Start by marking “Cause to Fear (Avery Black Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Cause to Fear (Avery Black Mysteries #4)

Cause to Fear

(Avery Black Mysteries #4)

“A dynamic story line that grips from the first chapter and doesn't let go.”
--Midwest Book Review, Diane Donovan (regarding Once Gone)

From #1 bestselling author Blake Pierce comes a new masterpiece of psychological suspense: CAUSE TO FEAR (An Avery Black Mystery—Book 4).

When a body turns up floating beneath the frozen Charles River, the Boston Police summons its most
Published March 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Cause to Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cause to Fear

Start your review of Cause to Fear (Avery Black Mysteries #4)
Matt
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Blake Pierce has a lot in store for Avery Black in this fourth novel in the mystery series. After being offered the sergeant position within Homicide, Black is seriously considering it, though there are a few impediments. She is busy enough with work, but will the promotion make things even worse? Can her relationship with her daughter, Rose, withstand the potential change of responsibilities? Then, there is her ongoing relationship with partner Dan Ramirez, which has been moving at light speed. ...more
Wissal Houdaifa
Ramirez Un Tome très diversifié, enquête surprenante d’un tueur obsédé par la glace et la perfection, poste de Sergent attend l’accord de inspectrice Avery Black sans doute relation émotionnelle et améliorée entre Avery Et sa unique fille mais le malheur c’est que son équipier et Son amoureux Ramirez était victime d’une agression par un suspect potentiel , et il est hospitalisé jusqu’à maintenant à la réanimation en coma je suis impatiente pour le tome suivant ...more
Lynn
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG

I swear I think I've become obsessed with these darn books. Form the minute I start one I literally CANNOT put it down until I finish it. Now this one ended in a place where I definitely HAVE to read the next one.
Joy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great story, but I was disappointed with the "ending". It was left up in the air, and you need to buy the next book to find out what happened to one of the characters. It was as if the book was not properly finished. I felt there were enough unknowns and interest factors to encourage the reader to purchase the next book without leaving the fate of one of the main characters hanging.

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
These books are incredibly addictive and as you can see from my reading list, I am reading them at the rate of knots. I have been devouring this series and every other series this author has written. What I will note, is that the books seem to be getting shorter at the same price point and the editing leaves a lot to be desired. However, the stories just bring me back for more and more and more.
Gloria
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant detective murder mystery with the enigmatic protagonist, Avery Black. As usual Blake Pierce's writing is pure genius. His characterisations are perfect and pitches the pace perfectly. I've loved all his work to date and long may I continue to do so.
ronald c. greenberg
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great thrilling read

Fast paced with great plot with believable characters and plot. The ending was not expected since its begs the next book. Had the next not been available now I would have been pissed. But it is and I’m starting today
Tracy Jaegers
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still hanging

I can't stop here. Too many unanswered questions. I hope the next book is available. Hurry hurry. I simply can't wait!
dawn mann
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really liked this book , different from others in series and different twist in plot! Excited to read the final book
Bbre2na
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Naked naked all four books about naked women with different stories nice plot,too much explanation like book notes
Stefani
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avery black

I love this series! Getting ready to read the 5th final book. I would recommend this to any true crime junkie.
Edward A. Adams
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. The Avery Black series is great!!!!

ThevAvery Black series is terrific. Can't wait for the next one. In the meantime I bought another of his books
Jessie
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Argh! One more to go
Thomas R. Winscher
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Story

This was an exciting read with a surprise ending. Put together nicely with lots of twists and turns. The character development was excellent and the ending exciting.
Amanda
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
gaaaaah! cliffhanger!!!! so good. bummed book 5 isn't on audible yet. had to buy kindle book seconds after finishing book 4!
Ruth
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
More of the same; average at best.
Stephani Elise
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easily the best one of the series so far. I hope there's another!!!
Kirine
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Not only do we get a strong intelligent heroine in Avery Black, but also character development, and an excellent murder mystery.
Kellygabourygmail.com
Aug 14, 2019
Ashley
Jun 23, 2018

• Zenith Man
  • Over The Edge (PI Jocelyn Rush #2.5)
  • Can You Feel This?
  • Cross Your Heart (Detective Jess Bishop, #2)
  • Exploited (Kate Lange #4)
  • If Only Forever (The Inn at Sunset Harbor-Book 4)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Galactic Law (Galactic Law #1)
  • Unleashed (Long, Tall Texans #50)
  • Forever My Hero (Blessings, Georgia #7)
  • Wyoming Rugged (Wyoming Men, #5)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • Enemy Within (Jack Forge, Lost Marine Book 7)
  • Tied to the Stern (Coastal Justice Book 9)
  • Turn Back Time (Alex Mercer Thriller, #2)
  • Forever and For Always (The Inn at Sunset Harbor #2)
  • Donors (Agent Jade Monroe FBI Thriller, #3)
  • Forever, With You (The Inn at Sunset Harbor-Book 3)
Blake Pierce is author of the bestselling RILEY PAGE mystery series, which includes seven books (and counting). Blake Pierce is also the author of the MACKENZIE WHITE mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); of the AVERY BLACK mystery series, comprising four books (and counting); and of the new KERI LOCKE mystery series.

An avid reader and lifelong fan of the mystery and thriller

Avery Black Mysteries (6 books)
  • Cause to Kill (Avery Black Mystery, #1)
  • Cause to Run (Avery Black Mystery, #2)
  • Cause to Hide (Avery Black Mystery #3)
  • Cause to Save (Avery Black Mysteries #5)
  • Cause to Dread (Avery Black Mysteries #6)