Start by marking “Wirbel in Klasse 2 (Dolly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wirbel in Klasse 2 (Dolly, #2)

Wirbel in Klasse 2 (Malory Towers #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  8,221 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
"Unsere Burg ist die beste Schule der Welt", sagt Dolly begeistert. "Dinge gehen in dieser Schule vor!" seufzt die Direktorin. Übermütige Streiche und merkwürdige Überraschungen werden von Enid Blyton, der berühmten englischen Jugendautorin, mit Spannung erzählt.
Hardcover, Schneider-Buch, 138 pages
Published by F. Schneider (first published 1947)

To ask other readers questions about Wirbel in Klasse 2, please sign up.
isla You can't read books in GoodReads - it's a site for reviewing your favourite books and tracking what you read :)
Conor Nally You can't read books on Goodreads. Sometimes they offer you a very small sample of the book but sometimes not even that. This site is more for reading…moreYou can't read books on Goodreads. Sometimes they offer you a very small sample of the book but sometimes not even that. This site is more for reading and writing reviews and take quizzes and loads of other stuff.(less)

Clare
Second Form at Mallory Towers in audio.

Darryl Rivers and her best friend Sally start a second year at Mallory Towers. Three new girls join the second form Ellen a scholarship girl, Daphne and Belinda who draws caricatures.

Sally is voted head of North Tower and Gwendoline makes a beeline for Daphne because she is from a well off family. However the Headmistress knows a secret about Daphne and she might not be what she seems.

Ellen is bad tempered and hard to talk to who is behind the recent thefts
rishita
#blytonchildhood continues.

In Malory Towers- and in St. Clare's, if I remember correctly- Enid Blyton explores the idea and constructions of friendship quite well. Not just in how people make friends (Darrell and Sally Hope, for example), but issues of first impressions (Sally Hope!), power relations within friendships (Darrell and Alicia in the beginning- Darrell is so in awe of Alicia), loyalty (Darrell and Alicia as contrasted with Darrell, Sally Hope, and Mary Lou in Book 1), and camaraderie
Catherine Ford
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
I really love all the characters in this book, from timid little Mary Lou to conceited Gwendalyn. I also enjoy Darrell's character development.
Sally906
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm - looks like Goodreads have done an update - star rating not showing!

5 stars for a childhood favourite - loved it.
Lisa Vegan
At the beginning I was feeling ornery at the frequent use of the word sensible as an adjective to describe a few of the girls. While this story (the second in a series of six books) is rather formulaic, I was pleasantly surprised by its psychological mindedness, and I must say I most enjoyed the girls when they were behaving somewhat badly rather than being perfect. It took me a little while to become engaged with this one but I ended up staying up until the early hours of the morning to finish ...more
Ana
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Foi uma boa leitura, adorei as novas personagens e as interações entre elas.
Kim
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
A trip back to my childhood. I grew up reading every Enid Blyton that I could find. This was one of my favourite series!
Vie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darrell cs. kembali ke Malory Towers untuk menjalani kelas dua disana.
Pada tahun ini, ada tiga anak baru yang bergabung dengan mereka, Ellen siswa beasiswa, Belinda yang pintar menggambar, dan Daphne si anak cantik yang juga kaya raya.
Fokus pada novel ini juga pada mereka bertiga bagaimana mereka menyesuaikan diri di Malory Towers.
Ellen stres karena ia sadar bahwa nilainya di Malory Towers biasa-biasa saja padahal dia mendapakan beasiswa di sini.
Belinda yang segera akrab dengan Irene. Semua an
Wow
So many things happened !
I really like this series !
I really like all the characters even gwen !
I love how this story is all about the power of redemption and courage , I wish that more stories nowadays were written with the same amount of love ! This story definitely has a life if it's own !
It's still relatable even to today's standards!
Nina
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Hanya 240 halaman tapi cerita Enid seru dan kaya. Banyak tokoh dengan karakter uniknya, yg membuat mereka berbeda dengan yg lain. Isu isu yg diangkat dalam cerita ini sangat relevan dengan kehidupan sekolah pada umumnya.
Eline
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deze boeken zijn gewoon zo heerlijk dramatisch, haha
Zelie
Finally, I read the original version of the book (read: not translation one)
And yes, I enjoyed it. Enid Blyton has interesting way to tell story, and it's easy to read.

