Start by marking “In the Crease (Assassins, #12)” as Want to Read:
In the Crease (Assassins, #12)

In the Crease (Assassins #12)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Jensen Monroe is a unicorn. As handsome as any model, as polite as can be, a goalie of unmatched skill, and the best friend anyone could ask for. But he longs for a particular special someone to make his life complete. He’s been in love with Wren since he was a teenager, but as his best friend’s sister, she’s always been off-limits.

Wren Lemiere has prided herself on being
Published August 22nd 2017

Christy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 7D62EC53-29C9-4D19-A985-E61FC85CFCB8_zpsxobf3gna.jpg
Jensen Monroe is a unicorn
No truer words have been spoken. We’re on book 12 of The Assassins series, and this is one I’ve desperately wanted since I read the last book. Jensen Monroe’s book. Jensen is one of those perfect heroes. He’s one of those special (unicorn) heroes that I wouldn’t change one thing about. I adored him completely!

Jensen has been in love with his best friends little sister for as long as anyone can remember. They grew up together, and he’s always had it bad for
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

9368318fcc2fef4a47dfc80a429a67

I just melted in a puddle of mush. Seriously, Toni Aleo has me totally smitten with her newest hero, Jensen Monroe. Gahhhh, just thinking about him makes me think where the hell I can find my very own Jensen. Do they make guys like this anymore? Or is he truly a unicorn? Well either way if you are a romantic at heart, Toni Aleo will have you swooning like crazy as she reminds readers that it’s not the alpha male who will steal your heart but
Leonor
Aug 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
Is it bad I want to read this based on the description of the heroine on the blurb? It sounds like the heroine might be the one who's the "unicorn" IMO.
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
So y'all, it's super late and I'm nearly keeping my eyes open here, but just know. this book was amazing! And sweet! And adorable! And just a tad frustrating at times!
But I loved it.

But I gotta get some sleep so I'm not a zombie tomorrow.

So full review to come....

But I defiently give
IN THE CREASE
*****5 STARS*****
Jackie Wright
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the Crease is book 12 in the Assassins Series and for me this is the best yet, I also believe it can be read as a standalone.
Jenson Monroe is the man we all want to fall in love with, he is not only the best friend you could ever ask for, his hot as hell and great at his job as goalie for the Assassins. He could have his pick of girls, problem is all he wants is the girl he fell head over heels for as a teenager Wren Lemiere who happens to be his best friends sister.
Wren Lemiere has always b
Kim
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Jensen Monroe...Oh my, he is everything. The man is handsome, sweet, loyal, caring, kind, funny, built, sexy, and successful. He is a big part of the Assassins current winning streak as their new hot goalie. He is lonely and looking for real love and family. He is such a great catch.

Wren Lemiere is his best friend Well's little sister. Jensen, his team mate, Vaughn (Delayed Call), and Wells were teenage best friends and remain so. Jensen has had feelings for Wren for many years but never acted o
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I love getting lost in the Assassins world! For a few hours I can get lost in the world of these hockey-hotties and their lovely ladies, and just enjoy.

If you have read the previous books, you should remember Wren, the Assassins team psychologist. She really has gotten herself into a bind, and knows just the man to help her.

Jensen *insert googly lovey eyes*. Oh how I adore that man. He has adored Wren her whole life, loved her half of his, and except for a pesky
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4 Stars

This is the 12th book in the series. It isn't my tops so far but it does have a few of my favorite things. Single parent--check. Friends to lovers--check. Hockey---check. Deep friendship--check. Humor--check.

