Start by marking “Dear Life” as Want to Read:
Dear Life

Dear Life

Four lives. Four stories. Four sets of letters. Four brave souls in need of guidance while facing life's greatest challenges.

The anonymously published Dear Life program is designed to help them step outside of their comfort zones, face their obstacles, and relinquish their demons...and prove their existence.

With their lives teetering between wanting more and losing it
Published January 5th 2017 by Hot-Lanta Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dear Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Life

Christy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo B5E3F7C9-181C-41E2-888D-BC13C1204A05_zps7dmip4ar.jpg

Dear Life was my first book of the year, and talk about starting 2017 with a bang. This book was epic. It was a truly stunning and beautiful story about four separate people coming together for different reasons. Some have suffered loss, some are looking to be found, either way, they all need each other more than they’ll ever know.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, favorites

5 Stars!!

Meghan Quinn blew me away with this novel. 'Dear Life' was my second book by this author and while it was so different than the first, I loved it as much. Meghan delivers an amazing story, so well written, compelling and thought-provoking, and...so different from what I had expected and from what I read so far. I’m rarely blown away by an author or, in this case, a story, but Meghan Quinn managed to impress me and move me so much with this engaging, emotional read. She managed to make me feel so

Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

”Dear Life. Learn to live again.”

[image error]

Are you bored with the same old storylines?

description

Have you been looking for something different in the romance genre to start your 2017 off right?

description

Meghan Quinn delivers a four person pov story that was well entwined while high on emotion, laughter, friendship, growth, and love.

description

As the four main characters attend a self-help weekly group called “Dear Life”, they all work on learning to live again. After loss, or disappointments, or even just finding out who they are o
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Let's get my disclaimer out of the way first: I LOVE this author. Meghan Quinn is the queen of ROM-COM and so she is one author that I'll hit that one-click button on everytime. I didn't even look at what this book was about and I probably should have. Now if you hate my review..so be it. I have a 1-800 number set up for you to call in with your tears.
 photo anigif_enhanced-4865-1401454224-20_zpsbw8tsyqu.gif
 photo anigif_enhanced-4865-1401454224-20_zpsbw8tsyqu.gif

Because I kinda didn't like this book.
You have four broken people. Hollyn, who recently was widowed and can't move on from her husband's death. Jace, a famous baseball player who got dumped with a baby and ended up giving it up for adoption. Carter, who's parents commited suicide and left him with an uncaring uncle (who he feels like just wants to keep him down). And then Daisy, who grew up with her grandmother..sheltered and thinking crafting up vests in her spare time was fun.

They all find out or are forced to participate in a "Dear Life" program.
Sort of a peer counseling type programs where they work through life's problems by writing Life a letter at each meeting.
 photo 10891728_925989527419122_7228883342598639418_n_zpsbzlwdmwg.png

They end up paired together in a group to supposedly help each other. Now I'm not making fun of their life experiences. Life sucks. BELIEVE me I know that.
BUT and this is something that drove me crazy for the whole book, every counseling I've ever seen or heard of tells you to NOT GET ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED when you are working through something. I'm not talking about friendship support, so calm your panties.
Someone I love is going through counseling right now, and she just jumped into another relationship. I can see that if it doesn't work out that she is going to have a crash. It's my opinion (which is worth maybe a sack of potatoes) but I wish she could work on rebuilding her self esteem without being all in lurve. So this was a biggie for me and warped the whole dang book. I just wanted to yell at them at what idiots they were being.
I was totally judging.

photo stahp_zpsrc4wixz3.gif

I give no craps.

There are some cute moments in the book. Daisy and her grandmother were my favorites out of the whole thing. With Daisy's Alfred Dunner pants and her grandmother reading Fifty Shades...I keep hoping the box would open and I would get something good.
 photo tumblr_inline_n6xkns4J821qbygev_zpsfv1h9iqz.gif

Now does this mean I hate this author and will never buy her books again? Heck no. I'll just look at the type book first. I'm not bashing her or her heart, because I can see she put some heart into this story. It just fell flat for me. I'm a souless heifer who doesn't like for something to try and milk my feelings.
 photo 8620964_zpsnbwvmztm.gif

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 Stars*****

“Four lives. Four stories. Four sets of letters. Four brave souls in need of guidance while facing life’s greatest challenges.”

description

“Dear Life” by Meghan Quinn was such a phenomenal story and unlike anything I have read to date. It was absolutely amazing and when I say amazing, I mean amazing. When I finished the book all I could think of was how brilliant it was and sadness that it ended, because I kept wanting more and more and more! I know it’s only the start to the year, but I’m going to put it out thereStars*****
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Meghan Quinn Fans, Romance
5 Keeping an Open Mind Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free- It's LIVE!!!!

Disclaimer: This Book lends itself to doing a review a certain way. Others, I know, will do it so much better in writing a letter to Life or Meghan Quinn. Please take every opportunity to read them. This, however, is my contribution... My Letter to You.

