Start by marking “Shelter (Getaway, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shelter (Getaway, #2)

Shelter

(Getaway #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  1,715 Ratings  ·  294 Reviews
His life is chaos and confusion. It’s a storm of uncertainty and raging emotion.

Sutton Warner is a mess. Everything in his life feels like it’s unraveling.

He’s let a lot of people down lately, including his daughter. Sutton always promised his little girl he would never disappoint her and that he would always be there when she needed him. Until he wasn’t.

The truth is, h
Paperback
Published December 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Shelter, please sign up.
Asteropê Publisher: Jay Crownover LLC (December 26, 2017)
Publication Date: December 26, 2017

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

There isn't a book from Jay Crownover that I didn't enjoy.I love her stories and her writing is addictive!Shelter was another great story!It's about forgiveness and love. Sutton and Emrys are so broken but also they are strong and determined.

"Your heart's bruised, too, Em. It's sore and tired of being kicked around. Give me a shot to take care of it. I'll do my best to trust you with the pieces of mine you've been collecting from the start. You found them, it's only fair to keep them."

Th
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

“I never realized my heart was looking for shelter. A place that would harbor it safe and sound for all those complicated emotions. “

We do love our cowboys and we sure are devouring the Getaway Series by Jay Crownover, starting with Retreat and now Shelter. Each book has been a hit, providing emotion, passion and suspense.

Retreat was Cyrus, the eldest Warner brother, and Leora’s love story, and in that we briefly met Emrys and middle brother, single Dad, Sutton, and itching to learn
Karen Mc
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“We’ve been on a collision course from day one. We were always going to crash into one another.”

I love the authors who ditch the ordinary for the extraordinary, who take risks in their writing, who deliver the different to readers. Every time I open a book by Jay Crownover, I know it’s going to be a voyage into unchartered territory. Just like all of Jay Crownover’s other out-of-the box books, Shelter is UNIQUE, UNPREDICTABLE, and UTTERLY BRILLIANT. The Getaway series continues to be one INC
Shayna
This series is just THE BEST! I’ve never met a Jay Crownover romance I didn’t like, so I was INCREDIBLY EXCITED to dive into the next book in her amazing Getaway Series! Sutton Warner and Emrys Santos are our main characters and they are just a mess! Broken, beaten inside and out, these two have been through hell and they’ve never figured out how to heal. When our determined heroine finally finds out how, she travels back to the “scene of the crime” and pushes our stubborn as sin hero to face th ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

4.5 Stars

Erika
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
¿Qué puedo decir?
Los libros de Jay Crownover son sexys...y Shelter es sexy....peeerroooo...No lo sé, no pudo engancharme...no setí "la conexión" entre los personajes..Lujuria, sí, momentos, también; pero cuando pasaban seguía preguntándome por qué ese par estaba junto.
No ayudaron lo enormes diálogos mentales de cada uno, las lasgas reflexiones sobre su vida o el por qué hacían las cosas...Siempre digo que es mejor que me muestren hechos que me lleven a entender, que simplemente me lo digan ya di
Pam Nelson
5 Shelter Stars

This book starts off intense with the history that Sutton and Emrys share.
You can’t help but feel for them and all the suffering they have to go through. Their story isn’t for the faint of heart it is rough and raw and takes a toll on both of them.

Healing isn’t easy no matter the attraction; I very much enjoyed Sutton and his gruff ways. My heart hurt for him being who he is he doesn’t like weakness and he has to hit bottom before he can become the man he wants to be.

Em needs t
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review to come!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

ARC received for an honest review

I haven't read the first book, Retreat (even though I bought it when it first came out) however this did not affect my reading of Shelter.

Boy, what a ride. Sutton and Emrys' story is not always an easy one to read (not the writing, the content). However right from their devastating start, I was hooked.

As I was reading, Taylor Dane's song "Shelter" ran through my head quite often, and it really is the them song of our lovelies relationship.

