Start by marking “The Hatter's Wife” as Want to Read:
The Hatter's Wife

The Hatter's Wife

Maddie Milner is mad.

She’s mad about being left behind in the town of Topside, and mad about not being mad enough to go that…that…place.

But most of all, Maddie’s mad to get her husband back – the Hatter – whose been stuck at a never-ending tea-party somewhere in the depths of Wonderland.

With time finally on her side, Maddie is determined to find a way into that…that…pla
Published February 1st 2017 by Black Quill Enterprises LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Hatter's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hatter's Wife

Faith Rivens
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-2017
A quirky novella with a strong female lead. This was such an enjoyable read and a bizarrely brilliant retelling of the Wonderland story we know so well.

Maddie Milner is the titular Hatter's Wife and she's on a quest to save her husband from Wonderland and have her revenge on the Queen of Hearts.

A fun story follows this premise and Anna pulls off a clever humour that adds to the enjoyment of the tale. The tone is consistent and easy to relax in. I lost track of time reading it.

I would love to h
Becky Wright
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly Bazaar! This is the second novella by Anna B. Madrise, I’ve had the pleasure of, and I have to say, it was as enjoyable as the first...maybe more.

The Hatter's Wife is not so much a rework or adaptation of a classic, more a spin-off...something that would have even delighted Carroll. Mad Maddie Milner, the devoted wife to the Hatter, is stark raving mad, a little like all who visit Wonderland. With help from ‘time’ and a spattering of quirky character, she quests to rescue her long-te
Sharman Badgett-Young
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun dance

Generally, I don't read funny stories because my sense of humor is out of tune with the populace. However, I enjoyed this book thoroughly. It was fun to be back in Wonderland, and the author's story fit the original silliness of Alice's tale so that they belonged together. The characters were mostly Lewis's, so The Hatter's Wife requires the reader to have a knowledge of Alice in Wonderland before hopping into this volume. A strong female figure and a touch of romance helped round out
Jolie
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved The Hatter’s Wife. Written in 1st person, you are taken through Wonderland while Mad Maddie Milner searches for her husband, Tippery Milner….aka The Mad Hatter.

As a fan of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (I have read both), I appreciate how closely the author followed those stories but at the same time put her own spin on them. I liked that the Mad Hatter had a wife who missed him and was willing to do anything to get him back.

Maddie Milner was hilarious. She
Moonika (bookandmoon)
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
A fun little story to entertain you for one evening, if you have a thing for wordplay, cleverly absurd humor, quirky characters, and/or are a fan of Alice in Wonderland. The latter though is not necessary, which is to say I enjoyed The Hatter's Wife without ever having read (or intending to read, yes, I'm savage) it's parent-story.

Bonus points for the pretty design of both cover and the chapter headers; I read The Hatter's Wife on kindle, but can only imagine how easy on the eye the physical cop
Allyson Grove
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Mad Maddie Milner was certainly my cup of tea. If I drank tea that is. I enjoyed this story immensely, with its zany dialogue and thoughts. It felt very hatterish. So if Wonderland is in your heart I highly recommend this fun jaunt to reclaim what was lost. Its well worth the Time!
Debra Lamey
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea.

I am not a fan of this type of story. I almost did not finish reading it as it did not hold my interest. But if you like convoluted conversations and storylines you might like this.
Dodie Stewart
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun!

Rollicking fun from Anna B. Madrise. Nicely played alternate adaptation of Aluce in Wonderland that stays true to the Lewis story. Laugh out loud in parts and satisfyingly clever without being smug. Definitely looking forward to seeing more!
Ann
Nadine Bookaholic
Feb 04, 2018
Lezli
Feb 05, 2018
Anna B. Madrise, is a multi-genre, fiction, author who is a happy "transplant" to the state of Georgia where she lives with her husband, and a menagerie of four-legged, furry, little monsters, that include four, fluffy-dogs, and one rock-star kitty-cat. She is an avid cook, kayaker, and garden-goddess through and through.

Anna is very active on Instagram: (@anna.b.madrise_author) where she #booksta