Dear Reader,
When picking this book, I saw it was written by Meghan Quinn and knew it would probably be a good read. I had recently read a series by her and was taken by the themes, how she laced all of her el
LIVE!!!!
warhawke
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lover of deeper story
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Multiple
Rating:

Four different lives at the end if their roads were looking for a change of course. Some by choice and some by force, they joined the Dear Life program to embark on a journey to rediscover life. But changes could only happen from within and they had to learn to accept their shortcomings in order to move on.

I've read and enjoyed several of MStandalone
POV:Romance
Type:
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm glad I finally found the time for some older releases. I absolutely adored this book and it's definitely going on my favorites shelf!

➦I've read Meghan Quinn's romcoms before and I love her sense of humor. Here, however, she managed to write an emotional story with a powerful message AND make it humorous in some parts. It was really a perfect blend of humor, angst and romance. I laughed, cried and hyperventilated.

➦It's a story following four people who get into the Dear Life program, which is supposed to help them learn to
Meghan Quinn
Dec 06, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ONE-CLICK here ---> http://amzn.to/2iBjcT9

Four lives, Four stories. Four sets of letters.

Dear Life is a Contemporary Romance that immerses you into the lives of Jace - the baseball player, Hollyn - the perpetually hurt, Daisy - the sheltered, and Carter - the bitter prick. Teetering on the edge of making something of themselves or losing it all, they join the Dear Life program to ensure their chances at changing the lemons life has handed them.

Be prepared to be swept away by the heartache, heart-warming romance
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****

I thought it was going to be hard to follow four different main character's storylines but they intertwined with each other which made it easy. Another powerful drama by the Queen of RomCom!!
Michelle
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

#DearLifetitle

Dear Life by Meghan Quinn is hands down the most raw, intimate, honest, and vulnerable book that she has written so far. This is one of those reads that cannot be fully reviewed since Dear Life is about life’s journey. The good, the bad, and those moments in our life we want a do-over. Four lives. Four strangers are brought together where they bond over the fact
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
My review is going to simply be, Read this book, it is absolutely amazingly beautiful. I'm left speechless at how much I fell in love with this book.

photo 5F2468F7-5D46-428A-980A-08CF0AF5FDEF_zpsjjxpj1xm.gif

Definitely a book I will reread!! And one I hands down recommend to you❤❤❤❤
JewelsyGoolsy
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Wow, this one took me longer than usual to read. Not because it was bad or boring. But for some reason, I kept on getting distracted by watching "fake news" on current US politics. Now, I can't even tell if this book was just slow paced or if the political status of America forced my concerned distraction! Damn you Trump!!

Although I read this at a snails pace, I did enjoy what I read of this story and have little to no complaints about it. Lovers of safety don't ha
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
4.5 "Let it all out" stars!!

This will be a fairly quick review because I'm still buzzing over this book and I don't want to accidentally reveal too much.

This story is about four people: Hollyn, Jace, Daisy and Carter. It's also told from each of their points of view, so we get an in-depth look at what's going on. Each person has been dealt a hard knock or two from life. They each find themselves at the end of their ropes. Defeated. Lost. The Dear Life program forces each of them to grab life by its horns, emb
Jeannine Allison
I really enjoyed this one! The concept was unique and I really loved how MQ set it up, all four people were suffering from different things and yet I never felt like one person's pain outweighed another's. That's one of the great things about this book, I think given the varying personalities and types of pain, most readers could find something to relate to. And the ending message is very uplifting.
"Prove your existence. That's your new motto to live by. What did you do today to prove your existence, whauplifting.
Nawal
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dear life is a book which gives you a very thought provoking, intense and emotional ride. I obviously cried, I mean I would have to be not human to not cry. There were things which were so realistic and so horrible for people to have to go through… it really is something which makes you think.

I liked the concept of this story. It is very unique and provided a new experience for me as a reader. I always know Meghan as someone who’s writing can make me laugh to no end. But I didn’t kno
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "PROVE YOUR EXISTENCE" STARS!!!

WOW! What a BREATH-TAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL story! Hands down to Meghan Quinn because Dear Life just STOLE my heart and OWNED it! When she said this book is different from her other works, I never thought it's this DIFFERENT because for all of those holy, this book is UNIQUELY WRITTEN! It was so real, so raw, so honest and so awe inspiring I have no other thoughts except I LOVE IT WHOLEHEARTEDLY and it became a special part of me. And one of the most important part of the book? It was written with HEART AND SOUL.

Writing this
Jen
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favorites
For only my second read by Meghan Quinn, I have to say I'm very impressed. I started this last night and couldn't put it down. This was a phenomenal story or to be more accurate, stories. In Dear Life, Meghan takes us through stories dealing with love, loss, grief, and new experiences.

Hollyn, Daisy, Jace and Carter are the main characters. Each of them decides to attend a self-help group called Dear Life. In this group they are put together into one group to work together, lean on one another and help ea
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 5, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Day Update: This book is now LIVE! I highly recommend it to all fans of romance!

Just to put it out there, I absolutely ADORE Meghan Quinn’s books. Most (but not all) are lighthearted, funny, and pretty over the top (in a good way). But this one. WOW. Talk about putting your heart and soul into a piece of paper… Meghan Quinn has surpassed all expectations that I had for Dear Life and this book will be/>/>
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

"Prove your existence. That's your new motto to live by. What did you do today to prove your existence, what are you doing tomorrow to prove your existence in this world?"

