Start by marking “Fireblood (Frostblood Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fireblood (Frostblood Saga, #2)

Fireblood

(Frostblood Saga #2)

All hail the Fire Queen.

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby’s powers and past…

Despit
Published September 12th 2017 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Fireblood, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
AnneMarie Rosenthal
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Fireblood (Frostblood Saga, #2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I loved it as much as I did FROSTBLOOD. =)

Ruby is a member of King Arcus court after defeating the old crazy king. But the Minax is still loose on the world and Ruby must find it and destroy it or it's going to keep killing more people.

Meanwhile, a whole bunch of jerks don't like Ruby around and want to take out Arcus because they are evil and all of that. Then they are stupid enough to stage an attack (fail) and this introduces Ruby to Kai, another Fireblood. What? And then Ruby sails off and
Khurram
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this books. The book did start out a bit slow but when it started to get going the action and revelations came thick and fast. I can't believe this is Elly Blake's second novel. I though Frost Blood was a great debut she carries the momentum on in this novel.

The character development is great, but the characters still stay true to themselves from the original story. In the first novel we were introduced to Ruby the outcast a Fireblood in a kingdom ruled by ice. Here we lean more
Caitlin
This was one of my most anticipated releases and I utterly enjoyed every moment of it and I couldn't be happier! It was just as good as the first one and I cannot wait for the last book in the trilogy next year.
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Okay, am I the only one that kinda hopes for a love triangle? LOL I am so here for the drama of it all.

I know, I know. I'm the worst.

My Blog ~ Instagram ~ Twitter ~ Etsy
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, full-lengths
“You are a flame, Ruby, and fire can either be free or it will be smothered. The last thing I want...The last thing I want is to smother you.”
I read this book sometime in November 2018 but forgot to review it because of uni routine. But now I'm gonna review it by recalling as much as I remember.

>>There was an addition of a new character named Kai. Liked him. He is as much adorable as Arcus. The amazing thing is he is a Fireblood.
>>Ruby, along with Kai, went to Sudasia to find more a
Nasom
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Review

Love triangle and cliches aside, I really enjoyed this

What I liked
- Whereas the first book was all about Frost, this was all about fire. I enjoyed reading about Ruby's journey to self discovery. She is finally in a place that doesn't see her as the enemy, and she gets to master her fire powers and find out more information about the land that her mother was from.

- I liked the mystery element in this. In the first book, there was a clear sense of who the evil person or entity was
Lauren
Jan 15, 2017 marked it as lost-interest-not-for-me
Shelves: love-triangle
LOLOLOL NOPE.

Explain to me how one guy can be 'the love of her life' and called 'beloved' while 'sparks fly' with another one. I just can't with this nonsense. *insert major eye roll*

This is exactly why I don't usually read a book without carefully researching what's to come. Looks like I'm still being burned.
elena
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
i mean, it was better than frostblood.
Ben Alderson
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this sequel!
Review coming on YT!
nick
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
UPDATE AFTER READING

OK so it really wasn't a love triangle. The synopsis is very bait-y, in my opinion, and makes it seem like the relationship between Kai and Ruby goes beyond friendship. It doesn't. Ruby is still devoted to Arcus despite the distance between the two.

Anyways, this one lacked the spark of the first book in general. A lot happens, plot-wise, but I missed some of the character interactions from the first book. I'll be reading the finale to wrap up the series for sure though!

-----
Suzanne
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know how when you love characters in a book so much that you just hope someone stirs up some s**t so you can get another book or two out of the series? These are those type of characters! I love them! I remember when I read Frostblood I was skeptic because of some mixed reviews but that has never stopped me from reading a book so I dove in...and I really really liked it! This one was even better in my opinion. I started it last night after I finished Warcross and had half it read before bed ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Stayed up all night reading this and I do't even regret it, it was so good! Full review to come!

