Start by marking “The Three Little Superpigs” as Want to Read:
The Three Little Superpigs

The Three Little Superpigs

Three Little Superpigs
Published September 29th 2016 by Fourth Wall Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Three Little Superpigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Little Superpigs

Start your review of The Three Little Superpigs
Almira
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is yet another take on the 3 pigs and the bad wolf, naturally, this will be used at storytime.

So, the 3 little pigs capture the wolf, he is carted away to prison - the folks in "fairyland" are overjoyed with the news, proclaim the pigs "The Three Little Superpigs", who now spend their days being heroes, "fighting crime and stopping the nursery rhyme bad guys." Suddenly, bricks are missing here and there, all over "fairyland" and the Superpigs are on the case. But, that big bad wolf is not
Shauna Yusko
I'm frustrated by this one, because if one of my 7th graders had written this for our picture book project I would have made them redo the ending because it comes out of nowhere.
Jenn
I love a great adaptation. This one is creative and (view spoiler). Skye got this for Christmas (originally from Scholastic Book Fair). hope there is a sequel.

2019 Staff Challenge- Year of the Pig
Kate Willis
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
My nephews love superheroes, so when I saw this book I immediately thought of them and brought it home from the library. It ended up being an instant favorite. XD Six read-alouds (if you can't get one auntie to read it, try another), philosophical and scientific questions, and much poring over the pictures ensued. I'm now on the lookout for more books for my superhero-obsessed little friends, and I'm glad we found this humorous and exciting one. ;) (Apparently, there's a first book, so back to ...more
Brenda Kahn
A cute fairy tale sequel featuring zippy art and a fair amount of humor.
Katie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I read this book at the end of the day with my Year 1 class and they just loved it. Lots of fun with fantastic pictures for them to look at!
Stefani Guthrie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teachers, parents and children
This book is a cute sequel to the classic book, The Three Little Pigs. It takes place after the pigs have captured the Big Bad Wolf. He is now in prison, and the Pigs gained "Super Pig" status. The entire town considers them heroes. The Pigs are enjoying being heroes when a problem arises. Bricks from buildings all over town are disappearing. Nobody knows what is going on. It isn't long before the Super Pigs are informed that the Big Bad Wolf has escaped prison. They know he must have something ...more
Bethany
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens after the Three Little Pigs put the Wolf in jail? Well, he plots his revenge of course! THE THREE LITTLE SUPERPIGS tells the story of how the wolf got out of jail and attempts to catch the three little pigs again. The only problem is that they're still smarter than the wolf.

Before this story, I never wondered happens after the original story of the three little pigs. Now, I realize there's so much more left to tell. The wolf is clever, but the pigs are always going to be a step
AnnDee
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story serves as a sequel to the original story of the three little pigs. After the big bad wolf is sent away to jail, the three little pigs are named super-heroes by everyone in Fairyland. The pigs help everyone rebuild the city out of brick so that they will be safer in the future. However, the wolf gets out of jail and begins stealing bricks one-by-one from around the city. The pigs find out and upon heading out to investigate, realize that the wolf has used the stolen brick to build a ...more
zapkode
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – Everyone has read the story of The Three Little Pigs. This story is a continuation of that story. It’s an interesting take of what could have taken place after the original story had taken place. I really enjoyed reading this authors continuation of the story.

The words on the pages match the illustrations within the book nicely. The story is well thought out and well put together. The author definitely had put a lot of thought into this story and how they thought it could be
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Evans, Claire The Three Little SuperPigs. PICTURE BOOK. Scholastic, 2018. $18. 9781338245455.

The Three Little Pigs have sent the Big Bad Wolf off to jail and are hailed as heroes by the other animals in the forest. Now they are Superpigs! When the Wolf escapes, however, the pigs must escape his clutches by being more clever than they were before.

