Jump to ratings and reviews

Wicked Ever After #1

Wicked Charming

He’s at the top of the world.
He’s rich, sought after, and in control.
And he’s bored.
A string of one-night stands have left Samul Charming increasingly dissatisfied. When his mother pushes him to settle down, his best friends come up with a brilliant plan:
Audition the submissives at The Kingdom.
The problem is, Charm knows who he wants: the only girl to challenge him, while submitting as naturally as breathing.
But he can’t have her.
With the entire club watching and his parents expecting him to settle down, Charm decides to settle.
But love in the Kingdom is never simple and it is never painless.
And Charm is about to be reminded of that.
~
It’s the dirtiest fairy tale of all….
Charm. Beast. Wolf.
Everyone in the Kingdom–an exclusive, decadent BDSM club–knows the three friends and business partners.
But no one has ever gotten close enough to touch them.
Sex is easy, even when it hurts. It’s all any of them wanted.
Love is off the table.
Love is the thing none of them ever saw coming.
In the Kingdom, control is everything. Who wields it and who surrenders.
But some things even they can’t control.
Welcome to the Kingdom, where every happily ever after hurts in the most wicked of ways.

156 pages, Kindle Edition

First published February 13, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nazarea Andrews

44 books423 followers
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
9 (8%)
1 star
3 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 60 reviews
Profile Image for Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic.
2,472 reviews1,204 followers
It's LIVE & on Blog Tour

I love fairytale retellings. So much. I don't search them out but when I come across one, it's almost impossible for me to pass it up. When I started this one, I have to say I expected something completely different from what I found. It contained a surprising turn of events. With the name "Charming" in the title, I thought it was based on Sleeping Beauty. WRONG! It's a twist on Cinderella. Also it's erotica. I think I missed that memo because the main character, Samul Charming, definitely has some kink.

So Sam wasn't really a prince but he was the heir to his father's pharmaceutical corporation worth billions. He and his friends were filthy rich, handsome, kinky, and they owned their own sex club. However, Sam's bored with the same ol' same ol' and realizes that what he really wants is a true partner. A sub that he can call his very own and who can also fit in with the sophisticated and elite crowd he has to surround himself with due to his station. Problem: he's completely enamored with Celeste, a lowly bartender at the club. To help him out, his friends host a "sub audition" to give him the chance to find what he's looking for. Will Charm follow the rules or follow his heart?

Told from Samul's perspective, we're given an insight into what makes him and his friends tick, setting up this series quite nicely. I particularly enjoyed his introspection and how serious and yet how lightly he took himself and life in general. I'm definitely interested in continuing this series and finding out what other unique ways this author will retell the classics.

Release Date: February 13, 2017
Genre: Erotica - Cinderella retelling
POV: Hero - 1st person
Steam: 3.5 out of 5
Book Type: Book One of the Wicked Ever After series
Profile Image for Sybil aka Lala.
478 reviews187 followers
February 17, 2017
What happens when Prince Charming loses the horse and takes up a whip instead?

You get a different kind of happy ending…

I love fairy tale retellings, and if you add in some kink, you are guaranteed that I would be all over it. A magical kingdom makes way for The Kingdom, a BDSM club ruled by the owner and his three ‘princes’. I was hooked from the mysterious opening lines with their dark-ish tinge that set the tone for the rest of the book. Each of the characters introduced in this novella was deeply intriguing and I enjoyed the creative twist on the old classic of Cinderella. The sexy times were steamy and the relationship between Charm and Celeste was on fire. It’s a good thing that all of the above elements were so strong because I felt at times that these things happened at the expense of others.

I had a hard time buying into the motives and reactions of these characters and I felt some essential details were left unaddressed. However, as I mentioned above, the other elements in this book was so strong that I found myself willing to forget all that and enjoy the book. Enough to make me want to dive into the other books in the series immediately. If you are looking for a fairy tale with an edge, a unique and creative story to enjoy for an hour or so, Wicked Charming is for you.

