Jump to ratings and reviews

Marlon Neon Marksman MC

As the president of Neon Marksman MC, Marlon always takes the lead with fierce determination. From the moment he met Unique he knew she was meant for him, but a moment from the past has driven a wedge between them.

When Unique is confronted with something unsettling, she instinctively turns to the one person who has the resources to help. A second chance is all Marlon needs to fully claim his Old Lady as his. A chance he grabs with both hands.

They challenge each other at every turn, but when push comes to shove, will they move forward or stay stuck in the past? Will Unique submit to her feelings or will she be hunted down by a killer out for revenge?

First published January 1, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Esther E. Schmidt

137 books1,413 followers
Esther E. Schmidt is an USA Today bestselling author who loves to write MC (biker) series, Mafia Romance series, PNR series, contemporary romance series, and more. She's a graphic designer that also loves to write. She released her first series "Areion Fury MC" in October 2015. Esther lives in The Netherlands with her family, three daughters, and a crazy iguana. She loves to write about bad boy Alphas with a heart for only one woman. To make it a bit interesting, that woman needs to be a badass herself.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (2%)
1 star
3 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 65 reviews
Profile Image for Neringa Neringiukas.
1,231 reviews73 followers
December 5, 2018
The first I have to say... Finally! It seems I waited millenia for Marlon. But waiting was worth it. I absolutely adore Marlon. That man... He's made of good quality. I feel like repeating myself because I just can't stop praising him. Insert dreamy look here. If there was a slightest chance at Marlon, I would had fought with Unique for him, I'm telling ya. And Unique could handle my ass to me, but chance at Marlon would be so worth the risk.
Profile Image for Kim  Brewing.
3,143 reviews31 followers
November 27, 2018
What happens when you mix alpha MC president and a smart mouthed daughter of a hitman? FIREWORKS! Marlon and Unique create sparks whenever they come in contact but a fire has not ignited yet. Marlon has claimed her, she just hasn't got on board. When danger sends Unique running to Marlon's door he's determined to protect his woman at any cost.

I loved these characters! Unique is ....well unique. She's a designer and is used to being a lone wolf. Marlon is the leader of his pack and is trying hard to show Unique that belonging is a good thing. Will these two ever get on the same page? or will the danger at the door end their chance for a HEA? Will Harry get another cute sweater?!? Who the heck is Harry you ask.......guess you should read it to find out.

If you're looking for a read that has a bit of mystery, some humor and hot burning attraction between two characters - then this is the read for you.
Profile Image for Teresa Lara.
2,719 reviews36 followers
November 29, 2018
Freaking loved this💜 Love all the old guys and new ones.Loved Marlon and Uniques amazing beautiful love story.This new series is going to rock.Whos next?
Profile Image for Kathy Rouchelle .
969 reviews11 followers
November 30, 2018
Now if this doesn't get your motor running, I don't know what will. Strong Alpha male and an equally strong woman are cast in the lead for this exceptionally well written story that will have you holding on to the edge of your seat for this fast paced ride. The relationship between these two is nothing short of explosive. Their push/pull, love/hate relationship will have you ping ponging as you move through their story, but rest assured you will thoroughly enjoy every minute of it.

Esther E. Schmidt delivers another book that captivates the reader, draws them in and makes the reader fall in love with her characters. This book is no exception. Exciting and intriguing story line with enough heat to start a forest fire, this book will hold your attention till the very end. Marlon and Unique heat up the pages and bring their story alive right in front of your eyes. The life of an MC along with the life of an assassin's daughter who can hold her own and isn't afraid of anything, until she is given something to be afraid of and seeks out the one man who can help her. Marlon. The man who makes her blood boil and her temperature spike is the only person she runs to when her apartment is broken in to and an erie message is left on one of her chairs. Someone is out to get her and Marlon is the only one who can save her. Now if they would only give in and admit that they both like one another.

