Start by marking “Death Note Box Set” as Want to Read:
Death Note Box Set

Death Note Box Set (Death Note #1-13)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  2,770 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
The entire Death Note manga story arc is now available in a box set for the first time! This custom box set includes all 12 books from the Death Note series, the information How To Read "Death Note 13" and exclusive Death Note premium gifts! The high gloss printed box set also comes with a recessed handle and velcro closure. The box set is 10% off the total r ...more
Published October 7th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Death Note Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note Box Set

Caroline
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
REFLECTING on the series, I figured it was easier to write a review that addressed Death Note as a whole rather than having individual reviews so here goes. I'd wanted to read this series for quite some time so when I saw it for sale I just couldn't resist. After my boyfriend read it, I powered through it.

From the beginning this series is so clever, the entire ideology behind it is captivating. It addresses ethics, the question of righteousness and the human mind in depth, without forcing philos
R. Kitt
This is a disturbed concept, a junior student gets a Death Note that falls into his hands by mistake, once he is familiar with its power (death to anyone he can see, and anyone he writes in the DN) he relishes in it and takes it too far.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
~John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton~
John Egbert
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Don't get me wrong, I like Death Note, but I hated the second half. It could have been 3.5, or even four, but just for the existence of Near....*seethes*
Aaron
Shakespearean. Death Note the anime stands out as perhaps the single best anime adaptation of manga, which itself is perhaps the best manga of all time.

On the surface Death Note is a fairly straightforward story of cat and mouse, with the best detectives in the world trying to catch the mysterious Kira ("killer"), the alter ego of high school student Light Yagumi. Yagami gains the mysterious death note by accident (dropped in the human world by a shinigami - literally Death God - for amusement)
Steve Giordano
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Instead of reviewing all the individual separately, I figured it was easier to write one big review on all the volumes of the series.

What can I say about Death Note, the story of Light Yagami and his quest to change the world "for the better" through the use of the Death Note, a powerful, mystical object that allows him to kill anyone by writing down their name? I can start by saying that it absolutely floored me like no other story has done in a long while.

Death Note, a twelve-volume series wri
Michaela
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: No major spoilers

Death Note is an intelligent and meticulously illustrated rollercoaster ride. With hardly a dull moment, it will keep you turning pages hours after you thought you would be doing something else. The artwork is superb, and while the author of the story, Ohba Tsugumi, is sometimes thought to be a bit too wordy, the story is complex enough to need all those words, even if you are in a bit of a hurry to turn the next page and find out what will happen. Suspenseful is the best
Chris Merritt
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Not everyone is a fan of manga. Some people can't get past the idea of comics being used to tell a serious story, other people just don't like the style of art in manga with over-exagerrated expressions, large eyes, etc. However, the unique nature of this one should be worth looking into. In the Shinigami (Death God) realm, the Shinigami have forgotten their purpose and spend their time gambling away years of their lives. However, each has a Death Note, and by writing the name of a human into it ...more
Noemi
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Noemi by: Shannon Sestak
Addictive read. Does not pass the Bechdel Test. Like, at all. But it was still really fun to read, even I kept feeling like "why isn't anyone talking about identity and privilege intersectionality?"

Also, I found some of the idiosyncratic mannerisms (sudden obsession with sweets, penchant for chocolate bars, obliviousness to a boyfriend's indifference) a little distracting, although I found Matsuda pretty endearing. I would totally watch a buddy cop movie with Matsuda and Aizawa.
David Verghese
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am yet to read any manga as amazing as this one... having said that, I don't read all that much either
Natalie
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Natalie by: Shounen Jump
I absolutely LOVE Death Note. The way the story flows and the character development is phenomenal. Why is it good? Because everything in this series is done perfectly. The main characters are perfect. The story is perfect. The character designs are perfect. The tension and drama is perfect. Even the side characters are perfect. This manga is just too awesome and wonderful to love.

The story is basically a cat and mouse chase between the criminal killer Kira, and the best detective in the world L.
Kenzie
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of my favorite stories of all time
oxana
Aug 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of supernatural crime and manga
Shelves: fiction, manga, own
The box:
The box is beautiful. Nice colors, effects, and good design. It has all the 12 volumes of manga, plus the "How to read" -book and a little book with all the Death Note rules in it (in two languages like in the manga itself).

The series:
When I began to read Death Note, I was thrilled. The plot and idea pulled me in, it was interesting, and I just loved it. The (occasional) slow pace wasn't that bad then.

At some point, though, the pace of the story started to bug me a little. With both our
Tom
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I never actually owned this box set. In fact, I do not remember ever owning a box set of any kind - it just seemed more economical to review this Death Note collection in stead of reviewing each comic individually.

