Start by marking “Archie, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Archie, Vol. 4

Archie, Vol. 4

(Archie (2015) #4)

The fourth volume of the Archie series features the headline-making comic event 'Over The Edge,' where the lives of Archie and his friends are forever changed. Collects Archie #18-22.
Published September 19th 2017 by Archie Comic Publications

To ask other readers questions about Archie, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archie, Vol. 4

Anne
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm going to admit that I this volume felt a teensy bit average to me.
At first.
description

There's the usual push-pull feelings between Betty & Archie, the social class wedge that's always between Archie and Veronica, and a few random plotlines (the Blossoms vs. Jughead's wit, Dilton's crush on Betty, Reggie's ego vs Archie, etc.) that were interesting but ultimately forgettable.

But that ending!
The hell are you trying to do to me, Waid?!

description

The cliffhanger definitely pushed this volume up from a likable bu
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-n-stuff
I forgot to rate this last week when I finished it. Another fun volume!
Michael Finocchiaro
Mark Waid’s run with Archie and the gang in Riverdale gets better and better. In Vol 4, Archie and Ronnie are trying to get back in the swing of things after her boarding school debacle, Jug actually forms a surprising alliance with Ronnie, Betty hangs out with Dilton...All these stories are out into perspective with in the aftermath of the fateful drag race between Reggie and Archie. The artwork is really good, these time-worn but nonetheless attaching characters are still entertaining, and my ...more
Chad
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Damn you, Mark Waid for making me care about Archie! I always hated this comic growing up. The status quo was always forgotten by the time the next issue rolled around and the art was terrible. Now, we've got a competently written teen drama with plenty of humor. The first 2 issues were stand alone issues and they had their moments, but it was Over the Edge that killed me. Archie and Reggie drag race and there are long term implications. It's so well done collected but I'm sure it was super-frus ...more
Chloe
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
I didn't like this one as much as the others. The story wasn't really coherent.
Emily
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
In the last volume, Archie and Veronica are separated by her stint at Swiss boarding school. At the start of this one, they're reunited, and it plays out exactly how you would expect - why was Veronica so desperate to get back to Riverdale, anyway? They go on a disastrous date where they bore each other, which segues into a contest put on by Veronica's father to find her a new boyfriend. They seem really ill suited, but the stories are amusing and I suppose that's all that matters. AND I am supe ...more
Fables&Wren
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
WrensReads Review:

Feminism...

Trouble in paradise...

Drag race...

Someone’s life on the line...

I’m fine, I promise... *heart attack*

WrensReads | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
I am really enjoying getting back into reading comic books and have been enjoying this new reboot of the classic Archie series. Each volume has been quick, fun, and entertaining while staying true to the essence of the original comics.

In this volume, I do have to say that I felt that I didn’t like the illustrations as much as previous volumes. With that being said though, I do like how it now continues to maintain the same illustrator throughout the volume. This illustrator was just not my favou
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Well, I certainly was not expecting this series to take such a dark turn...

This volume was definitely ten times better than volume three and the whole petty bickering between Veronica and Cheryl scenario. This felt like it went back to the classic Archie storylines. However, it definitely became quite sad towards the end. I'm actually still quite shocked that it did that...
♛ Garima ♛
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, teen
I choked few times with emotions reading this..was not expecting it.
kim hannah
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ┊ 5 stars

This is best Archie in the new volumes so far. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. But I see they've changed the artist.
────────────────────────────────────────
1. Archie, Vol. 1 ⭐⭐
2. Archie, Vol. 2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
3. Archie, Vol. 3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4. Archie, Vol. 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5. Archie, Vol. 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jesse A
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book itself was a little disjointed but the story was good and didn't hold back.
Bookishrealm
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ahhh this is so crazy ! I can't believe what happened at the end. I need the next volume like now! This comic has definitely gotten better with each issue and volume! I don't know why Archie thought what he did was even close to being okay. It was reckless and stupid. Now I'm interested in seeing how everyone will handle the consequences.
Jenny
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is the first of the four Archie volumes that tells a continuous story. The other three volumes have continuity, but they also start and end various plot lines. In Over the Edge, fittingly the first volume to have a separate subtitle, the story is focused on one main event: the showdown between Archie and Reggie and its implications.
I enjoyed reading this culmination of various subplots from the first three volumes. It's not my favorite of the four (I think Volume One is), but it's definite
Kristen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
AGH! YOU"RE EVIL! WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE ME ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THAT?!? AGHIEANKJFINEAKSNIMKDFMKEAN K !!!

BETTY!!!

Christy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a gut wrenching arc. The last issue requires tissues!
Jesse Nicholas
Probably one of the sadist volumes of Archie I have ever read. The end of this volume is life changing for one of the characters! I had no idea they would go that far.

BRAVO writers!
Natalie Patalie
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I really like this series, but tired of Betty always getting the shit end of the stick because of Archie :(
Clarissa
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
First of all, we don't get a ton of Betty, and then you pull this, Waid. Not okay.
Diz
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I think I might be done with the Archie reboot series for two reasons. First, the story isn't following through with its set-ups. In volume 3, Archie and Veronica were separated from each other for quite a long time. During that time they were pining for each other, and it appeared that their connection was deep. However, in this volume Veronica is back in town and they don't really have anything to say to each other about it other than to say, "Let's not let that happen again." Immediately aft ...more
Jeannette
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caroline
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this ends on a devastating cliffhanger. I must get the next one asap!!
Chris Lemmerman
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
[read as single issues]
Hot damn Mark Waid. Just when you think you know where the Archie comics are sitting in terms of drama and suspense, this story comes along and shakes everything up. When a drag race (not the RuPaul kind) goes terribly wrong, one member of Riverdale is irrevocably changed, and the effects reverberate around the town as one of their own falls.

Knowing that something bad is going to happen actually really heightens the tension in these issues - you know it's coming, but not t
Bryen
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I am absolutely loving the writing in this new Archie relaunch series and this has been the best volume yet! Without revealing any spoilers, this has one of the most heart wrenching storylines that I've ever seen in an Archie comic. The writers did such a wonderfully fantastic job of building the suspense for "Over the Edge" which will undoubtedly continue to play out for many future issues. I literally could not stop reading page after page to find out what happened next. Then of course th ...more
Thomas
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, comic, graphic-novel
misskaelyn14
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/ 5 stars.
I’m just not a fan of this artist’s style of art in this volume. I wish they would keep one illustrator throughout this series and I think that would make me enjoy it much more. Also, the ending of this volume was really sad and I need to pick up the next volume as soon as possible to find out what happens next.
andrew y
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
uhhh

mark waid said I'd be crying after the end of this volume but he conveniently forgot that he pulled the ultimate bait-and-switch in literally the penultimate chapter. so. I think maybe tropes 101 was skipped.
Caytie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
BETTY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I NEED the next issue
Kelly K
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's gonna end like that though?? GAHH.
Jasmine
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The drama! I loved so much of this. However on the introduction page there was too much foreshadowing. So if you don't like spoilers I'd skip it.
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

Archie (2015) (6 books)