This is a great story and I highly recommend it!
Profile Image for Katie Kavanagh.
109 reviews
November 27, 2018
I have been waiting to get my hands on Marlon's book and it did not disappoint one bit. I read this book in one night because I could not put it down. Marlon was one hot alpha man that I want all for myself let me just say!! I loved how Marlon knew from the moment he saw Unique that she was his Old Lady. I loved their back and forth fighting which really added to the sexual tension they both had for each other. I felt for Unique especially everything she had gone through even before meeting Marlon. I understood why she was hesitate to allow her feeling for Marlon to come forward and even admit them to herself. Marlon never gave up on her no matter how much Unique tried to fight it, which the way Esther wrote it made me feel like I was experiencing the same emotions that Unique was going through. Also the nicknames they have for each other Bubbles and Poster Boy haha love it!!This book had everything I was hoping for and more!
"Fear is a good thing. You need it, otherwise you won't ever survive".
Profile Image for Ruby Ap..
655 reviews45 followers
December 3, 2018
I've been waiting to read Marlon and his woman, Unique's story since reading "Peacock" and seeing the fireworks shooting between these two ;) Now, I've finally read this story and once again, the author, Esther E. Schmidt has done an awesome job with their story!

I loved every SINGLE moment of reading Marlon and Unique's story especially since their chemistry was OFF THE CHARTS INSANELY HOT, SEXY AND INTENSE in every single way ;) Both, Marlon and Unique have strong personalities so they clash with one another so it may seem like they're not a good match, like one is water and the other is oil but that difference is what makes them a explosive couple when Unique's hesitance towards having any relationship with Marlon and Marlon's determination of claiming her take a turn due to some unforeseen obstacles trying to intervene and intertwine, resulting in the most sexiest intimate scene that I've read in my quota of reads this month.

Of course, the obstacles I'm referring to have to do mostly about Unique's father... not spoiling it for you guys because you definitely have to read this! But, it makes Unique seek Marlon out and this gives him an advantage into claiming Unique FINALLY as his woman, his old lady and his forever <3 And Unique being Unique gives him sassiness and her smart mouth but hey, Marlon definitely loves all of that and more about her ;)

As always, the author, Esther E. Schmidt, has given us a fantastic epilogue for our couple and excitement for her next story to come out soon! :)
Profile Image for Barbara.
2,039 reviews39 followers
November 30, 2018
Nothing like a hot exciting MC story from Esther Schmidt. I will honestly admit that I have been reading her books for a few years now and I just love her style. She keeps you entertained with touches of suspense, action and humor as well as romance and Marlon, Neon Marksman MC is no exception. The book is a quick wonderful read that will have you laughing at the characters antics and on edge as danger approaches.

Marlon, Pres of his MC, has known Unique was meant to be his from the moment he laid eyes on her. But this sassy, independent, daughter of a hitman, has other ideas. Oh she’s attracted to Marlon all right, she just can’t seem to keep from fighting with him every time she’s in his presence (they are worse than Oil and Water). But when trouble finds her doorstep, it’s Marlon Unique runs too and the sparks and fireworks fly as these two piece together the puzzle of who and why someone would want hurt her.

This is an exciting, fast paced romance that you don’t want to miss out on. Kudos to Ms. Schmidt for another amazing 5 star read. 2 Thumbs Up.
Profile Image for Kathy Wideman.
2,115 reviews25 followers
December 2, 2018
This is the first book in a new series by Esther. I loved this book so much. We meet Marlon and Unique in Peacock’s book. They have been doing a push and pull thing for a while. But fate is intervening and might just finally bring them together. Someone is after her and her first thought is that Marlon will protect her. He claimed her as his old lady and will do whatever it takes to protect her. Unique doesn’t know why so turned to Marlon just that she did. She doesn’t want to want him but she does. He is ready for forever with her. She just needs to accept that she may be ready for the same thing. This book is a fantastic read. I love Unique and Marlon. They have an off the charts chemistry together. Marlon is going to grab this opportunity with both hands and hope he can convince Unique that they would be great together. I can’t say enough about his book. You need to go buy it and read it now!!
Profile Image for Elysian Fields.
1,972 reviews32 followers
November 26, 2018
I feel like I have been waiting for Marlon's story forever, and what I read makes the wait worth it.

