Start by marking “Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)

Daughter of the Pirate King

(Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  23,121 ratings  ·  4,088 reviews
There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.

Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate
Published February 28th 2017 by Feiwel Friends

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra ClareKing's Cage by Victoria AveyardCarve the Mark by Veronica RothCaraval by Stephanie GarberFlame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
YA Novels of 2017
1,084 books — 8,382 voters
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. MaasThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanA Conjuring of Light by V.E. SchwabCaraval by Stephanie Garber
Best Books of 2017
1,524 books — 2,864 voters

More lists with this book...

·  23,121 ratings  ·  4,088 reviews

شيماء ✨
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
please don't leave me alone with this book we both know we don't like each other and it's awkward.

sometimes, the “DNF” option isn’t enough. sometimes, you just have to reinforce the idea by chucking the book in the bin in a moment of utterly unbridled rage. just to be sure.

look. I’m trying to stop being a hater but it’s just so hard.......when there are so many things………….that actively need my hate.

Too many books owe me my money and time back and this book is on the forfront of that list. I co
Emily May
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2017
It should not be this difficult to stay prisoner on a pirate ship. This is the second time I’ve had to stage my own capture. Ridiculous.

3 1/2 stars. This was a whole lot of fun for the most part! My few complaints are not really huge issues, but more "this could have been a lot better if..." However, it was a decent debut and I'll be looking out for the next in the series (quick warning: the title of the sequel is kind of a spoiler for part of this book).

Daughter of the Pirate King has a rathe
Chelsea Humphrey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Jess (Primrose)
I found myself with a little extra time on my hands last week, so I decided to throw aside all of my review copies and pick up this little beauty from the library. It is rare that I get a chance to read books on hold anymore, and ESPECIALLY rare that I can pick up a library book and read it that same day! I was just looking for something entertaining, a great escape that could take me away for a bit into somewhere else, and this was the perfect read for such an occasion. I can't express how exci ...more
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
AmazingAmazingAmazing!
I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. I love the protagonist and her personality. The story is not particularly fast but it is very captivating and makes you want to keep delving deeper into this world. I love the whole pirates concept and reading from the perspective of the daughter of the pirate king adds to the whole effect.

The book starts off with our protagonist disguised as a man and her ship is currently being attacked. She surrenders and is captured
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was in my March Owlcrate, I'm a bit late reading it.

I loved this book. The pirate captain, Princess Alosa, was bad to the bone and I loved it!

Alosa was taken by another pirate and his crew. Captain Draxen and his brother Riden thought they got lucky by capturing the pirate king's daughter. Ha, little did they know.

******SOME SPOILERS******

Alosa was sent to this ship by her own father, to be taken as a prisoner. She is on a quest to find some maps. She has to pretend she's not as bad @sse
Lola
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pirates, romance
3.5 stars.

Pirates are definitely not popular in YA literature.

But they should be! At least a little more. Because pirates are so interesting. Also practically extinct in real life, which makes them all the more fascinating in books.

Alosa is not just any pirate. She is the daughter of the pirate king, as the title very clearly states. But more than that, she has a certain special ability that makes her almost unbeatable.

She’s on a mission for her father. Will she find the map she so fervently see
Ida
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars!

Oh boy. Daughter of the Pirate King fulfills all promises and more. This is definitely one of my best reads in 2017.

"I value brilliant minds, honest souls, and those with long endurance. I forge relationships based on trust and mutual respect, not fear and control."

description

Update: 27.10.17

I will admit I love a sassy character, and Alosa could definitely give Celaena Sardothien a run for her money when it comes to wits and brutality.

description

I wont say shes exactly like Captain Jack Sparrows (bec
Katerina
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2017-reads
Ahoy, mates!

Have you re-watched The Pirates of the Caribbean so many times you know every scene by heart?
Have you ever wished you could wield a sword and battle sea-beasts, explore bright blue oceans and listen to the song of sirens?
Are you fascinated by hidden treasures and pirate rivalries?
And, most importantly, do you like your books uplifting, of the put-a-huge-grin-on-your-face variety?

If you answered yes at least once, then lo and behold! You just found your new obsession!

“Oh, the ridi
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★

On a beautiful and sunny day, there was a girl sit on a bench. Her best friend who walked by saw her and she approached her to say hi

Me : *sits on a bench with gloomy demeanor*

My best friend : Hey! ... I wanted to ask you about how your day is but ... I thought better of it.

My best friend : *sits on a bench beside me*

My best friend : Is there something you want to tell me?