Cannot wait to read the next one.
Haniva Az Zahra
Pada buku ini Darrel sudah naik ke kelas dua. Ia akhirnya bersahabat dengan Sally-Hope. Senang rasanya kalau berhasil mendapatkan sahabat di sekolah asrama. Saya sendiri jadi bernostalgia :D

Buku ini bercerita tentang kehidupan sehari-hari Darrel bersama teman-temannya di Mallory Towers. Namun demikian, pada buku ini saya belajar dari Gwendoline Marry. Ia adalah anak yang lemah, sombong, dan tidak tahu diri. Nah, di buku ini diceritakan bahwa sikap seperti itu karena orang tua Gwen yang tidak kua
Gina Brooks
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a child, I was truly obsessed with this series of books! However, I wasn't really much of a reader, so opted for the audiobook version. When I stumbled across the second book for 49p in a charity shop last week I decided that I had to buy it (as I am now a pretty avid lover of reading compared to when I was younger). Decided to give the book a read for nostalgic reasons and because the audiobooks are abridged, meaning lots of the little details have been edited out! I've seriously enjoyed rea ...more
Emily A.
I read the book Mallory Towers by Enid Blyton. In this book, Ellen wants to keep her academic scholarship to Mallory Towers because her parents can’t afford it so, she tries to cheat on a test that if she does well on, will keep her grades up. The plan doesn’t work though, and as a consequence for the lying, the whole dorm finds out. Ellen is terrified she’ll be sent home from the school that she worked so hard to get into. I think that this book's strengths, were that the author really captured ...more
Devina
Dibuku ke 2 ini, Darrell mendapat beberapa teman baru, Daphne, anak bangsawan yang luar biasa cantik tapi sombong, Ellen, anak pindahan dari sekolah lain yang memenangkan beasiswa untuk bersekolah di Malory Towers, dan Belinda, si jenius dalam menggambar, tapi memiliki sifat pelupa yang persis sama seperti Irene.

Sally terpilih menjadi ketua kelas semester ini. Tapi Alicia jadi cemburu dan selalu bersikap sinis sm Sally, dia menganggap seharusnya dia lah yang menjadi ketua kelas, bukannya Sally.
Dayna
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Malory Tower’s series. I actually did think that this series was going to be told through the eyes of Darrell, but it’s interesting that it sort of diverts itself around the other characters as well. I think that’s perhaps why I found it a little bit harder to really get into this series, there wasn’t anyone you could strongly identify with. Not that this style is at all unusual for Enid Blyton, I just think in this instance, for me, it doesn’t quite work to grip me into t ...more
Fadhilatul
Buku ini menceritakan kisah Darrel ketika ia berada di kelas dua. Darrel mulai semakin tertarik untuk ikut-ikut ulah Alicia. Namun kini ia sudah mulai bersahabat dengan Sally. Disini ia juga mencoba menyelami karakter teman-temannya khususnya yang sekamar dengannya di menara utara.

Selain itu dalam buku ini pun banyak anak-anak baru yang langsung masuk di kelas dua. Ada Ellen yang selalu sibuk belajar namun selalu mendapat nilai jelek. Juga ada Daphne yang cantik jelita dan sangat disayangi oleh
Hanifah Mahdiyanti
Darrel dan kawan-kawan masuk sekolah lagi. Mereka sekarang sudah kelas dua. Dan ada murid-murid baru! Belinda yang pelupa tapi pandai menggambar, Ellen yang pintar tapi ketus, dan Daphne yang cantik tapi menjengkelkan. Seru! Mary Lou yang penakut jadi pinter bahasa Perancis. Alicia nggak lupa dengan lelucon-leluconnya yang khas yang bikin sekolah jadi meriah. Sally jadi ketua kelas, dan ada beberapa konflik juga. Akhirnya banyak juga yang diceritakan tentang murid-murid lain di kelas Darrel. Ada ...more
Deirdre
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite Malory Towers. I love Daphne's story, particularly the dramatic cliff scene. She's a really interesting character and it's a shame she featured so little in subsequent books.
Gwendoline Mary is also at her brilliant best here.

A true comfort read set in the reassuring world of a traditional English boarding school. Full of jolly sensible girls, no nonsense matrons, japes and jokes, and oozing with old fashioned charm and fun.
Masteatro
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leídos-en-2016
Era justo lo que necesitaba para desestresarme en este momento, volver a la infancia con Darrell y sus compañeras de curso, sus profesoras, sus travesuras, sus aprendizajes. Lo he disfrutado muchísimo, incluso más que el primero.
Es cierto que hay una cierta moralina en estas aventuras pero, ¿qué hay de malo en enseñar a los niños (en este caso a las niñas) a ser buenas personas?
Siempre es un placer volver a leer a Doña Enid Blyton, por algo es todo un clásico infantil.
Deepthi Herga
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
Rereading these with my 9-year old now (in Jan 2017). This will be a common review for all the books in the series by Enid Blyton.

