Start by marking “Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)

Kato

(Stone Warriors #2)

It was a time when gods walked the earth, when armies fought not for bits of land, but for the very existence of humanity. On such a battlefield, five formidable warriors stood against an evil greater than any the earth had ever seen. But evil is not an honorable foe. Betrayed by someone they trusted, the warriors were cursed, one by one, tossed into the maelstrom of time, ...more
Published June 23rd 2017 by ImaJinn Books

Start your review of Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)
Dali
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another exciting, shouldn’t be missed novel in the Stone Warriors series by the author who gave us Vampires in America.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
10/15/19
Now available in audio!!!
Audible link: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Stone-...

Blog Review posted on Release Day 6/23/17: http://sweptawaybyromance.com/release...

5 Action Packed Sexy Stars!

Kato is a millennia old warrior who’s not only very powerful in magic but, also has a powerful presence once he is finally released from his stone prison. When he is freed from his prison by unsuspecting Grace, Kato (along with Grace) embark on a mission to track down and eliminate the dangerous
Karla
5 Stars! A magical read!

After a fantastic start with the first book in this series, Damian, the author once again proves why she is one of the best voices in paranormal romance because Kato “ROCKED”! Always consistent, the author adds all the elements we expect from her in this read; a strong, protective swoon-worthy hero, a smart kick-ass heroine, witty banter, an original and creative plot, and enough heat to crack a stone!

You can’t help but fall in love with Kato and Grace. Kato’s a big tough
Mei
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
What a wonderful addition to the series!

Both Kato and Grace were great! I appreciated the fact that Grace was not an empty-headed Young idiot who went crazy when faced with demons, but had a very honest and natural reaction to everything she encountered in this story!

First she's bewildered, then disbelieving, then understanding, then angry, then reacting! Just as it should be!

Also, she’ve never hidden her attraction to Kato and didn’t have any problem with asking for what she wanted! ;-)

Kato was
RachelW (BamaGal)
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Kato has some good and interesting wordbuilding, especially how Reynolds is portraying and using demons in this world. Grace is a good character, not tstl or weak. The author has usually done well by her female characters, and Grace pretty much holds her own with Kato. As with the with the character of Damian in the first book, Kato is an ancient warrior encased in stone by magic until someone breaks the curse.

Also as with the first book, Kato takes to the unknown world of the 21st century with
Cassandra
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I received a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!

This is the 2nd book in a spin-off from Vampires in America. This is for adults only due to the steamy content. I highly recommend reading this series in order, but I also highly recommend reading Vampires in America because you will understand this world better and Nick. Of
Karen Roma
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
D.B. Reynolds second instalment in the Stone Warriors explodes off the pages in a maelstrom of danger, magic and mayhem; with fast-paced, adrenaline-packed, thrill a minute action, there’s no doubt Kato will reel in a whole new cohort of devoted fans.

And why wouldn’t it? Kato’s story has it all; an evil so profound it taints the very air you breathe, a deep seated mystery of epic proportions, and a slow rising desire that ignites the senses and erupts in an explosion of fast burning passion.

A
ValerieC
The fight scenes were good. The repetition really got to me. This could have been 50 pages shorter.
Rosemary
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as usual, anything written by this lady is a 5++++++ for me.
Aly is so frigging bored
Every time Ms Reynolds mentioned the Dark Witch I wanted to bang my head on a hard surface, anything :))
The BookChick
Some people are good writers and are able to create a solid story with memorable moments and likable characters. Others are master storytellers and able to create new worlds full of thrills, chills, swoons, and gasps. For me, DB Reynolds definitely falls into the master storyteller category. Whenever I pick up a new book from her I always have a quiet conversation with myself before I start reading. It goes something like, "Don't get your hopes up. She couldn't possibly outdo her last 5-star ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
DBR doesn't let you down, you know when you spend your hard earned money you are going to get a well thought out plot, with romance, suspense, alpha heroes, kickass heroines and twists you don't see coming. Kato speaks to all this.

Thanks Netgalley for the sneak peak but I'm still buying this novel for my favorites shelf. Kato is another stone warrior and it takes a special woman to break him out of his curse and we have that woman in spades. Demons are the villain in this outing and our heroes
Megan
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
This is book 2 in the Stone Warrior series. While this does stand alone there are characters and a background story arc from the previous book mentioned in this book. I would suggest reading them in order but it's necessary to enjoy the book.

Kato is a fairly serious and self contained warrior. He posses dark magic so his life had been full of challenges, snap judgements, and some fear until he met up with his 'brothers.' Once he and his brothers are cursed, Kato is trapped in stone for
Lover of Romance
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Kato is a book that I have been pretty eager to grab up ever since reading the first book "Damian". This series is about five warriors, who united many years previous to fight against a great evil. But then they were all betrayed and were magically turned into stone warriors. In this story our warrior is Kato, who had been cursed by his mothers genes who was a evil witch. He is a honorable fighter, and brother and this is his story.

