Start by marking “Open Case (Open, #3)” as Want to Read:
Open Case (Open, #3)

Open Case

(Open #3)

Sequel to Open House

Seth Wilder and Bryce McFarland deal with the aftermath of Owen Lightfoot’s destructive rampage. Once again, the insurance company denies the life insurance benefit despite the compelling evidence regarding the underlying cause of Mark’s death. However, they acknowledge their former employee’s complicity in the multiple crimes that have blindsided Seth
Published February 3rd 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Open Case, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Case

Start your review of Open Case (Open, #3)
Karen
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 tarnished stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and this one really lost it's sparkle for me.

I think it's time to move on...

This one actually started out on a fairly good note for me. I was enjoying it. Some parts were a little bit blasé but I was finding more that I thought was cute and enjoyable. Plus bonus points for the restraint on the terms of endearment, either that or I'm becoming oblivious to them but let's go with a more moderate usage.

I didn't even mind,
Serena Yates
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2017
Although it almost doesn’t seem possible, the obstacles and adversity Seth and Bryce have to face in this series are getting worse in each installment. It all began on a cruise Seth and his partner, Mark, had booked before Mark suddenly died and Bryce went on the cruise with Seth. In book two they had to deal with coming home to “reality”, plus face not only the fact that Marks’ death was ruled a suicide, meaning no insurance money for Seth, but that the insurance investigator in charge of the ...more
Avid Reader
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Open Case (Open #3) by Mickie B. Ashling
M/M Romance
Triggers: Questioning sexuality, attempted murder, kidnapping
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Seth and Bryce are trying to recover from the storm who is Owen. While their relationship is stronger than ever, there are still questions about their future that need to be answered.

The insurance company is very interested in making this whole fiasco go away and in doing so, it enrages Owen, who has been on the run since the
Kristie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Molly Lolly
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
This was the best end to the series. I adored how everything is wrapped up and questions are answered and laid to rest. The suspense came to a fitting end and without any loose threads to pull later on. Plus Seth and Bryce are amazingly happy together and will be together as long as they both live. I couldn’t put the book down!

Seth comes full circle in this story. He’s so in love and can finally be happy with Bryce. But he’s also able to look
Natosha Wilson
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly just love this series.

Yes there are things about Owen and how unstable he is that is not so realistic but that does not stop me from loving this series and this book in particular.

I think that because of how crazy Owen is and all the crap that he puts Seth and Bryce through it only makes them stronger as a couple even though it could have very well torn them apart.

Owen is determined that he deserves a portion of the payout that Seth should be getting from the insurance company, but I
Lisa The Novel Approach
Open Case is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Ashling. Since it’s book three in a series, my first question while reading was whether it held up as a standalone, and it did, with plenty of references to previous experiences to let the reader know there’s history, but not so much that the previous book is a prerequisite to understanding this one.

The book follows the recipe for a good old fashion action adventure story, with two good guys who are trying to move forward with their lives, and one
Andrea Goodell
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Open case, book three must be read in order.

So here we are Bryce and Seth again. Nothing much has happened between the last book ending and this one starting. There is a time jump but you aren’t lost. The guys just have settled into the new lives. Well, as much as possible. With a killer, embezzler psycho stalker on the loose.

I’m having a hard time reviewing this book and series. I enjoyed the first book very much. But when it was done, so was I and I thought so were the boys, so to speak. So
Diverse
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Book two ended we were left with a million questions. I don't know about anyone else but I was on the edge of my seat waiting for this book to come out. Knowing it was a trilogy, I knew there everything would get answers and there would be closure.

Let's actually talk about the villain in this story first, Owen. Yes, I know he's not our fantastic MC's (Seth and Bryce) but he's instrumental in the story building and whole of the trilogy. He's a thorn in everyone's side that is causing so many
Mari  Cardenas
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Open Case is book 3 and the conclusion of the Open Trilogy series. Seth and Bryce are more in love than ever and dealing as best they can in the aftermath of Owen's attack. When they think they're finally catching a break, though, Owen's reappearance will send them in a turmoil which will test the strength of their relationship.

Seth and Bryce were as fantastic as ever and I loved seeing them so in love despite everything they'd gone through. Talk about a trial by fire with having to deal
Sharon Cox
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Please note that Mickie and I are friends and that I am one of her beta readers.
I love Mickie's writing and I really love her books. They are well plotted, well edited and and well written - three things that are extremely important to me.
Seth and Bryce are still dealing with the Insurance Company and with Owen. They finally settle with the Company but Owen is a different case. He wants what he feels is rightfully his and he's going to stop at nothing to get it.
Highly recommended.
ReeDee
Ayden
Dilton
Feb 03, 2017

• Taming the Beast (Tales from St. Giles #1)
  • All That Glitters
  • Home the Hard Way
  • Inspection
  • Holding Out for a Fairy Tale (Least Likely Partnership, #2)
  • Model Investigator (Haven Investigations, #3)
  • Model Bodyguard (Haven Investigations, #2)
  • Model Citizen (Haven Investigations, #1)
  • Model Exposure (Haven Investigations, #4)
  • My Kevin
  • Hot Mess
  • A Lesson in Truth
  • The Nothingness of Ben (The Austin Trilogy, #1)
  • The Return (The Austin Trilogy, #2)
  • Second-Story Man
  • Frat House Troopers (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #1)
  • Wrestling Demons (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #2)
  • A Wedding to Die For (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #3)
MICKIE B. ASHLING is the pseudonym of a multi-published author who resides in a suburb outside Chicago. She is a product of her upbringing in various cultures, having lived in Japan, the Philippines, Spain, and the Middle East. Fluent in three languages, she’s a citizen of the world and an interesting mixture of East and West.

Since 2009, Mickie has written several dozen novels in the LGBTQ+ genre

Open (3 books)
  • Open Seating (Open, #1)
  • Open House (Open, #2)