Start by marking “Crazy For You” as Want to Read:
Crazy For You

Crazy For You

On Wednesday, Quinn McKenzie changes her life. On Thursday, she tries to get somebody to notice. On Thursday night, somebody does.

Quinn McKenzie has always lived what she calls a "beige" life. She has a good job as a high school art teacher, and she's surrounded by family and friends who rely on her. She's dating Bill, coach of the championship high school football and bas

Published July 11th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published March 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy For You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jack Vasen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Beatriz
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este libro ha sido una gratísima, pero muy gratísima sorpresa. Ayuda que su contenido no tenga absolutamente nada que ver con su portada, que es el típico estilo usado para las novelas con personajes masculinos millonarios, controladores y obsesivos. Nada más lejos. La constante del libro es aquella zona de confort en que caen la mayoría de las relaciones de pareja, donde las cosas no están mal, pero tampoco están bien.

La historia transcurre en la pequeña localidad de Tibbett (Ohio), donde todo
Tea Jovanović
Obožavam da muškarcima "uvaljujem" da prevode ženske knjige i slušam njihove komentare... A tek neke njihove interpretacije... :)
Srividya
Nope nopity nope! This one just did not make me crazy for it!

When reading the blurb (which incidentally I never do and did it for this first time here), I thought it was interesting. Also after having heard about Jennifer Crusie and her books from a friend, I thought I should simply go ahead and read this one, especially as it was loved by a good friend of mine. However, despite the book starting off well, it was all downhill after that, without any point of redemption!

So let's get on with what
Tiffany PSquared
**Audiobook Review**

This one is so difficult for me to review! It did, in fact, make me a little crazy while listening to it. I've read/listened to a lot of Crusie lately, and I don't think that this is one that will stick in my mind for any time - at least I hope not.

What I liked:
-Scant little. But let's be clear, I did not HATE this book. It was Crusie's usual humor and pacing. If you like her stuff, then don't skip this one on my account.
-The love story was there, the awkward circumstances
Jacqui
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a well worn jumper that you pull on to keep you warm as the early winter chill starts to bite. I love it. I have it sitting permanently in my bedside cupboard, ready to drag out if I need a little pick me up. Its premise is simple but smart. Quinn, thirty-six, leaves her boyfriend, Bill and starts to lead a new, more spontaneous life which includes among other things, a (very) hot affair with Nick, her used to be brother-in-law now best friend. The only problem is that Bill sti ...more
Marian
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó.- Es un libro que demuestra que una muy buena historia de amor, no necesita ni millonarios, ni personajes oscuros, ni hechos espectaculares.- Simplemente muy buena!
Vintage
What the ---- was that? The blurb and the cover may be the most misleading ever.! Reading this book is like going to watch and ending up with . It's the Rachel Dolezal of books, it identifies with Rom-Com.

Quinn has been living with Bill the Dudley Do-Right, Viking looking, successful football coach. She finds a dog she wants to keep, he say no. She moves out. Nick (her ex BIL, best friend and secret crush) helps her. From here on out it continues in the cutesy light-hearted contemporary rom-com
Nikoleta
3,5/5 αστερακια
Jess
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, jennifer-crusie
This was one of Crusie shorter books, and honestly it was funny but it was also really disturbing at the same time. Quinn is the main character and she is tired of being the sister who is always calm and collected and nice to everyone. She always ignores what she really wants because she thinks people need to see her as being the responsible one in her family. When she decides to adopt a dog from the pound and takes it back home her live in boyfriend Bill tells her she can't have the dog. Quinn ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This story was . . . problematic. Nick was too much of a loner jerkwad to be attractive as love interest and Quinn a bit too stubbornly stupid to be sympathetic as main character. The secondary characters elevated the story somewhat as they were more sympathetic and attractive than either Nick or Quinn—saving this from two-star territory, but only just.
Susanna Herrero
Me ha gustado. Todo lo que escribe esta chica me gusta. Pero no me ha enamorado.
Ana María
Siempre que leo a Jennifer Crusie me parece estar viendo una sit-com americana. Hasta espero escuchar las risas grabadas cuando ocurre algo gracioso.
No sé si me gusta mucho eso.
Lo que me gustó es que los personajes son gente normal (maestros, peluqueras, mecánicos). Nada de millonarios, ejecutivos ni chicos malos, ni vírgenes multiorgásmicas.
Los conflictos me parecieron originales y me llegaron:
-las relaciones de parejas basadas en la comodidad y la costumbre, no en la pasión
-la rutina que vie
Quinn
Jan 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: trashy-romance

I usually affiliate Crusie with silly yet fun contemporary trashy romance novels, where I quite like the characters and like reading what they go through before the usual conclusion. While this one started off like one, it quickly devolved into something that wasn't really fun to read.

