Start by marking “Bruce's Big Move” as Want to Read:
Bruce's Big Move

Bruce's Big Move

(Bruce #4)

After the events of Hotel Bruce, the curmudgeonly bear shares his home with not only his four geese, but three rowdy mice besides! Fed up with their shenanigans, Bruce sets off to find a rodent-free household. But as usual, nothing goes quite according to plan. . .
Published September 26th 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Bruce's Big Move, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruce's Big Move

Cheryl
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-enjoy-again
Oh dear. I love this series and want more, and I especially want a direct sequel to this particular one. I don't care how saintly you are, if something continues to aggravate you there's a point at which you'll snap, and the results will not be pretty. If Bruce doesn't manage to get some peace & quiet, he's either going to need to get therapy or a mentor or something, or he's going to go bonkers.

But the art! Don't forget to peek under the dust jacket for two surprise bonus images. And allow
Rebekah
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, almost as good as the 1st book. Loooove these books!
Heidi
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poor Bruce. All he wants is peace and quiet and good food. Unfortunately, he is the adopted mother to four geese, and now some mice have moved in. That means not a moment of peace and quiet for Bruce. He already knows he can’t get rid of the geese, and he can’t seem to ditch the mice, so the only thing he can do is move.
Bruce packs up the geese and hits the road, hoping to escape the mice, but he soon finds chaos follows him no matter where he goes. What will curmudgeonly Bruce do?

I adore this
Becky
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm sure fans of the series will love it, but I just really don't care for the mice. Bruce trying to be fake happy for the sake of the geese makes for some magical illustrations though. That alone is kind of worth it.
Tasha
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bruce the bear continues to be mother to his four goose children. But now three mice have also joined them in Bruce’s den and it’s getting very crowded, particularly for the grumpy bear. It was messy and loud. Bruce tried to get rid of the mice, but nothing worked. So he decided to move away with the geese instead, leaving the mice behind. Bruce built a house, just the right size along the water. Bruce was very happy there, but the geese were all sad. Soon though, the mice had a solution, one th ...more
Stephanie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I especially love the illustrations!
Brenda Anweiler
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, childrens
I LOVE BRUCE!! I hope we will continue to see more and more of Bruce I for one simply love him. These are the sweetest books, the art work and the story lines are wonderful.
Amber
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like how this is a continuing story. Bruce is my favorite curmudgeony bear.
Abigail
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mother Bruce Fans
Mother Bruce returns in this third picture-book devoted to his oddball adventures - there is also a related title, Be Quiet! , featuring the mice who live with Bruce - this time confronting the chaos of his home life. With four goslings to care for, and three messy mice who won't leave, Bruce finds himself at the end of his tolerance. Taking his charges and leaving the mice behind, our ursine hero is soon settled into a more peaceful life. But what about the goslings? Can he live with their unh ...more
Dolly
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
With hilarious expressions and adorable illustrations, this book is sure to entertain parents and children alike. This is the third book in the Bruce series and continues where the second book left off.

I love the expressive images of the bear, especially as he anticipates the calm of a quiet home, and then angst when the moving crew and the housewarming party bring a riot of activity and old and new friends.

The illustrations, "created using scans of treated clayboard for textures, graphite, in
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
I do love Mother Bruce quite a lot.. I'm an introvert doing an extrovert's job and by the time I get home I just don't want to talk to a single other person. I'm grumpy and sullen and just want some peace and quiet. Poor Bruce! You and me both buddy.. Every time I see that grumpy face it's like looking in the mirror, but Bruce doesn't even have Starbucks and his recipes become lifelong responsibilities. Yikes!

