Start by marking “Something to Dye For (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Something to Dye For (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #2)

Something to Dye For

(Curl Up and Dye Mysteries #2)

A phone call in the middle of the night forces Detective Gabriel Wyatt out of his warm bed and into the frigid night to identify the body of a murdered man whose wallet contains Gabe’s business card instead of an ID. That night sets off a chain of events that chills Gabe to his bones when it appears that the killer has set his eyes on a new target – Josh Roman.

Josh comes f
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 241 pages
Published January 3rd 2017 by Aimee Nicole Walker;

Jaime

Something to Dye For is book 2 in Aimee Nicole Walker's "Curl up and Dye Series" and we are back with Josh and Gabe! This book is a true sequel and picks up where book one left off, so yes you need to read book one, Dyeing to be Loved , and read them in order.

This story is just as full of passion, mystery, happiness, and sexy times as book one and the chemistry between Gabe and Josh continues to grow and burn like an inferno. In addition, there is exceptional character growth for both of our
Ariana
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku, lgbtq, not-for-me
*2,5 stars*

This is not for me.

The only real mystery here is why the series was named as such.
The mystery plot is totally secondary to Josh and Gabe. Not that I didn't want to know how their relationship (and they finally agree they have one) develops, but all in all ...

Not much happens at all in most of the book. Okay, we do get some minor excitement in the form of Billy, one of the guys from Josh's past who behaves like a real douchebag. Apart from that the plot felt flat and construed. Not eve
Denise H.
**** Gabe, our sexy detective gets a call to identify a body.

It's the man who asked him for help in book one, Nate.
Next comes the threats to Josh,

our Hair Salon owner and Gabe's boyfriend. There will be more threats also, like slashed tires, and pics, etc. As with our last story, we get witty banter, snarky comments, with wild and extremely sexy times, plus a twisty plot.

Lovable Josh and tough guy Gabe have been doing well. The events are making them even closer, stronger and more sure of e
BWT (Belen)
ETA for audiobook: The narration just makes this better. Joel Leslie is absolutely sublime with great character voices, and impressive emotional range, terrific timing and pacing. Things that annoyed me when reading fell away completely when listening.That's just how good Joel Leslie is.

There's something about the Curl Up and Dye Mysteries series that pulls me in like a tractor beam. I love the supporting characters and seeing Josh and Gabe reach their full relationship potential is addicting.

Chris
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
These two are so perfect together- Gabe adores his Sunshine Josh and his Alpha protective mode comes out when Josh is threatened. The dramas continue as always but the depth of love between Josh & Gabe only deepens. I really loved the chemistry and intimacy between them..... damn that it ended with a cliffy- sure hope book 3 is ready to go asap !
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
Mother F'n cliffhanger.

Just as refreshing as the first...which I still need to review.

I am totally digging this series.

I am not pleased about the wait.

Josh and Gabe are hot as fuck.
Viv
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I think I actually liked this book even better than book 1. I loved how much Josh and Gabe love and trust each other. The mysteries were better in this one and all is not resolved yet. I look forward to the next book in the series!
Diverse
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in Aimee Nicole Walker’s Curl Up & Dye Mysteries. When we first met Gabe and Josh they were at each other’s throats. It was almost too much for my heart to take. When book one ended they were together and happy.
In Something to Dye For they are blissfully in love.

I can’t begin to tell you how much enjoyment I got out of these two when they were loving all over each other. Josh… he's come so far in this book and I admired his strength in every aspect.

Gabe, seriously? Can h
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review 09Mar2019: 4.5 Stars

Still am not on board with the voice Joel uses for Gabe, but OMG his Josh is perfection. Even better the second time around, too. (That cliffhanger ending is a doozy, despite knowing what comes next anyway.)

Original Rating 23May2017: 4.2 Stars

What the heck is up with that ending? It felt so abrupt...and yet unresolved at the same time.

Otherwise, I loved the characters & their relationship. I love how they talk things out and face things head-on; no miscommuni
Jessica Frances
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! I loved this book so much. Because this is the second book in this series, all the characters have been established, and Gabe and Josh have already had their bumps and miscommunication in getting together, so this book felt like it flowed so much better. I didn't warm up to Josh as much in the first book, but I loved him in this one! Because we got more of a glimpse into his past and what happened to him, he was so much easier to understand. And his banter with Gabe was so hilarious. ...more
Melissa
Gabe and Josh are such a cute couple. The mystery/murder is secondary for me to their relationship. I find myself not caring about the police investigation when it's not related to Josh. I just think this guys are so cute and cuddly. Highly recommend for the adorbs factor. This does end on a sort of cliffhanger - (view spoiler)

This book just has everything I like in a lig
~Mindy Lynn~
I love a book that picks up right where the last book ended and this one does just that.

There is so much goodness happening in this one and I really enjoyed it so much more than the last book. I feel like that is going to be a reoccurring event with this series.

First off I have to talk about the relationship between Josh and Gabe. I didn't say much about it in my review for the first book because I felt like they were still on shaky ground. Not the case at all in this book. I love how the autho
Rachel Emily
I LOVE Josh and Gabe!

I love that Josh is unapologetically HIM, he isn't going to change who he is for anyone, and he'll stand up for himself. And I LOVE that Gabe is the same way - he's openly gay in a small town and he's a cop, but he's gonna go up and kiss his boyfriend in public and not care who might see.

