Start by marking “The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook: Skills for Navigating Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression” as Want to Read:

How can you build unshakable confidence and resilience in a world still filled with ignorance, inequality, and discrimination? The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook will teach you how to challenge internalized negative messages, handle stress, build a community of support, and embrace your true self.

Resilience is a key ingredient for psychological health and wellne
Published February 2nd 2018 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook

Start your review of The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook: Skills for Navigating Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression
Andrea
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anglés, queer
This is one of those books that are definitely needed in the queer community. This book deals with self-respect and how you can get motivation to keep going. I have to say that this would be perfect for people who have just come out or are thinking of coming out because it deals with many things that could be beneficial for those people to know.

There were a few things that surprised me. The first one is that is written by a nonbinary person, which is honestly great because it's hard to find book
Ben Ace
NOTE: I received an advance reader copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinions or the way I talk about the book.

I really love the idea of this book! The workbook has tons of activities and worksheets that make it easy to categorize who you feel you are, and seeing these labels and descriptions in front of you can truly help those who are struggling to define themselves. Personally, this is a workbook that would have helped me a lot
Tristan
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm always happy to read an #OwnVoices book, and this was no exception. Disclaimer: I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are quite a lot of things to mention about this book, yet at the same time, I'm not quite sure how to word them all. As an educative work on queer identities, it does an exellent job, not only in what it teaches, but also in whom it includes. The book exells in it's intersectionality, and with an identity inclusion only topped by Ash Harde
Davy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a copy of this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall I liked this workbook. It's original and useful. I think it is worth investing in.

PROS: This workbook is:
a) thorough
b) uses easily understandable, accessible language
c) intersectional
The last point is my favorite and the reason this book got such a good rating. It addresses how your LGBTQ identity is a part of your larger sense of self and mixes and mingles with all your other identities which also must be built up and
Monika
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This #ownvoices LGBTQ-focused self-help workbook is encouraging and hopeful, while still helping people work through LGBTQ-related stressors. It's also intersectional, although a bit of ableist language does sneak in. The case studies were especially helpful, and I would have liked to read more of those in the latter chapters of the book. Singh's book would be a great resource for leaders of LGBTQ support groups for teens and adults alike.
Ajae Corbett
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, lgbtq
A fantastic workbook full of relevant information and useful written practices. You will want to have your marking pen in hand to highlight parts that really speak to you.
This workbook is written with clarity and fluidity. Each chapter moves easily from one concept to another in an easy to understand format.
You can easily work through this on your own and/or use it as a tool to begin some important conversations.
The author shares personal experiences which help solidify many of the topics as wel
TK
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Doing reading for pulling together a list for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of understanding for trans and non-binary intersectional support.

This is a great beginner book for LBGTQ+ people to work through and some useful worksheets that I pulled. If someone has not had a lot of introduction to marginalized identities, power, oppression, microaggressions (in a formal academic context) then this book breaks it down for them.

For what it presents if you're looking for support at a ver
Mark Syron
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt-nonfiction
I don't have much to say about this book. It was interesting and I learned aa lt about myself in manly I do not have great social support of other people who are trans.

There are ten aspects of this book for one to complete to get a full look at your overall identity that includes more than just your LGBT status. This includes things like age and what inspires you. Overall it got me thinking and I just gotta think if I am going to keep or sell this book.
Masen
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love it, so far. I wish more resources like this existed, for those of us who are trans and queer! I happen to be both, as well as chronically ill, and I love that the workbook discusses different facets of our identities that may lead to more or less oppression/marginalization. I’ve recommended this to nearly every other queer & trans person that I know :) ...more
Amanda
Aug 09, 2019 added it
Shelves: sje-library
note: added after assignment submission!
Ezra
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting but still a good resource and still very helpful.
Mariposa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. Can't recommend it enough.
emmy
Jun 18, 2019 marked it as blog-recs  ·  review of another edition
Included in a blog post and resource list at https://booksbeyondbinaries.blog/2019... ...more
Paz
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book for young queers, although it is centered on the American queer experience. As a non-American reader, it feels a little difficult for me to relate on some parts of the book as my experience and the power relations behind some of these labels are just different from the ones being told in the book. But in overall, it's a very empowering book and I'm glad I've got my hands on it!
Emma
Jun 17, 2020
D
Apr 14, 2018
Chalice Mathioudakis
Oct 06, 2019
Krystal
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This insightful #OwnVoices nonfiction resource would enhance any collection of therapeutic tools, as Dr. Anneliese Singh brings both personal and professional understandings to this book as a multiracial South Asian Sikh non-binary femme psychologist!
Julian
Nine
Jul 02, 2020
Meg Evans
Sep 08, 2019

• The Gender Quest Workbook: A Guide for Teens and Young Adults Exploring Gender Identity
  • When Sadness Is at Your Door
  • The Gender Identity Workbook for Kids: A Guide to Exploring Who You Are (An Instant Help Book for Parents & Kids)
  • Marcy's Having All the Feels
  • What Does It Mean To Be Present?
  • Kindergators: Hands Off, Harry!
  • The Color Monster
  • Breathe Like a Bear: 30 Mindful Moments for Kids to Feel Calm and Focused Anytime, Anywhere
  • Embrace Your Body
  • Say Something
  • Kindergators: Miracle Melts Down
  • Breathing Makes It Better: A Book for Sad Days, Mad Days, Glad Days, and All the Feelings In-Between
  • The Transgender Teen
  • You Get What You Get (Little Boost)
  • A Springtime To Remember
  • The Scent of Rome
  • Villa of Sun and Secrets: A warm escapist read that will keep you guessing
  • Harrison P. Spader, Personal Space Invader
Anneliese A. Singh is a nationally recognized expert on transgender resilience. Her research and advocacy centers on the resilience of transgender people of all ages, transgender people of color, survivors of trauma, immigrants, and South Asian survivors of child sexual abuse.

Dr. Singh is the Program Coordinator for the Counseling and Student Personnel Services, Ph.D. Program (Gwinnett), and she