EDITED TO ADD FULL REVIEW:
The first book in the Frostblood series completely captivated me. I plowed through it in no time at all. It was completely addicting and hard to put down. I was surprised that this was the author's debut novel and even more surprised that something that seems like it's been done before could so capture my attention and seem new and exciting.

With her sequel Fireblood, she pro
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.75/5: This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books.

Sequels can be a tricky thing to get right. You have to recreate the magic of the first book, yet make sure the second book shines on its own.

Thankfully, Fireblood is a worthy sequel. Actually, I thought it was better than Frostblood. It's fun and easy to read. The perfect combination when all you want to do is escape in a book!

Yes, Frostblood wasn't the most original of stories, and Fireblood follows suit. It definitely foll
Chelsies Reading Escape
I love it when I find YA Scifi/Fantasy books by Canadian authors, especially when the concept is this fun. In this series there's huge divide between the two elemental groups; Frostbloods and Firebloods. After being at war for so long most of them have learned to hate each other. Our main character, a Fireblood named Ruby lives in the Frostblood Kingdom where shes hunted for her gift and unable to make it to the Fireblood Kingdom since the borders have closed. She must keep her gift hidden or ri ...more
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
Okay. Where to start? Let me begin this review with a paragraph summarising my overall feelings:

ASDGNHMAJM>FADslfg.gf;sdg..h./j.k/j./g???????NOOOOOOOOO!!!UGH!?!?!?ASDFGHJKL ASDFGHJKKKKK.ajifdsbhfbdkwdjfkjButYESYESYESARGHHHHHHHHdfgsdjfgshiNOWAYWHATREALLY???DTFGJHBfnsdkglfgkeljmeknrghebgkurgASDFGHJK!!!!!.<3<3

So, yes. That is how I felt. I will now attempt to translate, but I am very emotional right now, so consider yourselves warned.

Okay. It was awesome! <3<3<3 The plot was absolutely incredibl
Emma
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars holy crap!
I loved this book almost more than the first! The twist was amazing and I just, I can’t wait for the next book. 😍😍
Alexa
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cp-books
A rare instance where the second book in the trilogy doesn't suffer from "second book syndrome"! Many second books feel like bridges to the third and don't stand alone, but Fireblood is an organic development of Ruby's journey and has as many twists/turns/excitements and AMAZING new characters as the first one. At the same time, it does build to what should be an exciting third book/conclusion to the trilogy.

I'll start with Kai, since I know a LOT of people are worried about a love triangle. (v
Trina (Between Chapters)
So much royal intrigue! This was even better than the first book. Def read this series if you enjoy elemental magic, trials, and hidden identities.

Audiobook: Good. Not a stand out in comparison to the hundreds of audiobooks I've listened to, but I found her voice very pleasant to listen to. Would recommend, but not one to go out of your way for this format.

tw: possession, unwanted arrange marriage, being trapped in a room on fire with a bunch of bugs stinging you
Zoe Stewart (Zoe's All Booked)
I had read that this one is better than the first, but honestly, I thought it was just as average as Frostblood. I didn't care about the characters or the romance. The plot was interesting, but it wasn't executed that well. I saw the plot twists coming a mile away, and it felt like it had all been done before. A lot of it felt like it was trying to be like the Sarah J Maas series but fell short.

I'm so over love triangles. Actually, that's not entirely true. (view spoiler)
Kay
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the end of Fireblood, Arcus has been restored to the crown, the ice throne has been melted, freeing the kings from the Minax, and Ruby has a place in the Frost Court with the king she loves. But nobody will accept a Fireblood in the land of ice, and the Minax is still out in the world, terrorizing and possessing people, spreading its darkness over the land. It seems there's only one thing for Ruby to do--travel to the fiery land of Sudesia where she'll learn more about the curse and the other ...more
Stacee
2.5 stars?

I really really reaaaaaallly enjoyed the first book and I was so excited to get to this story. Even though it breaks my heart to rate this so low, I'm wondering if 2.5 stars may be too high.

