Start by marking “Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)” as Want to Read:
Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)

Goalie

(Texas Mutiny #3)

Goalie
[goh-lee]
noun
a player in the goal whose duty is to prevent the ball from entering or crossing it

See Santos and Mariana DeGuajarado

As goalie of the Texas Mutiny, Santos is damn good at protecting that net. But he never bothered to protect his marriage.

Letting the fame and notoriety go to his head, he lost the things he loved the most… his wife and kids. Now
Published February 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Goalie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goalie

Start your review of Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)
Alex ♈
There will be no rating.
It was the most raw and honest book about infidelity I ever read.
But even despite good writing and risky plot
any high rating will be against my morals.

Before reading this book, after reading this book and till the end of my life
I said, say and will say:

NOTHING justifies cheating!
Nothing excuses cheating and there is no 2nd chance for a cheater!

I despise cheating, I deeply abhor cheaters; but I’m adult enough to understand that the life is not black and white – it’s grey
Fre06 Begum
Paige
5+ "Not Easy" Stars

M.E. Carter's Goalie is one of the most real romances I've ever read. And now it's one of my most favorites. Even after having read several other books since, I cannot stop thinking about this story. It's not easy. It's not the normal. But if you're a bit brave. And if you're ready to read a romance that isn't typical. Then you need to read Goalie. I first fell in like with M.E Carter when she wrote Change of Hart but I fell head over heals for her in Goalie.

Santos and Marian
M **the biggest bookworm**
Feb 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
this hero is a piece of shit who commits infidelity against his wife for 10 years he says that she's the love of his life but if she was he should've kept it in his pants he also blames his damn whores.
When she started dating or at least went on a date he got upset, at least she did not cheat on him they were separated he deserves the same treatment that he did to his wife.

If I were his wife I would've cut his damn dick.
And here's the kicker he's not celibate after the separation he keeps fucki
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
2.5 I'm not sure how to feel stars but I'm TOTALLY rounding down because it's not worth rounding up!

First let me say that cheating is not my thing. Typically I avoid books that involve cheating like the plague. Therefore the only excuse I can give for reading this is that I'm a masochist. I knew going in that the heart was not only a cheater but a cheating SOB who had been doing it for years.

I'm putting my thought under spoiler so I don't ruin it for anyone else...

(view spoiler)
boogenhagen
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Rejane
Feb 19, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose

I'm still wondering why cheating is so "ON" lately and I still can't think of it as natural and acceptable. I might have a psychological problem or I'm a moral snob. Either way, those authors are making me doubt myself and my thoughts and believes. I actually like respect and honesty. Yep, I might be sick. NOPE
Ewwwwwww

Betül
Feb 22, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 50% - so no rating!

I was already struggling with this book at 5% and didn't know if I would make it till the end. And like you can see I didn't. I do love this author's writing, that was the main reason I didn't DNF right away and continued reading. However, the 'hero' in this book did something that I wouldn't be able to forgive in a million years. I was reading to see how the author would try to redeem him. I wanted to see how he would react and how the heroine would deal with the situa
Katerina
Sep 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
So I read this book to get out of my comfort zone. And nothing makes me more upset than reading a book featuring infidelity. No taboo/rape/assault affects my reading experience the same way.

He did not deserve her. Personally, I believe he should have gotten a taste of his own medicine, because fidelity never existed for him - there was no respect for her. I can't even believe she touched him after she found out. That she resigned herself to being alone for the rest of her life. That she resigned
Chem&Comp
Raj
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you were superman and cheating was your kryptonite than this book is going to be a nuclear bomb to your senses as it spans over a decade of serial cheating and the scenes of infidelity are explicit and bleed through from the previous book 'Groupie' with regards to the main character Santos .

The author handles the fallout of the wife leaving her sex addicted husband with the dexterity of a knife thrower juggling a dozen sharp objects in the air and ensuring that each knife that falls,lands saf
Nikki ღ Navareus
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Only people who can handle cheating stories.
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: A.J. Reads
***3.5 STARS***
(view spoiler)
Beth
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Stars

Respect is earned. And it is often earned in pain and hurt feelings because sometimes we have to see someone at their worst, in the worst of times, to be able to respect that they came through those hard times.

Santos is the goalie of the Texas Mutiny. He has a great reputation on the field. His team respects him and embraces him and his family. The problem is that he can't keep it in his pants. And that respect doesn't extend past the field. Everyone know he is cheating
Ana
Feb 19, 2017 added it
Nope not gonna happen.Once a cheater always a cheater.Is the heroine at the end done with this ass? Did she have her HEA with someone else? Then I'll read it if not,there's no reason to.Don't f...... care if it's well written
Nadia
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I'll be honest, I went into this book preparing to hate Santos and rooting for Mari to kick him to the curb. While, initially I still felt like that, alas, my feeling about him and his relationship with Mari changed. He really fought hard and won me over.

I've noticed this is a continued trend with M.E. Carter, I went into Groupie prepared to dislike Tiffany or at least not love her, boy did that change. It is the same with Goalie.

I slowly but surely fell in love with, not the person he was but
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Update: 21st of February, 2017

Before I begin this. Just because I read a book with a cheater/cheating in it, doesn't mean that I condone cheaters/the act of cheating. People who know me personally know just how much I hate cheaters/cheating. I've seen it happened to someone I care about. So yeah. Not condoning. Capiche?

This book is all about me wanting to get out of my comfort zone for a bit.