I LOVED Marlon and his instant need for his Old Lady. I can't get enough of his alpha, obsessed and possessiveness tendencies. Unique was a fun cgaracter, I think she liked to aggravate Marlon just to cause him to steam. Can't say I blame her, as those scenes were hot!!

I liked how the story was woven with Peacock (through you not HAVE to have read that book for this one, its just recommend) and how I got to read about some other favorite characters. I won't give anything away, but let me say, it was action packed and passion filled!

Oh, and Harry kicks rear! He might have slightly stolen the story during his scenes, lol. I received an ARC and I am leaving an honest review.

Profile Image for Danielle Marlowe.
1,800 reviews7 followers
November 28, 2018
I have been waiting to read Marlon's story and it was worth the wait. I couldn't put this story down. Esther E. Schmidt did a great job on it. The story was well written with a great plot. It was filled with action. Marlon and Unique were strong characters, both were fierce. They were well matched even though they fought the pull between them. Their love/hate relationship was something. I love how how protective and possessive Marlon was over Unique. They were good for each other. Their attraction was intense and their chemistry was off the charts sexy. Marlon and Unique were perfect together. I enjoyed their story.
This was a great story. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read what Esther has next, her stories are always Fantastic.
I recommend reading this book.
Thank you, Esther E. Schmidt. Wonderful work as Always :)
5 Stars!
Profile Image for Phyllis Wolford.
1,152 reviews
January 8, 2019
A great read! Ms. Schmidt, brings the characters from her stand alone books together to help out a friend. They do what they do best protect and care for those in your circle.
Marlon and Unique have a love hate relationship since they have met. It feels like two magnets coming together, push and pull.
Unique is in danger, she goes to Marlon for his equipment so she can protect herself. Marlon, mean while is thinking that this is a way to finally get her i his life as his old lady. Her house/business blows up and they call in their friends from the Dudnik circle , which brings even more testosterone to the mix.
Unique and Marlon start to work on themselves and look to see why she is being targeted by the killer.
Peacock and Marlon figure it out and they save the day.
They come together and fall deeper in love.
576 reviews7 followers
November 28, 2018
OMG this book had me hooked with the first 2 sentences, and that's all it took I could not put it down!! Marlon and Unique are what I would call explosive both strong willed, but when it comes down to it there is nothing Marlon wouldn't do for Unique. Their arguing leads to a whole lot of sexual tension, and man when they come together it's boom!!!! But seriously this is a fantastic story, the characters are awesome and it's so well written. I love everything about this book. The characters, the tension between the two, the action, the drama everything, Marlon is a true blue alpha and Unique is his equal and I love that about this book.. Absolutely AWESOME!!!
December 5, 2018
Marlon

****ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

What Marlon wants he gets and he has set his sights on the sassy and fierce Unique. You know the saying that oil and water don’t mix, sometimes it takes observation to see that they are a match made in heaven. This pair fights at every turn but Marlon refuses to let anything stand in his way and I applaud him for that. They get each other it might not be outright but they know. Esther constantly weaves a tale that pulls you in and wish nothing but the BEST and she doesn’t disappoint. You will love this story as much as me or maybe even more.
Profile Image for Rose.
1,619 reviews
December 3, 2018
Marlon is book one of the Neon Marksman MC series written by author Esther E. Schmidt. I have been waiting for Marlons story and Esther doesn't disappoint. This is Marlon, president of the Neon Marksman MC and Unique, a sassy and independent beautiful woman, daughter of a hitman. The plot is fast pace with a bit of humor, suspense, some violence, action, sexy banter, smart and fiery characters plus a hot off the charts romance. Marlon and Unique are perfect for each other. No Spoilers here. Can't wait to read what next in this new series. Great job as always Esther!!!!I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily reviewed it.
Profile Image for Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’.
2,836 reviews2 followers
December 4, 2018
For two people that have this love-hate relationship going, and have this chemistry that can't be denied. Who is the first person that Unique goes to when trouble comes knocking, The person she kind of hates but also can't help having feelings for, Marlon.
As the president of his club Marlon has known that Unique was his ol lady and nothing would stand in his way.

