Jump to ratings and reviews

Chameleon Moon #2

The Lifeline Signal

Parole is still burning. And now the day everyone has been waiting for is finally here: it’s collapsed. A lucky few managed to escape with their lives. But while their city burned, the world outside suffered its own devastating disaster. The Tartarus Zone is a deadly wasteland a thousand miles wide, filled with toxic storms, ghostly horrors, and just as many Eyes in the Sky as ever. Somehow, this new nightmare is connected to Parole. And it’s spreading.

Now Parole’s only hope lies in the hands of three teenagers reunited by their long-lost friend Gabriel - in their dreams. Now they're on a desperate cross-country race, carrying vital plans that may be Parole’s salvation. First they’ll board the FireRunner, a ship full of familiar faces that now sails through Tartarus’ poison storms. Then, together, they’ll survive Tartarus’ hazards, send a lifeline to lost Parole - and uncover the mystery connecting everyone, inside Parole and out.

The world outside Parole isn't the one they remember, and it didn’t want them back. But they'll save it just the same. It's what heroes do.

456 pages, Kindle Edition

First published March 18, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

RoAnna Sylver

23 books263 followers
RoAnna Sylver is passionate about stories that give hope, healing and even fun for LGBT, disabled and other marginalized people, and thinks we need a lot more. Aside from writing oddly optimistic dystopia and vampire books, RoAnna is a blogger, artist, and singer.

RoAnna lives with family near Portland, OR, and probably spends too much time playing videogames. The next adventure RoAnna would like is a nap in a pile of bunnies.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews
4 reviews2 followers
March 8, 2017
Bless ARCs, I was anxiously rereading everything else in the series while waiting for this. Not sure I COULD wait until actual release.

If I could turn back time so I could read this book for the first time a thousand times, I would.

I will probably be rereading it after I finish writing this, despite a mile-long list of books I have yet to read.

First and foremost, there's representation. People like me, actually stated, right there in text, to be like me. I will always cry when I get to see canonically autistic queer characters being amazing. I never get to see that.

I also cried when I saw Shiloh's pronouns. Because I have never in my life seen a book where a character used anything but he, she, or they. And it's given me strength like nothing else. I'm so happy that xie exists and that xir pronouns were never ever questioned.

I see myself in almost every character, because they're absolutely NOT the cookie-cutter protagonists of dystopian fiction. They're unique and three-dimensional and written with such care. I see myself, my friends, my family in these characters, and that's something most books entirely fail at.

I read this in three days. I read the first book in 33 hours. There's something magical about Sylver's writing that lets my ADHD actually calm down long enough to put down the book, go get a snack, and immediately come back to the book when I'm done. Which is a true miracle. Unfortunately, it came with the tradeoff that my autism has put its little special interest fingers all over this series and now it's the only thing I can think about. Worth it!

Now onto the Super Spoiler Edition Review.

I have thoughts. And feelings that this review barely scratches the surface of (but I'm tired and can't think of much else to say). And I will be extensively reading and rereading and researching things until I've discovered everything there is to know about Chameleon Moon.

So... I'll never stop.
August 15, 2017
Check out my book blog for more book reviews and other bookish posts!

I was looking for a book with a POC aro-spec and_or ace-spec character. That’s why I decided to read The Lifeline Signal. This book is a sequel to Chameleon Moon, which I reviewed here.

It’s #ownvoices for asexual, acute anxiety/PTSD/depression/dissociation, nonbinary/trans ID, chronic illnesses, and polyamory representation.

__

It’s a very diverse novel, with disability, POC and Native American, and queer rep. And everyone is accepted. People actually do their best to make other people feel comfortable. It was beautiful to read about a society in which people work hard to make other people feel comfortable and take responsibility for their mistakes even if they didn’t intend to cause hurt. We need more of this type of narrative, a narrative in which we don’t have to fight to be treated fairly and with respect.

The main cast is also a different one, which I didn’t really expect. Thus it took me some time to get into the story, as I kept expecting people from the first book to pop up. However, despite the fact that the cast is different, this book is a true sequel, as in you won’t be able to jump into the series and not read the first book. The events build up on those of Chameleon Moon and you will be confused if you haven’t read the former.

One criticsm that I had of the first book was that the pacing was too slow for my liking. This isn’t the case here. It was quite fast-paced but still managed to show you the world outside of Parole and how the events in Parole impacted the different characters.

The worldbuilding is awesome and so well-structured in this book. It was interesting to understand how the barrier worked, what the lighthouses did, and I’m waiting to find out what the deal with the ghosts is in book 3.