Anyways, this book is a continuation of the wonderful series that started with the boo
Colona Public Library
I love the illustrations in this book. I love the color selection used. The geese are growing and with the three mice still living in Bruce's den, it is starting to feel cramped. The three mice are great at making messes and Bruce doesn't like it. So Bruce decided to move. Finding a new home is harder than it looks. Bruce looked everywhere. Bruce finally found the perfect house, but the geese were not happy. They missed the mice. Until one day, guess who showed up in a moving van. Yep. The mice. ...more
Ryan
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: not-in-i-share
Bruce does not like the mice living in his house. So he decides to move. Him and his four geese. But the geese miss their friends. How, oh how will Bruce make his little birds happy again. I love this story, and the message that family is family and home is home no matter where you go.
Sheila
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 2-6 year olds.
It's getting awfully crowded in Bruce's house with the geese and the mice. It is now time to move. I love this series. I laugh out loud and the goings on at Bruce's. This is a wonderful series for your little ones (and us not-so-little ones.)
Angie  Moore
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I might love this one the best out of all the Bruce books ❤ ...more
Lucia
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bruce tries to move from all the distractions, and the distractions find him. I love Bruce. I just might be Bruce!!
Katie
I just love all of the Bruce books! Such a fun read!
Peacegal
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, my goodness. These illustrations! The book manages to look modern and classic at the same time. You can tell how much love was put into this book.
Concludes with an applesauce recipe!
Ms. B
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, humor, picture
It takes more than a house to make a home in this worthy successor to the other stories in the Bruce series. I loved it!
Miss Ryoko
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This one wasn't nearly as good as it's predecessors, but I still enjoyed it!
Emily
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Omg, take off the dust jacket and appreciate the front and back view of Bruce on the motorcycle. It NEVER fails that when I show Bruce's derriere to any class that they break into adorable, hysterical giggles.
Margie
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing better than reading a book for the first time. When you see the dust jacket unfolded, the different book case, the opening and closing endpapers which are not the same and are a part of the visual story, certain interior illustrations and specific sentences in the text, it is a distinctive experience. There are books which strike a chord in your reader's heart so clearly the place you read them, who is with you as you read them together and the emotional impact you feel during a ...more
Jillian
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Bruce and the goslings, but I'm not a huge fan of the mice. Ah, well.
This book was pretty cute, in its own way. Bruce's face when he's trying to cheer up the geese is priceless.
Laura Slaybaugh
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a bear, one might think that Bruce would live alone, sleep all day in his den, and come out to eat. However, this is not the case. Bruce is a bear who is a mother to four geese. Not only is he a geese mother, he is also the host to three unwelcomed mice who refuse to leave the house. No matter how hard he tries, Bruce can’t get rid of the mice. At one point, Bruce tells them flatly “OUT!” Still, the mice do not get the hint and instead believe he is telling them to go outside and play. Hav ...more
Kirsti Call
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a special place in my heart for Mother Bruce, by Ryan T. Higgins. This summer one of my chickens was determined to become a mother. We couldn't coax her to leave her eggs for weeks--and our lack of a rooster and any possibility of those eggs actually hatching didn't concern her. So one day, we bought 2 one day old chicks, and snuck them underneath her at night. In the morning, she awoke to the babies she had been waiting for! She has happily adopted them and protected them, and mothered t ...more
Carrie Charley Brown
Sometimes guests just won't leave or they show up uninvited. What's a bear to do? After living in a messy, noisy, crowded household with three mice that don't understand that it's time to skedattle, Bruce packs up his goslings and decides to move. But you remember what happened in the first book, right? That little transformation Bruce goes through? I'm just sayin'... Well actually, I'm not saying anything. You'll just have to see what happens for yourself.

But I will say this, the third book in
Baby Bookworm
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Bruce’s Big Move by Ryan T. Higgins, the fourth entry in the hilarious Mother Bruce series.

Bruce and his geese children are back, now living with the three pesky mice from Hotel Bruce and Be Quiet!. Bruce has grown to love being mother to the geese, but the mice are simply not roommates he’s signed up for, especially since they are intrusive, messy, and create
Bridget
“Bruce was a bear who lived with four geese because he was their mother.”

The opening line of Bruce’s Big Move by Ryan T. Higgins sets the scene for the hilarious book to come. A great read for younger elementary students, the book tells the story of Bruce, as he tries to get some peace and quiet. Lots of animals live with Bruce, making noise and taking up space. Bruce decides to move, but his adventure hits many roadblocks.
The illustrations were created using treated cardboard for textures, gra
Katya Vinogradova
Ryan T. Higgins is now one of my favorite children's book authors! Every new book written and illustrated by him is a treasure. His books are a wonderful combination of humor that both kids and adults can appreciate, compelling characters, good lessons and wonderful, unique illustrations.
Bruce's big move is the third book about Bruce, the mother bear, and his four geese children. Also, the mice are back! The mice who annoy Bruce because they are always at the house and even getting their own st

Bruce (5 books)