This book was very special. It was definitely a departure from Meghan Quinn’s funny, quirky, romantic comedies but it was so worth the read. It was different in the best kind of way. Dear Life is the story of Jace, Hollyn, Daisy and Carter. Four very special people that have been dealt a bad hand in live and when we mee
AC Book Blog
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW WOW! I am used to Meghan's romantic comedies - goofy, sweet, fun ... but Dear Life? We are seeing another brilliant side of Meghan and I LOVED IT. This book is inspiring, emotional, heartwarming, serious, sad but also hilarious as hell in some parts. I cried one minute and then the next I busted out laughing my a** off. Then I ugly cried happy tears at the end. You must read this.

The story surrounds four people with very different lives and circumstances. Hollyn is a newlywed, madly in
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, new-adult
You might know Meghan Quinn for her hilarious (and yes, sometimes wacky) humor. She does the romantic comedy really well, but she also nails the serious and the heartbreaking, too. While there are still elements of humor in Dear Life, the intensity of the situations and the emotions really shine through, leaving you thinking about this story long after it is finished.

Dear Life, the book, is a heartfelt and realistic look at four lives who have been changed or shaped by events beyond their control. Dear Life, thefinished.
Dear
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
It's tough rating this because it started off great and then it kinda fizzled. I love Carter and Daisy and there was moments I was grinning so bad.

“Thanks, Life. You’re a real peach. Once again, note the sarcasm.”

But... When a book goes overboard with the "life is short", "no regrets" quotes it put me off a bit. Also Hollyn's character irritated me.

~ℑ
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dear Life , I'm so glad I picked this book! it was everything I expected and more, so captivating and addictive, the story of four people who suffer from different tragedies.. It was so beautiful and sad at the same time, I found myself crying most of the time without even realizing it!

This book will take you into the journey of four people: Hollyn, Daisy, Jace and Carter. they meet through a program called Dear Life that will help them cope with their problems. As the program begins, so do
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2017
Dear Life by Meghan Quinn
5 stars!!!

“Life is bigger than this, live it, love it…prove your existence.”

What a way to start 2017! Meghan Quinn brings a totally different side to her writing ability in this book and from start to finish this book hit me where it hurts…in the heart. The raw emotion poured into every word was apparent in spades and you could tell that certain aspects of this book were written from the heart, from experiences both good and bad.

“It’s not until you face your
/>
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo E8CC8F9A-6FD8-4970-96A3-D8E81B4BD088_zpslg8bewcf.jpg

Beyond beautiful and heartfelt!

Dear Life was so much more than a romance. It was a love story in so many different ways. It was a story about growth, healing, and forgiveness. Forgiving yourself, and forgiving people who don't matter anymore. Learning to love yourself. Learning to trust yourself. God, it was just a little bit of everything.

At points I was crying because this story was so devastatingly beautiful. There were times I was swooning because the love in this story was so amazing in so many different ways. This
Audrey Carlan
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to start this review because I'm still so raw from reading Dear Life. This book is one of those books that changes you. Different facets of the four main characters lives so completely shredded my heart and yet, the author still found a way to repair that tear just as life has a way of working out the kinks.
We evolve.
We grow.
We change.
Every experience we have molds our day to day lives. Being open to each experience and taking part actively is imperative to the outcome. Even when t
Nazanin
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "Hope" Stars

4 Stories, 4 Letters, 4 Lives, 4 POV.

Dear Life,

F*ck you.

Carter
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dear Readers,
Meghan Quinn is known for being Queen of Rom Com. But with Dear Life, she has done something different. She has given us something poignant and thought provoking, something emotional and heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Meghan has given us 4 characters who have nothing in common but the life that has been given to them. Each suffering from something that emotionally and physically cripples them from living life to the fullest. Enter the Dear Life program; a pro
Kate's Corner

Dear Life,

You are a mystery that with the time we have we really won't be able to comprehend.
Each and every saying be it if life gives you lemons then you make lemonade or life throws you a curveball then...just to name a few but these at the best of times just aren't enough to get you through the day hell not even through an hour, a minute or even a second.

What dear life are you trying to teach us? Are we not looking at the big picture?
Why dear life do you pull the carpet from un
Young Adult Conte...: Dear Life by Meghan Quinn - Starting January 27, 2017 53 18 Mar 09, 2017 09:18AM

• Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Lost and Found
  • Limits
  • Crossfire of Love
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • With Love in Sight (Twice Shy, #1)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Drain Me
  • Pieces of Camden
  • Where the Night Ends
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • Yesterday's Tomorrows
  • Justin (Tales of the Shareem, #6)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Irish Rogue (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and
“Be kind. Be Courageous. Do good. Own you. And Prove your existence.” 8 likes
“It’s easy to observe when you sit back and listen, if you truly listen to someone rather than preparing to respond to what they’re saying. It’s the difference in creative listening and reactive listening.” 4 likes