Start by marking “Coastal Elite” as Want to Read:
Coastal Elite

Coastal Elite

Jordan Kaisall has problems.
Business problems, political problems, cheating ex-girlfriend problems. He knows that a week away from the Washington D.C. Beltway won't do a damn bit of good for those problems, but his beach house in Montauk is exactly where he needs to be right now.

April Veach has plans.
Work plans, travel plans, try-everything-once plans. Montauk is keeping
Published March 7th 2017 (first published March 5th 2017)

Start your review of Coastal Elite
AJ
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic, arc, steamy, soldier
3.5 short, sexy, intriguing stars

The Walshes series made Kate Canterbary an insta-buy author for me, and I’ve been really excited to read this book – a standalone spin off. Jordan is the best friend of Will Halstead, and Will and Shannon both feature in this book – however you do not need to have read The Walsh series prior to reading this book (though you should, because it’s awesome!).

Jordan Kaisall is an ex-SEAL who was honourably discharged service after an injury left him medically unfit
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
2.5 stars. The half star is for the "twist", which I can't discuss without spoiling the book. Disappointing because said twist was the best thing about the book.

Coastal Elite follows Jordan, a former Navy SEAL turned security specialist, as he seeks a temporary respite from personal and business disasters. It features strong writing, a first-person male POV that was (gasp!) quite relatable, humor, and a dash of intrigue.

The story worked when it didn't focus on the relationship between Jordan and
Melanie (mells_view)
Sweet and Unexpected.

A super serious and dedicated retired SEAL who now works in big time serious security, and a laid back acupuncturist from Montauk. Doesn’t sound like the perfect pair, but it absolutely is. Kate Canterbary somehow manages to bring together Jordan & April and makes you feel their connection and love in just 200 pages. Such a great read.

If you’ve enjoyed her Walsh family series and the vibes you get in those books, you will love this story, but Coastal Elite even has a
Ivy Deluca
I did a joint review for Afterdarkbooklovers.com with my blogmates Michelle and Rachel (eee!) but in the meantime...

description

I really enjoyed this (relatively) short full length romance. This spinoff of the Walsh family series has a good mix of romance and light suspense. If you haven’t read Kate Canterbary’s books, I encourage you to try out her Walsh family series, If you have read her, this is a slight variation, but with all the key qualities you expect in a Canterbary tale - strong characters,
Emma
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It's hard to believe this is the same author who gave us the Walsh family series. Unfortunately Coastal Elite was a bit of a flop for me!!
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
3 - OK decent reads. ...more
Jan
3.5 stars. There was a twist in this story that I did not see coming! I also did not realise it was a novella till I was more than half-way through. LOL.
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know Kate Canterbary for her ‘Walsh Series’, the interconnected books about the Walsh Family. I like the sweet books with a dose of emotion, angst and great characters. Coastal Elite is the author’s latest book and tells the story of Jordan and April. It has a bit of a twist and I like it.
“The world, it wasn’t black and white. It wasn’t a clean dichotomy of good and evil, right and wrong. It was shades upon shades of gray, and I owned that gray.”

Jordan is a former Navy Seal who now owns a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Whenever a Kate Canterbary title hits my kindle it is a cause for celebration as I absolutely 100% know that my world will be rocked by a hot alpha, sassy heroine and that the sexy times will only be bested by the out of this world snarky banter. Yes folks. I already know this BEFORE I start the book. How? Either I'm psychic like that or this author is just that damn good ;) Pretty much givens in life: The sky is blue, the grass is green and Kate Canterbary will once again rock my world with her ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Coastal Elite is the newest from Canterbary. I really loved it. It had a different feel than her other stories, but I enjoyed the direction it’s heading. It’s branching out from the Walshes and you are able to get a different side of this world she’s created.

Jordan is a man. One who does what he needs to do and doesn’t stop till it's done. After walking in on a moment between two douche canoes. He decides a vacation is in order. From there he meets April. I loved these together. They were just
Gisele
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5 - 4,0 stars

I adore Kate Canterbary's books. The Walsh series is one of my favorites and when I heard she was releasing a kind of spin-off of the series I was most excited. It is a shame the book was so short. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it had all the potential to be awesome! That's why I'm sad.

