filled slots in my challenges I wouldn't have finished it. At least keep the MC's names straight for heaven's sake.

Bo
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I wish this was longer. I needed more.
FantasyLiving
Reviewed for Boy Meets Boy Reviews

This pains me more than anyone could know, and is my first one heart review since I started writing reviews with the unicorns. I like to think I can find at least one good thing about a story and run with it, but this was just a hot mess.

I hope with all my heart that this story has gone through another edit with a decent editor by the time it was released, because there are significant problems with this story that cannot be overlooked as anything but sloppy.

”Al
Debbie
Indepedent Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.

Finn is smitten the very minute he casts his eyes over Niall. He didn't hear a owrd of Niall's presentation, Finn was just listening to his voice. Niall reacts similarly, upon their introduction. After several nights together, Niall is ready for more, but Finn isn't. Then Niall gets caught in the cross fire in a hostage situation, and Finn's team is sent to rescue him. Finn just needs to keep his head on straight to be able to tell
Jacq
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ok plot...just could not find the chemistry between the MC's!
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
I thought this was a nice short story packed with a lot of action and a small dose of romance.
Ginny
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: up-for-review
Having never read RJ Scott before, it took me a short while to get into it, but as soon as I did, I was hooked.

Alpha, Delta is a short, quick read (I read it in one sitting) and even in that short amount of time I was hooked on the action. There is romance between the two men — however, if you are not a fan of M/M romance, obviously, don’t read this.

I like that RJ Scott seems to have an even focus on the romance vs. the action in this book. A lot of M/M “romance” or “erotica” simply focuses on t
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I so need to read more of this authors books. As this is a short story I read it in one sitting.
Finn is part of a Special Forces team. He's a hot alpha male. As soon as he sets eyes on Niall he wants him. Niall is an engineer. When his life is in danger Finn will do anything to save and protect him. I love these two characters. I would have really liked this story to be longer so I could read more of these two as a couple.
If your looking for a quick m/m story then this could be the one for you.
Bev

Have to say I was slightly disappointed with this. The story itself was quite interesting and imaginative but the length meant that everything was rushed although I did like Finn's humour. What put me off the most however were the numerous editing/formatting errors, and that is certainly NOT typical of an RJ Scott story. Who cannot take the time nowadays to check that waste should have been waist?? Very poor ARe. 3 stars only I'm afraid, sorry RJ.
Kathryn
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but thrilling adventure. From a violent hostage situation comes an agent's determination to save a man's life and come open with his feelings.
Tina
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll also pick up a R.J. Scott book!
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: eARC Review Request: Alpha, Delta (ARe Alphas ) by R.J. Scott

My Rating: 4 of 4 Stars
(Based on Short&Light Read)

This was a really fast read and finished this in just one sitting. Yes, it was that fast and the story was super fast paced. Fortunately, this is written by RJ Scott so all the elements are present and accounted for: romance, erotica, men, gorgeous men, glasses, alpha men, and smaller men. Oh yes, there is the drama of the terrorist attack on an oil rig. Yes, thi
GayListBookReviews
An action packed novella that left me smiling.

Finn is all alpha male and buttkicking soldier. He's a British cop on loan to the elite Norwegian Emergency Response Unit, who police for terrorist activities in Norway and out into the Norwegian Sea. Highly trained and deadly, he's got a soft spot for nerds, especially if they have glasses. Once he heard Niall's Scottish accent he was gone.

Niall is an introverted nerd whose small, slim stature hides a fierce courage. He has more sass than he realize
Lucy
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
While at a mandatory safety meeting as part of the Norwegian Emergency Response Unit, work partners Erik and Finn are bored and they don’t want to be there. Erik knows Finn is gay and he’s good with it. So when Finn is distracted by the very pretty Niall, the engineer about to give a speech, Erik teases and then ditches the meeting. So Finn gets to meet the very intelligent Niall on his own. In the span of a short conversation, Finn is pretty taken with Niall and tries to figure out if Niall
Cadiva
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not one of this author's better ones

There were a ridiculously high number of proof editing mistakes in this one, wrong tenses, the wrong name used not only on multiple occasions but once in the same sentence the two MCs were referred to with the same name.