I’m not a fan of books where the minor characters only seem to exist to interact with the main character(s). In my opinion, it’s weird because why don’t they have any character development during the entire story. And The Lifeline Signal doesn’t do this, the minor characters are all multi-dimensional and have backstories, which show readers why they do what they do.

I am in love with Indra’s visual metaphors of asexuality and aromanticsm, and it was amazing that questioning was referenced as a term in this book. If you end up reading the book, tell me what you think of the pack of cards scene, because it was my favourite!

Another cute and important scene for me was where one of the characters explains that queerplatonic and romantic relationships are different but that one is not better than the other.

There were plenty of references to the cast of Chameleon Moon, and it was really cool to see how they were connected to the cast of this book. I also enjoyed the twists and turns, especially the one where we find out who Celeste (a superhero character) is – like seriously, when I found that out, I was really annoyed that I couldn’t dive right into book 3 because how unexpected was that?! If you guess who Celeste is, I’m really impressed.

This book certainly gives you the opportunity to think up theories about your favourite characters, because even though we get to know them, there is still so much we don’t know. And believe you me, I have so many theories, especially about Indra, Regan and Zilch.

__

The Lifeline Signal was a beautiful book, I was sucked into the story and couldn’t stop reading. I recommend it to all of you, however read Chameleon Moon first, as this isn’t a standalone sequel.
Profile Image for Richard Willis.
26 reviews7 followers
April 10, 2017
Like the first book in the series, I was unable to put this down for longer than a few minutes. I had high hopes for this, and I believe they were filled. The extension of the world is done well, and the new cast of characters is every bit as wonderfully diverse as the first one was.

All in all, this is another wonderful story. I'll be anticipating the next one.
Profile Image for Mel.
646 reviews79 followers
Shelved as 'did-not-finish'
April 13, 2017
Ok, I loved the first book of the series, Chameleon Moon - it even was a favourite of mine last year - and I enjoyed the many short stories that are set in the same universe and the art work and everything.

Unfortunately, I read the old edition of Chameleon Moon, and since the author brought out a new edition of the book when she got her rights back and made changes to the world building, I cannot really enjoy this sequel that is built upon the new edition. Since I am constantly trying to make sense of what I'm reading, comparing it to what I have read before, I come to the conclusion that the old edition of Chameleon Moon and The Lifeline Signal don't work together well.

Now, I don't want to reread Chameleon Moon (I actually tried but I'm so not into rereading at the moment), and since reading The Lifeline Signal isn't providing me with the enjoyment I expect out of reading, I am calling it quits.

I do recommend the books, though, just make sure you read the new edition and you should be fine. Enjoy!

DNF, no rating

Update at 51%:
10 reviews
March 14, 2017
I'll echo a sentiment I've already seen here - thank god for ARC books. This is one I've been itching to read ever since the first one came out (the first edition even!) and the second edition of book one just made the craving for the next part of the story even increase.

The Lifeline Signal follows a different set of characters than book one, but don't worry - they're very connected to your favorites from Chameleon Moon and the plot of Parole. This is just another side of the story, a look at what's going on outside of Parole's bubble and fire. It's not as ideal as those trapped within Parole might suspect and it's fascinating to see how the world outside has changed just as much as the world within Parole itself. A city doesn't just drop off the map without consequences after all.

Two of the main trio are new to the Chameleon Moon universe, but readers of the short stories will recognize Annie from The Library Ghost. She's back and is one of the primary focuses of the novel, so those who enjoyed her there will absolutely love her here. Also returning from the short stories are Rowan, Jay, and Stefanos, so the world certainly seems richer and more rewarding if you have already read the stories they appear in (Primarily, Runtime, The Library Ghost/Happy REGARDS, and You're Not Going That Way) but the story and characters are introduced well enough that it's not absolutely necessary to have read them. It will, however, give you a lot more insight into the plot, so I would highly suggest them.

This book features just as much diversity as the first. All three main characters are POC and a good deal of side characters are as well. The primary character, Shiloh, using xie pronouns, which is something I've never seen done in a book before, self pubbed or otherwise, and both xir and Annie have several physical disabilities between them (EDS for Annie and a chiari malformation for Shiloh) that are never glossed over or swept under the rug. Annie is autistic and it shows, she deals with sensory overload and has difficulty communicating, and this is never treated as a bad thing or something that should be 'fixed' about her. It's not a character flaw or a tragedy, it's simply part of who she is, it doesn't need to be changed or pitied, and Annie is just as dynamic, heroic, and important as every other character.

