Start by marking “The Edge of Life A Blackheart twins novel (Book one)” as Want to Read:
The Edge of Life A Blackheart twins novel (Book one)

The Edge of Life A Blackheart twins novel (Blackhearts Twins #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Notorious.
Dangerous.
Criminals.
Kailee's new neighbors are just that. They are also hot, tattooed identical twins. Identical in almost every way. She knows she should fear them, but she can't.
Ryder is explosive, always fighting for what he wants. He fears nothing. Except for Kailee.
ebook
Published March 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Edge of Life A Blackheart twins novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge of Life A Blackheart twins novel

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE EDGE OF LIFE: If it wasn’t enough for seventeen year old Kailee to lose her mother so recently to top it all off her father uplifts her from the only home she’s ever known because trouble is raining down on him, and dumps her off on a guy she’s never met in a trailer park with riff raff neighbours who have a bad notorious reputation, not one bad boy but two, these boys come as a pair, a pair of hot tatted up twins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Even though Jax and Ryder are identical, they are easy to identify
Lisa Morgan
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The edge of life

Book Description

Notorious.
Dangerous.
Criminals.
Jax uses his mind instead of his fists to get ahead. He takes what he wants. Kailee included.
Fists will fly.
Blood will be shed.
Lives will be changed forever.

ARC given in exchange
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
There comes a time when you read a book and you cannot help but be in awe. The heavens open. Angels sing. And for a split moment you feel as if your world is complete. This was not that book!

From the blurb, I was excited for a chance to read The Edge of Life by Rachael Tonks. It sounded wonderful. However, blurbs can be deceiving. I managed to get through fifteen percent of this book and had to abandon ship.

This book is poorly executed in every facet of the word. The author’s writing style is c
2OCC Reviews
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
When I read the description of this book, I was really drawn into the fact that not only are there twins, but there is also criminal activity and I'm assuming so much more! So
I jumped on this book! I really enjoy action-packed novels, that include romance so I had a feeling that this would be right up my alley!

Kailee was definitely a very innocent young woman at the start of this book. The time she got on my nerves but towards the end she grew on me.

Jax and Ryder where to polar opposite's even
Jan
WOW, TAKEN TO THE EDGE AND BACK!.

That was such an exciting read, I was hooked on and eagerly turning the pages from the words twin bad boys.

A bit about the plot:
When Kailee is dropped off at a trailer park by her father weeks before her 18th birthday with a man she doesn't know and a promise by her father to return you instantly know the odds on that are slim.

Taken under the wing by the Blackheart twins from next door, men with a dark and criminal reputation, there namesake proceeds them. Two
Nikki Malan  Hot Books & Sassy Girls Book Blog
The Edge of Life by Rachael Tonks
Kailee is abandoned at a trailer park by her father. Her next door neighbors are the infamous Blackheart Twins, namely Jax and Ryder. Good looking, well-built and covered in tattoos. Jax seems to be the lesser of the two evils or is he? He also seems to lay claim to Kailee immediately and uses his manipulative ways to make her fall for his charm. Ryder is the rougher of the two and he warns Kailee on numerous occasions. Can she listen or is she in too deep? Ryde
Mandy (2 Girls & their Kindles)
All I can say about this book is a big fat WOW. This is the easiest Five Stars I've ever given. This is my Fourth Book of Rachael's to read and it did not disappoint me at all. This is definitely my favourite book of Rachael's and I have already confessed that to her!!

Rachael delivers everything that makes a great book. A great Story, Great Characters and both the Shock and Wow Factor and this was no exception.

Abandoned at a trailer park by her father, Kailee finds it hard to come to terms wit
Candy Box
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twisted and sexy is how I can best describe this book!
The betrayal that one undergoes is something that can never be forgotten just like a loss of a loved one. The rollercoaster ride this book took me on was definitely one I was sitting on the edge of my seat for. I started this book thinking I was going to read some hot sex M/F/M and twins none of the less. Even though it was a triangle in the very beginning things moved quickly and I was able to power through to get to the main points of the b
Gail
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC given in exchange for a honest review *
I really enjoyed this one.. loved the premis of it... hot tatted twins... and a bit of dark mystery & criminal tendency's... it kept you on you toes..
Kailee was a young & innocent 17 yr old high school student... had a couple of the best friends a girl could need... her dad had some issues so she had to leave the life she was used to and move to a run down trailer park with "someone her dad new" thats when she meets the Blackheart twins... Jax
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved beta reading this book!