I loved Jordan, his story, and his work. I LOVED the Halsted family cameos - Will, Shannon, and Froggie, you're in my heart forever and ever - April was great too, that twist, in the end,
Nomims
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

This book was nice but boring. I don't know if it's because i've just read some intense books but, yes, i was a little bored and don't feeling it.
I don't understand how they fell in love and i didn't felt the chemistry.
The story pick up in the last chapters with a twist i didn't see coming. It was a little hard to believe but it was, well, nice ...

Michelle [Helen Geek]
07/14/02017 -- 4 Stars

Until the last 3 chapters or so, this book, for me, was 5+ Stars. But it finished at 4 Stars. Why? Because we sped to the end. The logic of the story was a bit hinky too.

Happy Reading!
Mazmum
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Coastal Elite by Kate Canterbary - 4 and a half I’d Climb Jordan like a Tree Stars

Ah Jordan Kaisal, the Laurel to Will’s Hardy, The Salt to his Pepa finally gets his own book.

Do we get a wallflower as Jordan’s significant other - no, because as we know and love, Kate writes kick ass female characters and I think she might have excelled herself with April’s awesomeness.

Known for my abhorrence of instalove, I really had no issues with these two. Firstly, because it was really
Amanda
description
If you are in the mood for a strong, sweet, bad arse former Navy SEAL then this is the story for you. This book has it all and then some. The witty banter and innuendos had me laughing out loud several times and highlighting like mad. Jordan is not in the best place when he meets his match, but she has a way of soothe him inside and out. April is a jack of many trades and I loved that about her. She is so awesome and I fell pretty hard for her too. Both of these characters are swoon worthy and
Brenna
This was great. I loved getting Jordan's POV and love story, even if it was just a short taste. I had to suspend reality a bit but I found that easy to do since I knew going in it was a novella and may be rushed a little. I thoroughly enjoyed Jordan and April's story and couldn't put it down. It was a nice bonus getting more time with Shannon & Will too. <3
Christina
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I say this every time I read one of Kate's books so I have to keep up the tradition. She just gets better every time. I like that she had the courage to branch out into the romantic suspense genre. I like that she wrote a book that included the Walsh/Halstead family but wasn't about them. I think that's one of my favorite things about a series. I like to make sure my friends are ok and life is still good.

Anyway, back to Coastal Elite (love that title!). Jordan and April couldn't be more
Kim C.
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I liked this book, but didn't realize when I started that it was a shorter, almost novella length, book. Overall, the story was good, however I wish some parts had been fleshed out a little more. I liked Jordan and April and I LOVED the turn of events in their relationship. I had some difficulty really connecting with them and I felt their were parts of the story where more details would have enhanced my enjoyment. And just when things started heating up in the storyline (with that ...more
Heather andrews
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jordan sure knows how to sweet talk his girl, "we'll walk on the beach and eat salads and read until you let me eff you again, and then we'll fall asleep. Be ready." I was totally with April on being distracted with Jordan, "umm," she started, "I didn't process anything you just said because you're naked in my kitchen." I looked down at myself and shrugged..." I was in love with this book, I instantly fell in love with the characters.
Michelle Rodriguez
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Triple review by yours truly, Ivy and Rachel.

Coastal Elite by Kate Canterbary

Review by Michelle, Ivy and Rachel

Michelle’s rating: 5 Stars
Ivy’s rating: 5 Stars
Rachel’s rating: 5 Stars

Michelle: Hey Ivy, look who is joining our little Kate Canterbary worshipping, our Rachel. Granted, she Suzie come lately to the party (ahem), and still needs to catch up with the rest of the Walsh clan. And since Coastal Elite is technically, not a Walsh book, we’re giving her a free pass and join the fun.

Ivy:
Mari
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2017reads

Coastal Elite is like your fave cupcake indulgence you can't resist, sweet, satisfying, yummy goodness with every bite. After one you want more. I loved that this dabbled in romantic suspense it's terrific to see people branch out and do it successfully.

Jordan Kaisall has been roughened by his SEAL years, a bit jaded and more skeptical. Focused on his company now he doesn't have time for much despite his ongoing problems and there are a lot of them. Jordan is like a smooth, bold and
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He was my rock, my anchor, my port in the storms of life—all of it, and then some.

I'm just going to say it.