I also am loving the other group of characters. I love Josh's friends, I love Gabe's coworkers, and I love the nosy people who are helping to keep Josh's business booming lol

Great series,
Amanda
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is so much better than Book 1 simply because Josh and Gabe are finally settling into their new relationship. Josh was so frustrating with his hot and cold attitude previously, but here we have none of that. Josh seems to be growing as a person who is ready to throw caution to the wind and embrace a new man in his life. Sometimes he still have worries and doubts, but his action shows that he was pretty much in love with Gabe.

Gabe is as awesome as he was previously. He seems to be the most so
Lisa
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was better thanh the first in the fact that we were over the 'should I, shouldn't I' phase and both MCs had more or less decided that they were in a relationship. There is a murder subplot along with a drugs one and the murder goes into book 3.

I am liking the 2 MCs and their world aslong with the secondary characters.
On to the third book..
Cadiva
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This would have had 4 stars if not for the cliff hanger

I hate cliff hangers with a burning passion. Seriously, they drive me nuts and, as the first book in this series had wrapped up the mystery in it before laying down the start of the next, I expected the same from this.

Unfortunately not. While one element of the two different threads running through the book has a conclusion, the main one which started at the end of book one, doesn't.

Other than that, this book was another enjoyable romp with
Lindsay
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Do they like to have sex? I couldn't tell.

*honestly, I like a good scene as much as the next person (see basically my entire GR list) and I never thought I'd say this but too much! Too, too much. At one point, I really just wanted to know who the killer was. The entire story, mistakenly thought to be a romance/mystery, was just them having sex and oh btw, someone is killed but we're not too concerned about it bc the MCs are busy reassuring each other that they actually like each other. With thei
Elizabeth
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Man I liked this one better than the first. The book ends on a big cliffhanger and the mystery aspect of the book is really beginning to shine. The romance between Josh and Gabe has finally reached a more acceptable level of maturity and the guys seem to be headed in the right direction. I want to read the next one to see if this case will finally unravel.
Claudia
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
even better than the first book. this series has it all: humor, spark and interesting suspense story
B
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audibles
Very very good.
Pebbles1374
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like Gabe and Josh and looking forward to the next one :)
Zan
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
So sexy...

“Oh,” I said softly. Truthfully, I had only ever bottomed before and the idea of topping Gabe intimidated me.
“Didn’t expect that answer, did you?” Gabe walked to me and cupped my face. “I’d welcome the feel of you inside me, Josh. In fact, I crave it.”
“No,” I said hurriedly, “it’s not that. It’s just…” I thought about how I could express what I was feeling without sounding pathetic. “No one has ever wanted me in that way.”
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
I definitely enjoyed this one a lot more than the first one. It does end with another cliffhanger, so there will be another book! Loving these two together!
ilovebakedgoods (Teresa)
I enjoyed the development of each character in and out of their relationship.
- sleepy 'review'
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

I love that this author has strong women, strong people of color, strong women of color.

I think it's also cool to have a twink with facial hair, it's just that I hate facial hair and it doesn't fit with the flamboyant personality in my mind. I can't imagine anyone thinking someone with a beard was effeminate either. But those are just my own issues.

How do combination lockers have master keys?

Great observation about bigots being okay with certain people they're prejudiced against if th
Briana
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
4 Stars~~
OK, now I'm fully invested in these two.

The story picks up where the last one left off, building up to the L-word. Josh has many defenses built up and the patience, and tenderness that Gabe shows towards his skittish lover is the kind of sweetness that more people need to learn. This series is taking full advantage of the slow burn, making each step they take count. Gabe and Josh have a back and forth that is adorable with the way they playfully tease one another.

I've never lived in
Darlene
This series is soooooo good! I love Gabe and Josh, they are vibrant, bold and sexy. This book brings us another case for Detective sexy Gabe to solve in where the love of his life, Josh is in danger. Josh is scared, he tired of feeling helpless, but he agrees with his lover with the changes he dicates has to be done to Josh's home. Gabe ends up staying over more at Josh's home then his own house with the danger his beloved is in. These is not a burden because he wants to be there anyway.

The sex
Diane Dannenfeldt
It was obvious who the crazy was but that didn’t take away from the story. I loved watching these two grow as a couple. Loved both sets of parents and was glad that there was not hate filled drama from either side. I love Savage. Off to the next one.
JR
This is a good series, with likeable, snarky characters. The mystery is building which makes me want to read the next one. All and all a "funtastic" read.
E
Just not feeling this series.
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
  • Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water, #2)
  • Strange Medicine (Dr. Maxwell Thornton Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Flash and Bang (Death and Destruction, #2)
  • The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • Criminal Intentions: It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions, Season One, #5)
  • The Phisher King
  • Eater of Lives (SPECTR, #4)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Double Down (Doubleback, #2)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Dead Speak (Cold Case Psychic #1)
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb! #1)
I'm a wife and mother of three teenage kids. I've been married to the same wonderful man for twenty years. I've decided that if I can survive raising three kids then I can survive anything!! I haven't uttered the Mama's curse yet, but it could happen any day now. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you someday."

I'm an avid reader and lover of all things romance. I've spent my ent

Curl Up and Dye Mysteries (7 books)
  • Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1)
  • Dyed and Gone to Heaven (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #3)
  • I Do, or Dye Trying (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries,#4)
  • A Dye Hard Holiday (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #5)
  • Ride or Dye (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6)
  • Candy Hearts and Chaos (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6.5)
“If you want to be happy in life you either need to be someone’s ray of sunshine or the sky that allows them to shine bright.” I” 5 likes
“If you want to be happy in life you either need to be someone’s ray of sunshine or the sky that allows them to shine bright.” 1 likes