Time in prison helped the wolf get smarter about his attack, rather than just huffing and puffing, but while he was away, the pigs weren’t lazy. There
Rachel Grover
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute continuation of the Three Little Pigs story. There was a section that I thought I had missed a page, when the 3rd pig was running away and suddenly he was untying his brothers. What? That was kind of a large jump for me. The illustrations were great with little nuances - the crowd at the beginning was all familiar fairy tale characters, the stack of books with the wolf in jail had cute titles, etc. Will recommend to my creative writing teacher, especially for the twist ending and writing ...more
Kids who are familiar with the original will enjoy learning what happens after the pigs capture the wolf in their big stew pot and he goes to jail. Naturally, the pigs become superheroes, but what happens when the Big Bad Wolf breaks out of jail?

Hilarious! This continuation of the story of the Three Little Pigs is wonderful. The illustrations are perfect and the story is clever and well-written. This will make a nice addition to a pig or superhero themed story time.
Jaymie
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A clever premise, but didn't live up to my hopes. This takes place after the original Three Pigs story. The pigs aren't so much "superheroes" but more are "heroes" because they took care of the Wolf in the original tale. The revenge plan of the Wolf's was great, but the pigs' solution seemed abrupt and came out of nowhere. I would have liked to have some hints along the story that set up the solution.
Barbara
The three little pigs are enjoying successful careers as crimefighters after successfully dealing with the Big Bad Wolf. While he might be down, he's clearly not out. Even from his restricted state, he plots revenge and lures them to his domain after making a jail break. But these pigs are smarter than the wolf, and they use a jet pack to escape his clutches, leaving him stuck in the prison he planned for them. Brightly-colored illustrations fill each page, allowing readers to see clearly the ...more
Paulina Paredes
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-choice-5
This book is about a fox trying to get revenge on the super pigs because they were able to send him to jail. This book keeps kids on their toes because you don't know if the pigs are going to be stick with the fox or if there really is a way out but, of course, the pigs find a way out by flying their way out! Once again, they celebrate and are named the Super Heroes of the town.
Pam
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clever continuation of the Three Little Pigs story. They've become crime fighters in Fairyland. The Big Bad Wolf escapes from jail and plots his revenge. The third little pig again outsmarts him after his brothers are captured.
References to several other fairy tales throughout the book.
Illustrations are cheerful and offer extras for the story.
Asho
I'm giving this three stars because S ordered this from his Scholastic order this month and was excited to get it. However, it's really more a 2 star read for me, mostly because I feel like the ending didn't make a lot of sense and was abrupt and not set up properly by the rest of the book. Cute concept, but wish it had been better executed.
Pamela Powell
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The Three Little Pigs become superheroes after the Big Bad Wolf goes to jail, but the wolf isn't content to stay behind bars. Can the Superpigs foil the Wolf again? Young students will love this twist on the old story.
Kaitlin
I'm usually the last person to label a book "too scary," as children are much tougher than we often give them credit for. But this story creeped. me. out. Seriously, I might have nightmares about a key-making wolf getting into MY house tonight.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Students really enjoyed this as a read aloud!
Madison Boyd
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Traditional Literature
Grade level: PreK-3rd Grade
I loved this twist on the original Three Little Pigs! I was able to read it to a student and it was so awesome seeing the look on his face!
DaNae
Fun idea, poorly delivered.
Elizabeth
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny, excellently illustrated, warm, and I can stand reading it 10 times in a row which means I feel safe giving it as a gift to someone with kids.
Kelly Veatch
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Absolutely adorable!!! Love this book!
Laura H
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
My classroom of 2nd graders loved this story. This was a great addition to add to our opinion writing unit on which superpower kids would like to have. Very cute!
Dian Burns
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darling, darling, darling little book about what happens after the original story of the Three Little Pigs ended.
Killian
Cute "what-happens-next" type story for a classic fairy tale. The solution at the end comes a bit out of nowhere, but a cute read nonetheless.
Amy Balaich
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slight twist on the original story of the Three Little Pigs. Great colorful illustrations!
Evelyn
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! My class of 5th graders loved it. We had quite a few chuckles and loved the illustrations!

• Jack B. Ninja