Start by marking “Menace (Scarlet Scars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Menace (Scarlet Scars, #1)

Menace

(Scarlet Scars #1)

Once upon a time, there was a guy who got so fed up with life that he resorted to murder and mayhem just to feel alive.

Lorenzo Gambini is bored. So fucking bored. Most people either annoy him or avoid him, afraid to face him. Figuratively. Literally. With his face partially disfigured, scarred, he looks every bit the monster the stories make him out to be: the notorious
Published January 16th 2017 by J.M. Darhower

To ask other readers questions about Menace, please sign up.
Ermira It's from her Monster in his Eyes trilogy, which I definitely recommend reading. One of my absolute favourites. I believe he's just from the last book…moreIt's from her Monster in his Eyes trilogy, which I definitely recommend reading. One of my absolute favourites. I believe he's just from the last book though. But definitely read the books in order. If you liked this one, you'll definitely love those!!(less)
Hafida El Do you know any good books like monster in his eyes? LOVED ignazio!!

Start your review of Menace (Scarlet Scars, #1)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Enter to win a signed paperback of this awesome duet!!! Go to www.steamyreads.net - right on the front page - can't miss it!!!

5 Stars!!

“I just think about how fucked up it is to realize that heroes are make-believe but monsters are real. That's the world we live in. There's no knight in shining out there. It's just me, trapped in a world filled with fire-breathing dragons.”

If you are fallowing my reviews, you know by now that I’m a big fan of this author. J.M. Darhower never ceases me to

Hulya Kara Yuksel
20th May,2018
So far I read this book 3 times and still it's so freaking good. I'll never get tired of this crazy man! <3

“I would destroy that pussy.”
“You think so?” I ask.
“Without a doubt,” he says, not letting up.
“I’d wreck you for any man that came along after me, put them all to shame.”

Well, I don’t know Scarlet BUT Lorenzo definitely destroyed me... :D

When I first met Lorenzo Gambini, he was Ignazio Vitale's enemy (or his friend? And if you want to find out, you have to read Target On
chan ☆
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
a mafia romance with a wise crackin disabled hero & a bad ass sex positive sex worker? in the year of our lord 2018? you bet your ass

okay so this story follows morgan and lorenzo. lorenzo is a fun loving, mafia- boss- killing sociopath with a narrative unlike any i've ever read. i genuinely laughed out loud more than once, which i was not expecting for something marketed as a mafia romance. morgan is a 21 year old sex worker who has a run in with lorenzo when she pickpockets him at a bar.
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this...Lorenzo is a great character and I really enjoyed him. I thought his and Morgan's chemistry was awesome, even if I thought their emotional connection could have been a little bit stronger at times. But still, I'll take the chemistry. Always a win in my book.

I was unaware this was a duology...so I was unprepared - and fairly annoyed, I must admit - at the cliffhanger ending. But, oh well.

I'll maybe get to book two this week. Otherwise I have a feeling I might
Bibi
May 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, kindle-unlimited
Don't cry for me
The truth is I never liked it
All through her wild beginning
Morgan led a sad existence
Lorenzo couldn't keep his distance

It wasn't easy to read (about Morgan fu@#ing another man)
I thought it was strange
How can I explain how that made me feel
She stayed all her life down at heel
But nothing about her impressed me
And nothing about him was real
They were illusions

Have I said too much?

Don't cry for me
The truth is I never liked it
All from the first page, till Morgan fucked Gabe
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

He's excitement. He's adrenaline.
He makes my heart do stupid shit.
Shit my heart shouldn't be doing.
Because everything that turns me on about him could also snuff me out.

Want to know a recipe for a whole lot of awesome?

Take one part heroine that's snarky, sarcastic, as strong as she is broken, can stand her own with anyone, has enough sass and backbone to make her awesome from start to finish.

Take one part anti-hero that's as hot as he is totally f*cked up. Make him have an internal
Liz
"People call me Scar for a reason, and it doesn't entirely have to do with the fact that my face got fucked up. I'm the villain. Everything the light touches in this city belongs to me."
description

Menace is the first book in the Scarlet Scars Series, and this debut novel has absolutely secured its rightful place on my BEST BOOK EVER SHELF! J.M. Darhower does it again with another action packed Mafia Romance that will leave you begging for more!

description
"Death doesn't always come with a scream and a bang..."
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

description

I, Steph, am in love with a gun wielding murdering sociopath named Lorenzo and I regret nothing. I want to have his psychotic babies even though he claims to not want children. I'll make him change his mind. I will.

Not sure who Lorenzo is? I'll remind you. For those who read the Monster In His Eyes trilogy (and if you haven't don't even talk to me you until you do - you need to get your life right), Lorenzo is a character from Target On Our Backs. He's a little testy. A little crazy.

A.
3 Stars

It sure felt that way. I was reading it forever, one word forward, two words back.

Not that this book is bad. It’s pretty good, actually. But as the story progressed my heart just wasn’t in it anymore.

So I’m not going to lie, I struggled. I had a huge crisis somewhere around the middle and I almost DNF’d it a couple of times.

