Start by marking “Horimiya, Vol. 8” as Want to Read:
Horimiya, Vol. 8

Horimiya, Vol. 8

(Horimiya #8)

The sweet "aww"-inspiring tale of school life continues!!

The Kiri High crew dives into the sports festival...and thanks to some fighting words from Hori, even phys ed-phobic Miyamura is fired up and raring to go?! His fellow third-years might get some great last memories out of their final sports fest--as Sengoku's apathy, Sakura's battle with rhythm, and Hori's manly chee
Published July 18th 2017 by Yen Press (first published November 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Horimiya, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horimiya, Vol. 8

Lauren
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super happy with this volume...finally feels like Horimiya is taking off again :)

I’m really glad we learned more about Miyamura’s backstory and the shenanigans at the sports day festival had me laughing out loud! I’m aware that this volume really didn’t add much to the overall story but I just love being in the cast’s company. It’s like a Japanese soap! :D

Right...on to number 9!
✦ Maica ✦
IT'S FINALLY THE SPORTS FESTIVAL! So many hilarious things happen in this volume. I'm also really happy that Miyamura can finally enjoy the sports festival with his friends and girlfriend. That's a big jump from last year where he was alone. I'm so happy with how Miyamura's character turned out. He has so much growth and development!
Alexis U
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Much better than the last volume. The school field day competition! Miyamura makes more friends! Hori has a nightmare! They’re all so cute.
Rachel
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny and cute sports festival fun times, plus more Miyamura back story! 😍
Maria Kth
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this is tiresome.
Sesana
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This is where I check out. Way too much time spent on a dull sports festival, and I no longer enjoy watching the central relationship unfold.
Rod Brown
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
The series where nothing happens continues. A sports festival goes on forever and then some bullying is hinted at. Remember when it used to matter that the male lead had piercings and tattoos? Remember when the female lead used to be a strong, competent person? You know, before all she become useful for was being the butt of some misogynistic fetishism jokes. Remember when things of consequence happened in their lives? I really must stop reading this.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo
I love this series. End of story. I even love when Miyamori gets so freaked out when he has to get tough with Hori. His face!
Lucy García
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Très drôle! But! I need more romance Hori-san & Miyamura-kun!
Monrucha▪♡▪
This volume is basically 80% filler.

Don't get me wrong.It's still a super cute and funny read.I was in a sour mood when I started this volume and reemerge giggly and elated.This whole serie is a great pick me up for sure.

I have been pretty incoherent in my review of the past few volumes(the feels man)and skipped over many details I'd like to mention.I'm going over the things that bothers me this time.

I really hate how the author use Remi as a tool to get Hori all worked up and jealous.
I'd though
Jamie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This went from being one of my favorite mangas to stumble upon to WTF. What happened to Miyamura's personality? Style? What the eff happened with Hori where she's suddenly begging to be hit and cursed at, despite his discomfort? I did notice on a margin, when this off behavior started, that this is where it all started. This what? We are stuck in an eternal sports festival, and no longer showing relationship growth. I feel that it's so weird. It's making me feel icky and creeped out for reading ...more
Bryn (Plus Others)
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shoujo-manga
I love this more and more with every volume. It really does remind me of Banri Hidaka -- something about the way that there is often a main conversation happening which is the focal point of the plot, but the other characters are talking to each other as well all along and their comments on the main conversation (or confusion about it) are often very, very funny. I suppose I cannot resist a panel.
Kate
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This series frustrates me because it can be so much better than it is. The source material is 4-koma and this manga reads just like it. I'd rather be reading the 4-koma version than this one. The first few volumes of this series had fluid storytelling, but now it's like the mangaka can't figure out how to smoothly tell the story anymore.
Anna Marie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
School sports; teamwork and competition. This book revolves around a school-wide event where everyone is placed on two teams, each classroom gets split between east and west. All the angst about failure and lack of self-confidence.
Tori
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I feel like this story had really come into its own in the last volume or two. Going into more background of the characters and fleshing them out beyond the original premise. The story has matured while still retaining the comedy and nonsense from the original web series.
Amber
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I mean...nothing happened. Some set up, but no real plot.
Floreana
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, manga
me estoy quedando sin cosas para decir. creí que iba a aparecer más el amigo del pasado de miyamura pero bueno
Kaley
Another good volume.
Sarina
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, manga
Ich habe immer noch das gleiche Problem, das ich auch schon bei den vorherigen hatte...Es gibt halt einfach keine richtige Story.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Kereesa
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Recommended to Kereesa by: Samuel
3.5
Vina Nurziani
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suka dengan cara Miyamura mengalahkan koi-gatakinya 😂
Baru muncul di satu chapter, tapi udah kalah duluan.
Freigeistbloggerin
Mal sehen ob ich weiterlese
Gabriela
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
That last chapter was too adorable and cute!
BreAnna (Bre'sBooks)
4,5 Sterne
Cecelia
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Probably one of my favorite volumes.
  • たいようのいえ 9 [Taiyou no Ie 9]
  • ひるなかの流星 10 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 10]
  • ノラガミ 12 (Noragami: Stray God, #12)
  • アオハライド 12 (Ao Haru Ride, #12)
  • 放浪息子 7

Horimiya (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • ホリミヤ 1 (Horimiya #1)
  • ホリミヤ 2 (Horimiya #2)
  • ホリミヤ 3 (Horimiya #3)
  • ホリミヤ 4 (Horimiya #4)
  • ホリミヤ 5 (Horimiya #5)
  • ホリミヤ 6 (Horimiya, #6)
  • ホリミヤ 7 (Horimiya, #7)
  • ホリミヤ 9 (Horimiya, #9)
  • ホリミヤ 10 (Horimiya, #10)
  • ホリミヤ 11 (Horimiya, #11)