Start by marking “Live Right 4 Your Type” as Want to Read:
Live Right 4 Your Type

Live Right 4 Your Type

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  335 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
From the doctor who brought us the blood-type health craze that has swept the nation, here is new research that shows you how to live according to your blood type so that you can achieve total physical and emotional well-being.

Over a million readers have used the individualized blood-type diet solution developed by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo to achieve their ideal weight. In the
Published December 28th 2000 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Live Right 4 Your Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Right 4 Your Type

Wendy
Mar 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this book has a lot of scientific words, and is not very easy to understand, I found it very interesting and helpful. I do believe Dr. D'Adamo is onto something. The best parts are the testimonials that are sprinkled throughout the book from people who were really experiencing some painful and sometimes life-threatening symptoms, and then had a very quick turn-around in their overall health after eating the right foods for their blood type. Even if you just skim through this to get the ...more
Tracey
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, I found this book was great for me. Many do not believe foods, meds, etc, based on blood type can help/hurt your body. But, it does apply to me!
Kenneth
I'm not sure if the science is correct, but I've been mixing the recipes with the South Beach Diet recipes and do feel better. I do believe the idea our blood type has something to do with our diet has some validity.
Berlyn
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-again
excellent! now to just find out what blood type i actually am.... so i can apply this info... XD but i do believe it holds a lot of merit
Laurie
As others have said, unless you are well versed in the subjects of chemistry, food, and bodily functions, much of this book may go over your head. However, there is enough understandable information for those of us who require simpler descriptions to help us comprehend the importance of eating for our blood-type.

For the first time ever I now understand why I balk so much at the idea of not eating meat, and increasing in other foods my body reacts so badly to, whereas my husband can eat things I
Elijah Christopher
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Though I've been trying to limit the amount of books I give a five to, I could give no less to "Live Right 4 Your Type." This book was my first exposure to Dr.D'Adamo's work. I had not previously heard of him, and I'm not nearly far enough along in education to be considered a pre-med student, none the less, I found the book quite resourceful and full of valuable, organized information that can be essential to learning to optimize our health. Times are always changing of course, as well as healt ...more
Angela
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Though we are just beginning the avoidance of foods that are not good for our blood type, I am already feeling a difference. I have no health issues other than a bit tired in the afternoon. My daughter on the other hand has joint pain, gut issues, mood swings, a hard time focusing. We are excited to see how she does. I would encourage everyone to read this and give it a try if not for just a week.
Here are some examples for what it suggests...type a should avoid food like potatoes, bananas, toma
Heidi
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really like the concept, and I like the book of food lists. But the more I read by this guy, the more confused I get. In one place it says I'm supposed to have 2-3 servings of juice a day, and in another it says I really shouldn't have any juice other than lemon water in the morning. Same with red meat: in one book he says it's best avoided but is ok once a week or so, and in another it's absolute poison. Like I said in another review, this diet is best taken as loose guidelines rather than a ...more
Dawn
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about this. The concept of eating/avoiding certain foods b/c of your blood type is interesting, but I'm not sure about the science. In my personal, very non-scientific experience, I've found some of this advice to apply (I should avoid dairy) and some not so much (I should also avoid wheat). I had a very expensive acupuncturist base her diagnosis and advice on this book, which I kind of consider cheating. The book struck me as horoscope-ish in that you could say "oh yeah that's me" ...more
Janice
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the author of "Eat right for your type" this is a more in depth look at the health benefits for eating right for your type. There are testimonals from people who have experienced various health issues and testify that by simply changing their diet how they were able to rectify or lessen the effects of their health issues. Being 25 years old atm it really made me think that there is a better way to look after myself and to have a better quality of life in the long run.
Ploetzly
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ploetzly by: my acupuncturist a long time ago
Shelves: have-read
because of my wheat allergy, i started researching about the effects of different plants on different organs and found out about lectins, and this book goes more in depth about lectins. i find them really facinating. still don't know my blood type, but sort of excitied, its like learning about my signs all over again!
Matt Talford
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book and began following the blood type diet (BTD) as a "six-month trial;" yet some 4 years later, I'm still on it (it has not let me down). I feel like I'm healthier as a result of my working hard to avoid the foods that are on the avoid list for my blood type. Whether or not you choose to try the BTD, you may still find the book to be an interesting read.
Jeanie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a library book and I returned it after focusing on my specific information. A magazine had an article about run right 4 your type and I find it very interesting. Now I'm pursuing the website information. The author also researched blood pressure, cancer and other health issues in separate books.
Lisa
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Although I loved that a lot of scientific research when into this diet by blood type, I had difficulty processing all the information, given my lack of science background. However, I understood it enough to make some dietary changes and feel better than I have in years! I now want to read D'Adamo's diet and cook book by blood type.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People still looking for a cure
Shelves: advice
I read this because I know two people who recovered from ME after applying the principles in this book. One stopped being vegan after 25 years and introduced a little meat into her diet. The other stopped eating meat and became fully vegetarian. Impressive. I'm lead to believe that this book has no scientific basis whatsoever.
April
Because this book had so much information on the various blood types and how foods work with the various types, I found this book quite interesting. It was interesting to find out how close it was to the different family members in my household, and it was right on the money!
Robert
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Liked the organization of this book, hated what it had to tell me about my blood type. You grow up eating one thing that's your favorite and you find out it's bad for you. Sigh. To give it up or not, lol.
Maria
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
skimmed.
Jessica Lu
3 years after the book "Eat Right 4 for Types", this book is an update and more detailed reference. Worthwhile reading it if you find the previous one useful and interesting. I do.
Sevcheto
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
changed my life.
Jared
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Motivational. Useful book to find out which foods are most probable to be beneficial to your blood type....
I found that either that or just food in moderation helped.
Annie
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good follow on to ER4YT, this book distinguishes more between secretors and non-secretors and contains the complete food lists for each. However, a lot of the information is a repeat of ER4YT.
Grace
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I bought the app for my smart phone this is the best one of all his books.
Stacey
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Loved it and all of the science based evidence! This is a lifestyle, not a diet.
Colleen Pfeffer
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very interesting research. I learned a lot about living/eating right according to my blood type for optimal health.
Toyka
Jun 24, 2009 added it
Shelves: favorite
This is a MUST read.
Tom
Apr 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Changed the way I look at food and diet. It has changed my life and my health.
Aini Marina Ma'rof
Aug 06, 2015
Ирина
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Diet Cure
  • The Chakra Handbook
  • Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style!
  • Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know about
  • Crystal Prescriptions: The A-Z Guide to Over 1,200 Symptoms and Their Healing Crystals
  • Stop the Insanity
  • The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
  • Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health
  • The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
  • Food and Healing: How What You Eat Determines Your Health, Your Well-Being, and the Quality of Your Life
  • Heal Your Headache
  • Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer and How To Prevent Getting it in the First Place
  • Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt
  • Cakes and Ale for the Pagan Soul: Spells, Recipes, and Reflections from Neopagan Elders and Teachers
  • Companion for the Apprentice Wizard
  • The Paleo Diet for Athletes: A Nutritional Formula for Peak Athletic Performance