Start by marking “Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told (Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told #1)” as Want to Read:
Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told (Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told #1)

Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told

(Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told #1)

Let go from her job and feeling lost, Navy Carrington takes a position as coffee-girl at a publicity firm. Their newest client is Carrick Kennely, the former love of her life and her fiercest adversary. She thought she'd let go of the past by playing it safe with book boyfriends—and avoiding frustratingly sexy guys like Carrick.

When Navy's roommate finds the Boyfriend Boo
Published January 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

It's a good and quick read but I have mixed feelings towards it. Navy Carrington works on a new publicity firm after she's cut off from the old job she truly enjoyed. She's living with her best friend, Katya who is sassy, optimistic and carefree. Unlike her, she's a little broken because she can't let go of her past as her High School boyfriend cheated on her. It breaks her heart that her best friend, Claire and her brother, Car
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
LOVE HATE and other LIES WE TOLD ~ 4 Stars

“Love is paradox. Love is contrast. Love is complicated.”

This was a cute second romance. Navy and her roommate Kat were living life and having a good time. Unlike her roommate, Navy is little shy and not at all a serial dater. But things are about to change when Kat challenges Navy with a dare to go on five dates, picking one lucky winner for her Valentine. Navy is not too keen on it but she recently ran into her ex Carrick… well, literally ran like bat
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews

Meh.

I just didnt get this book, the hate on, the connection. It was all just really really meh.

Mare~Slitsread
Jenna
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review also appears on my blog, Reading with Jenna.
I received a review copy of the book from the author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

It’s been a while since I’ve read any women’s lit and Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told was just what I needed during my mini-reading slump. It was light and easy to read. If you’re looking for something fluffy and romantic that is perfect for Valentine’s Day, this is a great novel to pick up.

In this novel, the main character, Navy, is a young woman
Christina
Navy is living her dream in New York City, but dreams can also take the shape of nightmares, and that is her life right now. No dating prospects, a job she hates, and no desire to live outside her world of romance novels, it’s Navy’s friend Kat, that pushes her into action. Her goal is to have a date for Valentine’s Day, a month away. In order to do that, she decides to follow through on a dare to date five different men, hoping that one of them will be that special someone to spend the holiday ...more
Kayla
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like a headstrong female character, Navy is your girl. Even though all signs point to Carrick, she refuses to let herself fall for him. At times you want to bop her so she wakes up to see what is right in front of her but as we all know, we have to let things happen naturally. Delightful weekend read for a relaxing vacation!
Eileen (BookCatPin)
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I decided to read Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told because the synopsis sounded like fun. I enjoyed the book though I think the same synopsis that got me to read the book also gave away too much. The story didn't exactly stand out but I appreciate the character growth.

Throughout the story Navy carried a lot of guilt for something that happened between her and Carrick years ago. It was the foundation of her hatred for him. I thought the thing that plagued her was truthfully underwhelming. I can
Tina
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Everyone needs a best friend like Katya, someone who loves you enough to push you out of your comfort zone but is there to support you when things fall apart. While I enjoy Navy as a character, her relationship with Katya really made this a lovely story. While following a dare seems like a silly thing to do, I think it speaks a lot about their friendship that Navy was willing to go along with the dates to humor her best friend.

If you've ever had experience dating, you'll really enjoy the dates t
Elle
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
***CONTAINS SPOILERS / READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION***

This story is about a girl rediscovering herself… sort of.

For me, Navy Carrington was the type of character you just want to shake because it’s obnoxious to a fault. Luckily, she had some good moments and eventually she made up her mind and put her big girls panties and went for what she wanted.

But before that, she had to endure being bas
Cassandra Giovanni
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swoon

Cover, amazing. Story, swoony -- knee knocking romance with a bit of girl boss in the making. I fell in love with this realistic story from the start. The title is a perfect description of the contents. Bravo!
Whittnae Prchlik
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance

Loved the dare! Could see BFF's coming up with that dare! Happy ending! Quick read and sweet childhood love story.
Donna Was A Scandal
Jan 21, 2017
David Ryan
Mar 17, 2017
Deirdre
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle
Feb 20, 2017
Annie
Jan 24, 2017
Marie
Having read and loved Dierdre Riordan Hall’s Young Adult novels Sugar and Pearl, I was excited to read her debut women’s fiction novel, Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told. I wanted to love this book, but...it hurts my heart to say this...I didn’t. I’ve been reading a lot of women’s fiction lately, and rom-coms are totally my jam, both in book and movie form, so I had high hopes for this one. While the story had good elements and a fun premise, what kept me from ever fully connecting to it was Na ...more
Renee
Jan 21, 2017
Marika
Feb 06, 2018
Deirdre Riordan Hall is the author of the contemporary young adult bestseller Sugar, Pearl, and several YA fantasy novels. When she's not writing, she's probably surfing or in pursuit of magic. She also has a healthy case of wanderlust, is a major Harry Potter nerd, loves chips and salsa, and dreams about learning no less than three languages.

For more, please visit her blog or twitter

Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told (2 books)
  • How Not to Fall in Love (Love, Hate, and Other Lies We Told #2)