Full review to come closer to release day!

~ Divya
Jamie Ellis
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best book to date by Rachael Tonks.....

I loved this book it had angst, hot sex scenes, twists and surprises your not going to believe. I thought the storyline flowed just brilliantly. I just love how this author always I mean always throws a twist into the storyline. This was a fast paced read for myeslf because I had to turn the page or well just bump the kindle to turn the page to see what was going to happen next, literally couldn't wait.
This book starts with Kailee being dropped off at a str
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by this author but it certainly won't be the last bad I loved it.

Kailees life has completely changed and not for the better. Her mum died and her father drops her off at a trailer park with a stranger. She doesn't realise how much it's gonna change when she meets the Blackheart twins. They are hot, sexy, dangerous and criminals. Have I mentioned these twins are hot? They both have a different kinda effect on Kailee.

Kailee gotta stay strong when secrets are revealed.

I did
Irma
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Even though Jax and Ryder are identical, they are easy to identify. Jax is the clean-cut, less rugged looking brother, whereas Ryder, well he's rough around the edges, cares less about his appearance, but somehow manages to pull it off as a rugged sort of style.

All I can say about this book is a big fat WOW! I could say it's the -When YA world meets the MC&criminal world!- book. And that cliff! Gosh, I need more. I crave more!

description
Konny
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Edge Of Life is a stand alone full length novel by Rachael Tonks.

Meet Kailee, a young girl whos abandoned by her father. Left at a trailer park.
And there are twins, Jax and Ryder Blackheart, neighbors and nothing more, or?
These two are bad boys like BAD boys, both wants her and Ryder seems to be the dark soul.
But is it as it seems?
You have to decide for yourself, whos rotten to the core and whos only misunderstood.
This book has twists and turns I never expected.
Rebecca Pashley
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed, intense and sexy! Three things I love! This book was right up my street another great book from this author! I would recommend this book to anyone enjoys a ride because that is certainly what the author takes you on. You definitely won't get bored with this book! I loved the characters and the plot and was engrossed from the beginning I read it in one sitting! I can not wait for more from this author.
Stephanie Parkin
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story. I can't say too much as I would hate to give away the plot.
What I can tell you is that this is well written, well paced and full of so many twists and turns it will have you holding on to the edge of your seat.

I'm a great fan of Rachael's work and have been lucky to get an advanced copy of this book.

It was everything I've come to expect and so much more.
Well done Rachael, you did it again.

This is to date my favourite of your books!!!
Angela
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. I also enjoyed the way she tied everything together at the end. It is a well-written, solid story. I wish we would have gotten a little more time with Ryder's mom and also a little more screen time with her dad. It made the end seem a little anti-climatic. Overall, I loved the story and can't wait for more.
Shannon Youngblood
***5 Bad Ass Bitch Stars***
 photo 5 Buttons_zpsu895julz.jpg

OooooO I loooooove a good bad boy story, and the Blackheart Twins did NOT disappoint. There was danger, twins, sexcapades, guns, slaves, scandal, and a plethora of things to latch onto and take in. The entire book, start to finish was very well done and kept me entertained! I loved it.
 photo 5 Orgasm Button_zpsm0jqyhvr.jpg

And the sexy time scenes with both Jax and Ryder? Perfection I felt like an actual participant--which is weird I know-- but it's true. Mrs. Tonks has a way of bringing you into the s
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kailee's a teenager whose world is turned upside down when her father drops her off at a trailer park. She finds herself living next to mouth watering hot twins, who also lead a life of crime. Jax and Ryder are identical in looks, totally opposite in personalities, but they both agree that Kailee is hot. There that's it. If you want to know more, read this book. I read this story in one sitting, but there were a few things that kept it from being a perfect read. At first, I wasn't quite connecte ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
*** This and other reviews can be found at www. imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

The Edge Of Life was a book filled with twists and turns, betrayals and lies. I thought this book would go in a different direction when I started to read it and the fact that it didn’t surprised me in a good way. Twins, two identical sexy men, but just because their DNA is identical doesn’t mean they are in personality. Don’t always assume that what you see if what you get, you will be surprised.