The star of the story is Jensen Monroe. I don't know that I have read a more perfect book boyfriend in a long, long time. He and Vaughn and Wells are brothers by choice and hold an unbreakable bond. He would do anything for them. They also know each others little secrets and it is no
Chris
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Toni Aleo's Assassins series! In the Crease is book 12 and Is by far my favorite!
I believe this book can be read as a standalone.
I laughed, I cried and in the end I just loved Wren and Jensen.
Wren is the heroine that you can feel sorry for one minute, want to shake sense into the next and then hug her at the end. She has no confidence in how she looks and therefore settles for losers and ends up single and pregnant. With her inheritance on the line she turns to Jensen, her
Logan Hr
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Franci Neill
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To see my full review follow my blog My Girlfriends Couch https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...
Mari
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

Assassins is one of my fave hockey themed sport romances each one is better and better. I do wish the 2017 NHL season end like in the books. Friends to lover fast forward to friends to husband. This trope is great when done well and the author really got it here with doses of realistic side. The mixed and one sided feelings and everything in between. Jensen is truly a unicorn that anyone would want.

Jensen and Wren were hinted at from the last book. These two were a long time coming, Jen
Books Laid Bare
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for new book boyfriend then may I be so bold as to suggest you stop looking because Jenson Monroe is all you could possibly want and then some…Oh darn it I shouldn’t have said that if I want to keep him for myself.
Goalie for the Assassins, Jenson has it all going on, I mean the job is cool, he is as sexy as sin but that isn’t the major selling point for me, what I really liked was the fact that he was such a darn good guy and despite the fact that he could have any woman he wa
Garden Of REden
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED BY JENN
3.5 STARS

I have been waiting for Jensen and Wren to have their happily ever after since watching Jensen pine for best friend, Wren, in Delayed Call. In the Crease can be read as a standalone, but I always recommend reading a series in order for maximum enjoyment. Wren and Jensen's story truly begins in the previous book.

I discovered Aleo's books shortly after she published her first one and have been an avid fan from the very start. She writes some of the best male POV out there.
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I think I went through every range of emotion while reading this. I was laughing, I was frustrated, I was smiling in pure bliss, and I was crying occasionally I did all those at once. It was a lot of feeling over here.

Wren is pregnant, unfortunately the baby's father is the definition of deadbeat, and with her inheritance on the line along with a baby on the way she needs a husband. Immediately. Jensen is her brother's best friend and has loved Wren for years even though she has no idea. When s
Kathryn Linke
4.5 Stars

In The Crease is the twelfth tittle in The Assassins series, and features Wren and Jensen. This is a slow burn, heartfelt, swoon worthy, emotion filled romance of self discovery at it's finest.

Toni Aleo has crafted character that are relate-able, vulnerable, endearing, yet fallible.

Jensen is your perfect book boyfriend, he has so many attractive virtues that make him an incredibly like-able character. He is honest, loving, patient, understanding, sexy, kind, loyal and caring. A genuine
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Finally Seeing What's Right In Front of You Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

What an emotional roller coaster Ms. Aleo has taken us on with Wren and Jensen's story! There were a few times I wanted to slap Wren upside the head, but I truly understood where she was coming from emotionally and I'm not going to lie, my heart hurt for her and her lack of self esteem.

What she thought had the potential to become something serious with a guy she's known forever turns out badly after she reveals her p
Hazel Rayson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in return for an honest review.

This book was one I couldn't put down... or more I kept putting it down, not because it was dull but because I didn't want it to end. For those who have read the rest of the Assassins novels, Jordie Thomas has been by far and away my favourite of the Nashville family. That is, until we met Jenson Monroe. Not only is he gorgeous but he's the perfect kind of man and a goalie, which in my eyes makes him even more perfect.

Jenson Monroe has so m
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Move over Shea Adler, there's a new hunk in Assassin town and his name is Jensen Moroe.

There's something very satisfying when you're reading a book and the author takes you through a wide range of different feelings. In the Crease is one of those books. In my opinion, one of Toni's best books if not the absolute best to date.

She crafted a heroine in Wren with plenty of faults, but she owned every single one of them and that made her stronger. Her desire to help her brother was something that I a
Sammyloo
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Toni Aleo has done it again! This book is 5 Stars of beautiful all encompassing love. It is a reminder of what Toni does best - write real and honest love stories.

This book brought me back to the beginning of the Assassins series with its slow burn and build up. The story has a little bit of everything... it is emotional and slightly angsty, it is powerful and romantic, and at times sinfully dirty.