(ARC provided by author in exchange or an honest review)
Profile Image for Alexandra.
1,832 reviews10 followers
February 16, 2017
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

A new series by Nazarea Andrews! Though I am not a fun of the BDSM subgenre this book was better than I expected. You think this is a fairytale retteling but it's not that much. Part of the story is told into the club but the main characters also get to know each other outside of it. They fall in lust and then they fall in love.
We are also get to know the other two of Charm's friends and each one will have his tory to tell!
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,576 reviews1,225 followers
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 DIRTY PRINCE CHARMING CROWNS

I am not sure what I was expecting with a BDSM fairytale romance, but Nazarea Andrews far surpassed my expectations, which says a lot since BDSM is not my favorite romance genre. Even though it isn’t, I found myself loving these characters, the plot line, and her inclusion of fairy-tale details into her story in a unique and interesting way. I really just devoured this story.

Charming is a dom that has found a lack of interest in any of the submissives. He is bored with this aspect of his life, and desperately craves a permanent sub that he will want longer than one scene. He wants more than this, not just a submissive but someone as a permanent fixture in his life outside and inside of the club. Charming also has the pressures of his outside life with the running of his family’s pharmaceutical company and the strange yet supportive relationship of his “brothers,” who are all just as equally interesting as Charming. His attention of course is eventually drawn by a woman who works at the Kingdom, but there are several obstacles in their way. At the end of the novel, I was certainly charmed by this prince.

I generally don’t like BDSM heroines, simply because I don’t understand the submissive aspect of the relationship. I however, really like Celeste. She is completely submissive when they are in a scene, but she still has a spirit and fierceness, an independence that I love about her. Even when they are are playing in the dungeon, there are moments when her independence attempts to shine through. I really enjoy the balance that Nazarea Andrews gave her character.

I really adore this book. Ms. Andrews’s retelling of the Cinderella was spot on. It is done in an original way, yet there is enough of the tale and the characters to appreciate the connection to the fairy-tale. I absolutely love this aspect of the book. I also really enjoyed the story, not just for the romance, but for the friendship between the four main characters. The story intrigued me, captivated my attention from the opening pages, and I couldn’t get enough!

This series of novellas is a must read. It is sexy with a touch of danger, filled with flawed and interesting characters, and the story she tells is just as engaging. I know that I cannot wait to get Beast and Wolf’s story, and I am hoping we can get Mal’s story. Fingers crossed!
----------
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews and other book news, check out Musings of the Modern Belle at www.modernbellebooks.com.
Profile Image for Kahea.
2,001 reviews102 followers
February 8, 2017
***4 Stars***

Wicked Charming is a modern day re telling of the Cinderella fairy tale with a smexy BDSM twist to it. It was a fun, quick and smexy read filled with characters that you will want to, and need to, know more about with every turn of the page.

Charm has it all and yet the “all” has become boring until he finds the one woman to speak to both the man and the Dom in him, but soon his boring life becomes anything but and he finds himself backed into not one, but two, corners and the one woman he can’t forget slipping from his fingers. Charm is hard not to like, he is charming and damn sexy when the Dom is in full force, but his indecisiveness had me itching to shake some sense into him. His ‘Cinderella’ is equal parts strong and submissive and holds her own against Charm at every turn, giving as well as taking.

As this is an erotic novella, things progress quickly and though much of the bond between the two is sexual, there was just enough of them getting to know each other outside of the dungeon that it worked for me and I wanted to see what it would take to get Charm to collar the sub he wanted and I wasn’t disappointed in how everything played out in the end.

This is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Andrews and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hooked from the start and though it is a novella I thought she did a great job at world building and The BDSM & Dom/Sub aspect of the story was well done and didn’t get too extreme, at least for me. But as much as I enjoyed Charm’s story, I was quite fascinated with the dynamics between him and his best friends. Each of them: Mal, Wolf, Beast and Charm were very well written with very distinctive kinks and personalities that I think I enjoyed their interactions almost more than what was going on between the MC’s. Definitely not a bad thing since I now need to know more about these men, so bring on Wicked Beast!

