Start by marking “Finding Home (Second Chances, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Home (Second Chances, #1)

Finding Home

(Lost & Found #1)

Getting Away Was Supposed to Fix Everything.

Morgan’s life might have been a shambles, but at least she had a plan. Going on a girls’ trip—as far away as possible—was supposed to be just the thing to jolt her out of her funk and get things back on track. But when one of the women ends up dead before they make it home from the safari, Morgan finds herself unable to return to
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 361 pages
Published December 23rd 2016 by Gallant Fox Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Home

Start your review of Finding Home (Second Chances, #1)
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had read Finding Love and enjoyed it. However, this one didn't work for me. I never really came to like Morgan. I only kept reading because I wanted to know who was behind the killing of her friend. The only good thing was that she was finally happy in the end. ...more
Helen
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Finding Home is not your typical romance novel - it's so much more! It’s a complex story that contains adventure and mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed this first novel by Kristen Casey.

The characters were well-developed, realistic, and likable. I loved the dialogue between all the various characters; it was very well written and natural so that it made the characters relatable. I was quickly pulled into the story and couldn’t wait to see what happened.

The plot kept me on my toes and I was
Bianca
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this first story by author Kristen Casey. It had romance, mystery and action. Ms. Casey takes the reader to Africa with a lot of detail and imagery. It is a suspenseful romance that kept me turning pages until the end.
Marie Bourgery
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a suspenseful vacation romance. Morgan’s friend Ruth convinces her to take a month long guided vacation in Africa after Morgan falls into depression from losing her baby and her marriage to a selfish jerk. Ruth dies from a gunshot wound while they are on safari and Morgan and Ruth’s friend Nina are told it was from suicide. Nina leaves to take Ruth’s body back to the US, but Morgan has nothing to go back to, so she decides to stay for a while. For visa purposes she applies to work and a ...more
Jeanne Richardson
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Kristen Casey; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbara
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Second Chances series is well written and held my interest until the end. There is mystery suspense, drama, danger, a villain, twists, turns, and romance. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining romance by Kristen Casey. Wonderful characters and a suspenseful storyline that draws you in right away!

Kimberly
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romantic suspense read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, likable, and they have good chemistry. The story has mystery, suspense, and romance.

Kristen Casey
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, this is my own book, so of course I am biased. But here are a few reasons why I like it so much, and why I hope you do, as well:

Morgan may not have everything going her way, or be coping with things perfectly. Who among us does that? But, despite having had a run of epic bad luck, she still manages to soldier on and keep living. She stays true to herself, she finds ways to help others, and she keeps engaging in the complex world around her, even when it might be easier to withdraw. Finally,
PATRICIA Klobucher
kathy S. Rice
Ernestine Springer
Gay Burford

• Wild Sexy Thing
  • Bound (Fire on Ice, #1)
  • Fearless (The Story of Samantha Smith, #1)
  • Captive (Fire on Ice, #2)
  • Edge (Fire on Ice, #3)
  • Drive (Fire on Ice, #4)
  • Release (Fire on Ice, #5)
  • Signed
  • Bittersweet (True North, #1)
  • Beautiful Ever After (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #2)
  • Eighty-One Nights (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #1)
  • Crushing on the Cop (Blue Collar Brothers, #2)
  • Christmas Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #5)
  • A Gansett Island Christmas (Gansett Island, #16.5)
  • His for Christmas
  • Red: A Retelling or Rose-Red and Snow-White (Thistle Grove Tales Book 1)
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet Duet, #1)
  • Holiday Heat
Kristen Casey pens contemporary romance novels with heat and heart, and loves to get lost in scenes of snarky dialogue! Kristen lives in Maryland with her husband, two kids, and assorted cats. In her spare time, she enjoys all things crafty, particularly knitting and crochet.

Lost & Found (4 books)
  • Finding Love (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Finding a Husband (Lost & Found, #3)
  • Finding Forever (Lost & Found, #4)

News & Interviews

“Owen folded his arms around Morgan to steady her when she crashed into him, and was enveloped by her scent, her warm softness. When she gave a scared little scream, he tightened his arms in a protective reflex. She fit him perfectly, he noted distractedly. And she was soaked: he'd seen her come in from the rain, her expression frantic, just as he had rushed in the front door. His shirt was plastered to his chest between them.

"Hi Honey, I'm home," he breathed, astounded to be holding her at last.
0 likes
“Morgan closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Maybe you’re right,” she sighed, “We should probably wait.”
Owen drew back, and she could feel him studying her. She waited as long as she could stand it before she opened her eyes and grinned. He chuckled, low in his throat, a predatory gleam in his eye.

“Not a chance,” he muttered, closing in.
0 likes