Me : *takes a deep breath and shows this book*

Me : Yes, there is. This book is the reason why I'm in such a bad mood. So
emma
Jan 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
this review is posted now!! which is good b/c i definitely haven't hit my talking-about-how-much-i-hate-this-book quota. find it here: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

-------------

I have a nemesis now.

I’ve long wondered whether the natural next step in my evil-genius career is to find a nemesis. I have the excess time and aimless fury to direct to it. I have no problem holding years-long grudges for things such as “he should have picked up on my entirely unexpressed infatuation with him
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
When I was younger I was totally crazy about the movies „Pirates of the Caribbean“.
First of all: Orlando Bloom. I totally had a thing for him.
Second: Captain Jack Sparrow aka Johnny Depp aka the coolest Pirate in the world.
This book is like a book version of pirates of the Caribbean with a female badass Captain Jack Sparrow called Arosa who is also the daughter of the pirate king.
I was addicted from the start. Mostly because I loved the main character and her sassy personality.

Cha
Alyssa
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
Fun. Entertaining. Empowering. Cute. I looking forward to reading book two.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Book One of the Daughter of the Pirate King series
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publication Date: February 28, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

A 17-year-old pirate captain intentionally allows herself to get captured by enemy pirates in this thrilling YA adventure.

Sent on a mission to
Cait • A Page with a View
"All in all, I'd say he's a cocky bastard."

2.5 stars. Ok most of my friends loved this book, but for some reason I was mostly irritated the whole way through. I loved the idea of the book... there's really not much that could disappoint me about female pirates + a cocky first mate.

But I wasn't that into Alosa's narration. I didn't need to hear quite so much about her entire thought process for everything and found the tone to be super young (even though the almost-parody aspect of it was fun)
Sana
This was such a kickass, action packed and fun story about PIRATES and a super badass FEMALE PIRATE!!!! This book is not perfect and has so so many flaws which kind of bothered me (mainly the writing) but, it was just. so. fun!

Review to come.

-----
The main character reminds me of Merida from Brave and on top of that she's a badass pirate??? My two favorite things????? Wow, I'm pumped.
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
“Oh, the ridiculous things one has to do when one is a pirate.”

OMG so good!!! I love this book <3 Honestly it is probably one of my favorite books this year! As I had mentioned before, I am no fan of the cover. So I ended up just reading getting the ePUB, but man I adore this book so much I might buy a hard copy despite my dislike for the cover.

This book is a fast-paced, fun, action-packed pirate adventure, filled with manipulation, cunning, thievery, romance, humor and a great helping of
Eryn
4 STARS

I literally had zero updates for this novel - BUT, that's because I read it during a 6 hour flight today. It was that enjoyable and gripping. However, even though I read it so quickly and found myself grinning nearly every chapter, I do have a few complaints.

First, can we talk about how refreshing it was to have a female character that wasn't all afraid to kill someone? I'm honestly tired of characters saying they are "assassins" even though they never kill anyone. Alosa was not like that
Jessica
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun!

For the record, I’ve always loved pirates. Back in 6th grade I was OBSESSED with pirates. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest came out that year and fueled the fire to my obsession.

So back to this book, I loved the premise. The main character, Alosa, sets up her own kidnapping so that she can steal a map. How clever and a nice twist!

Alosa is such a badass. She’s the pirate queen I never knew I needed. Not only is she smart and a great fighter, but she’s also part
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
Review also found at:

Okay, review time! Let's see. I really didn't have any expectations going in. I recently read To Kill a Kingdom which has pirates, but unfortunately was disappointed. Daughter of the Pirate King is what I wanted from that book. It's more fun, the banter between the main character and the romantic interest was well done, and it was just generally more to my style of preference.

Alosa is the daughter of the pirate king. He is king because
Riley
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
After DNF-ing a shitty pirate book last month I was hesitant to read this. But I was pleasantly surprised. I finished it all in one sitting because it was super fun and fast paced. I really liked the main character and how she was always one step ahead of everyone. And her banter with another pirate was A+!
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
This was an extremely fun read. I loved Alosa! So fierce, sarcastic and intelligent. Loved the slow burning romance. Loved the action and twists.
Jacqueline
4.5/5 stars

For some reason reading this now I got so much more out of it? I'm really wanting to do a discussion video for this book because there is just so much I have to say! My biggest con with this book is how I wish we got more plot wise when it came to the world but I can already tell this was just setting up the world plot up for the second book! Bought to start it now :)

______________________________________________

February 16,2017

4.25/5 stars

Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
“Oh, the ridiculous things one has to do when one is a pirate.”

