Start by marking “Evil's Unlikely Assassin” as Want to Read:

Evil's Unlikely Assassin

"Evil's Unlikely Assassin is a promising urban fantasy debut that features all that's great about the genre--action, attitude, and ass-kicking." -Jaye Wells, USA Today bestselling author of The Sabina Kane and Prospero's War series

Vampire Alexis Black is on a mission - to rejoin the human race.

Coerced into signing an ironclad contract by an Angel-with-attitude, Alexis must
Published June 6th 2017 by Muse It Up Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Evil's Unlikely Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil's Unlikely Assassin

Bette H
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Audible Listen🎧 A Fabulous Urban Fantasy! 4.5 Action-Packed Stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

An Alexis Black Novel, Book 1
By: Jenn Windrow
Narrated by: Chelsea Stephens

This is a well written, well told action packed story that immediately grabs your attention and holds it to the end. The storylines are interesting, imaginative and original. Jenn Windrow created a fascinating world with supernatural creatures, vampires, angels & shifters who live amongst humans. The lead character, Al
Valorie
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one!!!
Lauren Jones
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you had the chance to live again after you thought you had died, what would that look like? If there were stipulations to the second life—like fighting against your own to protect another race, would you still want to live? Windrow has one kick-butt assassin, who has a vampire soul and a contract to uphold in order to get her soul back. The story will immerse readers into a life filled with mischief and mayhem and is sure to be one that you’ll not want to put down.

Alexis Black is beautiful. A
Angi Burns ~Rabid Readers Book Blog
Evils unlikely assassin by Jen Windrow

I love vampire books, but I'm getting a little tired of the story as they all seem the same. So I was skeptical to start this book. Let me tell you how wrong I was to hesitate.

The story is well written. Jen draws you into her world and just as you get comfortable and start to sink into the story BOOM she hits you with a twist.

Alexis started out like most a miserable girl who doesn't like the life that was handed to her ect. Here's where I thought I'd loose
Sapphyria
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evil's Unlikely Assassin has solidified its place in my top favorite urban fantasy novels. I devoured this book in one day and want more! Alexis Black has her entire life stripped from her by a sadistic vampire. In one fell swoop he killed her family and kidnapped her and her twin brother. She lost contact with her brother so she doesn't know if he's alive or dead. In an effort to get her human soul restored, Alexis made a deal with....an angel. The terms of her contract to obtain her soul back ...more
Bianca78
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Vampire Huntress Alexis Black has made a deadly deal with an angel. If Alexis permanently dispatches at least one evil creature each night for the next 50 years, the mortal life taken from her hundreds of years previous will be restored. Motivated by the chance to be human once again, Alexis stalks and kills her prey with stealthy precision. Alexis isn’t alone in her mission; for better or worse, she’s got an entourage
Lynn Reynolds
When I started listening to this story, I wasn't sure that I was going to like it. I wasn't sure if Ms. Stephens was a good choice to tell me Alexis Black's story. Then as I continued to listen, I came to the conclusion that she was the perfect choice. Since this story is from Alexis' point of view, it would be strange to hear a man tell the story. And eventually I came to form, in my mind, what Alexis might look and act like. Hher weapon of choice seemed to have a life of its own which I don't ...more
Ksandra
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 Stars

What an intriguing twist on classic vampires. Alexis Black is a vampire turned supernatural beings assassin. She was approached by an angel who would turn her back into a human if she killed a supernatural being every night for 50 years.

This was an imaginative story. I know that the whole "vampire killing vampire" thing is not a new concept, but the way Jenn Windrow writes it, it becomes a new concept. Alexis is not only a vampire, but she also happens to contain the soul of another
Lilly Charysma
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, hello Vampire! I am loving the series so so much! I have just finished with book one and I already want to see more. I was so captivated I didn’t realize when time flew by. Because it’s action and then more action. And later something happens and … yes, more action!

I am a sucker for vampires (haha!), so give me one bloody (literary) story and I am all yours. And our Alexis with her crowd of helpers and enemies is so amazing. She has fighting in her, she has strength and one hell of a vampire
Penny Noble
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
When I came across this book, I thought it looked interesting and wanted to read it. Who doesn’t love an evil assassin, unlikely though they may be? After coming across the book a few times, I’m really glad I was given a copy to read. This book has a unique premise about how certain vampires can get their humanity back. Alex is one of those desperate to get her humanity back, and she shares her body with Eddie, a strong vampire. She is a very interesting character, along with Reaper who helps he ...more
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Audiobook Review
Story 3
Performance 4

My first impression of this story at about halfway through -
Listening to the audiobook and I hate to say it but this book needs a content editor. Who is Craig? Why did he offer Alexis a deal? Why does she have an angel wing tattoo? Why does Blake/Reaper follow her around? What the hell is Eddie and how is he different/separate from her vampire? Why didn't she grieve the death of her best friend more deeply? I really hope it all comes together soon.

Now that I
Kristen Lewendon
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been lucky enough to read several books with unique perspectives on the supernatural creatures that populate them. I'm excited to add this book to the collection. They all have enough in common with the classic lore that they're easily recognizable, but each of the supernatural species around Alexis has a unique twist that I've never seen anywhere before. The plot is fast paced and engaging with lots of twists and unexpected detours to get you to the end. I think what I loved the most were ...more
Bikram
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
Disclaimer.
I had requested and received audible version of this book for free from the narrator, in exchange for an unbiased review.

