Start by marking “Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)

Chaos Awakens

(Dragons of the Nether #1)

For hundreds of years, the orcs and humans of Doros have shared an uneasy peace. It shatters in an instant with the botched assassination of a human priest in the orc capital. Hell bent on revenge, the humans take up arms as the orc monarchy crumbles from outside interference.

Now Tace, the unlucky assassin, is on the run. It's soon clear, however, that her mistake hasn't
393 pages
Published 2017 by 80 Pages, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Chaos Awakens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos Awakens

Start your review of Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)
Pippa DaCosta
A new series by Meg?! With dragons and orcs?! Why yes, I think I will be reading this.

Matt aka
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chaos Awakens by Megg Jensen is a great epic fantasy novel that I very much enjoyed. There are plenty of interesting characters with the main characters being a female orc assassin, a human male priest, and a female orc princess. They form an unusual team as humans and orcs head towards a war at a time they need to team-up against a godly enemy. There are plenty of intimate moments and character development mixed in with action and epic threats to the world.

This book is everything that a good f
A.M.
I’m going to have write this down as I go - there are rather a lot of characters.

Tace, a female orc assassin, misses her target. He’s dead but the gods will know it wasn’t by her hand.
Hugh, a human priest working in the orc lands, was her target but he’s also the father of the queen, and his death sparks an invasion by her armies who have trained for ten years. [how is a celibate priest the father of the queen without being the king? It does say she married a nothing male so sh
Jason Hubbard
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Epic fantasy fans
"Chaos Awakens" is said to appeal to fans of "Game of Thrones" (or, to all you book nerds out there, "A Song of Ice and Fire"). With its cast of morally-gray characters and a narrative that darts back and forth between great distances, it very well might. Of course, what "Song" fans love about those books is their depiction of people in power and people's very perception of power, as well as the deep philosophy within their pages. "Chaos" has only a little of that, focusing more on the might of ...more
Tre Talbot
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great fantasy read that incorporates both humans and Orcs together as they head into a battle. We’re taken on the journey with the main characters for an unbelievable ride but the side characters are wonderful as well. The storyline flowed smoothly and at a consistent pace that kept me interested and wanting to know what will happen next. Although this is book one only, I feel as though we’re provided with a good amount of closure on these characters. I will definitely be looking into ...more
Fiona Andrew
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always Megg Jensen delivers, a great start to a brand new series. The death of a human in an Orc town turns out to be the catalyst to a powerful enemy. Orcs, humans, elves, a faun, a unicorn and a dragon all come together to fight and d feat the first Xarlug who rises from beneath the Orc city. What will the future hold for all the races?
Thomas Huntley
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun adventure with interesting characters

This is an adventure that keeps you wondering what will happen next. This was the first in a series. The only downside is this first book ends abruptly - like it wasn't well thought out. While it left me wanting to read more, I wanted a better transition. Overall, however, really enjoyed the book and would recommend it.
Aurora
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. The take on orc culture was great and I also appreciated the varied cast of characters. However, near the end characters had too many premonitions out of nowhere for my taste, and the final battle was resolved by way of deus ex machina. Still, I'm curious to see what the next book in the series will hold.
Jim Pike
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this story!! Very well written, and characters that you learn to care for. I had a hard time stopping reading, so I could sleep. Immediately started reading the next book in the series. Great book, and I highly recommend it.
Stephen
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that you really dislike at the beginning, but after a few chapters it grows on you and then you start loving the story and characters. You will be glad you stuck with it. Great Reading Everyone!
Fred
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyably unpredictable

A good book,heartfelt with regular believable human interactions.Megg does a good job at mixing the story line up to create a new adventure!
Rob Baker
Inventive, exciting, witty fantasy! Megg Jensen knows how to spin a tale that keeps the reader engrossed, surprised, laughing, and wanting more!
Jennifer Kellie
This book took me right back to my WoW days... All I can say is: FOR THE HORDE!!!
Nancy Sennett
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book

I had a hard time putting down this book. A lot of characters to take in. Very enjoyable read. I highly recommend it.
Keith Hart
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book with compelling story line.
Mattias
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Stopped reading when a magical unicorn showed up. Also: too many characters and point of views to my taste.
Danielle
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Megg Jensen's new series is of to a wonderful start. I really enjoyed the us of other mythical creatures as main protagonists. Also orcs not necessarily being any worse or better than any other species. The world building was good and came to life in my imagination. My only complaint is I now have to wait for book two.
Karl Poff
Apr 11, 2019
Barbara Dunbar
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chaos Awakens

Action, violence, romance, elves and more. Old prejudices must be eliminated and a renewal of faith in good with magic thrown in.
Sharon L. Irish
Feb 19, 2019
Jeffrey Baker
Jun 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Summernight (Bridge of Legends, #1)
  • Fire and Sword (Sword and Sorcery, #1)
  • Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor, #1)
  • Sei Thrillers (Sei Assassin Thriller, #1-3)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • Wolves of Wisteria (Wisteria Witches Mysteries - City Hall, #1)
  • Dream Stalker (Talented, #1)
  • Rookie Privateer (Privateer Tales #1)
  • Goblin
  • Born to Magic (Tales of Nevaeh, #1)
  • The Unbreakable Curse (Accursed Archangels, #1)
  • Child of the Ghosts (Ghosts, #1)
  • Once Called Magic (The Oconic Gates Book 1)
  • The Arch of Avooblis (Adventurers' Academy #1)
  • The Son of Nepal
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Trilogy (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1-3)
  • Twisted
  • Conquest (The SciFan Universe #1)
Megg Jensen is a two-time USA Today bestselling author of epic fantasy.

No stranger to top ten lists on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the iBookstore, Megg's novels have garnered millions of downloads, attracting fans from all over the world.

She lives in Chicago with her husband, kids, and two insane miniature schnauzers.