~ Copy provided by InkSlinger PR ~
Profile Image for Paula  Phillips.
4,751 reviews284 followers
August 22, 2017
Forget everything that you know with Fairytales and often renditions as Wicked Charming will take you on a BDSM rollercoaster of a ride. Wicked Charming is a quick read as it is a Novella but will be jam-packed with sex scenes, BDSM and slight re-telling of tales that we all learned as a child. In Wicked Charming we meet rich boy Sam Charming, he is the heir to the company Charming Pharmaceuticals seeing as he is the only son. The thing is Sam doesn't want the company and is happy in the background letting his sisters run things and take charge of the ship while he works with his friends at their BDSM club. The thing is though that Sam's Dad wants to retire and now Sam must put on his big boy pants and take charge and to do so he needs a good woman by his side. The thing is that Sam is a Domme and needs a sub. Enter Celeste who has been working as a bartender at Sam's club, and she has captured his attention. Celeste's story is Cinderella, and in this world, Cinderella has a Sub personality, and instead of the evil stepmother, she has Cora - her evil Stepsister who will do anything to stand in Celeste's way of an HEA. Can Charming get his Cinderella in time for the company function? Find out in this wicked rendition of Cinderella with a twist - Wicked Charming by Nazarea Andrews.
Profile Image for Susan (susayq ~).
2,057 reviews120 followers
February 15, 2017
3.5-4 stars

I LOVE redone fairy tales. Especially when they are smoking hot like this one was :)

In this Cinderella story we have Samul Charming, heir to a pharmaceutical company and co-owner of Kingdom, a BDSM club who isn't happy with any of the subs he's been playing with. It's time for him to settle down and take over the family company so his best friends decide to have a sub audition ball for him to find the one. But what his friends don't know is that he already found the one. She's Celeste, a bartender at the club. Will he realize she's the one or will she loose him at midnight?

The chemistry between Charm and Celeste was off the charts! I loved that she got along with everyone she met, including Charm's family. I LOVED all the characters names! I liked Charm's friends, Beast, Wolf and Mal. However, I was a little confused on exactly how they were all related to each other...I think Mal and Wolf are related by blood, but Charm's family took Wolf in? And I'm not sure why Mal was so concerned with Charm's sex life.

This kind of reminded me of Once Upon a Time with a lot of kink thrown in LOL I can't wait to read Beast's book and see what he and Beauty have been getting up to. I also am looking forward to Wolf's book to see what happens with him, Scarlet and Hunter.

*thanks to InkSlinger PR for sharing a copy of this with me*
Profile Image for Shannon.
651 reviews7 followers
February 7, 2017
These are my Happily Ever After Novel Thoughts...

OMG!! This book has me craving an intimate touch! Things didn't get as strange or our of control as I thought they might.

This book brings you friendship, possible scandal, and unwanted expectations.

Just when you think things are as get as they get, they call apart only to be out back together a little differently and the picture is beautiful.

There is some BDSM but I didn't find it to be too outrageous. This is a nice, fast paced read that will get your blood flowing to the nether regions so be careful where you read it.

Dark fairytales are very different but don't let that stop you from giving this book a chance, you may just find a Happily Ever After.
Profile Image for Isha Coleman.
6,787 reviews130 followers
February 10, 2017
ARC Review: Wicked Charming (Wicked Ever After) by Nazarea Andrews

Wicked Charming dares to be bold. An edgy modern, sensual twist to a tale as old as time. Ms. Andrews adds her melodic voice to a story that lives in the heart of most every woman. Jazzing it up with a lot of spice but keeping the heart of the story. With Wicked Charming, she dared to be different and that is why the characters, delivery and writing stand out. Never have I heard a fairy tale told quite like this.
Profile Image for Aղցela W..
3,800 reviews250 followers
May 19, 2017
This was a pretty good twist on a fairy tales. Samul "Charm" Charming increasingly dissatisfied with his life he hooks up with a different sub at The Kingdom a club that he owns with his three friends Wolf, Mal and Beast. When his mother pressure him to settle down and run the family company his life is sent and a tale spin. Celeste Queen hasn't had a easy life she grew up in a wealthy family her mother died when she was young and her father remarried to a woman with two daughters and when he died they took everything. Celeste his a sub and a bartender at the club and Charm spends an evening with her he knows that she is the one the problem is he doesn't think she will fit in with the company broad. This was a short quick read that i liked. The sex scenes was hot and i wanted more. I liked both of the main character's and the secondary ones also. This was my first time reading this author. This book was well written with no errors in grammar or spelling. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Profile Image for Kathleen R..
1,389 reviews43 followers
Title: Wicked Charming
Author: Nazarea Andrews