The plot of this story is filled with clichés. I wanted to be sucked into the story and found myself skimming pages out of boredom and rolling my eyes so hard, I'm surprised they're still in my head. (view spoiler)
Zainab
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Look at that cover! Just look at it. The book was just as good!
Imani
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5
This was so good. Elly Blake has become one of my fave authors, and that will be cemented permanently if she finishes this series spectacularly.

I initially thought I wouldn't be able to take it- reading this book. Reading the blurb about a new dude named Kai, a Fireblood, irked me to the core. Arcus is the one I love. Fiercely. Idk what it is, but he's been a hero who's nabbed my heart in a way few authors have been able to achieve. So I knew I'd be set up for disappointment c
Melissa
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How I am going to survive until August to read the third book of this series is a mystery to me. I devoured the second book faster than the first, so I really can’t wait to see what the third will hold for Ruby, Arcus and Kai!
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
He nodded, lips twisting in a slight grimace. “It frustrates Lord Ustathius to no end to find me here instead of in the council chambers. I told him this helps me think.”
“And does it?”
“Yes. It helps me think of you.”

It’s never my intention to belittle a book series on the second book (which I genuinely generally hate), or any of the books, really, if I love it with my whole heart. But, no, this was not a satisfying novel, no matter how much I wish it was so. I can’t love a book solely for
Aneta Bak
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, books-i-own
Fireblood was spectacular. I loved it more than the first book.

Even though Ruby defeated the evil king and melted his throne, the Frostbloods still don't trust her. When an attack on Arcus and his followers almost kills him, Ruby takes on the mission to go to Sudesia with a Fireblood prince to make ties between the two countries. The only way she can appeal to the Fire Queen is by becoming a Fireblood Master and completing three trials. While the queen shows no signs of possession by the Minax,
Kate (beautifulbookland)
I've come to the conclusion that, if given the chance, I would read Elly Blake's shopping list. She has such a way with words, I think she could dress broccoli up quite nicely. Her books are such a comfort, and I find it so easy to just lose myself in her world, in her characters. While I've been reading Fireblood, I've been going through a difficult time (my grandad, after being ill for a long time, died this morning) and the thought of being able to read it kept me going, and whenever I wasn't ...more
alice (arctic books)
I read FROSTBLOOD a while ago, and I really enjoyed it despite the common cliché tropes that it included - nonetheless, it was incredibly fast-paced and action-packed, similar to the contents of its sequel FIREBLOOD.

Y'all know I have a thing for love triangles (oops), and I really enjoyed the love triangle in this novel. However, I honestly could not figure out which love interest I liked more, so I'm excited to see who Ruby ends up with in the final novel. We also learn a lot more about the Mi
Scrill
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, romance, ya
“The flame, eternal, like the spirits of the Fireblood people. Crush us, beat us, cut us down. We will not be extinguished. We live in the embers and rise again to consume our enemies.”

Taking over the country after his brother, Arcus has set out to create peace with Sudesia and have a safe place for firebloods. Unfortunately the court is less inclined to accept the warm blooded people.Meanwhile, the Minax is possessing citizens and wrecking havoc in the city by making them kill other people.
rachel ☾
Jan 01, 2017 marked it as zzzz  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The sequel is being published this year as well?

• Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, #2)
  • The Traitor's Ruin (The Traitor's Circle, #2)
  • A Sorrow Fierce and Falling (Kingdom on Fire, #3)
  • Defy (Defy, #1)
  • Frozen Reign (Burning Glass, #3)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Onyx and Ivory (Rime Chronicles, #1)
  • Ignite (Defy, #2)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
NYT bestselling author of the Frostblood Saga. Elly Blake loves fairy tales, old houses, and owls. After earning a BA in English literature, she held a series of seemingly random jobs, including project manager, customs clerk, graphic designer, reporter for a local business magazine, and library assistant. She lives in Southwestern Ontario with her husband, kids and a Siberian Husky mix who defini ...more

Frostblood Saga (3 books)
  • Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
  • Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3)