Start by marking “The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)” as Want to Read:
The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)

The Keeper

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)

The South Channel lighthouse is a crumbling antique at the mouth of the Savannah River, abandoned and forgotten for generations. Local stories still tell of a mysterious woman in white who often stood at the old lighthouse, watching the sailors come into port...even long after she died.

Now the property by the lighthouse is owned by a famous movie star in search of a remo
Published December 27th 2016 by J. L. Bryan

To ask other readers questions about The Keeper, please sign up.
Joaquin Romero Currently, Yes but I'm pretty sure he's releasing another one very soon.

Start your review of The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
Montzalee Wittmann
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The Keeper
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper
By: J. L. Bryan
Narrated by: Carla Mercer-Meyer
I love this series! This book deals with a lot of issues! The business, Ellie's relationship, a ghost/ghosts at a movie star's house by the beach and a lighthouse, and a magician ghost. Ellie's soul still is slipping out of her body...
Really creepy book!
Narrator is always so good with these books! Terrific performance!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This series never ceases to leave me up until the wee hours of the morning not only reading but hesitantly looking over my shoulder while doing so because of it's creepy goodness. Not only does it always leave me rapidly turning the pages eager to find out everything I can, but it always leaves me wanting more and I absolutely love that about it. It is one of the reasons this series made my top ten list in 2016 for favorite reads and I suspect, will continue to do so.

Bryan has completely create
Michelle
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each time a new addition to this series lands in my inbox it's a surprise, but one I eagerly look forward to. Throughout this series we have seen multiple types of hauntings and all the different ways Ellie and Stacey go about busting these ghosts, but the arrival of PSI means this ghost fighting duo are not as free as they used to be, and after the last investigation the girls are on a very tight leash, with stricter roles to play and rules to follow.

"We are selling her the fullest package of s
Laura Thomas
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, paranormal
As soon as I finished the previous book I downloaded this one and dove in. This time we’re following Ellie and Stacey as they investigate a haunting at a famous movie stars new home. Attached is an old lighthouse with a lot of history. Attached to all of that is some nasty spirits. Time to get trapping.

Ellie’s still tiptoeing around her nasty new boss. She’s putting up with an annoying new team member. And she’s unsure what her next move should be. That’s all put on hold while she deals with a w
Abbie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

Actual rating - 3.5

Just like all the others, I liked the main characters in this.

The beginning of this installment felt a bit slow, but it didn't take too long before it picked up, so it wasn't much of an issue. It was another enjoyable read in the series overall, and I'm looking forward to book nine.

Overall, An enjoyable sequel.
Laysa
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though I REALLY liked the ghost story behind this one a few things annoyed me: and yes, I'm talking about Ellie's saltiness with Calvin's decision to sell everything and go spend some quality time with his family.

I know you're all alone, Ellie, but that's his family. His granddaughter. Ellie is not a people's person, she's a bit withdrawn and her life is dangerous and consumes a lot of her time. Calvin is also a loner and now, after so long he has the chance to reconnect with his family. She go
Heather
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and there was so much forward movement in their characters, their business, and their personal growth. Ellie shows that she's willing to sacrifice herself to save others from murderous ghosts, all while protecting those who've grown most precious to her. Great installment, love the lighthouse island setting. 5/5. I highly recommend this series.
Kevin Treadway
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I can't think of any other stories that approach the supernatural in quite the same way: half horror, half pest control. It creates a sense of realism that I find gratifying. Add on to that some fun character interactions, and it makes for a great read (I hope we see more of Hayden).

The world continues to evolve as well, as Ellie expands her abilities and we begin to get hints about the ghostly world beyond Savannah. As always, Bryan has a real talent at world-building. Final
C.L. Riley
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I have enjoyed this series since reading Ellie's first adventure. The author has the ability to paint pictures with words without being overly descriptive or slowing the story's pace. I was however sad to see the romantic element end but hope Ellie will find her match in a future installment. Perhaps a certain, elite ghost hunter recruiting for an ancient, secret society? Time will tell. Regardless, I will eagerly await book nine and Ellie's next case.
Sandy Hall
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
d.mcnicholas
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spookily good

I finished this story with mixed feelings. I thoroughly enjoy the Ellie Jordan series but I think this was my least favourite. Saying that it is another well written tale from JL Bryan. When we left Ellie in the last book, she had made a life changing choice that nearly cost her boyfriend , Michael, his life but had saved the lives of others. We begin this story straight after those events and it's not a happy time for Ellie. She feels as though all choices are being taken out of he
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If there is one book series that I can count on to pull me out of my slump, that's Ellie Jordan by J.L Bryan and like the past few books in this series, this one does not disappoint.

Ellie is back, still trying to deal with the events of the last book as she struggles with the new management that took over her agency and finding the ghost that haunts her dreams.

In this one, we follow Ellie and Stacy to an island with a lighthouse, currently owned by an actress. As Ellie and Stacy scramble to capt
Mary
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. The ghost aspects were really creepy and scary which is exactly what I want on this kind of book. The lead up got a bit tedious and the family dynamics between Alyssa and her sisters got old quickly but given Alyssa was a big Hollywood star I pretty much expected the prima dona behavior. I was pretty happy with the resolution of the ghostly magician and new owners aspects of the series and what happened at the left the door open for future complications that could be pretty da ...more
Kelly McAnally-Kern
Remarkable book. I just love this series- Ellie and Stacey do it again. They dominate the paranormal world with just a rubber band and paper clip! (ok not really a rubber band and paper clip) But, with their wits, and learned hands on knowledge, they take care of this newest haunting in no time. PSI's takeover isn't going well for Ellie and crew. But with the help of some old friendly faces, and new - they tackle the Light House haunting and clear the theater of the awful Magician. In the end th ...more
Farren
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought a haunted lighthouse and creepy magician ghost would make this book my favorite in the series, but I was actually let down by it the most. The plot seemed all over the place and there were a few editing issues, so I think the author just rushed to publish it before it was ready. It took me three weeks to read it because I kept prioritizing everything else over it. That being said, it was still a good plot, good ending, and more of Hayden who I adore, so maybe it's more like 3.5 stars.
Pamela
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh spooky.

And thus begins another adventure. There is tension on all the fronts of Ellie's life. Job-wise the new owners are dreadful, the hunt for her past tormentor is going slowly, and then....the newest client throws a spanner in the works.
Another well written thriller with some fun and snarky comments just shows the depth of story and character development. Rather good story.
Lorraine
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Keeper was an AWESOME READ!!

The Keeper is about a new home with a lighthouse nearby. The new homeowner is a young movie star, with family about to come to visit. Ghost seem to be haunting the new house, can the lighthouse be the cause?
Ellie and Stacey, with one of the new worker from the new owner of their business along. Can Ellie, deal with the ghosts and the overbearing people from their new boss figure it all out?
A MUST READ!!
Paranormal Books R Us
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Keeper Review

Another great read! The ghosts were as crazy as ever and Ellie's life has definitely gotten more complicated. Between her jobs suspicious new owners, down right nasty new coworkers, and the psychotic murderous ghosts she can barely catch a nap let alone an actual break.
Things definitely seem to still be escalating and I'm excited to see what happens next so I will be jumping right into the next story and definitely recommend this one.
Diza Permatasari
I may say this is one of the best book so far in this series! The mystery is so intense, the story is soo good. Oh and of course how Ellie become so (much more) cool with her new ability. I love how Ellie seems so quickly adept to her new ability. And Michael? Well you can just forget him, Ellie.

I can't wait to read the next series
BingeReader
Oct 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Huh

Her personal storyline went no where for 99% of the book. The haunting stories only got interesting finally at the end. And the sudden twists at the end felt like desperate attempts at storylines for additional books. I'd recommend skip this book in the series.
Cindi
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love them

I love every single one of these books & savor them. This one was a little different, with PSI & Kara - & Hayden - but I still enjoyed the story & look filed to the next book.
Tanya
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love lighthouses and ghost stories. I got them both in one book

Couldn’t believe this was book 8. I have enjoyed all of these books. This one book gave me ghost, lighthouse,drama.
Diane Worthen
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware the Keeper

Now this is a really scary book. And there were so many times and people that made it so. I love these stories about Ellie and company. I can't wait for the next one.
Margaret
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still enjoying Ellie's Company!

These books never fail to excite me, though Ellie does tend to go off on tangent now and again!
I wish she could sort her nemesis, Clay, out especially now she has her full team back .... We shall see what Book 9 offers!
Robin
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ellie and Stacy do it again

The ghostbusting duo get the job done despite all the adversity and changes going on around them. A boss from hell who hates Ellie due to there past history. I can hardly wait to reading the next installment.
debbie ragan
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovable

Ellie Jordan books are always a great read. The stories are well written and entertaining. Looking forward to the next one.
michael osborne
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful reading

I would recommend to everyone I know great reading can't put them down really want more of this series can't wait for the next one to come out
Viola
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, some background info and focus on Ellie's emotions!
Heather
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great!

Oh I loved the way this one ended! Loved the new setting and storyline as well as the outcome of PSI
Abby
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable book

This series is quite addictive. I am more and more prone to visit Savannah since starting this series. As long as I don't bump into a bad ghost, that is!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Enduring Spirits (Witches of Palmetto Point, Book 10)
  • Bad Omens (Witches of Palmetto Point #9)
  • Captive Souls (Witches of Palmetto Point Book 7)
  • Natural Born Witch (Witches of Palmetto Point #8)
  • Shadow Child (Witches of Palmetto Point #6)
  • The Harbinger (Witches of Palmetto Point #5)
  • The Witches Ladder (Witches of Palmetto Point #4)
  • Always Dead (Welcome To Dead House Book 2)
  • Devil's Snare (Witches of Palmetto Point #3)
  • The Ghost Lights of Forrest Field (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 6)
  • Never Dead (Welcome To Dead House Book 1)
  • Wayward Spirits (Witches of Palmetto Point #2)
  • The Ghost of Gabrielle Bonet (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 7)
  • Dead At Midnight (Welcome To Dead House Book 3)
  • The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal, #1)
  • A Ghostly Ride in Gulfport (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 10)
  • A Haunting at Dixie House (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 5)
  • The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle, #1)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)

News & Interviews