4 unexpected stars

I'll be the first to admit that I still love Disney movies and most of their prince and princesses - their worlds always fascinating. So it's no wonder that when i found out that some of the most well known stories would be modernized and given a BDSM flair, I jumped full steam on it. The first in the series, Wicked Charming, tells the story of Cinderella from Samul Charming's perspective as he needs to fill in the hole in his life with a sub that will cater to his darkest desires while trying to please his parents by being the president of the company he has no interest in taking over. His interest is taken by Celeste, the perfect submissive for him who has so many problems, namely her stepsisters who aren't ready to let her go just yet.

4.5 sexy dreams

Out of all the women at his disposal, I loved the fact that Charming was attracted and eventually inexplicably pulled towards Celeste - she's not perfect, but she was perfect for him. Nazarea Andrews has a great gift in putting pen to paper and vividly describing how insecurities and fear can wreak havoc on an individual and just how they might react to it. Being the first in the series, I see so much potential as Wicked Charming was intriguing, beautiful, wicked and if nothing else, hopeful that no matter what your scars, there will always be someone to smooth them away and see what lies underneath.

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Kathleen, The Small Girl from A small girl, her man and her books

50 Book Reviews
 Professional Reader
Profile Image for Roxanne Kade.
Author 2 books69 followers
February 16, 2017

This was an exciting start to this new series from Andrews.

The Kingdom is a hedonistic escape filled with sexy sensuality that is sure to seduce every reader that picks up this book. But this read isn’t all steamy BDSM and sex. It’s a love story; a romance that will capture your heart just as much as it will set you on fire.

Charm and Celeste were meant for each other, that was obvious from the get-go, but power and status seemed to be two major players that would keep them apart. I knew that there was more to the mystery Cinderella who swept him off his feet on the final night of his “audition” and I was intrigued to see how things would play out. Would he find the beauty he longed for, or was he destined to a life of solitude?

Andrews really did a fantastic job of incorporating all the elements of the classic fairytale into this modern and steamy take, giving it a few twists that will enthrall you. It was a great read.

Profile Image for Nicole.
1,605 reviews32 followers
February 15, 2017
I absolutely loved this grown-up, sexy version of Cinderella, told entirely from the male POV. We get to meet Charm and his 3 closest friends: Beast, Wolf and Mal, all co-owners of The Kingdom, a premier sex club. Unfortunately for Charm, the real world is knocking and somewhat demanding that he take his rightful place as the CEO of the family corporation, although he wants nothing to do with the business. Hence the reason for the auditions. Problem is that Charm knows who he wants, but he hasn't learned that while Mal's opinion might hold weight, Mal isn't the person who should make the final decision about who or what will make and keep Charm happy.

I like the dynamics between the 4; although Mal is the one we don't get to know much about. And I love the spin on Beast's character and role at The Kingdom, that's something I wasn't expecting at all, but somehow worked for the story. As well as the spin on his love interest, her family dynamics and what she's endured over the years. This definitely isn't the story we grew up with, but the way it's written, you almost forget that this is based on a popular fairy tale. I'm already looking forward to the next two books in the series, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mal might get his story at some point.
Profile Image for KindleCousins .
615 reviews37 followers
February 17, 2017
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.*

This was a cute short read. I liked the heroine, she was feisty and brave. The hero was kind of confusing and immature. I found myself wondering how old he was. I just wanted him to stand up for what he wanted. I’m used to Doms dominating in all aspects of their lives. He was kind of indecisive. I liked the power play between the MCs. I loved experiencing the club through their eyes. So exciting. The supporting characters left me wondering. I can’t wait to see where their stories are going and how they are all connected. I liked this novella and will def be continuing with this series.

