Start by marking “The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook: Skills for Navigating Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression” as Want to Read:

How can you build unshakable confidence and resilience in a world still filled with ignorance, inequality, and discrimination? The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook will teach you how to challenge internalized negative messages, handle stress, build a community of support, and embrace your true self.

Resilience is a key ingredient for psychological health and wellne
Published February 2nd 2018 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook

Andrew
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was actually quite a thorough, interesting read. It gave me a lot to think about and a lot of help therapeutically. I think people should definitely give this a look when it comes out in February.
Andrea
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anglés, godi-gsrdi
This is one of those books that are definitely needed in the queer community. This book deals with self-respect and how you can get motivation to keep going. I have to say that this would be perfect for people who have just come out or are thinking of coming out because it deals with many things that could be beneficial for those people to know.

There were a few things that surprised me. The first one is that is written by a nonbinary person, which is honestly great because it's hard to find book
Ben Ace
I really love the idea of this book! The workbook has tons of activities and worksheets that make it easy to categorize who you feel you are, and seeing these labels and descriptions in front of you can truly help those who are struggling to define themselves. Personally, this is a workbook that would have helped me a lot in high school, but now I'm more secure in my identity and these worksheets were more reinforcement than help. I also like that there were sections about more than just queer i ...more
Tristan Andromeda
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm always happy to read an #OwnVoices book, and this was no exception. Disclaimer: I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are quite a lot of things to mention about this book, yet at the same time, I'm not quite sure how to word them all. As an educative work on queer identities, it does an exellent job, not only in what it teaches, but also in whom it includes. The book exells in it's intersectionality, and with an identity inclusion only topped by Ash Harde
Monika
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This #ownvoices LGBTQ-focused self-help workbook is encouraging and hopeful, while still helping people work through LGBTQ-related stressors. It's also intersectional, although a bit of ableist language does sneak in. The case studies were especially helpful, and I would have liked to read more of those in the latter chapters of the book. Singh's book would be a great resource for leaders of LGBTQ support groups for teens and adults alike.
Davy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a copy of this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall I liked this workbook. It's original and useful. I think it is worth investing in.

PROS: This workbook is:
a) thorough
b) uses easily understandable, accessible language
c) intersectional
The last point is my favorite and the reason this book got such a good rating. It addresses how your LGBTQ identity is a part of your larger sense of self and mixes and mingles with all your other identities which also must be built up and
Julie Corbett
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, lgbtq
A fantastic workbook full of relevant information and useful written practices. You will want to have your marking pen in hand to highlight parts that really speak to you.
This workbook is written with clarity and fluidity. Each chapter moves easily from one concept to another in an easy to understand format.
You can easily work through this on your own and/or use it as a tool to begin some important conversations.
The author shares personal experiences which help solidify many of the topics as wel
Mark Syron
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt-nonfiction
I don't have much to say about this book. It was interesting and I learned aa lt about myself in manly I do not have great social support of other people who are trans.

There are ten aspects of this book for one to complete to get a full look at your overall identity that includes more than just your LGBT status. This includes things like age and what inspires you. Overall it got me thinking and I just gotta think if I am going to keep or sell this book.
Paz Darmawan
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book for young queers, although it is centered on the American queer experience. As a non-American reader, it feels a little difficult for me to relate on some parts of the book as my experience and the power relations behind some of these labels are just different from the ones being told in the book. But in overall, it's a very empowering book and I'm glad I've got my hands on it!
Ezra
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting but still a good resource and still very helpful.
D
Apr 14, 2018
Krystal
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This insightful #OwnVoices nonfiction resource would enhance any collection of therapeutic tools, as Dr. Anneliese Singh brings both personal and professional understandings to this book as a multiracial South Asian Sikh non-binary femme psychologist!
Kaylie