Everything is handled smoothly, without stopping to overexplain things or any exhausting Obligatory Discrimination scenes which are often a feature of stories trying to point out their diversity. There's no sense that the characters need to justify who they are to anyone and, while there is a place for depictions of discrimination, it's absolutely relieving to find a story where that is just not something that comes up. The Lifeline Signal, like Chameleon Moon, deals with hurt and several kinds of pain, but it doesn't feel the need to dwell on bigotry that we all know and deal with on a regular basis.

In short, The Lifeline Signal is an absolutely amazing ride, one that I read last week and then again this week and still found myself entirely immersed in. It's a rare book that can hold my attention that firmly, even on a reread, but just like Chameleon Moon itself, The Lifeline Signal is fascinating, fun, and has so much reread value I don't know how the author keeps it all straight. Highly recommended.
Profile Image for Alexi.
1 review12 followers
March 21, 2017
I had already pre-ordered the book and couldn't wait to dig into it. RoAnna Sylver was so utterly kind to supply me with an advance copy to review, so I got it a bit earlier. That has not influenced my review in the least. I adored the first book and enjoyed this one just as much.

WARNING: This book contains a lot of feels. It is an #ownstories book, and Sylver has nailed the relationships, LGBTQIA, and Spoonie aspects completely.

I recommend reading Sylver's short stories before diving into this book. It isn't utterly required however if you left Chameleon Moon and Parole wanting answers the short stories will fulfil that craving a bit. They also feature more of Regan, Evelyn, Danae, Rose and others, add context for where this story begins and introduce you to the cast of characters in The Life Line Signal.

This book continues the excellence of Chameleon Moon. It moves the story beyond the borders of Parole and shifts the focus to a new set of characters. Focusing primarily on Shiloh, Annie and Chance the adventure includes a flying motorbike, an encrypted disc and a race to save Parole.

Sylver's new tale is well paced and balances the relationships between the three teens and other characters with the action extremely well. I felt invested in all their stories notwithstanding there being a significant number of new characters to get to know. Both the existing relationships between all the characters and the relationship that grows to form between the three teens feels very natural as it progresses throughout the book. The interpersonal and emotional conflicts that take place left me wanting to comfort the characters after each scene.

I strongly enjoyed seeing so many different aspects of myself and my friends represented in this book. Sylver has done fantastic work writing rich, complex characters, depicting their lives including the difficulties involved, rather than handwaving them away with "magic" and making it believable alongside the adventure.

I loved this book from start to finish and devoured it in a day because I adored it so much. I wish there was more of this series now because I am greedy.
Profile Image for Sarah.
832 reviews231 followers
March 17, 2017
In Chameleon Moon, RoAnna Sylver introduced the dystopic city of Patrol, who’s citizens lived a precarious life above eternally blazing fire, governed by the nefarious Eye in the Sky. Oh, and most of these citizens also had some form of superpower – the reason they were trapped within Patrol.

In this sequel, Slyver takes us outside the city of Patrol. But as it turns out, the world beyond isn’t all sunshine and happiness. A poisonous wasteland named Tartarus has infected much of America with noxious fumes and eerie ghosts. Three teenagers will have to brave this danger zone to bring hope to Patrol.

The protagonists of The Lifeline Signal are all new characters, but I still suggest reading the books in order. I can’t imagine coming into The Lifeline Signal without the background of having read Chameleon Moon – I think it would be much too confusing.

Going into The Lifeline Signal, I didn’t realize that it would be switching to all new characters. A couple of characters I was familiar with from the first book make brief appearances, but the majority of the cast was either entirely new or was referenced but never seen in the original book (ex. Radio Angel, CyborJ). I’ve got to admit, at first I was sulky about this. I missed Regan and Evelyn! But as the book moved on, I got out of my funk and started connecting with the new characters.

Annie is a survivor of Patrol, sent to find Maureen Cole, a genius and expert on Tartarus, and deliver the some key information Maureen possesses back to Patrol. Along with Mareen, Annie meets two other teenagers, Chance and Shiloh, Maureen’s teenage child. Chance and Shiloh accompany Annie on her mission, which takes them to the Firerunner, a land ship that sails through Tartarus.

Like Chameleon Moon, The Lifeline Signal has a wonderfully diverse cast with plenty of intersectional characters. Annie is Asian-American, autistic, aro ace, and has anxiety issues that manifest as triochotillomania, obsessive hair plucking. Shiloh is nonbinary and Native American, and xie has chronic pain issues. Chance is Indian and bisexual. It would be rare to find any one of these identities or traits in a protagonist, let alone all of them. This series is a really great example of why you should read self published fiction. It’s the sort of inclusive story that main stream publishers often don’t think is “marketable.”