I. Loved. This. Book.

It was short and sweet, quick and dirty—one big story packed into not enough pages. And as much as I wish it were longer, only because I could read Kate Canterbary’s words for hours, it was perfect.

Ms. Canterbary is a favorite of mine for many reasons, but the most important one you need to know is that she writes smart; clever banter and witty words, intriguing
Danielle
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!!

Kate Canterbury is a genius, no two ways about it. Her writing is always so smart and clever and witty. She stealthily sneaks in some serious smut, and it all comes together in a stellar romance. She's a no-fail, never-let-me-down, auto-buy author for me.

I'm going to be super careful here as I really do not want to spoil anything. So I'll just say that Coastal Elite was, in part, exactly what I had hoped for - a light and breezy, super sexy and romantic love story. But there was
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! OMG! Kate Canterbary can write her ASS off! Every single book I read by her just proves that she is unlike any other! Her stories are unapologetically smart, sexy and witty. Her men are alpha and her females are always strong women.

"That you're able to carry on a conversation with me right now indicates that my clit licking game needs work."

Coastal Elite was just everything I had hoped it would be. Jordan is a too sexy for his own good former Navy Seal who currently runs a security
Reader
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it but it felt rushed, especially the ending. I wanted April to be warmer. Loved Jordan. Wanted more of his humor and his mom. Just left me wanting more. Kate Canterbary is on autobuy for me. Love love her style and voice!
Rebecca Wheeler
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed this! Kate Canterbury is an author's name that I've heard circling before in book conversations, and learning that this could be read as a standalone, I really wanted to try her work out. Plus, I love a small town/beach side romance. Good snappy dialogue. A fair romance that held my attention. There were a lot of twists throughout, and where a lot of romance tends to get formulaic about 50-70%, this got very interesting and exciting. My favourite parts were Will and ...more
b.andherbooks
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A novella length audio book is sometimes the perfect thing for the work commute, and this one was super fun. I've been bingeing the heck out of Kate Canterbary, and I think I've finally come to the end of the Walshes.

Here we meet Jordan Kaisall, Will Halsted's business partner, former SEAL, and all around bad-ass. He's on vacation with Will and Shannon (so adorable to see them) in Montauk after finding his casual girl friend blowing his business competitor in his apartment, something that means
litljen
100% spoiler-free review

Coastal Elite is the new standalone spinoff of Kate Canterbary's must-read Walsh Series. Whenever Canterbary releases a new book, I jump on it because everything this woman writes is perfection. She has a way with words and effortlessly creates worlds that suck readers in and make them fall in love with her characters. I fell ass over elbow for The Walsh family and now, Jordan Kaisall can be added to the list of Canterbary men who own my heart. High strung, mysterious,
Sejla
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

"He was my rock, my anchor, my port in the storms of life - all of it, and then some."

I loved this sexy and funny story very much but wished it was a little longer. The hero Jordan and the heroine April had great chemistry! I loved their banter. The only reason I'm giving this book 4.5 instead of 5 stars is because it felt a little rushed at the end. A huge plus was that I met my favorite couple from the Walsh series again: Will and Shannon. All in all Coastal Elite was a very
Lekeisha
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this foray into something new by Kate Canterbary. It is a different feel and style from her Walsh series but the story, writing and characters are just as great. It was a smooth, enjoyable read. I devoured this book in two sittings, and that was just because I finally had to sleep.

Jordan and April are both strong characters and totally made for each other. Of course it would be no fun if there were no bumps on the way to their HEA. This book has romance, action, suspense, funny moments
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Giving Grace (The Gilroy Clan #8)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs, #3)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Strictly Professional
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Sidecar Crush (Bootleg Springs, #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)
  • Blindsided
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • Sink or Swim (Beach Kingdom, #3)
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more
“She was all that I wanted. It was irrelevant whether it had been two days or two years. There was a weight in my chest, a gravity associated with finding someone who brought levity to my spirit and fire to my soul. It was all in there, gathering volume and intensity, and I didn’t know how I’d lived thirty-nine years without experiencing this.” 0 likes
“You’re gonna break me,” she whispered, her words cracking on a sob.
“Only if you want me to break you,” I replied, peppering her forehead and cheeks with light kisses. “I promise I’ll always put you back together, honey.”
… “Always?” she asked. “No matter what?”
“Always,” I vowed.”