So after careful consideration, I decided to give this book a 2-star. I've had time to ruminate everyt
Kim
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
honestly, this writer's writing wasn't too bad except for editing errors. her subject matter was just very unpalatable. women can get cheated on but women who choose to get cheated on i don't identify with. it's simply a personal preference. i can't believe that a supposed great love would disrespect and endanger the love of his life. the idea that women get cheated on -especially in droves- and forgive is simply normalised abuse. i also resent women being written as people who would give up the ...more
Angie
Wow. This is one of the better books I've read that tackles infidelity. I thought it was incredibly realistic. I wish more authors would go there as it's not a deal breaker for ALL readers. But if cheating is a no go for you then you should stay far far away from this book.

Mari has a gut feeling Santos, her husband of ten years and goalie for a pro soccer team, is cheating on her and her suspicions are confirmed when she confronts a groupie. She then packs herself and their three kids and goes
Cc
2.5 ⭐️'s

Ok, gonna be honest. I didn't like the authors writing style. I just couldn't connect with either character. But that's on me because this was a well written, interesting book, I just couldn't feel the angst. It was more tell than show and I just NEVER FELT HER PAIN OR HIS REMORSE. I capitalized that bc this book deals with the fall out of a sexual addicts behavior over YEARS, so, yeah. Again technically well written but missing the angst.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Robyn
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unforgettable
4.5 Transparent Stars

Well, I’ll be honest...this story was very hard to read at times. However, it was so honest, raw and unexpectedly realistic in its depiction, I couldn’t put it down. I’d never come across a story quite like this one. I always bump up my ratings for originality, this was one was no exception.

My heart went out to Mariana, a thousand times over! Most women can put themselves in her place, and empathize with her— given the trauma Santos thoughtless repeated actions caused her.
Bev
3.75 conflicted stars Edited because after reading Megged, which is the conclusion/epilogue to Santos and Mari's story, I'm upping my rating to 5 stars. If ever a character WORKED and FOUGHT to earn his forgiveness it's Santos. And I love the character growth they both had in Megged.

So because I loved this book does that mean I'm making fun of marriage vows? Um that would be a big fat nope. I'm married, very happily so and would never cast the first stone at anyone that messes up, even as hugel
P
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hmmm

I see what the author tried to do here and in a way I can respect it. Unfortunately she made two fatal flaws that kept this from being a successful romantic story. 1st giving us the mental image of him with the other women. Once those scenes were planted, it was over for me. Think about it, we had to witness his cheating. We were in the room. His wife barely heard the stories and divorced him for over two years... The second mistake is connected to the first. Since we were able to see his (t
Heroesinbooks
4.5 Brutally Honest Stars

This book surprised me. I normally run screaming for the hills when a book contains infidelity and sex scenes with other women/men. However, this one grabbed my attention and I dived into it , desperately hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed and heart sore after reading it.

This novel exceeded my expectations. Yes, there's infidelity and yes the break up is brutal but WOW, what an after story. This book is more about the survival of a break up and the healing.

Jump int
Mari
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - 5 stars

This the first time I've read a book that had this concept. Dealing with the what if or what can happen after infidelity in a marriage. That author note is definitely thought provoking on the subject. Gray area is always fascinating to explore in this case. This one is pretty gritty and raw emotionally. No one would like to be in this situation for sure reading about it and facing the reality is a lot different.. A tricky subject since I think everyone has their own beliefs about ch
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
I love reading romantic stories in all its various degrees. Happy, sad, brutal, I have no subject I’m ‘scared’ off. However, there’s one topic I try to stay away from as much as possible; cheating. I just can’t read about it, it makes me sad for the person who’s cheated on and so angry at the cheater. M.E. Carter’s new book Goalie is about cheating and the effects on a couple’s marriage. In previous book from ‘the Texas Mutiny Series’ – Groupie – we’ve seen a bit about Santos and his wife Marian ...more
McKinnze
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, the-elite
I've really found myself being a tough critic on books lately. I've read some of my favorite authors, and even they haven't been able to get a five star rating out of me. I've read novels recommended by friends, novels that were highly rated, but still...I haven't been able to find something that I really loved.

Until I read Goalie by M.E Carter that is. And I have to say, that as soon as I started reading it, I finally understand what I needed from a novel in order to give it five stars. All of
Saunders
Santos DeLaGuajardo is one of the best goalies in the League. He is also a Father to three kids, married to Mariana for 10 years and one of the biggest cheating man whores I have ever read about in a book.

His excuse for cheating and his guilt "twinge” is that he finds it hard to come down from his adrenaline rush after a game and sex is the only way to re-balance himself. This has been his mantra for over 10 years, so instead of being with his wife he bangs anyone who is willing to open her legs
Sofia The Great
4 Platypires for Goalie by M.E. Carter

I immediately wanted to read Goalie after reading Juked and Groupie. Yet, I was hesitant after reading the synopsis. A love story after someone commits adultery. Woah, alrighty then. M.E. Carter knows to ruffle those feathers. I knew I was into some hard truths.
No doubt, this book is maybe the most honest story about infidelity that I have ever read in a book. It's also pretty obvious that M.E. Carter did her research and it was eye opening. I just didn'
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Whatever It Takes
  • Life Without You
  • Swimming Naked (A White Picket Fence, #2)
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • A Modern Love Story
  • The Woman He Married (A Magic City Duo, # 1)
  • Nothing in My Heart
  • Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)
  • A White Picket Fence (A White Picket Fence #1)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • Forget Me Not
  • Breaking Old Habits
  • The Ultimate Betrayal
  • Never Letting You Go
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1)

Texas Mutiny (5 books)
  • Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
  • Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)
  • Deflected (Texas Mutiny, #4)
  • Outswinger