Everyone's angry and short-tempered, which is annoying in itself, but then there's the ladies of the books (with the exception of Edie) whom are just so unreasonable and rather high maintenance. I felt sor
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Όταν πρωτοδιάβασα βιβλίο της Jennifer Crusie, δεν περίμενα πως -στο είδος της- θα γινόταν μία από τις αγαπημένες μου συγγραφείς. Παρά που βρίσκεται πολλά χρόνια στο λογοτεχνικό στερέωμα, και παρά που έχει γράψει δεκάδες βιβλία, άρα θα ήταν λογικό κάποια στιγμή, οι ιστορίες της, να αρχίσουν να παίρνουν την κάτω βόλτα, δεν έχω διαπιστώσει να συμβαίνει κάτι τέτοιο. Αντίθετα, θεωρώ πως είναι μια συγγραφέας ιδιαίτερα ευέλικτη που ξέρει να προσαρμόζεται στις ανάγκες του σύγχρονου αναγνώστη, αλλά στο κ ...more
Thenia
The story of Quinn, a woman fed up with the bland life she'd been living, who decides it's time for some changes.

It starts with a dog that she rescues and wants to keep, which leads to her breaking up with her boyfriend who'd been railroading over her while she let him, and the changes have a ripple effect on her closest friends and family.

Free from the constraints she'd put on herself for years, she realizes she has the hots for Nick, her best friend who was married to her sister once upon a ti
Cheri
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this JC book to be very chaotic, but still I liked it. There's a lot going on with different characters that come full circle. Typical JC. Complicated, funny, romantic, sexy and quirky....all that I love about her :)
Océano de libros
Quinn McKenzie parece tener la vida perfecta: un novio que la adora, un trabajo que le encanta y una familia y amigos igualmente maravillosos. Pero ella no está satisfecha, quiere más fulgor en su vida. Desde el momento en que decide adoptar a un perro callejero, se replantea y se tambalea su vida y tendrá a un ex novio y a un buen amigo locos por ella.
Primer libro que leo de esta autora y la verdad es que me ha gustado aunque quizás esperaba algo más. Lo negativo creo que se lo lleva la parte d
Gina
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had been a while since I read this book, and I couldn't really remember why. I bought it in the first place for the same reason I look at other chick lit books - there's a dog in it. Other than that, there's no other reason to like it until you read it. It certainly wouldn't pass the Bechdel test, but to be fair, none of the men talk about anything but women, either. And the premise is pretty tired. A woman is in a rut, and she decides to make some changes. Madness ensues.

It is the execution
Diane ~Firefly~
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance, dog
Crusie is one of my favorite authors, so I always enjoy re-reading her books. This is a great one for alphabet challenges on character names as you have a female Q - Quinn and a male Z - Nick Ziegler. Quinn decides to get out of her rut and go after what she wants for a change.

What I enjoyed:
* The characters. Crusie always writes interesting characters.
* Katie, the dog.
* There are four romantic stories taking place and all are interesting.

What could have been better:
* Bill was unrealistic. (view
Ale Rivero
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡¡¡ODIO A BILL!!! Tuve unas ganas profundas de molerlo a palos a lo largo de toda la historia, así que estuve muy contenta cuando Quinn y Nick le dieron su merecido.
Desde el principio se puede ver que Quinn y Nick son el uno para el otro, y los únicos que no se dan cuenta son ellos. Y Katie es la pequeña perrita pulgosa en medio de todo que logra que Quinn se de cuenta de lo que realmente puede hacerla feliz en la vida y que luche por ello.
Lean esta historia, tienen de todo. Amor, risas, drama,
Jane Stewart
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Kind of nice. Ok. I couldn't get into the characters that much.

It was about a school teacher, Quinn, her family and friends. It was about relationships that weren't going well, some were breaking up. Some got back together later. Nothing really excited me. Even after seeing her end up with Nick, which was a happy ending, I felt as if too many details were missing. The story wasn't as fulfilling as I would have liked.

DATA:
Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting current day, sm
Brenda
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-own, sweet-romance

I had a great time reading this :)
4.5 would be more accurate.
I loved it! It was funny and (surprisingly) steamy!
It has an appropriate title, really.
Gaufre
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
It feels like an outdated brand of feminism: women want more than their relationship/marriage and become unhinged; men are portrayed as clueless because they are content. All of this is somehow ok because it is not as bad as having a psycho stalker.
Nakeesha
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Cruise never rarely disappoints! This story was near perfect. It was party fiction with 5 POV's. I'm not a fan of party fiction, and initially I thought I'd be putting this back on the shelf. But she had me before the end of the first chapter!