So yeah, manga. I know, right? It seems to do everything it possibly can to annoy you. Reading from right to left, starting at the bottom of the page and at the back of the book, it takes some getting used to. I never really liked manga much - it seemed strange, juvenile and over the t
Michelle
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Tzu-Mainn Chen
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Note: I'm reviewing the entire 'Death Note' storyline, and not the actual box set.

I had heard about 'Death Note' long before I picked it up in a moment of vacation boredom. The reason I hadn't tried it out before was because it sounded like a kind of manga that I typically disdain: high-concept mixed with slapdash execution.

That's why I was surprised when I was immediately drawn into the story of Light Yagami and his desire to use the Death Note - a notebook that can be used to kill any person o
Roxy D.C
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 ⭐’s

This was a reread for me and I loved it just as much as the first time. When I first read this manga I was a freshman in high school, at the time I didn't really focused on the plot as much cause this was around the time I was getting introduced to anime and manga. All I remembered was that L was the good guy and that Light was the antagonist.

Upon rereading this manga, I noticed that I don't really hate Light as much (even though he's psychopath with a god complex), don't get me
Saleh MoonWalker
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
یکی از بهترین آثار کارآگاهی، فاتزی و فیکشن مانگای ژاپنی هست که وجود داره. هر چند که شروع داستان عجیب هستش و با افسانه های فرهنگ ژاپنی مخلوطه، ولی بعدش داستان عالی پیش میره. نرخ پیشروی داستان مناسبه و بخش نوآرِش فوق العاده هوشمندانه طراحی شده. بخش هایی وجود داره که من بیش از یک بار خوندم تا به میزان هوشمندانه بودن طرح اصلی پی ببرم. زیاد اهل مانگا نیستم، ولی این مورد، فوق العاده س و انتهای داستان دید شما رو باز تر میکنه. یه انیمیشن هم ازش ساختن که داستان رو خوب داخلش پیاده کردن، واسه همین دیدن اون ...more
Munira
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
It is one of my all time favorites! i would reread it from time to time because the story is so unique and thrilling you can't just put it down! and the art!! you will fall in love with all the characters, no exception, they are all amazing! everything about this Manga is amazing I would definitely recommend it to everyone!
12peppermint
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just put this box set cause' I read all the Death Note manga... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUV IT SO FRIKIN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! GO L!!!!!! GO MELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mina
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
MASTERPIECE.
I_ty_toje
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Пишу сразу ко всей серии, постарался без спойлеров, только впечатления.
Манга обладает неплохим сюжетом, в котором замешаны моральный выбор (центральная тема и мне это нравится), а также взаимоотношения подростков с окружающим миром (не в пример скучнее и банальнее) и детективная же линия показалась довольно глупой и содержащей непозволительное количество «роялей в кустах».
Главная проблема манги в количестве самоповторов, временами кажется что все пошло и по второму и по третьему кругу. Я понимаю
Ronald Happold III
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Josh Marcus
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Death Note is the first manga I've read and, although I enjoyed it, it might just be the last. Fast moving, clever, and darkly fun characters. But I found it difficult to get too invested or care that much about who won.
Astari Noviane
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of amazing series of manga/comic I ever read. How we dive in the cruel main character feeling and though. How he sees the lack of justice in the world. And its only have 12 volume, which is sure short for a manga this good. But its excellent!
Rachel Ramirez
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fantastic manga!
roundface
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kira, master of manipulation.
Nathan Collings
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Astounding and an epic of the highest calibre
✨Bayan✨
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the idea of death note and it's special and the characters especially L.

I hate the second half of death note I think everyone do.

I hate the end and how they do so much movies and series.
Caecil Chen
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Zuleeza
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
I don't know why I kept postponing writing this review but kyaaaaaaaaa, I feel like nothing I wrote can reflect how badass this manga is so you have to read it yourself!!! Before you start questioning my decision-making skills, yes, I loathed the second part of the series (after the departure of a certain character) but the whole manga deserved nothing less than a 5-star.

It's such a shame because it's only recently that I decided to give Death Note a chance. I was so spooked by Ryuk before this
L 2 20 Aug 17, 2012 01:19PM
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Box Set
  • Fruits Basket: The Complete Collection
  • Naruto Box Set 1: Volumes 1-27
  • The Resistance (Animorphs, #47)
  • Death Note: L, Change the WorLd
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 1
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 5 (Highschool of the Dead, #5)
  • Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
  • Dragon (Five Ancestors, #7)
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 3
Tsugumi Ōba (Profile in Japanese: 大場 つぐみ), born in Tokyo, Japan, is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is spe
More about Tsugumi Ohba

Death Note (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2)
  • Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)
  • Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4)
  • Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5)
  • Death Note, Vol. 6: Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6)
  • Death Note, Vol. 7: Zero (Death Note, #7)
  • Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)
  • Death Note, Vol. 9: Contact (Death Note, #9)
  • Death Note, Vol. 10: Deletion (Death Note, #10)
“If you keep my secret, this strawberry is yours.” 348 likes