I've read this book twice now and I know I'll be reading it again. It's the perfect book for when you are in a slump - it's light, funny and PIRATES!!!

I read this book again this month, as it was picked as a group read in my Facebook Group TBR and Beyond (you're welcome to join!). I was really excited about reading it again, because I wanted to be ready for that sequel that is coming later this month. Was the reread as good as I r
Rachel E. Carter
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-paperback
Snarky. Fast-paced. Easy 5 stars. My favorite kind of YA fantasy fun!

Aghhhh, so good -I binge read this in the course of a night! Sure, it was a bit unbelievable (heroine perfect at everything, an enemy pirateship of mostly young, attractive men, convenient timing of several events, etc) but if you can suspend your skepticism and enjoy this book for the good fun it is (think YA Pirates of the Caribbean) then you'll find yourself a great new read: snarky/feisty YA heroine (who can definitely save
maram ☂︎
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining.

The synopsis sounds pretty badass. Also, I've never read a book about pirates so I'm excited to jump on this one :)
Nastassja
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of books about pirates

Pirates... PIRATES... What can I say: I love pirates and when I heard this books was inspired by the best pirate movie ever *points at the Pirates of the Caribbean* I knew I had an appointment with this book. To say that I am 100% satisfied after our meeting? Nope. But to say I really enjoyed the fun ride I had along with the characters? Aye, aye, I did indeed.

If you look at the Daughter of the Pirate King under originality lens, you probably won't find anything really original about it: we hav

Anja H.
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 BADASS STARS*

"Everyone has something dark in their past. I suppose it's our job to overcome it. And if we can’t overcome it, then all we can do is make the most of it."

I've always had a weak spot for pirates.
It's my kryptonite.
It all started a few years ago when I discovered captain Jack Sparrow (who doesn't love him?!) and this book I used to read on Wattpad called A Pirates Kiss. This book now comes third on my list of favorite pirate-related stories!

Since I've been sick the past cou
Fables&Wren
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

Pirates are an all time favorite for me. I don't know what I love about them, but I absolutely love them. And a book about a pirate princess is like the "holy grail" for me. This story had a great plot and great potential. And for the most part, it did not disappoint.

I do want to state one thing: There is a difference between cocky and confident, and this pirate princess was very, very cocky herself. She talked about how great she was all the time and how she could get any guy
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

WARNING: THAR BE SPOILAGE

I’ve come to the conclusion that there are two types of grown women in the world. Those who love Disney and all of its princesses and then there’s me . . . .

I don’t understand how the other half thinks and they probably feel the same about me. That being said, I requested this from the library after seeing it being equated to “a female version of Jack Sparrow” which had me immediately going . . . .

If I had
Candace Robinson
The pirate life was not for me in this one...
Jackie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK I READ THE ENTIRE LAST 2/3 OF IT IN ONE SITTING. ALOSA IS SUCH A KICKASS PIRATE AND I WANNA BE HERRRRRR.

honestly, i love any and all stories about pirates (if you have any recs hmu!!!) and this one was so good! i was definitely entertained throughout the entire book and it has become a new favourite of mine (despite it's few flaws here and there).

it (kinda) features a HATE-TO-LOVE relationship which i am absolute trash for and even if the romance happens quite quickly, i will
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Song of the Current (Song of the Current, #1)
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)
  • Revenge and the Wild
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Exposed (Captive, #2)
  • Oceanborn (The Aquarathi, #2)
  • The Truelove Bride
  • Cutlass
  • The Sandcastle Empire
  • The Hearts We Sold
  • Amber & Dusk
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss, #1)
  • Sky in the Deep
  • Waters of Salt and Sin (Uncommon World, #1)
Initially from a small town in Oregon, Tricia now lives next to the Rocky Mountains with her bossy dog, Rosy. She received her degree in English Language and editing and is thrilled that she never has to read a textbook again. When she’s not writing or reading, Tricia enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, playing volleyball, playing OVERWATCH, and watching shows while eating extra-buttered popco ...more

Daughter of the Pirate King (2 books)
  • Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2)
“I am me because I choose to be me. I am what I want. Some people say you have to find yourself. Not I. I believe we create ourselves to be what we want.” 102 likes
“Everyone has something dark in their past. I suppose it's our job to overcome it. And if we can’t overcome it, then all we can do is make the most of it.” 62 likes