The hero was not the issue. He's exactly the type of hero I love. Dark, damaged, scarred, deadly, cold, unapologetic, unpredictable, observant, sarcastic,
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

description

J.M. Darhower delivers yet another imperfect antihero to root for with Lorenzo Gambini. The delivery was well paced, the humor, heat, and danger, all well-proportioned and adding up to one solid read.

description

The heroine is sassy and snarky and very relatable. While the hero has that unexplained quality that
DW
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scarlet-scars
DIBS... Nope, I called dibs and Lorenzo(Scar)Gambini is all mine. Is he crazy and psychotic?? Well yeah but hot damn. I mean, he will seriously put a bullet in your head for walking into his library but just being near him and all the feels would be so worth it.

photo A5BFA211-31D4-46BA-8446-34CF57510FE0_zps2byfcjx7.jpg

I think that what I liked about him is that even though he is the boss in New York, he takes care of business himself. He has his loyal guys but he gets bored so he takes it upon himself to take care of business some of the time.

Then
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh me likey likey!! WARNING: “Scarlet Scars contains themes that are dark in nature. Some scenes may be difficult to read. Readers who are triggered by violent or sexual content should proceed with caution. "

MENACE: The first chapter sent chills up and down my spine, setting the scene for a terrifying, gritty read. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspective’ Morgan aka Scarlet & Lorenzo..
Mence is a spin off from the Monster in his eyes trilogy where Lorenzo first became known to us, but to
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
4 MESSED UP STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Someone once told me that evil can sense itself inside of others, our hearts beating in a different rhythm than most, playing a morbid song that only other evil knows.

Well it’s official. I fell for a sociopath and it regret NOTHING. Now before you go and get your thongs in a twist, this wasn’t your normal crazy MOFO that we were dealing with here. There are some that no matter what they do or say, leaves you with a disgusting feeling and makes you cringe every single
Paige
5 "S" Stars

J.M. Darhower: Never stop writing. Please.

If you're a fan of unapologetic alphahole heroes, strong and take no shizz heroines and a fast paced and sexy storyline, you need to read Menace. A bit of a spin off of the Monster in His Eyes series (Lorenzo is introduced there but this can be read without have read the series), this new duet takes us back to the underbelly of society and the dark figures that lurk there. And when Lorenzo, bored and scarred, runs into Morgan, broken and
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I completely missed the fact that this ends on a cliffy! So be warned -- this is NOT a standalone!. I'm frustrated with myself, but it wasn't that bad of a cliffy to where I am mad. I do usually like to wait until the whole series/duet is complete so I don't have to wait for books to come out, so I am kicking myself a little here. I really enjoyed these characters! The H was awesome! I felt weird giving him 5 stars because he still is pretty psycho, but I loved him! His
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Wow, MENACE, is another amazing mafia book by Ms. Darhower. For the Darhower fans, they will be excited to know that Lorenzo Gambini from Targets On Our Back is the main character in this book. For those who haven’t read TOOB no worries because Ms. Darhower wrote this book as a new series with no prior knowledge needed to read it. This new series is aptly named Scarlet Scars. It’s a 2-parter with the second part being released at the beginning of February. I’m so excited that both books are ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

Wow another fantastic story by J.M Darhower! I was hooked from the very beginning, the plot was unique and I was intrigued by the mystery around the story! This isn't your typical romance!!

description

Lorenzo and Scarlet were both so alike but when these two get together it's like an explosion! The chemistry between these two was fantastic and the sexy scenes were passionate and super hot!

I'm eagerly awaiting the next book to see where JM Darhower leads us! If you are looking for a dark,
Olga therebelreader
Lorenzo is as menacing as he is seductive. He is a dangerous, badass alpha male and he is one of the most feared criminals. Morgan is a girl of the night, a stripper and a very good pickpocket. I wanted to not like Lorenzo but like Morgan I was quickly swept away by his charm, sexual dark desires, strength and passion.

Lorenzo is a sick psycho, he doesn't take any regard for human life. But, when Morgan’s past threatens to come back and haunt her, he becomes very protective over her. Their love
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Bona fide batshit crazy!! That was this book. And yes, me too. I am fricken crazy. I have fallen in love with Lorenzo Gambini!!!

photo 35DB07AC-026C-4816-A2FC-ADED7DD88BA1_zpsylc0abew.gif

This book took me by surprise, I figured it out in the end, but damnnnn, I was like Ooooo Mmmmm Geeeeeee!
When I see these shoes, I'll forever link them to Lorenzo & Scarlet
 photo D2A3696A-EF3A-47AE-BF51-EF89565E3BEC_zpsly8ttpfd.gif

I loved the intense connection that Lorenzo and Scarlet shared.
 photo 9513BCF7-27A9-4173-BCD0-B8C8485EFC0A_zpszd3ixb3g.gif
She didn't freely give herself and her heart away, it was guarded with thick walls that I'm hoping are brought down in the
Betül
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

"I've seen love bring a monster back to life before, but most of the time, the monster just loves you to death."

I am blown away by this story. JM Darhower is one of my favorite authors, and she has a way of creating such intense and grabbing stories that takes a hold of you from beginning until the end. I was very excited the moment I heard about Menace, and I couldn't wait to get a hold of this book. The author just doesn't disappoint.
Hana ♡
4.5 Scarlet Stars!