Natasha
Profile Image for Novel Grounds.
1,518 reviews71 followers
March 23, 2017

/></p><br /><p style=Amazon|Goodreads

Can we talk about a STEAMY read for Valentine's Day? Okay, let's do it.

This novella was HOT. Like, Yes. I Love a good Erotic novel and throw in the D/S fun with this one and I was fanning myself.

This is my first time reading a novel from Nazarea and I am a fan for the future!

From the very start I loved these characters, they were not only totally hot, but they were very multi dimensional. I LOVED Charm. Mmmm. He was a man that knew what he wanted, even if it wasn't what he was able to have. A man who would do what he could to twists things to his advantage.

Sex, Clubs, Royalty, and scenes that leave you panting. This book has pure lust dripping from its pages.

Don't miss this hot new romance.

Synopsis:
He’s at the top of the world.
He’s rich, sought after, and in control.
And he’s bored.
Audition the submissive at The Kingdom.
But he can’t have her.
But love in the Kingdom is never simple and it is never painless.
And Charm is about to be reminded of that.

Profile Image for Dakota.
648 reviews
January 5, 2018
Good book, interesting take on a firy tale. for a book about a sex club, there wasnt much sex in it, no was it that desriptive. 2/5. But it was a bit violent at times, granted i dont know much about bdsm so what do i know. but in this world, being a "mean" dom , like damn, that guy is vishish is something to be looked in aw of. The only part i didnt really care fir aside from the whipping would be at the very end when he cut his initials into her hip with a razor.... uhhhh yea.. no. just pay to ger a tattoo because that was just gross. overall it was an fine book, in first-person, from the H perspective. Also, i didnt care that they made the h so destructive, like she has downward spirals ans uses drugs.. they just mentioned it, it wasnt actually a big part of the book. interested enough to read the next one if it is a short book.
Profile Image for JoDeen .
558 reviews48 followers
February 14, 2017
The minute I saw the cover and blurb of this book I just knew I had to get my hands on this it as soon as possible. So when I was able to read this book I was thrilled and I dived into this story as soon as I could and I absolutely loved it . Charm and Celeste story was hot , sexy and emotional and I loved that Nazarea Andrews able to fit this all of this in one very short story .I love her twist on the fairy tales and I am so eager to see what she will do with the next book in this series . I loved the romance , the feeling of brotherhood between Charm and his friends and of course The Kingdom. If your looking for a sexy , quick story with a wicked twist ( see what I did there ! lol ) then your should definitely pick up Wicked Charming ! It was so so good!!!
Profile Image for Melissa Parnell.
2,672 reviews11 followers
February 14, 2017
I loved this! A modern day sexy twist to Cinderella! Fairy tales have always been something that I have enjoyed since I was a little girl. To this day, I still swoon when reading or watching them on the big screen as most are being done today. So to take those memories and feelings and add that sexy twist, was absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed everything about this story. I wish it was turned into a full length story, because I would definitely read more. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
Profile Image for Stefanie.
576 reviews2 followers
February 14, 2017
The modern day Cinderella story with a BDSM twist! I loved it!! I read it cover to cover in one setting and I can't wait to get the stories of the other guys in this story! Charm is looking for a change of pace in his normally activities and book does he ever find it without really looking for it. But what happens when what he wants simply disappears? Just like Cinderella!! This was a very well, tastefully written story!! Please hurry with the next installment in this novella series!
Profile Image for Kit.
62 reviews
February 27, 2017
This book introduced a very new and interesting world. I love how Nazarea blended fairytales with BDSM in a way that was seemless. The characters were a fresh take on ones we already know and love, but I have to admit--I might just like the Wicked Ever After versions better.

