Start by marking “Lightborne (The Bexley Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lightborne (The Bexley Chronicles, #1)

Lightborne (The Bexley Chronicles, #1)

He cups me close to his face, near his mouth, so that his lips are grazing the reaches of my light. “You’re warm, B.” He grins. “Like a small fluttering bird.”
Then, his grin grows into something edging on salacious, and I have one hasty, breathless thought:

...He’s going to kiss me?

Nope.
At the last moment, he opens his mouth and shoves me inside.
If I’m not mistaken, I’ve
Published May 28th 2018 by Never and Ever Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lightborne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightborne

Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*
Review originally published on Ammie's Book Obsession

BOOK RATING

COVER RATING

*Thanks to the Author for a physical review copy in exchange for an honest review*

I had my eye on Brindi Quinn for a long time but always something came up and I was just unable to read the book. But now that I've finally read it, I can't keep myself from reading other books by Brindi.

* This is me after reading almost every book!*
Image result for love this book gif

Oh, and did you look at that cover? It's so freaking pretty and I would have read th
Taylor
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book from the lovely brindi quinn!!!! I received this copy from the author for an honest review!
This girl is freaking amazing. I can't believe she can wrote two completely different genres and still be amazing! The story is about a HILARIOUSLY spunky girl who can jump between three freaking realms. This may sound like your typical light verses dark book, but the twists caught me completely off guard!
This book would be great for anyone who loves mystery or steampunk! It almost rem
Paige Green
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5/5

Genre: YA/New Adult Fantasy/Steampunk

Pages: 274

Amazon Link

Author Link

I received a copy of this book for free from the wonderful author. Thank you so much!! All opinions are my own.

. . . He’s going to kiss me?

Nope.
At the last m
 Ananya thefoodandbooklife
Thanks for the review copy Brindi Quinn.

Lightborne tells a story of the world divided into three realms- the Mortal realm, the Lightborne realm (Yggdrasil) and the Darkling realm (Nocturne). Our hero, Amanda a.k.a Bexley is an amnesic Lightborne who has to figure out who her real friends are, what her role is and which version of the story she will believe.
Bexley, a turquoise Lightborne thinks it is her sworn duty to protect the Mortals from the Darklings, to activate any dormant Lightborne and
Anupama C K(b0rn_2_read)
Thanks to Brindi for the review copy

According to the the legend, initially there was only darkness leftover from another era , from darkness things beings got created, the darklings. To stop them from multiplying the maker created the Tree of Life, Yggdrasil. As this didnt stop them ,the Maker divided the world into 3 realms the Yggdress, where the Lightborne live, the mortal world and Nocturne where the darklings are. Lightborne protect humans as then search for a weapon to destroy the darkness
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you brindi for the review copy!

First off let's take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this cover!!

Bexley is a lightborne , chosen to protect the mortal realm from the darklings... But not all is at it seems and lines between enemies and friends seem to blur.

The world building in this book is phenomenal and the storyline was unique. Is story was impossible to put down! The magick system is amazingly done.

I love the character building for Bexley she's spunky sarcastic and pretty badass
Samah Rifla
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this copy by Brindi to review. Thank you so much cause I really enjoyed it.
Bexley is a Lightborne who came across a guy, a new Lighborne, and bring him to her world. Thinking she will be the one to change his life, but meeting him will turn her life upside down.
YAAAS TO BADASS FEMALE CHARACTERS. We need more characters like Bexley. I loved her wit, her sense of humour and her badassness.
I always have a weak spot for fantasy, and the book was everything I look for in books; a good pl
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What immediately caught my attention for Lightborne was the stunning cover. I’m not normally a fan of covers that are mostly yellow and gold, but in this case it creates a striking image. And, bonus points: I love the font used! So I pretty much loved everything about the cover. As for the description? That helped to peak my interest as well; Lightborne looked different from other series I have read, and being that I’m always on the hunt for something good and new, obviously I couldn’t pass up ...more
Hannah May Book Reviews
Synopsis:

Bexley is Lightborne, a unique one at that. She has the ability to drive into different realms and has a mission of protecting the Mortal Realm from the Darklings. The only downfall is Bexley has a touch of amnesia and the things and events she thinks are real may all be false. We follow her on a journey to discover who her real friends are, what her real purpose is and what version of the story she needs to believe.

Review:
Mortal Instrument readers, this may be the perfect book for you
Nicole
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rate: 4.5/5

Recommend for: Fans of The Mortal Instruments,  urban fantasy, steampunk, and hilarious heroines.

Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Lightborne is the first book in The Bexley Chronicles by author Brindi Quinn. It centers around Bexley, a Lightborne, who is one of the many such warriors tasked with defending the modern day world from the darklings of Nocturne.  She's an enjoyable protagonist, and made me chuckle aloud from her antics and
Jagdeshwari  Patil
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
✨My Review :- Genre - Urban Fantasy/Romance.

✨Pages - 274.

✨Review - First of all Thanks a ton Brindi for the Review Copy. I mean you write fantastic books. Previously I, reviewed The Pursuit of Zillow Stone by Brindi and let me tell you it's a phenomenal. Go check my previous posts to read the review.

✨So let's dig into "Lightborne." Firstly the Cover of this Book is Epic. Take a moment to admire the fabulous cover. I just love it.
I loved this book and how it is a fast paced story. The pl
Esha
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: november-reads
MY FULL REVIEW ON MY BLOG THEGREATBOOKESCAPE

Thank you to Brindi for the Review Copy.

Genre: Fantasy, YA, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy.

First everyone should take a moment to appreciate the absolute beauty that is this cover! All the props to her cover artist, because this cover caught my eye and immediate interest. Aside from the gorgeous cover, this book was written really well and was easy to read. It is easy to get carried away with world building and confuse readers..THIS WAS NOT THAT! If you c
Christina
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it better than some of the other books because of these points: Snarky conversation
Magic system is interesting
Easy explanation of the magic world
Unique names
Loved the steam punk references
The memory loss gets a tad annoying but I can see why it made things exciting. Especially when you're not sure what's going to happen
The main character Bexley has now become one of my favorite female characters now because In the the sense she is one of the few fantasy characters to me tha
Erie Martin
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bex is a fiery, sassy, light-wielding badass with a tendency to get herself into all sorts of trouble. Her adventure explores a world of hazy, muddled memories to find out who the Wilted is and what her place is in this crazy, lore driven world. I couldn’t stop reading and can’t wait for the next installment :)
Amanda Williams
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, one of the most amazing books I've read. What a wonderful story and real characters that you can get your teeth into. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Never & Ever Publishing
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
steampunk urban fantasy, fast-paced, quirky
Nhavie
Nov 26, 2017 added it
This books gets a very solid 4/5 stars from me! 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
When I started this book I was a little apprehensive about it because at first I thought it was for a younger audience, BUT I WAS SO WRONG! This book had me hooked from the 5th page and I finished it within a day 😂
The romance is amazing and the friendships are so well built and I really relate to the main character Bexley. I adore the relationship between the three main characters (I’m not going to give away any spoilers though!) and the vi
Katherine Molskness
Nov 06, 2018
Metalheart
Nov 06, 2018
"Not just another vampire romance." - Amazon Reviewer

Published through Never & Ever Publishing, Brindi Quinn is a young adult / teen author from Minnesota, speaking "quirky" in a variety of genres, from paranormal to sci-fi to fantasy.

Quinn has published a plethora of highly-rated works, including novels, compilations and miniseries, all geared toward a young adult audience. Her series have b