What I liked about the book -
The world the story is set in is really wonderful and imaginative. There are all sorts of "monsters" and this one vampire who is "anti-vampire", wanting to become human again. Her character is very interesting and enjoyable. Sassy and badass. The plot kept me hooked.

There's more to come in this series and I can't wait to read them.

What
Joyffree
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
One supernatural surprise after another - Suspense, Intrigue, Romance and a warped touch of humor
Nothing about this is your typical Vamp /Supernatural story
There are so many surprises in store for you - I promise you will not even see them coming -one twist after another - it was like an onion each time a layer was exposed we ran into something new.
Alexis is a smart, witty kick @ss heroine who has been partnered with:
Eddie -a sarcastic inner demon(?) that only comes awake when supernaturals are
Patti
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me slightly of the Blade Trilogy but with a somewhat snarky reluctant vampire heroine. Add in angelic intervention, a bonded ghost, a vampire extinction squared, and it equals a tale worthy of new readers! It is definitely a unique storyline for me and I found myself pleasantly surprised. I will be honest, at first I was on the fence but once the storyline was cemented in, so was I. I like that there was resolution to this story but still given a good incentive to want to read ...more
Runningrabbit
This is a great find and I'm excited to start a fabulous new series. Alexis shows a depth and complexity which makes for a strong and well defined protagonist. This is continually showcased through her troubled past and complicated present.

The supporting characters are just as well developed and the layering of these diverse personalities creates a grittiness that continues to subtley carry the novel along with constant developments that keeps the reader intrigued.

There's a dose of hot and stea
LadyZQ
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evil’s Unlikely Assassin by Jennifer Windrow

A good new take on vampires; with one that is trying to get out of the “life” or her un-life as a vamp. Nice world building with out feeling that you are getting an info dump. You will meet a verity of people from various realms in immortal and mortal life. If you like your leading lady with snark and heart, able to hold her own in a fight without being over the top; then this is a series you will get into. I will enjoy getting more in this series.

“T
Christina Luberts
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. So much going on in it that I had a hard time putting it down. You have Alexis Black a vampire that just wants to be human again. (got to love her spunk) Her human partner Reaper who hates vampires. Her best friend that she killed but is attached to her and than she runs into a man she has the hot's for. If you want a book with lots of action and guaranteed to laugh at certain part. This book is for you. I received an arc copy for my honest received.
Helen Simpson
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THIS BOOK AND TO THINK THIS WAS THE AUTHORS DEBUT BOOK IS AMAZING. WELL WRITTEN AND ACTION PACKED FROM START TO FINISH. I FELT THE ANGUISH AND TURMOIL ALEXIS WENT THROUGH ON A DAILY BASIS, THE WHOLE BLOOD SITUATION AND HER LITTLE HITCHHIKER WITHIN. IT WAS EXCITING TO SEE WHO THIS PERSON WAS. CARRYING STRAIGHT ONTO BOOK 2 AS I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
Becky Baldridge
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Original, well-written, witty, full of action, a bit steamy, snarky, lots of twists, and fun! I'm always on the lookout for a good Urban Fantasy series and if this first book is any indication of what's to come, I've found one. It's a solid start to a series and I can't wait to see what's next for Alexis and Reaper.
Amber Niebaum
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is action packed! The main character is fun, snarky and bad a@$. The story seems to have lots of supernaturals and cool surprises. It felt like an awesome action movie. Great characters and awesome narrator. I received this audiobook by my request in exchange for an honest review from Audio Book Boom.
Monique
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing story! Yes, it is about vampires but with a very exciting and original twist. Very well written, with an endearing protagonist -- a really excellent storyline and characters! I loved it, and can't wait to find out what happens next...
Mandy Sawyer
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! Fantastic storyline, great action and perfect characters. I connected with this book totally. The humour is refreshing and I really want more. Can’t wait for book 2. Amazing performance from Chelsea, she brings Jenn’s characters to life so well.
Toni Peden
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is different than your typical vampire book. Elements that I have never considered when it comes to vamps and hunters. I loved the love-hate relationship between the partners, the vulnerability shown for all, the tears, sadness, heartaches, and happiness. I would recommend this book to others.
Phyllis Moore
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice story. Completely enjoyed the book and loved the characters. I put it among my comfort food list. It was a bit formula, not very many surprises, but nice and cozy to read.
Calicojack19
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I didn't know what to expect when I picked up the sample, but I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Well written with a slow to medium burn and a snarky heroine create a very entertaining read. Looking forward to the next book!
Amber Everett
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The dynamic of the characters is everything you want in a great read/listen. You have your action, romance, and laughs. Jenn’s take on the supernatural world is definitely different then the average and I for one love it. Also Chelsea voices and personality just makes the characters pop. She portrays them exactly how I picture in my head. This is a must read if you like bad ass femme fatale’s and charismatic men.
Donna
Just found this writer and am hooked. Loved the kick butt characters, plot twists and the best evil described. Great love/sex scenes too
Got it all!
Dschaper54
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Nice to see a new take on vampires. I usually read YA so was not expecting the heated sex scenes, which I felt were not really necessary to the book, but I loved it just the same.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Sassy, snarky and sexy! An absolute thrill ride. I loved the characters and their personalities. It was a highly entertaining read and I can't wait for more.
« previous 1 3 next »
Award winning author of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. Vampires, Greek gods, and a bit of Freak Show fun for everyone.

Jenn Windrow loves characters who have a pinch of spunk, a dash of attitude, and a large dollop of sex appeal. Top it all off with a huge heaping helping of snark, and you’ve got the ingredients for the kind of fast paced stories she loves to read and write. Home is a suburb