This author made me fall in love with her books from the first book I read. Alpha male men who would do anything to protect their families, and sassy, stubborn strong women who can stand by their men. What more do you need in a Romantic MC Story!
Profile Image for Carlise.
380 reviews
December 24, 2018
Love it, of course

Marlin had been chasing Unique since day one..oh sure, he messed up and stuck his foot in his mouth, but hey, he’s a guy, what do you expect. Unique finally needs Marlon, but will she realize that after he helps her with her issue, she won’t be able to leave him again?

Loved their story. I can’t believe that the real, hot and heavy sex doesn’t happen until the end of the book- but I don’t even care. These two are hysterical and the story keeps moving with sexual chemistry that you don’t notice we haven’t gotten into the sexy times 😆 until the end.

Love the book, Unique and Marlin, of course and the author.
Profile Image for Emily.
4,844 reviews516 followers
March 1, 2019
Neon Marksman MC President Marlon knows he has found his old lady, of course she avoids him at all costs and their relationship is non existent but none the less he has claimed her. Unique tried to tell Marlon that he was betrayed by someone in his own club and it only ended up getting her shot. Now she needs help and she asks Marlon for it. Can two people who have chemistry off the charts find a way to get along?

This was fun but I did think it was a bit rushed. These characters are in other books so I would probably go back and reread before reading this one if you have a chance. Liked Marlon and thought Unique was an intriguing character. Another hit from this author.
Profile Image for Tammi.
1,818 reviews24 followers
December 4, 2018
I have been waiting for Marlons story and it didn't disappoint. Started with a bang literally! Poor Unique lost it all in an explosion and I was teary eyed as her friend comforted her. BUT she was a stubborn one when it came to Marlon. They have a rocky past and their push and pull relationship kept me entertained. This book was more than a budding love story it was action packed with Mafia mysteries I LOVED THAT!!
Another hit from one of my favorites Esther E. Schmidt. Can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Profile Image for Shannon Godwin.
2,058 reviews24 followers
November 28, 2018
Can an alpha MC president & an independent, smart mouth daughter of a hitman make a relationship work? You can feel the heat from these two burning up the pages.
Unique doesn’t give a second thought of who to turn to when trouble comes to her door. Marlon, being the alpha he is, will do everything he can to protect what he considers his. Can Unique accept her feelings for Marlon & see where things lead? Or will her smart mouth independence be too much for Marlon? If your looking for a book to keep you up late turning the pages, this book is for you! I loved every minute of it!!
Profile Image for Wendy Hodges.
2,097 reviews30 followers
November 28, 2018
Action packed read that contains some violence, intense and suspenseful. Marlon is awesome as he tries to protect but encourage Unique to give him a chance at much more. Unique is feisty, sassy and very independent, definitely Marlon's match in every way. Love the sparks between them. Some of this story is a little upsetting but it wouldn't have been right if events had been different. I loved catching up with a few of my other favourite characters from the Mafia series, this kept me hooked throughout. Great story and just sorry this is a stand alone as I would have liked more from the MC.
722 reviews1 follower
November 29, 2018
I have been waiting to get Marlons story for a long time now!! Esther did not disappoint. It was great seeing old friends from the Dudnik Circle again. Marlon wants Unique, however she just can’t help but resist the alpha MC President. She is afraid to love a MC man and he is crazy about her. Finally danger puts Unique back with Marlon again and he is very happy. Unique finds herself in a terrible position and I can’t help but feel sorry for her because of all she has had to endure. Will these two ever be able to quit fighting and find true love?? Read to find out!!
Profile Image for Whynter Raven.
681 reviews15 followers
November 29, 2018
Esther, I can't get enough of your books. I've been waiting 2 years for Marlon and Unique's story and it was will worth the wait. I loved how loyal Marlon was to Unique even though he didn't have her yet. To have a man do anything in his power to protect and defend you like that is telling you not to pass up the opportunity on a future be with him. I would have to say Marlon is by far my favorite with Ronin a close second. If you haven't read any of Esther book you are missing out big time. I highly recommend her books.
Profile Image for Melissa Schaub.
1,530 reviews
December 4, 2018
Whew! If you are looking for a short read full of stubbornness, two head strong characters, danger and a build up that will leave you squirming, than this is the book for you. I love the fast pace and quirks that left me dying to see what happened next.

