Start by marking “Solis (Modern Descendants, #2)” as Want to Read:
Solis (Modern Descendants, #2)

Solis

(Modern Descendants #2)

Veva Matron is a feisty girl raging with suppressed anger and distrust of men.
Solis Cronus is a blindingly beautiful, Greek god of a guy, who likes to play women.

Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Solis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solis

EscapeNBooks
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Solis by Author L. B. Dunbar, writing as Elda Lore is book two in the Modern Descendants series. It is a paranormal/Greek mythology romance novel.

"I believe in Destiny. I believe in finding the one. The one who will complete me. The other half of me. The one opposite and whole for me."

Solis equals swoon, swoony, swoon. This god-man never stopped. I understood why women followed him around like lost puppy dogs and were happy just to be graced with his shadow. He was too large for life and better
Danielle
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Screw it... I know I said Jan 30th, but I don't want to wait...

Once again, I’m in love with L. B. Dunbar’s writing. I’ll admit, the style of Solis is unique (imo) you might need to be in the mood for it. The flow, the form, the essence of Solis reminds me a rose covered arbor. Vines, both thick and delicate, laced through a solid support, with thorns placed sporadically, and dotted with joyful, bright, sun kissed blossoms. That is Solis.

Veva is wary (okay, nearly petrified) to put any faith in
Jill M
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot damn these descendants get better with each book. I’m pulled into this world where Gods exist and powers ignite. Where secrets are revealed and romance blossoms. Elda takes a modern take on Greek mythology and weaves an exceptional story. She really has a way with words and put her own spin on these stories. A little angst with a mix of romance and some heart pumping sexy times. I look forward to more.
Sylvia
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good gods, these Modern Descendants get better and better!
Solis and Veva are, to say the least, a fiery pair... She trusts no one, and he was a player till he met her. You see a great love story forming with every push and pull of this couple. It is a great addition to the paranormal world, and i am looking forward to the next Modern Descendant!
Sejla
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Elda Lore aka L.B. Dunbar blew my mind with Hades (book #1 in The Modern Descendants series), giving me an unforgettable story of epic proportions  that landed straight on my most favorite reads list of 2016. Of course I was curious to find out if she can manage to keep this high level and what she would make of book #2 about Solis and Veva.

Let me tell you that she didn't disappoint! As a truly gifted wordsmith she took me on a wonderful journey where reality and aspects of Greek mythology were
Tammi
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read to escape. I love to get lost in a story! I was completely entranced by Solis and Veva!!
The first few chapters had me hooked. It had two of my favorite elements a badboy changed by love and an ex b#tch so I knew it was going to be good. What I didn't know was how much I was going to fall in love with this story, their romance, their battles their everything. I couldn't read it fast enough but then I wanted to slow down because I didn't want the story to end.
The fantasy and mythological th
FunUndertheCovers
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Elda Lore has captured the essence of Greek mythology. Solis is a fantastic addition to the Modern Descendants Sereies. The story of Solis and Veva had me hooked from page one. I wanted to fly with Solis and paint with Veva. The return of Hades and Persephone also gave me chills, bringing back all the emotion of the first book, Hades. I absolutely adore Elda Lore's writing and can not wait for the next installment of this amazing and intriguing series.
Rose Auditore
Once again Elda Lore has captured the essence of Greek Mythology. Solis is a fantastic addition to the Modern Descendants series. The story of Solis and Veva had me hooked from page one. I wanted to fly with Solis and paint with Veva. The return of Hades and Persephone also gave me chills, bringing back that feelings from the fist book. I absolutely adore Elda Lore's writing and cannot wait for the next installment of this amazing and intriguing series
Sue M. Van
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Well developed characters, smooth storyline. Definitely hot! More than anything else though was the ups and downs of the 2 main characters. The story keeps the reader guessing straight through until the very end. I would highly recommend this!
Dannah Leizl Alcayaga
Elda Lore – Solis

This book was not what I was expecting.
I don’t read blurbs, and it was a struggle with this book because most of the names were from Greek mythology and I thought it was just coincidence, until I stumbled into the words ‘underworld’, ‘power’, and ‘heaven’ Now my first impression was that the modern world and the myth wasn’t mixed well, there were some scenes that I find awkward, like a bad sitcom that was made for laughs. It did get better as the book progress, though some scene
Lady Heather
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-release
Publication Date: January 30, 2017

photo solis cover.jpg

Blurb

Veva Matron is a feisty girl raging with suppressed anger and distrust of men.
An electric hatred thunders through each of them about the other until one night, lightning strikes. A world of secrets reveals the destiny of two at odds with one another, and clouds the line between love and hate.
Can a lively girl find calm in the stormy tension of a boy made of sunshine and sin
☆Joycedale☆
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off if you know your Greek Mythology, ignore it. While some parts of this stick to the true legends a lot of it kind of takes its own twist and if trying to compare it to what you know you will get confused lol.
However this is an awesome story. Solis knows who he is. Vera is still in the dark. Persephone never told her what was up with "Harris" so she doesn't know anything.
As far as she knows her uncle Zeke is just a whore and Solis is another on a long list of children.
Right off the bat t
Jen
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always loved Greek mythology. I studied it for fun when I was younger.
I was ecstatic when I stumbled across this story.
Its Greek mythology revisited, set in modern times.
This story is an adjusted retelling of Zeus & Hera's kids (whom are destined for each other).
Veva has a huge mistrust of the male species & one male in particular, Solis.
The heroine was strong, fiesty & very set in her ways.
The hero was patient, calm & able to handle the harshness from his love.
Full l
Susan
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Solis! Oh my, Solis! He's sunshine & sin. This series is getting with each book. I'm really looking forward to Heph's book!
Lisa Lawson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I also preordered it on Amazon. Solis is book 2 in the Modern Decendants Series. Persephone and Veva were invited to their Uncle Zeke's home for the summer for some R&R. Veva meets a Greek God of a man she immediately deems a player and wants no part of. Her mother has raised her that all men are untrustworthy, bad, and will leave. But it's something about Solis that seems to be pulling her to him like a moth to a flame. If Solis wants ...more
Chantell Reid
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much good! If you haven't read Hades, you are missing out. This can be read as a stand alone but I really recommend Hades.

