Start by marking “Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)

Chaos Awakens

(Dragons of the Nether #1)

For hundreds of years, the orcs and humans of Doros have shared an uneasy peace. It shatters in an instant with the botched assassination of a human priest in the orc capital. Hell bent on revenge, the humans take up arms as the orc monarchy crumbles from outside interference.

Now Tace, the unlucky assassin, is on the run. It's soon clear, however, that her mistake hasn't
393 pages
Published 2017 by 80 Pages, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Chaos Awakens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos Awakens

Start your review of Chaos Awakens (Dragons of the Nether, #1)
Pippa DaCosta
A new series by Meg?! With dragons and orcs?! Why yes, I think I will be reading this.

Matt aka
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chaos Awakens by Megg Jensen is a great epic fantasy novel that I very much enjoyed. There are plenty of interesting characters with the main characters being a female orc assassin, a human male priest, and a female orc princess. They form an unusual team as humans and orcs head towards a war at a time they need to team-up against a godly enemy. There are plenty of intimate moments and character development mixed in with action and epic threats to the world.

This book is everything that a good f
Isabel Rincón
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Se veía venir.

Los personajes en Chaos Awakens están tan desconectados de una caracterización decente como el mundo que habitan de cualquier lógica, bases sólidas o coherencia. Hay demasiados puntos de vista y eso, además de distraer y confundir, solamente asegura que el lector note las fallas y hoyos en la obra. Ni hablar de la trama que hace uso excesivo de las profecías salidas de mis nalgas para impulsar a personajes a hacer cosas y ahorrarse el esfuerzo de tener que elaborar en ellos.

Un cúmu
A.M.
I’m going to have write this down as I go - there are rather a lot of characters.

Tace, a female orc assassin, misses her target. He’s dead but the gods will know it wasn’t by her hand.
Hugh, a human priest working in the orc lands, was her target but he’s also the father of the queen, and his death sparks an invasion by her armies who have trained for ten years. [how is a celibate priest the father of the queen without being the king? It does say she married a nothing male so she’s not ruler thro
Jason Hubbard
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Epic fantasy fans
"Chaos Awakens" is said to appeal to fans of "Game of Thrones" (or, to all you book nerds out there, "A Song of Ice and Fire"). With its cast of morally-gray characters and a narrative that darts back and forth between great distances, it very well might. Of course, what "Song" fans love about those books is their depiction of people in power and people's very perception of power, as well as the deep philosophy within their pages. "Chaos" has only a little of that, focusing more on the might of ...more
P. Bellis
Nearing mid point - will edit review when finished

I'm wondering if the book is written for a younger audience...?
So many scenes and situations are over simplified and lacking in depth and information, to the point where they seem unrealistic.
And the human army, having been in training for a decade, but seem to know little to nothing about going on campaign or acting like soldiers. And don't get me started on the General....
Also so many adults acting like bickering children - although that migh
Tre Talbot
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great fantasy read that incorporates both humans and Orcs together as they head into a battle. We’re taken on the journey with the main characters for an unbelievable ride but the side characters are wonderful as well. The storyline flowed smoothly and at a consistent pace that kept me interested and wanting to know what will happen next. Although this is book one only, I feel as though we’re provided with a good amount of closure on these characters. I will definitely be looking into ...more
Fiona Andrew
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always Megg Jensen delivers, a great start to a brand new series. The death of a human in an Orc town turns out to be the catalyst to a powerful enemy. Orcs, humans, elves, a faun, a unicorn and a dragon all come together to fight and d feat the first Xarlug who rises from beneath the Orc city. What will the future hold for all the races?
Thomas Huntley
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun adventure with interesting characters

This is an adventure that keeps you wondering what will happen next. This was the first in a series. The only downside is this first book ends abruptly - like it wasn't well thought out. While it left me wanting to read more, I wanted a better transition. Overall, however, really enjoyed the book and would recommend it.
Aurora
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. The take on orc culture was great and I also appreciated the varied cast of characters. However, near the end characters had too many premonitions out of nowhere for my taste, and the final battle was resolved by way of deus ex machina. Still, I'm curious to see what the next book in the series will hold.
Jim Pike
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this story!! Very well written, and characters that you learn to care for. I had a hard time stopping reading, so I could sleep. Immediately started reading the next book in the series. Great book, and I highly recommend it.
Stephen
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that you really dislike at the beginning, but after a few chapters it grows on you and then you start loving the story and characters. You will be glad you stuck with it. Great Reading Everyone!
Fred
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyably unpredictable

A good book,heartfelt with regular believable human interactions.Megg does a good job at mixing the story line up to create a new adventure!
Rob Baker
Inventive, exciting, witty fantasy! Megg Jensen knows how to spin a tale that keeps the reader engrossed, surprised, laughing, and wanting more!
JAMIE FRATES
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Awesome book! Great read and keeps you going to the end. Would highly recommend to anyone who is a fantasy buff.

Miriam Knight
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start..more and more please!!
Gay Deputee
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Victory is achieved when we all work together!

All the races and creatures band together to rid their world of evil. Good, adventurous story with varied and lovable characters.
Jennifer Kellie
This book took me right back to my WoW days... All I can say is: FOR THE HORDE!!!
Sherri
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks-owned
For me, this was a really hard story to follow. Way too many people/creatures to keep track of with different storylines for each.
Nancy Sennett
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book

I had a hard time putting down this book. A lot of characters to take in. Very enjoyable read. I highly recommend it.
Keith Hart
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book with compelling story line.
Mattias
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Stopped reading when a magical unicorn showed up. Also: too many characters and point of views to my taste.
Danielle
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Megg Jensen's new series is of to a wonderful start. I really enjoyed the us of other mythical creatures as main protagonists. Also orcs not necessarily being any worse or better than any other species. The world building was good and came to life in my imagination. My only complaint is I now have to wait for book two.
Karl Poff
Apr 21, 2017
Cyber
Mar 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Oasis (The Last Humans, #1)
  • Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power, #1)
  • Mageborn (The Mageborn Saga #1)
  • Morgan Rice: Epic Fantasy Bundle [Rise of Dragons / A Quest of Heroes]
  • Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor, #1)
  • Realm of Dragons (Age of the Sorcerers—Book One)
  • Darkness Rising (Disciples of the Horned One: Soul Force Saga, #1)
  • Magician's Heir (The Dark Mage Series Book 1)
  • Penta Ka Wa: The Dark Gift (The Penta Series Book 1)
  • Stoneblood Saga Boxset: Books 1-6
  • Legacy of Pandora (Shan Takhu Legacy #1)
  • The Arch of Avooblis (Adventurers' Academy #1)
  • Dragon Fate (War of the Blades, #1)
  • New World (New World #1)
  • Brindle Dragon Boxed Set: Complete Series Books 1 - 9
  • Catacombs (Academy of Ancients #1)
  • The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White #1)
  • In for a Penny (Seasoned Southern Sleuths Cozy Mystery #1)
Megg Jensen is a two-time USA Today bestselling author of epic fantasy.

No stranger to top ten lists on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the iBookstore, Megg's novels have garnered millions of downloads, attracting fans from all over the world.

She lives in Chicago with her husband, kids, and two insane miniature schnauzers.

Dragons of the Nether (4 books)
  • A Legacy of Blood (Dragons of the Nether, #2)
  • The Runes of Destiny (Dragons of the Nether, #3)
  • Dragons of the Nether Trilogy: Chaos Awakens, A Legacy of Blood, & The Runes of Destiny