Start by marking “Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers” as Want to Read:

The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on straight-forward, medically-sound advice delivered in the warm, funny and straightforward style that has made author Tanya Altmann, MD, FAAP, a favorite on NBC’s Today show.

Beginning
Published October 1st 2008 by American Academy of Pediatrics (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Calls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Calls

Start your review of Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers
Tara
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked how it's broken up into newborn/toddler with the questions. It did help answer some questions I may have in the future.
Kelly Buchanan
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
An often humorous, to-the-point guide based on specific questions compiled by the author during her time answering phones as a practitioner at a pediatric practice.
David
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is a nice overview of the most common health concerns for children. I thought Dr. Altmann's advice about when to call or come into one's pediatrician was great. Although most people who read this aren't going to want to keep turning the pages as with an enthralling novel, I gave it four stars for good information that one can look up as needed. I picked up the book from my pediatrician's office and would be happy to hand it out to my own patients in the future.
Ami
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: expectant or new moms
Great informational book that is really easy to follow. Answers to questions are broken up into Newborn, Infant, and Toddler sections. Covers basic baby care, feeding, pooping, illnesses, development, and more. There is also a really chart that break down development milestones including motor skills, language, and social awareness.
Hilary
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
A few useful things to remember, but most of it was like a summary of the other parenting books I've read. I suppose you could use it as a "tester" book, and then read more on what you need, but it wasn't as useful as I'd hoped.
Carrie
Jun 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book to have around whenever I am in doubt of what to do when Thomas is sick, has a rash, etc. It also saves me a trip to the ped. all the time or calling. A must have book on your coffee table. Thanks Rae!
Melissa
Nov 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all mothers
Recommended to Melissa by: The Today Show
Shelves: boston-baby
Overall a pretty good book. There were chapters that I didn't think were very applicable, but that could be just me. The info that I found to apply, were really helpful.
Kaye
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book had some good information, but the layout wasn't particularly useful, either for straight reading, or as a reference book.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Funny and informative.
Danice
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Great little guide that answers all the little questions.
Ashley M Ritchie
Gorkem Kucukguldal
Dec 09, 2018
Traci
Sep 08, 2015

• The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
  • Fingersmith
  • Spinning Silver
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: The Apocalypse Suite
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 4
  • The Fourth Trimester: Understanding, Protecting, and Nurturing an Infant through the First Three Months
  • Prince of Cats
  • The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2)
  • Sense and Sensibility