Start by marking “Blogging is Murder (Jade Blackwell Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blogging is Murder (Jade Blackwell Mystery, #1)

Blogging is Murder (Jade Blackwell Mystery, #1)

Born with the instincts of a world-class detective, blogger Jade Blackwell never thought she’d solve more than a murder in a cozy mystery novel.

Jade Blackwell lives a quiet life, and that’s the way she likes it. Happily settled in a log home with her husband and daughter in the quaint village of Aspen Falls, Wyoming, she’s ready to dive into her new career as a ghostwriter
Published February 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blogging is Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blogging is Murder

Start your review of Blogging is Murder (Jade Blackwell Mystery, #1)
Vicki
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-mystery
This book could have been written must for me. Blogging and a love of mysteries made this the perfect scenario to call to me.

Jade Blackwell is a fun character. A blogger that works from home and has made a success of her blogging skills, finds out that a friend is in danger. When the threat turns deadly, Jade becomes a blogger friend who snooped and in the process caused a bit of a problem for her friend.

Once Jade starts in earnest looking for answers, there are more dangers and confusing pers
Karen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This "Blogging Based" mystery had my attention for sure. This was a clever and excited cozy mystery with great twists and turns. A first in series that I am sure you will enjoy. Characters are easy to like and very easy to get behind. This blogging mystery had me thinking about my own internet safety and all the work I put into my own blogs. A book that will stay with you for sure.
Bonnie
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this read. Never figured out who did it. I was surprised by who the killer was. BUT at the same time I felt like ending was a little rushed. Maybe gave more details or something. Overall it was a good read.

I gave it a B or 3 stars.
Ashlyn
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
That ending tho I had no idea that this person could've done it. Oh my gosh. I am beyond shocked and so glad I read from cover to cover.
Lise
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read! Everyone was so reluctant in their roles. The innocent person wasn't best pleased about being incarcerated, the lawyer wasn't happy about being dragged back into criminal law, and the investigator just looked forward to the time when she could get back to her "regular" life. And yet, not one of them was whiny or annoying. Of the three, the absolute best was the investigator (our heroine) who is helping out her friend and finding that being a PI isn't as enjoyable as they mak ...more
Janice Richardson
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-rated
The protagonist, Jade, is a former professor who runs her own business from home. Her best friend Liz, is a stay at home mom who is a successful blogger. Liz is cyberstalked by a follower. It escalates into real life stalking and the stalker is found murdered. Liz becomes the main suspect.

The writing is detailed and descriptive, which I found a bit distracting, it left little room for the reader's imagination. Other than the minutiae, the cast of characters fit the storyline, the plot was good,
Ansel Glover-Oakleaf
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast paced action packed mystery. Gilian Baker engages the reader and brings humor to death.
Rita Sheppard
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing and suspenseful story that will keep you guessing who the real murderer is. There is no lack of suspect.

Jade Blackwell is an at home blogger and businesswoman whose best friend Liz Baker, also an at home blogger, has been stalked and eventually accused of murder. Jade make it her mission to find out who the killer is in spite of the warnings from the police to stay out of it. The depths that the stalker have gone to take over Liz’s life and business are incredible.

Jade is a
Catherine Stratman
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cyber-stalking and murder!

Our main character Jade is a work from home ghost writer, blogger and amateur sleuth. When her friend and fellow blogger is targeted by a crazed stalker, Jade tries to help Liz out of a jam. When the stalker is found dead in Liz's kitchen, the police figure it's an open and shut case. Jade and Liz's lawyer Gabby have to try to solve the crime to get Jade out of jail.

Love the characters and Aspen Falls. Learned a lot about blogging and internet security along the way. I
Maus
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much! It was not only an entertaining mystery, it was a bit of a crash course on cyber security and what not. I enjoyed the characters, especially Phyllis, so much! I look forward to reading all the books in this series, as well as other books by this talented author! I highly recommend this book, as well as the entire series!
Lora
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this mystery very much. I even learned some things along the way. Good character and plot development.
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3 star

Not bad. Would benefit from a touch more polish... and a bit less italics... But the mystery itself is decent.
Cissa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A timely mystery! Blackmail, monetized blogging, Internet stalking and doxxing, and identity theft feature in this murder mystery to good effect, as does Narcissistic Personality Disorder (albeit somewhat less successfully).

The set-up is solid- Jade is friends with Liz, who has a fairly ruthless Internet stalker on her heels… and when that stalker is murdered, Liz becomes the chief suspect, though this is partially due to actions on the victim’s part that I cannot see her as having motivation to
Ryan Stabile
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Blogging is Murder: A Jade Blackwell Mystery by Gilian Baker, the protagonist, Jade Blackwell, is a successful blogger and die-hard cozy mystery girl who finds herself the subject of her own murder mystery when her friend and fellow blogger, Liz, is framed for murder and thrown in jail. Without hesitation, Jade springs into action to find the real murderer and free her friend, despite the adversity and more than a handful of setbacks along the way.

Jade’s journey brings new excitement with ev
Elizabeth
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely Hooked!

I was immediately hooked! I love the characters, style, and quality of writing.
I can't wait to see where Jade will take us next!
Kathy Kirkland
Katherine P
Aug 04, 2017
Tari
Jun 17, 2017
Review Group: Beta readers needed for "Blogging is Murder" mystery novel 1 18 Jan 08, 2017 08:12PM

• The chocolate killer (DI Jack Gilbert Series #1)
  • Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: An Introvert's Year of Living Dangerously
  • Commute: An Illustrated Memoir of Female Shame
  • Bad at Adulting, Good at Feminism: Comics on Relationships, Life and Food
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • Rising Sun
  • I Am Ozzy
  • 薔薇監獄の獣たち (1)
  • The Asylum (The Forensic Genealogist #.5)
  • The 10 Worst Serial Killers
  • Beasts of Abigaile Vol. 3 (Beasts of Abigaile, #3)
  • Beasts of Abigaile Vol. 2 (Beasts of Abigaile, #2)
  • Beasts of Abigaile Vol. 4 (Beasts of Abigaile, #4)
  • No Place Like Home
  • The Stories She Tells
  • Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny
  • Final Exam: A Short Read (Coffee Shop Cozy Mystery Book 0)
  • Brownies and Dark Shadows (Sandy Bay Cozy Mystery Book 2)
Gilian Baker is a former English professor who finally threw in the towel and decided to just show ‘em how it’s done. She’s gone on to forge a life outside of academia by adding blogger, ghostwriter and cozy mystery author to her C.V. She currently uses her geeky superpowers only for good to entertain murder mystery readers the world over. When she’s not plotting murder for her Jade Blackwell cozy ...more

News & Interviews