Start by marking “Never Match a Dragon (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #7)” as Want to Read:
Never Match a Dragon (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #7)

Never Match a Dragon

(Chinese Zodiac Romance #7)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  65 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Never burn a dragon
Tonight should be like any other night on the job for matchmaking apprentice Jade Tan. Except, the woman who's supposed to meet her mate stands him up instead, and the gorgeously furious dragon Liem Long demands Jade take her place. But what begins as a harmless fill-in date soon erupts into a devastating--and disastrous--passion.

Never let him seduce
Published January 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Never Match a Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Match a Dragon

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Never Match a Dragon (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #7)
Lindsay
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Leim and Jade are amazing together... if they'd just realize it! I absolutely loved reading their tale, and the imagery was spot on for me. I could feel, smell, and almost taste the book scenery throughout. I think Leim is my favorite dragon and I want to cuddle his smell... and maybe be Jade for a day, haha.
I can't wait to see what comes next!
Cherri-Anne
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready, Jade? 5 JADE GEMSTONES

Ready for what? To have your mind blown. HOLY DRAGON'S FIRE!! What a FLAMENOMENAL BOOK!! I love, Love, LOVE every little funny part, hot moment, every touching, infuriating & unpredictable one too! The way that Rachael describes all of the dragon-y stuff feels like she is sharing HER PERSONAL, errr DRAGONAL experiences! The multifaceted characters are entertaining, hilarious, strong and just outright ones that I fell in love with instantly! In fact, based
Amber
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
writing itself was okay, plot twist was ridiculously transparent, and was left with discomfort over cultural exploitation that wouldn't have been entirely out of place in the Victorian era. I can handle gimmicks to a certain degree, but I just don't like it when a culture is treated like a gimmick. Like, there didn't seem much of an attempt to even try and actually include the culture she's clearly using. If you're going to exploit someone at least put some effort in.
Before anyone asks, I'm
Lyn Mckenzie
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a book that hooks you from the first page, it has enough mystery to it that it makes you want to read more and find out what is going to happen next in this tale.

For me Jade is an amazing character, she is an extremely likable character, someone who is just trying to make her life a better life. She is someone that readers can instantly relate to, someone who has hopes, fears and dreams just like anyone else. She is a very strong and courageous woman who is also unsure of
Gladys
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Jade and Liem. This is a wonderfully unique book and series that is well written, has a deep, immersive world and likable characters. A storyline that is a brilliant blend of shifter romance, post-apocalyptic world, mythology and the battle between good and evil. With humor, action, drama and steamy passion, this book does not disappoint. This is a very entertaining and enjoyable book in a engaging series. I'm posting a completely honest, voluntary review.
Curly's  Ramblings
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liem and Jade's story is a cute, erotic short read. The story is captivating and intriguing with nice world building. I did not want it to end. Jade is a matchmaker's assistant. Liem is a client. Their journey together wasn't supposed to be.
Linda Levine
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

It is a pretty quick read. It is a fun read about a dragon searching for his mate and the assistant to the matchmaker that he discovers he wants for his own. They have an interesting journey together.
Klara Melman
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely read.

I enjoyed this book very much. Both hero and heroine were different and well developed characters. I will follow this author.
Kimberly
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 7

The book ended weird but I'm guessing it was a set up for the next one. It was certainly enjoyable.
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
***I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review, which was first posted on book blog Will Read for Feels.

Steamy fantasy romance author Rachael Slate offers up more dragon love with her latest novella, Never Match a Dragon, book 7 in her Chinese Zodiac Romance series. Unlike previous books in the series, though, we see very little talk of the worldwide epidemic that plagues the world or the
Janice
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Review of Never Match A Dragon ( A Chinese Zodiac Romance) by Rachael Slate

Soul Mates - 5+++ stars

If you've read any of the other books in this series, you will know who the Matchmaker is and how she works in very mysterious ways. Jade Tan has been a matchmaker apprentice for the last year and a half. She has seen a mix of responses, most resulting in an ecstatic, lovey-dovey couples. Since the Matchmaker had paired Jade's parents, she wanted to be a part of the process. With her vivid green
Gina Roberts
There be dragons here!!

Once again, Rachael Slate has dug deeper (pardon the pun) into the mystical world occupied by the stories of Chinese Zodiac Romance. Strong characters--and a hot alpha male that could melt any woman's resistance even without dragon fire--involved in an intricate plot will keep you turning pages long after your planned stopping point.

The peeks into the mysterious world of dragons are engrossing and obviously well thought out. Nothing about this books screams 'fiction', it's
Debra Lamey
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love conquers all.