Wicked Charming was a quick, delightfully dirty read. Take an hour or two to kick back and read this fairytale in a way you've never imagined it before. You won't regret it.
Profile Image for Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog.
525 reviews28 followers
February 18, 2017
Totally brilliant! I loved this book, its short and sweet and an amazing tale of Prince Charming and Cinderella!

I can't wait to start the next book and you should check out this series.
Profile Image for Kim Richards.
1,340 reviews7 followers
October 26, 2017
Different

I like my fairy tales, but this was a little to different for my liking. Although it is a good story and well written, it was just not my cup of tea.
Profile Image for Laura Danielle.
395 reviews4 followers
December 30, 2017
Couldn't put down

I could not put this book down. I love how it's a retelling of Cinderella but also a mixture of 50 shades of grey. Its my kind of book to read.
Profile Image for Stacy Garcia.
289 reviews11 followers
March 25, 2017
Cute and dirty!

Charming is definitely a Prince after my own heart. He's passionate, and wants what everyone wants. A true love.
This is the first book in the Wicked Ever After series and I can't wait to dig into book 2!
Profile Image for Penny.
603 reviews13 followers
March 1, 2017
2 “OMG, gag him so he stops whining” Stars

I really loved the premise of Wicked Charming. I mean, a take on Cinderella but in a BDSM club? I thought it was brilliant. Unfortunately, the execution just didn’t work for me.

For starters, my first impression of Charming, our hero, was that he was a whiny excuse of a Dom. He whined like a stubborn three-year-old about everything. Everything. The only thing missing was the foot stomping.

The introduction to the story felt incomplete, the author starts dropping names and talking about the connection between characters in a way that I just couldn’t seem to catch up. So this might be a “me” problem, though I don’t usually have this kind of issues in a first of a series, but truth be told it didn’t help the story in my eyes.

While I theoretically loved that this was going to be a series on fairy tales adaptations, the execution of the project felt forced. There was the idea of The Kingdom being a club where Beauty, Beast, Wolf, Charming, Cinderella, and the gang went to get their rocks off… and then it was the reality of it where nothing made a lick of sense to me. From the “sub audition” to the whole “our place in the Kingdom” issue, all the characters interactions to Charming and Celeste’s “relationship” everything was… (picture the gif of the little blond girl in pigtails saying “what the fuck is this?!” right here).

I really wanted to like this book, and I even made it to the end in the hope that something would eventually make sense. Clarity was not to be found, though. What’s worse? There isn’t even that much sex in the story. There’s one scene between Charming “the lame Dom” and Celeste “the sassy sub bartender”. There’s another scene between Charming “the lamer Dom” and Cinderella “the mysterious sub” and then Charming and Celeste finally have sex at the end of the book. For all the talk about depravity, orgies and wild wicked sex going on… there was very little actual sex taking place.

As I hated Charming’s guts and believe he needed to hand back his Dom Card along with his Man Card, the story didn’t make sense to me, and I didn’t care much for Celeste, I can’t say I enjoyed Wicked Charming. This doesn’t mean other people won’t enjoy or even love this story but it most decidedly was not the right story for me.

*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book*
338 reviews6 followers
March 2, 2017
I haven't read anything by Nazarea before so was looking forward to a few snippet sized books I could plough through.
This is a novella so a great starting point. It felt a little like this was a spin off or part of a bigger series? Like I should already know the characters. There was no introduction to who they are, how they look etc more like a revision of previous info, which would make sense if it's part of a bigger collection of work.
The story is good, once you figure out who everyone is, fast paced and keeps you guessing. There was great chemistry between the characters and a fab alternative cinderella type story.
I felt like there should have been more explanation as we went through and there were a few unfinished parts that will hopefully be cleared up in the next book.
I like the idea of ruling in their sex dungeon and that not all the men are dominant. There was a good mix of primary and secondary characters and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop over the mini series.
There are some super hot sex scenes, as to be expected, and plenty of things to keep you guessing. This could have easily have been made in to a full length book but I like the quick style nature of this story, looking forward to the next installment.
Profile Image for Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog.
2,285 reviews115 followers
February 21, 2017
2 stars. This book didn't really work for me. I really was intrigued by the idea of a fairytale retold in a BDSM club setting. But the book didn't fulfill my expectations. This book is a retelling of Cinderella. Samuel Charming, or Charm as he's called, co-owns The Kingdom BDSM club with his friends, Wolf, Beast and Mal. Charm decides that he wants a permanent relationship and to collar a submissive. So he, with his friends' help, auditions subs at the club. He finds himself connecting with Celeste, a bartender at the club. But Charm is also dealing with his family's expectations that he settles down and takes over the family company when his father retires. He struggles with possibly giving up the club and not knowing if he can bring a submissive as a partner home to his parents. But he eventually figures it out and makes a go of a relationship with Celeste.

