Start by marking “Doctor Who: Pest Control” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Pest Control

Doctor Who: Pest Control

(BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives #1)

The TARDIS is lost in battle on a distant planet. When the Doctor sets off in pursuit, Donna is left behind, and finds herself accepting a commission in the Pioneer Corps. Something is transforming soldiers into monstrous beetles, and she could be the next victim. Meanwhile, the Doctor steals a motorbike and stages a jailbreak. Well, how hard can it be to find the TARDIS, ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published May 8th 2008 by BBC Audiobooks (first published April 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Juli
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did not realize how much I missed Donna Noble and the 10th Doctor until I started listening to this audiobook. Donna Noble's sass and the Doctor's humor come out within the first minute of the production and it doesn't stop until the very end! Great chemistry! David Tennant, as narrator, does a wonderful imitation of Catherine Tate's Donna. I could envision the actress in my head saying the lines. :) Ahhhh, the wonderous days of the 10th Doctor. I miss him! (Tom Baker as Doctor #4 is still my ...more
Kaisa
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First audio book I've ever enjoyed. Was it because of David Tennant?........... Probably.
I mean, usually when I try to listen to audio books, I start thinking of other things and lose my way in the story. But because it was David Tennant talking, my brain sort of forced me to keep up.
Anyway, moving on from my worship of The Tennant (sounded better in my head), I did enjoy the story. I liked all the sound effects and the creepy music. The sloshy sounds describing the bugs made me shudder.
The Doc
Kimberley doruyter
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
i didn'tlike bugs much before, but i really don't like em now
Devann
actual rating: 3.5

Honestly I wanted this to be better than it was. That technical extra half star is due soley to David Tennant's wonderful narration, which was the entire reason I decided to listen to this in the first place so I suppose I got what I wanted out of it at any rate. I miss Ten so much, and watching the new Good Omens series just made me remember how much I love David Tennant. His narration is great and I love that we get his regular voice, his Doctor voice, and his Catherine Tate
Laura P.
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and fun even though a bit disgusting at times. In short: I loved it 😍!
Jim C
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is based on the television series and is only available as an audiobook. This one has the Tenth Doctor who was portrayed by David Tennant and he also narrates this book. He is joined by his companion Donna Noble. In this one, they visit a planet where there is a war going on but there is more to it than just a simple war.

When the actor who plays the main character narrates the book one would expect that the portrayal would be spot on and it is. David Tennant does a amazing job with his narr
Andrea
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, sci-fi
The story was ok. It's the basic "what humans do to a planet when they encounter a life form they feel threatened by" story, complete with centaurs and giant insects. It was pretty decent and captured the essence of the tenth Doctor and Donna well.
But let's face it, I only bought this because David Tennant reads it and I miss him <3 Oh, and he does a really good Donna impression. Not as hilarious as his Rose impression, but pretty spot on :D
Jenna Scherer
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This was pretty light and dumb — soldiers that turn into bugs! Fighting centaurs! — but it was a fun audiobook listen. Mostly because David Tennant was doing the narration. (Also, he does a pretty good Catherine Tate impression.)
Anne
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Impeccable narration (as always), but a somewhat lacking story.
Joelle
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
David Tennant reading Doctor Who.

I think yes.
Shelves: audiobooks
Nicola Sheridan
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, audio-books
Dr Who. Read by David Tennant. What's not to like?
Sara
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars

This was one of my favorites so far. The Doctor and Donna are separated for most of the story, and seeing it come together in the end is amazing. This was probably the most suspenseful out of all the DW audio books I've listened to thus far, and the music and sound effects definitely aided in that.
Willemijn
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the 10th Doctor and Donna. The fact that it’s read by David Tennant makes it even better.
Keri Payton
The Doctor and Donna arrive on a planet, where humans and centaurs rage war over the right of the land.

With the TARDIS carted off and Donna separated and branded another soldier, the Doctor soon discovers there are more horrific deeds afoot.

A large species of insect is threatening to wipe out both sides of the war.

The question is: how did they come to be on the planet and who is organising their spread?

It seems that no creature is safe from infestation or the extermination that comes from anothe
Callie Rose Tyler
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Mediocre at best, The Doctor and Donna find themselves in a war between humans and a type of centaur look-a-like alien. The plot is a bit derivative and perdictable, just plain uninspired. The saving grace of this audio special is David Tennant's sexy voice and his prefect interpretation/imitation of Donna Noble.

