Start by marking “A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie” as Want to Read:
A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie

A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie

Published September 19th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about A Little House Picture Book Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little House Picture Book Treasury

Start your review of A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie
Sheri
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This lovely treasury contains the six My First Little House picture books. Bold, bright, detailed illustrations capture the eye and the simple stories are adapted from the Little House books. This is a gorgeous book that would make an excellent gift for any Laura Ingalls Wilder fan, young or old.
Candace
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These six stories adapted from The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder are truly a treasure. The illustrations are beyond fabulous. They are so realistic and compliment the text. I read one story after another enjoying the tales of pioneer life in the woods of Wisconsin. A couple of reviewers wrote of reading this story collection to their preschoolers. For reading, this book is recommended for first grade readers and up.
Stacy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is a great introduction to the little house books. Love the illustrations.
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
I love how the Little House stories have been adapted to picture book format to share with beginning readers. The full-color illustrations on each page are gorgeous and bring the Little House world to life. The illustrations are reminiscent of the original artwork; they gave me nostalgia for my childhood days when I first discovered the Little House books. This treasury features six short stories that may also be purchased as separate entities.

For more of my reviews, visit my blog Imaginary
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A must have for Little House on The Prairie fans of all ages! This collection of six short stories is a great introduction for young readers to the series, as the wording is perfect for elementary school aged readers. I loved hopping back into a series I absolutely loved as a young reader. Graef's beautiful illustrations are reminiscent of the original series's illustrations. I loved that this book has that same feel as reading the original series. This book is definitely a treasury worth ...more
Rachael
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rosalie-s-books
a wonderful collection of six stories by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The illustrations are great, the stories are just right for young children. My daughter's have checked this collection out of the library 3 times in the past few months. For children who are too young for the Little House in the Big Woods and Little House on the Prairie books, this series of illustrated stories are prefect. Also check out the other picture books not included in this compilation.
Brittany Townsend
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is a memoir written by Laura Ingalls Wilder about her childhood. She talks about her life in her log cabin with pa, her, ma, her sisters, Mary and Carrie, and their bulldog jack. They traveled far to find a perfect place to build a home. She also tell many stories about going to town, country fair, winter days in the big woods, and Christmas in the big woods. The book is for all elementary grades.

I can see myself using this in my classroom to teach students what a memoir is which is
JP
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vastly simplified stories from the Little House books, with beautiful, colorful illustrations that really draw children's attention as you read it.

At this point, we've listened to all of the full Little House books... who knows how many times. But there's always room for a shorter read when you just want to pick up a book for an afternoon read or in bed. And once the kids are reading on their own, I'm sure they'll appreciate it all the more.
Jodie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the magnificent Little House picture books combined in one treasury! I can't wait to share this one with my little niece. I think she is going to love them as much as I always have. Great to revisit these when I got this treasury.
DeNae
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet introduction to the Ingalls that is just right for preschoolers. My son requests it over and over again.
Michelle
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Art done by the illustrator of the Kirsten American girl books. Love these. Two year old Judson currently carries these around asking to be read the "baby books". He likes baby Carrie best.
Margaret Lacey
Leo and Ian
Dec 26, 2017
H
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Introduce younglings to the one of America's most enduring prairie stories with this volume of illustrated tales of Laura Ingalls Wilder's girlhood. Illustrated in the manner of the original Little House on the Prairie with text the small ones will understand, a new generation can envision themselves listening to Pa's fiddle in front of the fire.
Lauren Carter
Sarah Marie
Oct 11, 2018
Ashley Stegall
Jul 14, 2018

• James Herriot's Treasury for Children: Warm and Joyful Tales by the Author of All Creatures Great and Small
  • Why Am I Me?
  • How Does My Garden Grow?
  • Mercy Watson Fights Crime
  • In the Small, Small Pond
  • I Am Enough
  • Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
  • Mallory Vs. Max (Mallory McDonald, #3)
  • Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2)
  • Johnny Appleseed
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • Gingerbread Baby
  • Too Many Pumpkins
  • The Little Scarecrow Boy
  • Johnny Appleseed: A Tall Tale
  • The Pumpkin Runner
  • Degas, Painter of Ballerinas
  • More Naughty Little Sister Stories (Naughty Little Sister, #2)
Ingalls wrote a series of historical fiction books for children based on her childhood growing up in a pioneer family. She also wrote a regular newspaper column and kept a diary as an adult moving from South Dakota to Missouri, the latter of which has been published as a book.