In this
Katrina
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*

An improvement on the first book - I found Kato more appealing than Damian, who, IMHP was an ass. And while it got steamy - no one can despute that Ms Reynolds can give you hot flushes, somehow I found chemistry between Kato and Grace pretty inert and romance not convincing . Still, there is at least 2 or maybe 3 books to go ( will Nico get one as well?) and from the snippet at the end action happens in Japan. Looking forward to the change of scenery.
Marishka
Safety (view spoiler) ...more
Leigh
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars
Kato is book 2 in the Stone Warriors series. I really liked how this one started with the words of the curse, I don't remember that with Damian but it was a great addition. Kato was awesome, he is very powerful being the son of the Dark Witch but with that power comes pain from the curse his mother put on him. Grace is the woman who frees Kato from his stone prison. I enjoyed her very much but again like Casey she became a little annoying by the end. Her attitude toward Nick was not necessary, ...more
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. I loved the first book in this series but this one just didn't work for me as well as the previous one. It started a bit slow and took awhile to really get going for me. I also never really felt the chemistry between the main characters. They fell instantly in lust and I was never really sure why they fell in love. Kato also was able to function in the 21st century a little too easily for a guy who had been locked in stone for 1000's of years.

But I still enjoyed the book and the
Kara-karina
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5
I think I'm jinxed with this series, peeps. I adore D.B.'s Vampires in America series, but I can not buy into romantic lines in Stone Warriors. Love the overall plot, but not the instalove. I far prefer slow burn attraction, but I totally understand that the format of this series dictates otherwise.

Saying all that, I loved Kato and Grace. They were interesting, and layered. Grace kept pulling rabbits out of the hat when I least expected it, and Kato knew far more than you could have
Llaph
One of the things I like most about Reynolds is that she writes the best female characters, except one who I can’t really stand to read about so even though I’ve read and re-read each of her books I avoid Rajmund like it has the plague. Grace was a wonderful character. She was strong, smart, perceptive, and flexible when it came to the weird/magic. I love reading about her loyalty to Kato and how she stood up to Nick and Damian when she thought he was being wronged. Grace’s interactions with ...more
Lorna
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, arc
(RabidReads.com)D.B. Reynolds is the author of the series, Vampires in America, a series that I happen to love. For some reason, I missed the first book in this new series, but when I saw this book on Net Galley, I knew I had to request it in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Grace Van Allen is doing her post doctoral fellowship at a museum in Southern California. She is an expert in deciphering ancient languages and is working diligently on some ancient scrolls. Her workstation is in the
Tracie R
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgally
Kati is book 2 in the Stone Warriors series and Wow what a great addition it is. Ms. Reynolds never fails to be able to draw me in, living the story with the characters never know what will come next. Powerful stone warriors from the past, an evil like no other and a passion that won’t be denied this one has it all.
Questian
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-to-read
Finally done with the second book!

Looking forward to the next!!

The setting is in JAPAN!!
Myst
Very much enjoyed this! This reminds me of julia mills kings of the blood series. The characters were all interesting to read.
This is a voluntary review and I do not get paid for this review.
Heather Emery
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3+, I sort of feel the same way as I did with book one. "The story for this series started a little slow for me. I found myself setting it down often and coming back to it later. This doesn't usually happen with this author. I still think it was a great book, just a little slower then I would have like." Also, I didn't want to hear about the Dark Witch so often, it was too much for me too.
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf-scifi
3.5 / 5 for all three books thus far in the series. Dunno exactly why, since I haven’t totally loved other books from this author, but these just sucked me right in!
Robin
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maybe 4 1/2. Good but I couldn't quite latch on to Kato and Grace. Not sure what was missing for me. Still good. I know it was Grace and Kato's story but I kind of wish that Damian and Nic had gotten involved a bit earlier.

Elizabeth Allen
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was ok but not as engaging as Damian in the first book. The tracking and killing of 3 demons was really tedious. I liked Kato but not Grace so much. She was ridiculous charging after Kato herself near the end and I really disliked her attitude to Nick. I will read on but this was a disappointment.
Paraphrodite
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
4 stars.

An enjoyable read with a good mix of action and romance. I enjoyed this much more than the first book Damian.

Kato makes a sympathetic hero with his dark past and his joy at reuniting with his brothers so heartfelt. Our heroine Grace is a surprising mix of scholar and warrior, given her privileged background. The epilogue is very intriguing, especially since Raphael is mentioned. The lack of the vampire lords is probably the only negative I have with this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
D.B.Reynolds Fanclub: Kato 1 9 May 06, 2017 02:59AM

• Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2)
  • Core's Attack (Cosmos' Gateway, #6)
  • Wicked Kiss (Realm Enforcers, #4)
  • Hunter (Immortals of New Orleans #10)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
  • Wicked Bite (Realm Enforcers, #5)
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon #9)
  • Drakon's Plunder (Blood of the Drakon, #3)
  • Hunted by Darkness (Darkness #4)
  • Reluctant King (Reluctant Royals #1)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15)

Stone Warriors (4 books)
  • Damian (Stone Warriors, #1)
  • Gabriel (Stone Warriors, #3)
  • Dragan (Stone Warriors, #4)