It was also very short, so the relationship never got a chance to develop properly and the main plot element of a terrorist coming back from the dead for revenge didn't really work for me.

It was a shame because all the elements were there, inte
Debra Guyette
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains five different stories. Each one is fantastic and will have you looking for more by these five superb authors. You will travel the world, meet new people, experience suspense and danger. But in each one is one delicious alpha. All this from the pages of Gay Romance.
Candice
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-theme
Not much to say as this story was pretty short. I am a fan of the author and as much as I think this would have been better if longer and we could have had more of an emotional connection with these two, it was still a good read.
Lidia
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a very good story but too short though , so we see little of like the love is developed between Fill and Niall. While the action scenes worked better. However I enjoyed very much the reading.
Shelley
Enjoyable story but too short!
Joanne
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. Review coming soon.
Serena Yates
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2017

Finn is paid to be a hero. On call most of the time, he has been trained
Heather
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rj-scott
When Finn Hallan and Niall Faulkner had an instant connection after a conference meeting they knew it was more than just a one night stand but it takes a hostage situation in the middle of Mother Nature's wrath that makes them see how far their feelings have grown. Will they be able to reveal their feelings or have they left it too late?

I originally purchased this novella long ago and when the author re-released a re-edited version, I purchased that too and yet as much of an RJ Scott fan as I am
Mel Bradley
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
**3.5 Stars**
The story starts with Finn, an elite military man, sitting in a boring training class… and I almost did a double take. But almost immediately, the person who comes on stage to lead the next segment of the training is Niall – a super smart (and perhaps somewhat nerdy) man that catches Finn’s eyes. From there, they come together and there are fireworks in the bedroom – culminating in a threat aboard the oil rig Niall is decommissioning and Finn is trying to protect.

This is a very shor
ButtonsMom2003
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Alpha Delta.

Alpha Delta was a very quick read for me compared to other RJ Scott books that I’ve read. Amazon shows the page count at 62 which is a pretty short novella.

Finn is a cop on a special forces team code named Delta. Niall is an engineer with NorsDev and he specializes in the environmentally safe decommissioning of oil platforms.

When the two meet, they are attracted to each other and they have a very hot night together even though Niall doesn’t really do one-night stand
Jenn
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 – 4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this story – it was fast paced and great mix of romance and action! I’m a big fan of RJ Scott’s books and can add Alpha Delta as one of the many reasons why. This a quick but definitely satisfying read!

Finn is a member of the Special Forces team, Niall is an engineer and yes these two are the perfect blend of sexy alpha and loveable nerd. I loved them together from the beginning! Finn first meets Niall during a training session he has to attend, which is definitely
Sali
I'm disappointed.
This book is a re-edition, got a new cover and all. Lots of reviews of the first edition recall editing mistake, multiples name swap, even in the same sentence. And this book got re-published without even a re-read.
I'm not asking for new content, or changing plot point, or giving more time for us to meet them before we are told they have been together for months. But just fixing all those easily fixable mystake. It's really confusing a time.
It's a shame because the story could
Romantic Reads and Such
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
While there are some romantic elements to the story (with Finn & Niall meeting and hooking up), this is more of an adventure story. Which is fine, just not quite what I expected :) But don't get me wrong, I really, really enjoyed it. I do have to warn you though that it is a short read … although that doesn’t stop Scott from delivering a heck of a ride.

Finn & Niall meet at a conference and their attraction to each other isn’t what they expect but it also can’t be denied. With their sche
  • Seducing Rain (ALPHAS #8)
  • Jumping In (ALPHAS #6)
  • Tribute for the Viking
  • The Fifth Son
  • In My Sights
  • 911
  • A King Undone (Noble Pleasures #1)
  • Chains
  • Twelfth of Never (Blind Faith #3.5)
  • Underground: Special Teams
  • Top Me Maybe?
  • Shifting Sands
  • Looking for Adventure
  • Hearts Afire: January
  • The King's Courage (North Pole City Tales, #6)
  • Billie Jean
  • Moon Over Tangier (Francis Bacon #3)
  • Karma Bites
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her