Overall, don't expect much out of the story but give it a listen if you want to fangirl over Tennant's delicious narration.

Meghan
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the kind of story I was looking for. David Tennant sounds like 10. Donna Noble is being Donna Noble. Giant bugs and a ridiculous nemesis.

Not for the serious reader but fun for the Doctor Who fan. (I do believe the author overused the word "really" but I give him a pass because DT says it so well.)
Anna Kļaviņa
i liked the doctor who story. yay! :D

lol @ david tennant doing eastern european accent (polish?, serbian?, russian? i dunno)

Diane
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Bought mainly because Tennant narrated. Not one of my favorite stories. It was slow and sort of dull. Tennant did a great job narrating, and I enjoyed his Catherine Tate impression, but I probably wouldn't listen to this one again.
Alexandra
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Donna and the Doctor are such an awesome team. I love those two to pieces. ♥

Plot and setting are also pretty good. Never boring and always great to listen to.
David Tennant reading this is obviously a plus. :D
Faby Rodriguez
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love David Tennat's voice and the story it's fun. Loved it
Nicky Hunt
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I absolutely love this book! It's a thrilling adventure with the Doctor and Donna! :) I highly recommend this book!
Nancy
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
his was a lot of fun. The scope of the settings for the books is incredible. You often find tales that cannot be done without major cost of special effects for the TV show but can be filled in through our imagination very well. A good story with a catch. They had these critters before in Tom Baker's time as the Doctor but they did not have the same name. If memory serves Wyvern might have been the old name. Look up Ark in Space with the Doctor, Harry and our loved Sarah Jane. Then listen to this ...more
Greg
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
weeeeeeooohoh weeeeeeohhhhhh weohoh weoh doodoo doodooooooooooooooo (that was my DW theme song lyrics)
Doctor Who on audiobook was a silly experience not to my taste to be honest. The book was light and childish in its science fiction, had new-who usual moral highground speeches combined with childish cliches. I also found the story light on description, no doubt an audiobook decision, which made it feel like a radioplay rather than a book. It worked, and I quite enjoyed David Tennant's narration
Jill Jemmett
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these Doctor Who audiobooks.

This one was narrated by David Tennant, who played the Tenth Doctor. He was my favourite Doctor. I was shocked at first to hear him narrating the story in his Scottish accent! I wasn’t expecting that since he has an English accent on the show.

I found the story a little confusing at times, because there were some unusual new creatures in the story. However, Tennant did a great job of giving each character a distinctive voice, which made the story very entertaini
Lauren Johnstone
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I forgot how good a narrator Tennant really is.
Scottish brogue to Irish to Australian to the Doctor and then to Donna. The array of accents he presents and effortlessly slides between without so much as a breath.
Overall the story was good, but got lost in the middle (maybe because I started to fall asleep)?
Both the 10th Doctor and Donna's dialogue was tight and gave essence of their characters.
Kerry
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this audiobook through my library's borrowbox app! The production of the audiobook was amazing with background music and the writing was great, I was kept in suspense until the very end! Of course, the narrator David Tennant was brilliant and his voice for Donna Noble was especially funny.
David
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Engaging story about the tenth Doctor and Donna Noble getting caught up in a war between humans and centaur-like aliens on a distant world. The mystery is that the humans seem to be turning into giant insects and there's a rampaging robot killing the insects. The audio CD is read by David Tennant who does a great job bringing the characters to life.
Nea
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-audiobook
Now, the adventure itself was a bit box-standard, in my opinion. However, what can I say? It's the Doctor and Donna - and both of them, as well as their banters, are spot on, so I still enjoyed it. David Tennant's brilliant narration didn't hurt either.
Angelica
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I liked this audio book. Being read by David Tennant made it very enjoyable as I was able to imagine that I was watching the tv show. I liked how he had Donna’s inflection right and I adore how the author threw in some of the classic Donna / Doctor lines. All in all a solid three out of five.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Doctor Who: The Many Hands
  • Doctor Who: Wishing Well
  • Doctor Who: Sick Building
  • Doctor Who: The Krillitane Storm
Anghelides' first published work was the short story "Moving On" in the third volume of the Virgin Decalog collections, which led to further short stories in the fourth collection and then in two of the BBC Short Trips collections that followed. In January 1998, his first novel Kursaal was published as part of BBC Books' Eighth Doctor Adventures series on books. Anghelides subsequently wrote two m ...more

BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll