Start by marking “Perfect Game (Legendary Pairs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Game (Legendary Pairs, #1)

Perfect Game

(Legendary Pairs #1)

“Hate the player, love the game…or was that the other way around?”

Research biologist Neil Parkinson had to give up a lot in pursuit of his Ph.D–his friends, his music, his home town–but the one thing he managed to hang on to was Legendary Pairs, the hyper-competitive collectible card game that has propelled so many nerds just like him to fame and fortune. With a new jo
Published January 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Game

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Awww, this novella is seriously adorkable if you can get past all the talk about Legendary Pairs, which is a card game. And it's kind of big apparently. They have tournaments and everything. At least in the book they do.

I haven't been able to find anything about it, so maybe it's fictional. I dunno. Card games are so not my thing. But the MCs are into it.

There's a slow burn, a couple sexy scenes, and a really sweet epilogue. I liked the secondary characters as well.

Because this was a novella, t
FantasyLiving
Robin and Neil are adorable in this story about two people who meet at The Ogre’s Den playing a collectable card game.

Robin is ridiculously competitive and cocky about his game. I was charmed by his confidence and enthusiasm for playing cards, and pursuing Neil. He went after what he wanted, and had no trouble navigating Neil’s insecurities.

Poor Neil is awestruck by Robin, but doesn’t seem to pick up on the flirting right away. He doesn’t believe someone like Robin could be interested in him. Bu
Xan West

Cute, fluffy, geeky, fun. Bisexual MC (named on the page), incidental rep. Casual reference to a minor character being trans that just flowed with no fanfare; I heart casual inclusion. Ending felt a bit quick, arc felt a bit thin, but in general I enjoyed this one.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
Pati
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the minute that I read the blurb I knew that I had to read this book. My first thought was, "This is right up my alley!".

I played D&D when I was young. I managed a comic & card shop back in the days before Magic. I met my husband there. We started playing Magic as soon as it was released. We raised our kids playing not only those two games but others as well. Our grown son is now the leader over seeing our local league of a certain card game that he started playing at 6 years old.
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This is prob a B- /3.5 stars

Cute nerdy novella about two guys big into a card game. One is super awkward.

Def sexy, but missing a time spent with them courting and being a couple - 87 pages so it's super quick - insta love in a way. I liked overall

review coming
Joyfully Jay
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kirsty
A Joyfully Jay review.

Perfect Game is 87 pages of fun, flirtation, and sexiness. This is the second book I have read by Casey Cameron and already I love the solidity of her characters. Perfect Game is the first book I have read based on a fandom, which I think is an entertaining concept, but it is really Robin and Neil’s characters that engage the reader. Robin and Neil are fairly straightforward men, but no less likable. To me, Neil does not seem to be 28 years old, but I think this
Sadonna
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, contemporary, series, ku
Fairly enjoyable story of two guys who meet over a gaming obsession. Can't say I appreciated the gaming stuff - really not my thing. But the guys were kinda cute and they have to figure out to work their relationship around competition and very different lifestyles/pursuits.
Cadiva
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seriously sweet and totally nerdy

3.5*

Holding my hand up now to owning a multitude of Magic the Gathering decks. My avatar is the .44 magnum by NeNe Thomas from the Vampire the Masquerade: Jyhad card game. I am that CCG nerd.

So this book was ace. I loved this little sneak peak into the world of pro card gaming, it's one that's a study in contrasts from the excitement of realising you've got a winning deck to soul crushing despair when you can't get any cards out and you get your arse kicked.

Love
Kodie Mackay
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I debated back an forth with rating this..
I would have rated it 3 stars if it was a longer book. But due to it being so short I'll go for 3.5stars.

I found the beginning to be slow considering how short the story is. That's part of why it's not 5 stars.

Both Neil and robin are likeable characters but both are very different personalitys. It's all in Neil's POV so you get a better feel of him. He comes across very timid and shy, an introvert if you will. He spend the majority of the start of the
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*Copy provided by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Neil is a fresh transplant to Minneapolis from New York. As a hobby, he plays the card game Legendary Pairs. Looking for a new group of people to play with he makes his way into a local gaming store, where he meets Robin. Robin's goal is to become a professional LP player. Robin takes Neil to The Ogre's Den, a smaller gaming store where the more experienced players meet
Cheryl
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Copy received from author in exchange for an honest review.

Neil and Robin are gaming geeks who meet at a club where they battle it out in a card game called Legendary Pairs. Although Neil enjoys playing the game and meeting people this way, it is Robin who is desperate to go 'pro' and attend a huge tournament. Robin and Neil take the road trip to this huge competition and discover a mutual attraction along the way.

As a non gamer, the whole concept was lost on me and I did not understand the gam
Skye Kilaen
I highly recommend reading the second book in the series instead, as I feel it's better developed.
Napoleon Chase
Mar 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I chose this book because I’m a nerd and because I’m forever chasing that rare black-haired, brown-eyed protagonist.

This book instantly hits the problem many books hit when describing someone of a race that is not your own: “He looked ambiguously ethnic in a faintly Middle Eastern way, with deep olive-tan skin, dark hair and eyes, and a hint of a hook nose that drew the eye naturally...”

“Ethnic” is a poorly named grocery aisle, not a human being.

That said: mixed race Middle Eastern guy. Go on.