Marlon has wanted Unique since the day he set eyes on her but the timing and their tempers always stood in the way. Now she is coming to him for help and he is not going to let her get away..

Will he be able to convince the one woman that brings him to his knees to spend her life as his old lady?
2,493 reviews88 followers
December 3, 2018
Marlon and Unique get on like oil and water. Neither can deny their attraction, but a past mistake made her despise him. Will Marlon be able to keep Unique safe when she is in trouble? Will Unique learn to trust that Marlon isn't like the other bikers?

Loved this second chance romance! I loved how these two despite their past, couldn't help their attraction and how they fought constantly just added to the fire. I was happy when Unique decided to trust her heart and take the chance. I loved how Marlon continued to prove that he was there for her and only wanted her. Great read!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Michaela.
92 reviews2 followers
December 3, 2018
This book is a mix of an MC and mafia. You get the best of both worlds.
Marlon is the Prez of his MC and has found his First Lady. Unfortunately she doesn’t see it his way. So what’s a man to do..
when feeling threatened where does she turn? Yes you guessed it. The President. With him she feels safe. Can he protect her? Well you just have to read and see.

As always this author takes you on a ride you are never going to forget. She will draw you in her Webb and you won’t get out. But on the other hand you don’t want to leave.
Profile Image for Reckless Readers.
1,707 reviews84 followers
December 4, 2018
Another easy to fall in love romance from this author!
Marlon is one fierce president! Especially when it comes to Unique. He wants her to be his old lady, yet she fights him at ever turn. He has to prove he can be her shoulder to lean on.
It is easy to tell right off the bat that Unique is used to taking care of herself. She has a hard time letting anyone however when it comes down to it, she knows that Marlon is in her corner. She is so closed off that no one is getting close to her for awhile.
I loved this storyline. The epic action with intense struggles internal.

**Review by Sallie**
Profile Image for Melissa.
670 reviews7 followers
January 12, 2019
As usual Esther hands us a unique (no pun intended I swear) couple whose story is as individual as they are. Marlon (hmmmm hubba hubba um oops) is as Alpha as they come and learns that groveling can lead to some very great things. Unique is one sassy, feisty lady that is more than a match for the big bad alpha add in the action, bad guys, bad bad things happening and a passion that causes cold showers to let off steam. Esther never disappoints, her books are a one sit read that takes her readers on a ride or die trip. Great job!
Profile Image for Mindy McCray .
1,104 reviews8 followers
December 3, 2018
It seems like I have been waiting forever for this book. Esther E Schmidt didn't disappoint and well worth the wait!

Marlon and Unique have a love/ hate relationship which is very amusing. I've been in Love with these characters since we met them in Peacock. Schmidt always writes badass women and very alpha men. This one was no exception! I LOVED this book and can't wait to read more by this author!!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 65 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.