Sutton could have tu
RentasticReads
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Breathe in, breathe out. Man, this book was beyond what I could probably say as one of the wildest rides I’ve ever read in my life. It was definitely a difficult and painful tale to take in, but will no doubt cling to your heart and soul long after you’ve set the book down. This is yet just another proof of what I truly adore about Jay Crownover and her writing—she pushes you to the edge of your limits, but she also knows exactly where to draw the line. It certainly makes for an incredibly memor ...more
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

This series only gets better and better. I started Shelter knowing that it was going to be hard to put down and knowing my feels would be going all over the place. And you know what? I was right. Once I started this book, I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. You don’t have time to be bored in this book as there is always something happening.

Emrys and Sutton both have a lot of issues to solve due to the events from Retreat (hint, go read
Alexandra
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I received an Advanced Reader Copy, in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I really liked how the story moved from one couple to the other. There is a good flow in this series that takes you from one troubled pair to the next. I liked Sutton's and Emrys's story. Both have emotional scars and fears and both try to deal with every way they can. One with the wrong way and the other with the hardest but good one. There is no backtracking with this
Three Chicks
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Cy Warner is the older Warner brother. He’s protective, no nonsense and headstrong. People fear and respect him. Lane is the youngest Warner brother. He’s laid back, easy going and always with a smile. He’s the one people like to talk to. Then there’s Sutton. He the classic middle child, he goes with the flow, makes the best of whatever situation is thrown his way. Basically he tries to keep everyone happy, he’s ultimate people pleaser.

Lately, Sutton Warner is far from t
Lynsey A
I can't stand the cover model on this book. LOL This is the image I am trying to work with while reading it:

**After Reading**

I tried so hard to like this book and slap me for it but I couldn't get past the cover model!!! I hate it! Not even my gorgeous gif of Chris Hemsworth could help me. LOL

No, seriously, the book was ok but compared to the first one in the series, it just fell majorly short for me. It just didn't have the same intensities as the first one. There were also a couple of contin
A Leisure Moment
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It happens to the best of us sometimes. We get into a reading funk, where nothing we start, keeps us reading with excitement until the very last page. I'll even be honest, I haven't had the urge to write a review in months. But give me a book by Jay Crownover. Any book. A poem, an article, a newsletter. I'm on it. Immediately. I will not hesitate to drop whatever I'm doing to dive into her characters.

Whose lives are at the forefront of ranch living this time? Emrys and Sutton. Victims of a majo
Heroesinbooks
4 Sutton and Emrys Stars

Excellent Second Book in Series. Probably best to read this in order but you could read it as a standalone.
Sutton and Emrys went through a hideously traumatic experience together. It broke both of them for a while but maybe meeting up and healing together is the answer. Sutton is reluctant. Emrys is determined. Together they will either crash and burn or they will rise above all that has happened and come out of it stronger.
Great secondary characters. Dark themes but mi
Born To Read
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emrys and Sutton lived a horrible situation in the past. It was told in the first book. They were kidnapped by some drug dealers and they were hurt.
After that, Sutton felt guilty because he hadn't protected Emerys as he would have liked. So, he can't stand being near her. And his life becomes a chaos.
But Emrys is not willing to forget the strong connection she feels with this man. So she comes back to Wyoming.
They are affected by another situation concerning Sutton's ex. And everything become
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
As a longtime fan of Jay Crownover, I always look forward to each new release. After the harrowing climax at the end of Retreat, however, I was particularly anxious to return to The Getaway Series for Emrys and Sutton’s story. The cowboy and the city girl didn’t part on the best terms, leaving unresolved feelings and unfinished business between them. In Shelter, the two are reunited in the Wyoming wilderness with more adventure and romance in store for them. Theirs is a love story that’s heartbr ...more
Mandy
Loved this book! Fantastic characters and lots of sexy times, angst, and a bit of mystery and suspense. I really enjoyed this story and can't wait for the next book in this series!
Callixta
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
J’ai replongé avec délices dans cette très bonne série de Jay Crownover. Elle avait déjà écrit un premier tome qui nous plongeait dans un univers différent de ceux qu’elle exploite habituellement. Cette série se déroule au grand air, celui du Wyoming, dans un ranch devenu lieu de retraite pour des riches touristes avides de calme et de ayant besoin de se ressourcer. C’est comme cela que le premier couple s’était rencontré. le ranch est tenu par trois frères, les Warner. L’aîné, Cy, avait rencont ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
Jay Crownover is a master of her craft. I have read and loved everything she has written. She is one of my favorite authors and Shelter is another example as to why.