O.M.G. I need the next book now... like right now. I am so glad there isn't a long wait till book two because I am so eager to see how this story continues... especially after that shocking turn of events regarding the 'Scarlet S'

I'm going to start by saying that I fell in love with Lorenzo 'Scar' Gambini. He was so unlike the usual H that I'm drawn too. He was always so disconnected and bored with life that his character was amusingly detached but he still cared in his own
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Keep on reading stars

Menace is a spin-off from the Monster in His Eyes series. I love Monster in His Eyes, I re-read the series twice and listened to the audio books, so I was SUPER excited for Menace.

I was also hyped up because of all the raving reviews. There are a ton of five star reviews gushing about this book. So, I’m pretty shocked and confused why this book wasn’t the same for me.

I didn’t love the book, but I didn’t hate it.

What Bothered Me

I didn’t like Morgan/Scarlet

She is a “hooker
Snow

4 "Scar & Scarlet" stars

This is a complex story of two people "stuck" in a world pushed onto them...until they get "stuck" with each other in a relentless game of hide and seek from the truth, the past, the present...but they are connected by the fire of excitment or more likely by the inevitable circumstances they can't escape from until they try...as they peel off layer after layer of skin deep cover of pretence, lies and mechanisms of survival

Sometimes, when I look at him, I see the
Ramona
My first Mafia Romance was "By Any Other Name". I loved every minute of it, and even if it didn't have soft and fluffy love, it had this mix of passion, violence and love which for me was a discovery.I don't have a very rich culture in this type of books, but I believe Darhower's books are the best:) The action is breathtaking, the heroes are amazingly crafted and the heroines kick ass:)

"Menace" is the first book in the Scarlet Scars series and I love it deeply, 80% of my feelings being
~♡AB♡~
4 Stars

I love a good Anti-Hero and Lorenzo Gambini really fit the bill for me, he makes no apologies, and he's as badass as they come. As you learn all about the person that he is, and how he became the man he is today, you cannot help but feel invested in this story, rooting for him to do the right thing and be the man he needs to be for our heroine, Morgan. It took me a while to get into this story but once I did, I was in deep - the plot was absolutely fantastic, and I cannot wait to read
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 -Lorenzo is a little cray cray- stars

Lorenzo Gambini is a hard ass and doesn't put up with anyone's shit.

"I will slit his fucking throat and drink his blood...."

f you photo tumblr_m4prz8v2331qk8kyzo1_500_zpse97b4503.gif

So when Scarlet aka Morgan pulls one over on him he is determined to hunt her down.

stalker photo creepy-stalker-mode-klaus-34134769-480-258_zps8d267a7d.gif

She has a connection with him and they begin their interesting, while fucked up relationship.

“Looking at you is like looking in a mirror, Scarlet.”

Through getting to know Lorenzo and seeing his relationship with Scarlet and also the relationship
Jen
Loved Lorenzo's dry humour!!! His and Morgan's banter was perfect!
Review to come!
AleJandra
5 Fighting and fucking STARS

"Someone once told me that evil can sense itself inside of others, our hearts beating in a different rhythm than most, playing a morbid song that only other evil knows."

description

Cuando se trata de J. M. Darhower, me convierto en ese tipo de lectoras obsesivas que quiere que todo el mundo lea sus libros. Cualquiera que me pida una recomendación seguramente será un libro de ella.

description

Y ahora que sus libros por fin ya están teniendo más difusión y cada vez más lectoras se
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
3th reading: why so fucking perfect?

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?WAT DA FUCKING FUCKITY FUCKIEST FUCKED FUCKER FUCKY FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

first of all, i want to thank to Darhower. THANK FUCKING YOU WOMAN. God save the queen Darhower!
Cuz’ after reading Target on Our Backs, I wrote damn everywhere "I want lorenzo's book" and I scream this sentence over n over again in my house and sometimes somewhere outside; and for months, when I remember him (one of reasons, reading Monster in His Eyes again), I prayed for to
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Beatrice by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
I want to thank Hulya (click her name to read fab review) for recommending this book to me!

Lorenzo "Scar" Gambini was first introduced in the final book of Monster in His Eyes trilogy as a secondary character. He and Ignazio Vitale are sort of frenemies, it's difficult to explain their relationship without spoiling but they remained in good terms. I'm intrigued by his character and I saw a lot of potential that this guy should have his own story. When I heard he'll have one, I was like: "OH YES

• Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • Marriage for One
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Punk 57
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)

Scarlet Scars (2 books)
  • Grievous (Scarlet Scars, #2)
“I've heard some stupid questions in my life. Usually they come in clusters: Why do you have that gun? What are you doing? Are you going to kill me? Uh, duh. I'm sure as hell not going to shoot myself.” 28 likes
“There’s a reason girls yell ‘fire’ instead of ‘rape’, why we lie and say we have boyfriends instead of just saying ‘no’ when we’re not interested. Because a lot of men respect another man’s property more than they respect a woman’s right to her own body. So” 22 likes