I liked Celeste, but I didn't really like Charm. I felt kind of bad for her that she had to deal with him. Charm is a spoiled, petulant child. He is not dom-like at all to me. He is a grown man that was afraid to not do what his parents wanted him to do. He was also very worried about what his 3 best friends thought. He wanted to impress Mal, the ringleader, and didn't think Mal would approve of Celeste, because she was a mere bartender. He lets everyone push him around. He also does some questionable things that I couldn't get on board with. Also, Charm and his 3 partners seem like they are all bi and play/sleep with each other, this is alluded to right into the epilogue. So I couldn't tell if Charm was going to be monogamous with Celeste or not. I just didn't like his character very much.

The book is told from Charm's POV. I definitely think it would have benefit from having Celeste's POV too. The transitions from scenes are not marked and that was confusing. Also for a BDSM book, there was very little sexy times and way too much unnecessary drama for my taste. There were also a lot of plot holes, which was surprising since the book is so short.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this book, unfortunately. I will not be continuing this series.

*arc provided in exchange for an honest review*

Profile Image for Kate Anders.
Author 2 books24 followers
February 13, 2017
 photo synopsisgraphic.png

I love books that kind of retell fairytales, I kind of adore fairytales, so modern interpretations of them make me super happy. When I read the blurb about this one, and how all the male fairytale characters seem to have opened up a BDSM club together, well to say my interest was peeked would be an understatement.

So the first book in this series focusing on the Prince Charming character. He's heir to a huge pharmaceutical empire, but he is totally not down with that becoming his life. He loves being part owner of the Kingdom, although he has been feeling a tad bit restless, but being a corporate guy, so not his thing. Charming is kind of looking to maybe settle down, or rather find himself a submissive who doesn't bore him before the scene is even over, so when he takes a liking to one of the bartenders at the club, things really start to shift for him.

I hate to admit it, but I had a hard time getting into this book, it wasn't so much the story or the subject matter, but the nicknames. Each guy has a nickname, Charming, Wolf, Beast, etc, and they also have real names too, like Charming is Samul Charming, which wasn't too hard to catch on to, but some of the others were. And the name are used to often and interchangeable in the beginning that it was a bit much for me. Maybe I'm just terrible at names.

Now that being said, I did get more into the book as it went on, especially as it started to focus mostly on Charming and Celeste (our lovely bartender). The book was a little short for me, I love super long books, and I wish things could have been drawn out a little bit more, especially with Celeste. The book all Charming, so while I did feel like I got to know him pretty well, and figured out why he was the was he was, so much of Celeste is such a mystery. Sure we get a look at her family, and Charming does end up getting some background/biographical information, but I still didn't feel like got to know her that well.

The guys that Charming surrounds himself with are interesting, and I have to admit more than one of them intrigue me, but sometimes their dynamic was sometimes off putting. I didn't like how one of them seemed to rule the rest of them with an iron fist and the others just went along with it. Didn't really like bossy pants all that much, but I have a feeling he is going to be explained in another book, so maybe I will come around and like him later. I did like Charming, and I was glad at the end of the story how things all worked out, plus the writing was pretty good, so easily this was a good book for me.

photo synopsisgraphic.png
Displaying 1 - 30 of 60 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.