Once upon a time, there was a mutt, and before the happily ever after this mutt would change everything and then put it back together again. Katie, the mutt, sneaks into Quinn's life and puts a wrecking ball in her seemingly perfect relationship wi
Rosina Lippi
One thing about Crusie's novels: there's always something going on beneath the surface.

You might think this is just a story about a girl having to chose between two men. Her rock-solid live-in boyfriend, thoughtfulness incarnated, and boring as boiled eggs on the one side, and on the other, somebody she's always had a crush on. He was once married to her sister for a few disasterous weeks. The sister has moved on and is happily settled, but Quin still can't get past Nick. Who is something of a k
Siria
Apr 01, 2008 rated it liked it
This is the first Jennifer Crusie novel I've tried, after hearing from numerous people on LiveJournal that she's worth reading--and, well, adhering to the LJ canon has rarely steered me wrong so far. I did like it. It was cute and had just the right level of fluff, and I really liked the dialogue, which was often witty and fun. The hero and heroine, Nick and Quinn, weren't made overly stupid for authorial reasons, though towards the end of the book, I was just urging them to go get busy already, ...more
Tiffany
Dec 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Well, having read Getting Rid of Bradley, I was disappointed in this novel from Crusie. I believe this one came out first but no matter, it is almost the exact same plot. Boring girl leaves boring guy. She loves dog(s) and needs a change by way of a haircut. Meets a dark, rebel-type bad boy with a heart of gold who eventually falls in love with said character despite being a bachelor-till-I-die type. He saves her from mysteries threats from ex boyfriend. She has a close call with death/abuse. Al ...more
May 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
I guess I'm addicted.

I mean, there's really no excuse for the number of Jennifer Crusie novels I've devoured if I didn't really like them, at least a little bit. I recognize that the plotlines are transparent, the characters are a bit silly, and the sex scenes are strangely reminiscent of each other. But they're perfect to casually pick up, read a bit in the workroom, read a bit on the reference desk, and read before going to bed. I never feel like I'm missing a pivotal moment despite not devot
Nisha
Aug 18, 2009 rated it liked it
This could have been a great book if Bill was not insane and if Quinn and Nick had a better friendship. I'll start with Bill. It was completely melodramatic and too insane to read when Bill became... insane. Yes, he starts off being annoying, planning out Quinn's life with him, but he becomes progressively insufferable. It might have helped jumpstart Quinn and Nick's relationship, but it was definitely detracting. At least to me. Quinn and Nick were supposed to be best friends. How exactly does ...more
Vicky Ziliaskopoulou
Ένα βιβλίο με πρωταγωνιστές γύρω στα 35 τους, οι οποίοι αντιδρούν σαν να είναι 18 χρονών, όλο πείσματα και γκρίνιες και στερεότυπα του στυλ: "Κάτι θέλω αλλά δεν σου το λέω, βρες το μόνος σου".
Γυναίκες που γκρινιάζουν για τους άντρες τους ή τις βαρετές σχέσεις τους και προσπαθούν να βρουν τη λύση ώστε να δώσουν λίγη ένταση στην καθημερινότητα- αυτό είναι το πολύ ωραίο αυτού του βιβλίου, ίσως λίγο σε ξεκουνάει προτού βαρεθείς τη συζυγική σου ζωή, αλλά ο τρόπος που το κάνει είναι λάθος. Ίσως πάλι

• True Confessions (Gospel, Idaho #1)
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • Breathing Room
  • Take a Chance on Me
  • Ex and the Single Girl
  • Hot Wheels and High Heels (Playboys, #1)
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
Jenny Crusie is the NYT bestselling author of twenty some novels and lots of other stuff. Her latest novel, Maybe This Time, hit shelves in August, 2010.

Jenny lives on the Ohio River where she often stares at the ceiling and counts her blessings.
“She glared at him. “Who the fuck do you think you are?”

“I think I’m the fuck you want,” Nick said, and when she swung on him, he ducked under her arm and caught her to him, taking her mouth with his so completely that she stopped swinging to enjoy the heat and shudder he kissed into her, so relieved to finally have his arms around her.”
8 likes
“Exciting wasn't turning out obe as easy as she'd thought it would be, but it was definitely worth pursuing.” 6 likes