Jensen has to be one of my favorite of Toni's Assassins... he is everything a woman wants in man.
Lauren
I have been itching to get my hands on Wren and Jenson’s story since I finished delayed call. Although there were only a few hints thrown about Wren and Jensen in delayed call, I was left intrigued.
Although I liked Wren, I wanted to shout at her a handful of times. I wanted her to give love a chance. It was obvious that she wanted Jensen yet she wouldn’t open her heart to him. I adore Jensen. I liked that he was willing to fight for Wren. I liked that Wren was fighting for her inheritance so th
Mary
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Growing up in a family that's all about hockey, it was easy for Wren to get lost. Her brother Wells, and then his friends Vaughn and Jensen, loved hockey and her parents did everything they could to support his dreams. Did it really matter than Wren felt lost? Not really, after all she knew how to take care of herself.

Jensen agrees to help Wren but only if she truly gives their relationship an honest try. Wren doesn't under
Konny
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In The Crease by Toni Aleo is the twelfth installment in the Assassins Series. This book is a full-length novel and can easily be read as a standalone.
Meet Wren Lemiere, she has a talent to mess up her life. And now she messed up in the most possible way. Shes single, pregnant, her ex is a d-canoe and shes about to loose her inheritance.
And then is there Jensen Monroe. Hes not only a good guy. No, hes THE GOOD GUY, the unicorn of all good guys. Hes goalie for the Nashville Assassins, Cup winner
Starla
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I was so excited when I heard that Jensen was getting the next book. I think I started crushing on him when he and Vaughan were roommates in Delayed Call. Jensen is just one of those all around nice guys. Wren was a bit of a harder sale for me. Man she is tougher than nails. As I read more of them together though I began to understand why she is the way she is and grew to love her as well. They don't seem like a fit initially but as the journey continued I got that they are a perfect fit for eac
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
The Assassins are back! I was so excited to get to spend more time with the amazing characters that Toni has brought us through the Assassins series. In The Crease is possibly one of my favorites yet. I've loved and enjoyed each book in this series so far, and even 12 books in the stories remain fresh, unique, and completely consuming. I found myself unable to leave Wren and Jensen and read the entire book from start to finish in one sitting.

Wren is stubborn and determined not to sway her stanc
Le Ann Foster
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

I'm bowing down my head in shame because this is the first book I have read in this series and I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. I will be going back and reading the others in the series now that I have finished this one! It amazes me how we find these great authors after just one book and once again I have. This book is filled with everything yall could want...love, friendship, hot sex, alpha males, hockey players, s
Caroline
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Toni Aleo's Assassins Series and this has to be one of my favourites. I believe. It could be easily read as a. Standalone but knowing the characters makes it even better. The plot was great, the writing was amazing and all the characters gorgeous.

Wren finds herself in trouble and alone, she calls on her brother's best friend's for hep, they are the only ones she can share her secret with and count on. Jensen has loved Wren since he met her 15 years ago, he now has his chance to
Summer  -SSBR-
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought I had my favorite couple in this series nailed down but then after I started reading this book I was so wrong. Wren and Jensen are amazing! Wren with all her hang up and Jensen with his lifetime love of her make it work in an amazing way. This book is raw, it's real, and so well written! Toni you have blown my mind yet again!
Stephanie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Although, there was more focus on Wren and Jensen over hockey. I liked the different overall feeling it made. Once again, Aleo's writing is spot on. I didn't want to stop reading. Can't wait to see what's next.

Note, I did receive an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Crystal
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Crease is book twelve in the Assassins series. The story is awesome and full of emotions! I loved Jensen and Wren! They were likeable and they had sizzling chemistry. I loved catching up with some of our friends from the past books. Great Read!
My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s da
More about Toni Aleo...

Assassins (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #4)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #5)
  • Laces and Lace (Assassins, #6)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #6.6)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #7)
  • Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #8)
  • Pucks, Sticks, and Diapers (Assassins, #9)