After reading Retreat we can imagine what might be in store for these characters. A story of pain, of healing, and perhaps of forgiveness. Fast paced and full of action, mystery, tender moments, and some seriously steamy scenes. I am so in love with these characters and the emotional rollercoaster they took me on.

While I loved the ch
BookWorm 221
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arcs-2017
www.bookworm221.tumblr.com

There really isn't a Jay Crownover book that I haven't loved, her writing is always on point and always manages to grab my attention from the get go.

In Shelter, Sutton and Em are trying to come to terms with the events that brought them together in the past, these events affected them deeply and this book is about them finding solace, comfort and love with one another, but apart from the love story we get to see the inner workings of a wonderful family and how they alwa
Skylar
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I flove this series. Jay Crownover ...IDK how she sucks me in...well, actually I do. She's a f*cking fantastic writer. I waited FOREVErrrrr for this to come out and I can say it was worth it. As I was reading it, I said to myself, "This is why I love to read." It was full of angst done right and beautifully. Sutton is a train wreck that I fell for. I was pleasantly surprised that J.C. added a murder mystery into the plot (along with the required weird names and the H jacking off in front of the ...more
Lindsey
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sutton and Em have gone through so much and the struggle continues. Everyone goes through something in their life. How you handle it and the people that are there for you will speak volumes of how you come out of that rough patch. Sutton and Em are each other’s shelter from the bad.
Your heart breaks for Daye and what she has to go through at such a young age.
The bad guy becomes pretty clear at one point, but I didn’t understand the why yet.
I’m curious to see what the last Warner brother will
-C-
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sutton and Emrys are two characters who simply need each other to move on from their shared past, and when they finally realize it, it is a wonderful thing.

This was one of those journeys where each character has as much to learn as the other and the road they have to travel is not an easy one. I loved watching them work to heal themselves and the other.
Nomims
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

As usual with Jay's books i have a little time adjusting to her writing, because there's not a lot of dialogues, very big paragraph and overall very dense.

Once i got used to it i enjoyed it better than the fisrt one. It felt also a little more twisted and somber but i'm glad there wasn't too much drama between them.

Overall i had a good time and i was really into it.

I'm curious about Lane and Brynn's story but also a bit affraid ...

Heather andrews
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sutton is a complicated man, with some deep stuff going on but he can be so sweet, “you tell me what you need and I’ll do my best to give it to you, Em. That’s about all I can promise.” I brushed my lips across hers and felt them tremble. “I’m gonna go check on Daye and then put you to bed.” Sutton is always willing to go that extra mile with his girl, "...his weight pressed my back into the mattress and his eyes blazed into mine as he growled, “You got one more to give me, Em?” I loved this boo ...more
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

Sutton and Emrys have a history that starts in the first book in the series, but is recapped at the beginning of this one, so even if you haven't read the first (you should, by the way) you will easily be able to follow the story. There are definitely spoilers from the first story in this, so I would suggest reading them in order, but you don't have to in order to fully enjoy this story.

And, then I come to the fact that this book is impossible to
Bette Hansen
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Fantastic story as we get to see how things work out with Sutton and Em. This is a series that is definitely best read in order starting with Retreat. That's where Sutton and Em's story really begins and continues with this book. Looking forward to Land's story next!!
Nicole Jackman
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I saw a post on Facebook for a free give away of this book “Shelter” for iBook readers, and thought “I don’t usually win stuff like this but I’ll try because let’s face it, it’s Jay Crownover. You never know”. When I got the email with the voucher code I was ecstatic! I knew that I was going to love it because it’s hers and I own every book released. But all I can say is WOW!! I know that there are people out there who go through life thinking “when will something good happen to me”, so this ...more
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more

Getaway (3 books)
  • Retreat (Getaway, #1)
  • Escape (Getaway, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)