Vee is unsure of men and their intentions no matter how good they are. Her mother raised her to be distrusting of all men and to add to it, her father abandoned her.

Solis, a player through and through but down deep he wants to find his one. Suffering from his own abandonment issues and his determination to not fulfill a prophecy, he never saw Vee coming.

Sparks ignite wi
Julia ⏃  ✦ The Romance Rebels ⏃ ✦
The Modern Descendants series by Elda Lore is becoming a fast new favorite of mine! Solis and Veva are two people who couldn't be more perfect for each-other. A feisty young women who has a hard time trusting anyone, and a man who usually gets what he wants.

A fast paced romance that will make your heart SING!

Solis I couldn't help but fall in love with him. When he firsts sets eyes on Veva, he knows he must have her. Soon they begin a friendship of sorts that turn into so much more. Slowly he f
Pam
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Solis gave me all the feels I love to experience when reading a story! I'm not a connoisseur of Greek mythology, having never taken a class in HS or college. I know some of the basics, most popular gods and a few of their stories, but definitely not in detail. I have to look up these characters to get a better detailed understanding of their history/story because the story makes me want to understand the underlying myth. Solis follows the story of Zeus and Hera, but through each of their off-spr ...more
Kali McQuillen
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-arc, 2017-read
Ooh how I loved Solis!!! This book mixes mythology with today's world. I could see everything so perfect, I felt like I was soaring on the windjammer, climbing cliffs, being pushed out of my comfort zone and loving every minute of it.

Veva has not had great relationship experiences. Her own dad showed her men don't stay faithful and stay around. She expects no less from Solis. He's shown everyone that he's a lover but he doesn't do relationships. He makes that known up front so it's no shock to
Holly - Page To Page Reviews
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
When Vera travels to her family friends country estate for the summer with her best friend Persephone she was expecting a relaxing trip away. But she wasn't counting on Solis Cronus. He's a Greek God who controls the skies as well as every women he comes across. He's used to getting every girl he's ever wanted so when he sets his sights on Vera there's only one place he's expecting the two of the to end up. Vera however, has other ideas. There are secrets aplenty in Solis' world, a world that Ve ...more
Katy Birch
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of

This is the story of Veva and Solis.

At 1st Veva loathes Solis because she just sees him as a user, a playboy. But who can say no to a god? Over time she thaws to him, i think the turning point was when they painted. There was more to it. He is determined to prove himself to her. There phrase is "I will follow you". They both hold true to the statement.

We also saw more of Persephony and Hade. I still want to understand what happens with them and the fact they still have to be
K
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While spending the summer break at the estate of a family friend, Veva meets Solis - a man known for leaving a trail of broken hearts. Veva tries to fight her attraction to Solis, but they are destined to be together.
This is a rich, fantastic story full of dreamy romance, exciting drama, interesting revelations and electric passion. I enjoyed these characters so much! Veva is vibrant and feisty and Solis is tempting and irresistible. I highly recommend this book and I just can't wait for the nex
Marinda
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad boy Solis, a player, son of Zeke.
Veva a hot tempered bitch, who thanks to her mother, hates men.
Their world's collide on the estate of Zeke during the summer.
Can Veva be "the one" for Solis? Can he convince her that not all men are to be hated?
Another hit from the author, especially if you enjoy your Greek mythology. I recommend reading Hades first if you can but this can be read as a stand alone and boy does it build.
Independent reviewer for Romance Authors That Rock.
Christine
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story full of flirtatious behavior, fun games and scandal. New and old characters bring some fun to the story and can't wait for the next book to come. A really sexy, romantic love story about destiny and never giving up on what you want!
Margarita
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Solis ☀

I really enjoyed this book. I loved seeing the past characters from the first book. I also liked that Solis found the one in Veva. Can't wait to read the next book. I hope see Solis and Vega in the next book as well as Hades and Persephone.
Heather Copeland
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. However there were parts that confused me, but that could be because I didn't read book one. Can't wait to read more in the series.
Deanna Wiley
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I was so excited to read Solis, thinking it would be just as amazing as Hades. I was not disappointed. Now I impatiently wait to read Heph!!
Bookish Addict
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I read this! After the disappointment with Hades, Solis' story was amazing and the writing had improved. I'm looking forward to continuing the series.
Felicia Semmler
Solis

I like the reimagining of the traditional mythology. I liked the hate to love story and the passion and flair between Solis and Veva. Great read
Selma
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Peacock stars!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alter ego of L.B. Dunbar. A writer of mythical tales in the modern world.

Modern Descendants (3 books)
  • Hades (Modern Descendants, #1)
  • Heph (Modern Descendants, #3)