This story grabbed my attention from the beginning. I liked the way the author wove the Asian legends with modern life. The way she led through this tale of magic and legends was beautiful, love really does conquer all. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Nikki Brooks
Shelves: pnr, reviewed
Holy Moly we are back with a bang into the world of CZR!

Jade & Liem are fabulously well written and their chemistry is off the chart! Jade's on the slippery slope with the Matchmaker when she realises that the date she set up for Liem is a no show! Her parents were set up by the Matchmaker and she has always wanted to make them proud of her and she is determined thatLiem will find his mate!

Liem Long is a Fucanglong dragon, guardians of metals and jewels and all the pretty shiny things. But
Kathi
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Matchmaker strikes again – Splendid Story!!

Jade is working for the Matchmaker and overseeing a date between soul mates. Unfortunately the female does not show up for the date; who stands up their soul mate?

Dragon-shifter Liem takes pity on the flustered Jade, and rather than get her in trouble they do not report the date did not take place, and Jade plays the role of the soul mate. Jade was not afraid of this dragon; but fears her attraction to him!

When the Matchmaker sets up a couple’s
Corey Clancy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal romance novella

While this is the first book I have read of Rachael Slate, I can say I will be reading more. She built a fantastic world that she gives us a glimpse of within these pages. I can't wait to start at the beginning to see it from the start.

Keep Writing
Sharon Hatt
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tremendous series I will never get enough of!
You do not want to get on the Matchmaker’s bad side, however Jade is likely to do just that when the soul mate of dragon Liem does not show up to meet him. In a surprise twist, he asks her to dine with him and proposes a second chance to redeem herself and find his soul mate who turns out to be where neither of them guesses. Ironically, Jade and Liem are both blind to what is before them so, with her signature cunning, the Matchmaker orchestrates the
Alyssa White
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#ILoveZeus
4.5 (rounding up)
I read, I cried, I laughed.
The main male MC in this story is amazing he is strong, powerful, cocky, and...awkward? ha! it was very surprising but in a good way (no spoilers promise). She painted the characters so vividly in this story! I loved the idea that Rachael had for this story, the creation of the match pulled on your heart strings and it was wonderful. I can see the development of the Dragon Series branching off much like the Centaurs (it is lovely). Another
NoraJLeSueur
Loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great read. The storyline was different yet the same. Looking for love in all the wrong ways, yet in front of your face all the time.If you are wanting a different twist to and old story this is the one for you.
Stacy Aube
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another truly amazing story. I love both Liem and Jade's characters. The steps the two go through to deceive the match maker are priceless.

I love all of the Chinese Zodiac series. Wondering where we go next?
Judith
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never Match a Dragon

Jade works for the Matchmaker and has set up a meeting for soulmates Liem and Song. Song doesn't show up and Liem takes Jade with him. This story is full of twists and turns and I absolutely loved it.
J.c
Jan 28, 2017
Coco
Mar 24, 2017
Amanda
rated it did not like it
Sep 02, 2019
Feb 24, 2017
Porchia
Jan 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chasing His Bunny (Big Bad Bunnies #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane, #1)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Secret Baby (Billionaire Shifters Club, #4)
  • Age of Night: Books 1-3
  • Burning Violet
  • Ice (Dragon Clan, #1)
  • Kodiak Island Shifters: Complete Series
  • Zero Hour: Zero Tolerance Prequel (Lost Kings MC, #11.5)
  • The Dragon Librarian (Scrolls of Fire, #1)
  • Enthrall (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 1)
  • The Djinn Wars #1-3: Chosen / Taken / Fallen
  • Bear His Mark (Wylde Den, #1)
  • Bears Untamed
  • Getting Wilde (Immortal Vegas, #1)
  • Vixen Claws (The Twelve Mates Of Christmas Book 4)
  • Dark King (The Crystal Kingdom #3)
  • Sleighed (Christmas Bears #1)
  • Aleck (Rocked by the Bear, #3)
USA Today bestselling author Rachael Slate writes sizzling shifter stories where alpha heroes battle the beasts within themselves and sassy heroines would rather leave them wild than tame them. Whether dragons or centaurs, it's always scorching hot romance.

When not writing, Rachael can be found in nature, soaking up inspiration, or baking far too many sweet treats in the kitchen. She's obsessed

Chinese Zodiac Romance (7 books)
  • Trancing the Tiger (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #1)
  • Rematch (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #2)
  • By the Horns (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #3)
  • Match Me Later (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #4)
  • Reining Him In (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #5)
  • Matching Dragons (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #6)