The day-to day activities of Darrel and her friends at their school Malory towers with all their teachers is as fun to read today as it was when I was a teenager. My daughter loves them too :).
Jane Irish Nelson
I enjoyed this entire series as a child, but re-reading this now, as an adult, I see the flaws more clearly. The characters are really not fully-formed, but generally described by one particular characteristic or talent. This books focuses on the ten girls in North Tower who are now in the Second Form, however there should be just as many girls in the form in each of the other three towers, but none of them are ever mentioned! Also, few of the older girls are named, and the second formers seem t ...more
Paula C.
Just as the first one, funny and fresh. I enjoyed the adding of new characters and, moreover, the development of the already existing ones, and how they dealt with the new girls. mrs Blyton made it very right knowing what to keep in each charaters presonality and ha tto developes aas they grew older.Having said all this, i think i enjoyed the first one a little more, but just becaused t focused more in the school stuff, which is what i enjoy the most. Nevertheless, this second volumen does not r ...more
Girlwiththeglasses
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 5-stars, amazing
I love this series! As soon as I had finished the first book I continued onto the second, desperate to hear more of darrell and her friends. This time, there are three new girls joinning Darrell's year. Ellen, the snappy, short-tempered scolorship girl, the artist Belinda, who causes quite a lot of trouble troughout the term and finally the rich and pretty Daphne.
Carolina
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otra vez en Torres de Malory, Darrell y las demás están emocionadisimas. Han llegado tres niñas nuevas: Belinda, Ellen y Daphne. Alicia gasta la broma de la tiza invisible, alguien está robando cosas, Belinda tiene un don para el arte y Ellen se mete en problemas.
¡En Torres de Malory nadie se aburre!
Georgina Howlett
Ellen hit a little bit close to home for me. Daphne is horrible, but I hope she redeems herself. Gwendoline is still horrible. Alicia is too jealous of Sally. Darrell is still okay, though she needs to calm down on the physical violence, jeez
Janet Breese
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was just as amazing as the first book! More mischief seems to boil up in the cauldron when three new girls appear at Malory towers. Daphne a posh spoilt brat, Ellen the stressed out nerd and forgetful Belinda companion for the klutz Irene!!
Afifah
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2018
Maya Widiatmoko
Buku yg seru sebetulnya lebih cepet selesai di baca-nya. Asalkan fokus hehehe begitu fokus baca seri kedua ini, GPL. Dan di seri ini emang seru! Semakin banyak karakter2 untuk di-kepho-in hehehe Lebih seru-nya lagi, masih ada empat seri yg kaya begini. Jadi ngga sabar nunggu orderan dateng neh!
Second term at Malory Towers 5 32 Mar 15, 2018 08:24AM
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Marches On (The Naughtiest Girl, #10)
  • Uma Aventura em Espanha
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
  • Caderno de Agosto
  • A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #3)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton

Malory Towers (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • First Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #1)
  • Third Year at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #3)
  • Upper Fourth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #4)
  • In the Fifth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #5)
  • Last Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #6)
  • New Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #7)
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • Winter Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #9)
  • Fun and Games at Malory Towers  (Malory Towers, #10)
  • Secrets at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #11)

Fiction Deals

$8.24 $1.99
  • The Shepherdess of Siena
  • The Man Who Could Be King
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
  • The Vagrants
  • The Perfect Son
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Winnowing Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #2)
  • The Feathered Bone
  • Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties
  • A Reunion Of Ghosts
  • Crooked Little Lies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Our Own Country (The Midwife, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Women in the Castle
  • Kat and Meg Conquer the World
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Hag-Seed (Hogarth Shakespeare)
  • News of the World
  • Black Swan Green
  • London
  • The Swans of Fifth Avenue
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Shōgun (Asian Saga, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“You think if someone does a brave deed quite suddenly, then he or she could never do a mean one? You are wrong. We all have good and bad in us, and we have to strive all the time to make the good cancel out the bad. We can never be perfect - we all of us do mean or wrong things at times - but we can at least make amends by trying to cancel out the wrong by doing something worthy later on.” 3 likes
“beady” 0 likes