Start by marking “Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side” as Want to Read:
Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side

Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side

(Be a . . .)

Escape the real world and enter into the magical realm of unicorns with this little book of positivity. Illustrated with adorable, adorkable unicorns, each spread comes with a funny or inspiring quote reminding you to follow your dreams, and always think unicorn.

Perfect for giving an inspiring boost to your day, or as a cheering up gift for a friend who needs a little more
Published September 5th 2017 by Spruce (first published May 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side

Start your review of Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side
[Shai] Bibliophage
This cute and little book will indeed make anyone happy because it contains adorable illustrations and a lot of motivational advice. The recommendations are the usual ones we always hear and read but, the unicorn is a great addition to put a smile on anyone's face.

If you're looking for mood booster, this picture book might be the solution you're looking for. It will not only cheer you up, it will also uplift your self-esteem and will inspire you to do what is good and right.
Schizanthus Nerd
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Well, here it is! The book that inspired 🦄 Unicorn Month! 🦄

I love this little book of unicorn wisdom! I just wish it was longer because I didn't want it to end. Unicorn has got it all figured out. He lives in the moment, looks for the good in others, accepts himself for who he is and takes time to enjoy himself.

Sarah Ford gives the reader simple, bite sized pieces of self care that for some reason feel easier to apply to your life because a unicorn is the one dispensing the wisdom. Regardless o
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This is one of those books where I didn't even read the summary before volunteering to review it; for all I knew, it could have been a biography about Sarah Palin sneaked between two bright pink covers with a unicorn that looked as though it was drawn on MS Paint. Luckily, it was not a biography about Sarah Palin: it is actually a book on positivity involving unicorns & methods on living life to the fullest.

I'm apparently a sucker for b
Kirsty ❤️
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one of those fun boos full of colourful pictures, mindful/decluttering quotes that just brightens the day. And it did make me smile. If you love positivity and unicorns then this is a great addition to the bookshelf. It also makes for a cute gift. Now I know what to get all my team mates for Xmas 🙂

Free arc from netgalley
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is cute and funny and it’s a great gift for friends.
It started with a few notes one of them was:
„Always read this book with a smile on your face, but not on the toilet (unicorns would never do that)“
It shows us a important message:
we should stay who and how we are, no matter what anyone tells us.
We are perfect as we are.
We are special,
we are all unicorns 🦄

P.s. the book kind of roasted Trump, so 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sophie Crane
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myths-legends
I love this little book. Unicorn is a sweetheart, and there are lots of tips for living a life of goodness and glitter. I love the sense of humour, and it cheers me up just looking at this book. In today's world, we all need to be more like Unicorn. ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the Publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing!

Be a Unicorn & Live Life on the Bright Side is a graphic novel full of cuteness and positivity! On every page there’s a little piece of advice and a cute unicorn to represent that advice.

When I saw the cover, I knew that I was going to love this book. I didn’t need a synopsis or know the author, a unicorn is enough! And I was right! Be a
Denise ✨

today he was Morrissey,
but tomorrow he had big
plans for Frida Kahlo."

description

Book full of happy thoughts and colorful drawings.
Perfect pick if you love unicorns and need positivity in your life.
It's great as a reminder to keep positive but I don't think it's useful if you are struggling with a mental illness.
As an adult, I can relate with only 50% of the book.
Sara Oxton
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Be a Unicorn and live on the brighter side of life by Sarah Ford a bright and cheerful five-star read.
This was the sweetest shortest read ever, but I adored it. I was in a major book hangover and waiting for a download due at midnight so only wanted a quick read, that would give me a giggle, and this gave me both in spades.
I will be honest I picked it up as I love unicorns and then you get inspirational quotes to go along with them, I was so sorted. If you are in need of a little pick me up, thi
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
NetGalley review.

Awww, such a cute book! I wonder how many times you would feel the urge to reread it, since is quite short and full of drawings, but as a one-time mood booster it works just fine. The unicorn is very pretty, and the rest of the artwork is really well done. I think the book would be very interesting for children, or as a gift for a unicorn-crazy person.

description
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, humour
This is a sweet book filled with positivity and joy, but it's another of those books that I am left wondering what the purpose of it is. Once you've flicked through it once, what do you do with it? It might make a thoughtful book for anyone who is struggling to remain positive and needs a boost, or a stocking filler present. I love the brightly coloured images of unicorn, and the font is a great choice. But as all of the little bits of information are about 'unicorn', I didn't get as much positi ...more
Deepika
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't stop reading books like this one -- warm and hearty and soulful and inspiring and simple and colourful. See, I can't even stop abusing the adjectives now. We are all mythical creatures in some way, so this book is for us. ...more
Lisa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I definitely needed this today. The negative thoughts are creeping in like a cloud. The book is designed so you can open to a random page for an inspirational quote. For example, my favourite:
"Unicorn thought it was better to look at the rainbow than to waste time digging for gold."
The cutest illustrations too. I think this series might be a worthy investment.
Ariana
Originally posted on: The Quirky Book Nerd

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

This was an absolutely adorable and fun read that I really needed in my life at the moment. With the cute and colorful illustrations and the hilarious snippets about life that accompany them, this little book greatly picked up my spirits. It’s a very feel-good book that delivers laughs in bite-sized pieces with very fitting pictures that only continue to add to the deligh
Whitney
Such a cute little book!