These books are slower, more character focused than I’m used to finding in dystopian novels. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, but I would have appreciated a tad more action. The middle of the novel in particular felt slower paced and really dialog/conversation heavy. A bit more action in this section would have really helped with the pacing.

I always want sequels to expand upon the world of the book, and The Lifeline Signal does a brilliant job in this regard, from the new characters to settings outside of Patrol. However, many questions linger. What is going on with the ghosts? And where is Regan and what’s he up to? What was on Maureen’s flashdrive? I guess I’ll have to wait until book three to find out! I can hardly wait.

Originally posted on The Illustrated Page.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a free and honest review.
August 12, 2021
TW/CW: loss of loved ones, violence, near-death situations

I didn’t like this one *quite* as much as I did Chameleon Moon, but it was still such a fun read!

One of the things I love most about this series is how diverse it is – easily the most diverse series I know! We have an almost entirely different cast of characters in The Lifeline Signal, but among the three main characters, we have a nonbinary (xie/xir pronouns) Native American (Tsalagi) character with Arnold-Chiari malformation, a bisexual Indian-American character, and an aro-ace autistic Vietnamese-American character! Among the side characters, there’s no shortage of queer, POC, and disabled characters, including a Black hijabi woman, a nonbinary character, polyamorous relationships, and more! Books as diverse as this series don’t come along very often, so three cheers for RoAnna Sylver for all this representation!

The worldbuilding outside of Parole was also fascinating – there’s all sorts of weird sci-fi and fantasy aspects, including, but not limited to: superpowers, ghosts, dragons, giant ships, and robotic animals of immense size. As you can imagine, it’s a lot of fun! Between the relationships between all of the characters and the expansion of the worldbuilding, there’s no shortage of interesting elements to chew on. Plus, it was so sweet to see all of the characters from Chameleon Moon come back.

My only major problem was that the plot got a little bit convoluted at times – I found myself thinking “wait, why is all this happening?” several times throughout the novel, but it didn’t take me out of the story itself. Don’t get me wrong – The Lifeline Signal has a great story, but it seemed to get lost in itself at times.

All in all, a sequel that does justice to book one as well as expanding its world, while still providing an original storyline. 3.75 stars, rounded up to 4!
3 reviews
March 13, 2017
Okay, wow, where to begin. I've been graced with the gift of getting an advanced reader's copy of this book, and to play a small part in making it exist. Sylver is such a positive force in this world and they're a fantastic writer, and working with them and their wonderful cast of characters is something unarguably good.

I would highly recommend the Chameleon Moon series, starting with Chameleon Moon (Chameleon Moon, #1). (Though if you've only read the first edition, please do yourself a favor and read the second edition. It's so much better with more canon representation and with fewer loose threads, and just all-around an improvement on an already-great first edition.)

The characters in this universe are all colorful, diverse, individual, and different- they're all undeniably real-feeling, and so easy to connect to. There's a character in these books for just about anyone to relate to in one way or another, especially the LGBT+ community and disabled people (but not excluding people of color or other marginalized groups). None of them are one-sided and none fall victim to tokenism; they're each individuals and distinct, and never present just for brownie points. Sylver's own experiences are shown through their trans and nonbinary, LGB+, and mentally and physically disabled cast, and she is incredibly respectful about writing people in marginalized communities that she is not a part of.

I also want to take this point to talk about my personal favorite character from the book: Anh Minh Le, or Annie. She's incredibly important to me, because she and I are both on the autism spectrum, which is a neurotype that is rarely written about in fiction and even more rarely represented in a positive way. Autistic people are usually displayed as "weird" or socially inept, shy or antisocial, or entirely childlike without agency. Annie doesn't fall into this trap; not only did she avoid it, she took the trap and ran it over with her motorcycle. As an autistic adult, to see someone like me represented in a book without it being trivialized or shown as an inherently bad or pitiful thing means more to me than I can really express with words. Annie is a punk-rock, badass, wonderful girl, who saves the day on many occasions and still has to deal with sensory overload, difficulty with communicating, and meltdowns. While these things can make her (our) life more difficult, they don't stop her, and they don't entirely define her.

The Lifeline Signal could stand on its own if it needed to, due to a rich plot and enticing setting. Most of the characters in this addition to the series are separate from those of the first, so it is possible to follow along without having read book one. That said, having read the both of them, you'll find all kinds of tiny details that link together the events and characters, secrets, connections, relationships... While the plot of The Lifeline Signal is strong enough to stand on its own, you don't want to; the bigger world that is explored in TLS is so much more enriching when you have first experienced Parole.