I don’t want
Shannon Godwin
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really wish I could give this book more stars. Can you say TWINS?? Yep I was drawn into this book from the beginning. I love the fact that although Jax and Ryder are twins they are their own person. They keep the story interesting is all that I can say without spoilers.
I found this book very interesting bc not many authors can give you so many different points of view without messing it all up. Tonks did an excellent job!
If you are looking for an action packed book with lots of twists in it a
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
This book certainly packed a punch right from the start. I was drawn into the story quickly, flying through it and before i knew it, it was all coming to an explosive end. Rachael has given us a fast paced, action packed story, full of twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat right up until the last turn of the page.

Kailee was one hell of a strong character, she coped with everything that was thrown at her, she kept going even when things took an unexpected and frightening tu
EpicRomanceReviews
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I will take a thousand bullets to protect this girl who holds my heart in her hands."

HOLY WOWZER!!! I just finished reading THE EDGE OF LIFE by Rachael Tonks, and now that I have managed to get my heart rate back under control, I can sufficiently say my MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN! In short, this book is a wild adrenaline rush of love and betrayal, raw, forbidden desire, and jaw dropping twists and turns!!

While I am admittedly not a huge fan of love triangles, I decided to give this book a whirl be
Kim O'Daniel
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man that was... Well I cannot put it in one word. This was amazing,
hot, totally badass and one hell of a read. It is so well written and
has this flow I was lost in the book and did not even realize the
time slip by.

This book is about Kailee and. The Black heart twins. Now this
book deals with some criminal activities. Some of them really bad
ones too. This book also teaches that you cannot judge a book by
its cover. And some men can be sweet and some hard but till you
get to know them you will
Gretchen Anderson
I loved this book very much and can't wait for the next book!!!

Kailee, Jax & Ryder. The Blackheart twins. They are extremely well known and not in a good way. They're the bad boys. Or are they?

Kailee's mom died and her dad has gotten himself into some serious, life threatening, trouble. He needs to keep Kailee safe and to do that he hides her with the Blackheart twins. From the very beginning she choose Jax. He's sweet and gentle and seems to enjoy her company. Sometimes things aren't as the
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

This is the story of bad twin and even worst twin and a girl. Decisions must be made and those decisions will cost someone their life. Who to choose and who to leave behind?

Kailee is a 17 year old girl trying to be normal. Since the death of her mom her dad has retreated and started acting different. She's uprooted from her life one night by her dad and left on the doorstep of her dad's supposed friend. She has to live in this hovel and next door lives the Blackheart Twin
Janine - The world was hers for the reading
The story opens with almost 18 year old Kailee being dropped off to stay with a supposed old family friend by her father. . . a friend she has never met or even heard of. Kailee is scared and confused and doesn’t know what to make of her new life. In walk the Blackheart twins, Jax and Ryder . . . adding an unexpected twist to what seems like an already unfathomable existence for the young girl who recently lost her mother.

Drawn to both twins, Kailee knows they are bad news . . . criminals. Yet,
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Rachael Tonks keeps giving the readers thrilling and exciting stories, with some twists and a lot of steamy moments.
The Edge of Life is one of those books.

The plot is pretty incredible. I seriously didn't have a clue about what was going to happen next and that is one of my major kicks when come to books. I need to be surprised!

Kailee sees herself alone in a trailer park, abandoned by her father after her mother's death, with a man she has no idea who he is, only that he's friends with her fath
Cally
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We meet nearly 18 year old Kailee who is dropped or should I say abadomened by her dad at a traier park. From reading the first few chapters you just know that her dad isnt going to be hurry to go and get her back anytime soon. Kailee soon finds herself living next door to the infamous Blackheart twins Jax and Ryder. Kailee should fear these hot,tattooed identical twins but she doesn't.

Jax and Ryder are both built like brick houses. They have earnt their reputations both have them dark sides and
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I snagged the book because hot twins, that's all I needed to know. What I didn't expect is this explosive, suspenseful story filled with twists and turns, dark elements, and even darker characters that initially you didn't anticipate. Around every turn you thought one thing and here comes something else to upend what you believed to be true. Filled with a host of wonderfully layered characters and banter that had me laughing out loud at times. I lost a day reading this one and fell in love with ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Rachael Tonks is a contemporary romance author with a love of books, and a particular love of the romance genre. As a child Rachael could always be found with her head in a book, but it wasn't until the beginning of 2015 when Rachael's love of books really took over.
Reading spurred on her desires to put pen to paper, and write down the story of the characters screaming for their story to be told.
More about Rachael Tonks...

Blackhearts Twins (2 books)
  • The edge of forever: A Blackhearts twins novel (Book two)