Unicorn is one cool dude. He doesn't let life get in the way; he celebrates life!
Unicorn knows that it's the little things that matter, especially when they're free. He isn't afraid to do what he feels is right, even if he looks silly doing it. And he always looks on the bright side, even on the rainiest of days.

Although Be a Unicorn may seem like a silly little book that's meant to make you giggle a few times, that's an oversimplification. This little book has one simp
InkedBookDragon
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Be a Unicorn & and Live Life on the Bright Side by Sarah Ford is one of the most adorable books that I have ever seen. From the moment that I saw the cover I was won over. One little unicorn encouraging other unicorns to be themselves. I could not help but chuckle at some of the cute things the unicorn was doing to garner smiles. Life can be hectic and at times awful. Let the silly unicorn of this book turn that frown upside down.

I want to thank Netgalley and
Isaiah
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC in return for an honest review on NetGalley.

I fell in love before I even opened the book. I saw the cover and that was it. The dorky little unicorn became my favorite thing in the world. It was that intense and that immediate. I had very high hopes for the book. The description just made me lose it. I had promised myself I wouldn't stray from the schedule of books I have to review for anything, this book broke that without even any resistance.

I want to point out that the author ref
Eh, I guess I am not a unicorn, nor am I living the unicorn life. I found myself wondering how long all these sickeningly sweet bon mots were going to go on. It would have been funny if it had been a third as short. 100 pages of cute unicorns thinking and acting on life was a bit much to take, even though it was only one thought per two pages.

Not for kids, although kids love unicorns, but they might not get all the statements of how to live a good life.

This is probably one of those gift books yo
Rebekah Crain
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was already on my stack when I saw someone else talking about it earlier today. I wasn’t planning to read it just yet because I was in the middle of some more pressing reviews, yet here we are. I simply couldn’t resist any longer, and I’m so glad I didn’t. 🦄 This short graphic novel/illustrated book, whatever you call it, was awesomeness wrapped up in cotton candy goodness! A combo of bright illustrations and simple reflections on positivity make this the perfect quick read. Need a smile? R ...more
BookishOwlette
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
One Line Review: My smile didn't leave my face and don't worry, I didn't read it in the toilet.

This book is a bursting bubble of joy. Every page is filled with sunshine and rainbows. If you're ever having a bad day, pick this up and it will definitely turn that frown upside down.

I don't normally read self help books, but this one was disguised by this optimistic unicorn that it just couldn't be helped. This book is filled with wonderful advice. It's random nature and cute illustrations make for
Darcysmom
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for free in exchange for an honest review.
After reading this charmingly illustrated book, I definitely want to be like Unicorn! If you are feeling down or stressed, pick up this book and revel in the sweet, funny drawings and uplifting writing. I know this book has put a smile on my face every time I have looked at it. Read the book, smile, giggle a little, and be like Unicorn.
Mandy
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing bad to say about this sweet book. The rules are simple. Always read the book with a smile on your face, not on the toilet (a unicorn would never do that), it's not for non believers and to spread the love. I'm not sure it's possible to get through this without smiling. The illustrations are adorable, the pages are full of fun pictures and quotables. Read the Unicorn's 10 rules for a good life and try to be a little more like a unicorn. I think we all need it. ...more
Mir
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cream-puff
I was gifted this for Christmas. I was initially intrigued because unicorns, but also because I’m interested in creating a fun illustrated book someday. The illustrations were pretty cute I’ll admit, but overall the book was bleh.
Deborah
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book full of laughter and sunshine - except when Unicorn does his colouring. The book might be quick to read but will stay a long time in your heart.
I encourage all to buy this book.
I was given this book by NetGalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary review.
Grace
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I’ve read so far this year.
GL00M
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute ;)!!! So many funny quotes and pictures. This book is great for unicorn people, unicorn fans and funny people in general😂
Luna
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Always think Unicorn” – need I say more?
It’s full of wisdom and inspirational quotes about being yourself. Which usually involve an eye-roll reaction but it’s a Unicorn and funny illustrations. It works. Unicorn. Seriously. UNICORN!
ama
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I got this little book as a gift from my best friend to read on a grey day, and it did just the trick! I was honestly surprised at how many times the little pictures and texts in this made me smile and laugh - would really recommend this as a little pick-me-up to carry in your bag or keep by your bed!
Sam
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorably happy!
Sophia
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Netgalley sent me this book in exchange for an honest review.

Fun book. A self-help book disguised as an entertainment book. Really liked the colourful illustrations and the very positive messages that Unicorn gives. I will definitely be buying a copy of my own.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Koira nimeltään Kissa tapaa kissan
  • I Will Judge You by Your Bookshelf
  • Historien om Bodri
  • Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete
  • Libby the Story-Writing Fairy (Rainbow Magic: The Magical Crafts Fairies, #6)
  • The Mutts Spring Diaries
  • 100 Things to Pick You Up When You're Feeling Down: Uplifting Quotes and Delightful Ideas to Make You Feel Good
  • The Little Book of Love: Tips, Techniques and Quotes to Help You Spark Romance
  • Sikojen klaani (Rocco LaMotta, #1)
  • Themes and Variations
  • How to Fight
  • An Unlikely Ballerina
  • Bingo Love Volume 1: Jackpot Edition
  • Make Yourself Cozy: A Guide for Practicing Self-Care
  • Baby: A Soppy Story
  • Birding Is My Favorite Video Game: Cartoons about the Natural World From "Bird and Moon"
  • It's OK to Feel Things Deeply