Ch
Natosha Wilson
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read.

I will admit the card game that the two main characters was into is not a game I have ever heard of so that took some time for me too understand but other than that this was a good read.

Neil is the opposite of Robin when it comes to personalities. To in is outgoing around his friends and he is comfortable in his own skin whereas Neil is still adjusting to the fact that he was a late bloomer in realizing that he is attracted to men. He is shy and does not come out of hi
Lovinghotbooks1
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc, favorites
*I was gifted this ARC from the author and are freely giving my review of it*

I liked this story about two nerds falling in love, it was light and sweet with som hot scenes.
The writing style is easygoing and with the right amount of dialogues to keep my interest. No unnecessary descriptions of surroundings is also very good in my opinion.

The storyline was good but not the best, I felt like I just scraped the surface of the story so there could have been more filling. Then again it made the story
AyoDollFace
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, short-story, mm
This book was not that great. It was a short story with a single POV, which I don't care for. I like to have both MC's take in a story otherwise I feel as if I'm missing half the story. This book was also on the mushy side, like insta-love which I'm also not a fan of. Marriage after a couple weeks dating.

This was a cute read, but not for me.
Sue
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gosh...who would have thought a "nerd" love story would be so entertaining! The building relationship takes center stage in this M/M story. It makes you realize how difficult it must be for a guy to read the right signals with another guy. And gah...what if make a move and you're wrong! I loved how they got together and the wonderful ending.
Lisa
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok call me a total nerd but my hubby is a gamer so it was cool to see this started off in a card game. The way they are with eachother is sweet, but when they finally connect, cue fireworks.

HOT! This author writes love stories that are a mix of cute and yummy.
I received an Exclusive arc of this book.
Walter Hopgood
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and nerdy

Finally got a chance to read this. I was a little off put at first since this was a gamer-themed book, but I quickly got past it. I totally identify with Neil, and enjoyed his POV of things. And I'm a sucker for a schmoopy ending - so I loved this one.
Pixie
I'm not typically a fan of insta-luv or HEA but I feel like I cannot hate on this book. It was cute, had a nice "will they, won't they" set up. The epilogue was a bit much for me but I could see it working for true romance fans.
Katherine
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too short. Neil and Robin are adorably awkward. Once they figure out they like the other one, they fall hard and fast. I liked this book, book two was even better.

Bought from kindle.
T.L. Travis
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Geeks rule!

Love the details you put into the games and tournament. Their coming together was climactic with such an ethereal ending. Loved it!
Racheal
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, fluffy, and totally angst free, but it was just so cute!
Christina Bowling
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. It was so cute, and much more on the lighthearted side, which is my absolute favorite kind of book. Neil and Robin were both adorable in their own ways, and they were perfect together. I enjoyed following their story so much, and seeing them fall in love. And I was so happy to see them get their HEA. I'm already looking forward to the next book in this series. I was gifted a copy.
Karen
(3-3.5 read for me.) The MCs are likable, although Neil's self-doubts do go on a bit. I felt that the novella length did not fulfill the potential of this story. More Than Luck (Legendary Pairs 2) is a testament to that. Or maybe it has to do with the choice of what to include in a shorter work. I wanted to be shown more detail — more of the game and more of a sense of place — and less repetition of the guys' insecurities, and maybe less detailed "on-screen" sex. I like the switching POVs in Mor ...more
Kaila
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was fun to read.. It was sweet.. short.. and geeky haha. I enjoyed the characters and how quickly they fell in love.. it's not a normal thing no but it was sweet. I also loved the ending :D I am so glad i got to review this one
Molly Lolly
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
I enjoyed the heck out of this story. It had all kinds of nerd elements I enjoyed and references I actually got (which is difficult when my knowledge base is decidedly non pop culture). Robin and Neil were so good together and characters I would totally enjoy hanging out with. Their relationship started out slowly as they got to know each other but picked up once they realized their feelings for each other were reciprocated. The pacing worked w
K
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m sure many of you have hesitated opening a new book because the author was new, the plot was unfamiliar, or whatever the reason, but when you finally do you are giving yourself a big ole kick in the rear for not getting there faster. That’s what happened with Perfect Game by Casey Cameron.

From the first page, I was glued! Glued! Casey Cameron has a way with words that pulls this reader in and really had my undivided attention. I had a long day of traveling, to a Drs. Appointment yesterday, s
ButtonsMom2003
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story about two young men who meet through a card game called Legendary Pairs. I’m not into this kind of gaming so I wasn’t really familiar with a lot of the terms used but that didn’t matter; I still enjoyed this book a lot. I imagine if you do know something about that kind of “world” you would get even more enjoyment out of it than I did.

Neil is a research biologist and he’s new to the city of Minneapolis having moved there from New York after getting his PhD. He doesn
Pam Kay
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this story a lot. Fun, Sexy, and HOT! This sweet novella brings two men together in a different environment. Neil is a Research Biologist who has given up a lot to go after his PhD. Except his love for the card game, Legendary Pairs. When he moves to a new city his loneliness causes him to get out and socialize with others who love the same game. He meets Robin, whose goals are to become a professional in the circuit of Legendary Pairs. Robin befriends Neil and Neil is strongly attracted ...more

Legendary Pairs (4 books)
  • More Than Luck (Legendary Pairs, #2)
  • Weekend Getaway