The thrills of the plot and the deep personality in each of the characters are sewed together by a rare gem of the dystopian genre: hope. (The series has been called a dys-hope-ia, because someone is very fond of puns. [Hi, Sylver.]) While there are certainly suspenseful and downright sad scenes that may or may not have caused me to cry, the overall message that this series exudes is that Everything Is Gonna Be Okay , even if it doesn't seem like it. With the world seeming to be falling out from under us even without the fires of Parole, it's important to be reminded that there is good in the world still, even when the bad is louder or bigger.

Overall, I can't find all the proper words to describe why I loved this book so much, but here's a feeling loosely translated to words: When I started reading this, I was immediately drawn in and didn't want to stop until it was finished. I know, I know, I'm sure that's cliche, but this felt different than a mild intrigue. The only comparison is my elementary and middle school years, hiding under the covers with a small lantern and a book, because figuring out what was going to happen was more important than lights out and bedtime or even being awake in school the next morning. It was a wonderful mix of exciting and serene, optimistic and suspenseful. Please, if you can give this series a shot, do.
Profile Image for Alex.
609 reviews65 followers
October 12, 2020
re-read on 2020.10.12.

I still love this book so much. I forgot a lot of the characters, but once they appeared suddenly all the memories came back and aaaah. I love them.

original review below

Falling isn’t always the last thing you do. Sometimes it’s the first thing.

Can you believe I’m actually the first one of my friends to actually add a review to this? What is everyone else doing with their lives?

The Lifeline Signal is a perfect sequel to Chameleon Moon. Just like the first book, it is incredibly character-focused: there are beautiful, unique, diverse characters everywhere in every sense of the word. This is almost an entirely new set of characters (while some of them appeared or were mentioned in Chameleon Moon, none of them were in the focus there) and yet everyone is connected, and everything has a place.

In The Lifeline Signal, something interesting is happening every moment - although much of these happenings are actually conversations, messages and pieces of information being revealed. With all these characters and storylines, you need to pay attention to get what’s happening, but it’s all the more satisfying when everything comes together.

This book takes place entirely outside Parole so you might miss or worry about some old friends left behind there, but I can almost guarantee that you will love the new cast - both the three teenage protagonists in the center of it all, and the adults (or at least slightly older people) supporting them. I certainly did. And, hey - some of these old friends do appear, and you might even find out more about them...

That being said, I am incredibly glad I chose to read every available short story before heading into this book*, because there were still occasional moments of “wait, how do these two know each other again?” or “okay, so which of the five messages currently in play is this one?”. Also, this might just be a personal annoyance, but having several characters spend the whole book worrying over something you, the reader already know is solved can get frustrating.

Despite the occasional confusion, I absolutely adored this book, and I really mean it when I say that the lines all coming together is incredibly satisfying once you figure out which goes where. Of course, there are still more than enough open questions for the sequel - and many reunions to look forward to. (Some with less patience than others. *squints at my faves*)

--Hey, look at that, I actually managed to write a semi-coherent review that wasn’t just screaming about how much I adore everyone! Especially the people Regan is dating. That particular polycule is my absolute favourite, and not only because of Regan (he’s just the central point for easy reference).

Representation:
★ nonbinary (xie/xir pronouns!), Tsalagi Native American, Arnold-Chiari Malformation main
★ bisexual, Indian American main
★ aroace, Vietnamese American, autistic main
★ Tons of other POC (including the families of the protagonists), a hijabi woman, other LGBTQAI+ characters (nonbinary, binary transgender, mlm, wlw, ace...), chronically ill and disabled characters, POLYAMORY, and probably other stuff I missed honestly.
★ The book is also #ownvoices for several aspects.

(Also, not really representation, but: cyborgs! fauns! lizard men! people with wings! I love this world.)

*Four short stories (Runtime, Always Be You, Happy REGARDS and The Library Ghost) are free on the author’s Gumroad. If you read those, you’ll have a pretty good idea of who everyone is. If you also manage to read You’re Not Going That Way (99 cents), you’re pretty much ready for the sequel. But I do recommend the whole Life Within Parole Volume 1 if you can afford it.

My rating: ★★★★★💖
Profile Image for Heather Henkel.
1,404 reviews20 followers
June 15, 2017
Interesting

This was a crazy fun book to read. It has weird characters that you can't help but love and adventures that are incredibly wild.
Profile Image for Jessie.
1,925 reviews25 followers
September 9, 2017
Like CM, this was so kind while also being tense and high stakes. Unlike CM, it takes place almost entirely outside of Parole with a pretty distinct cast of characters (though you'll recognize a couple characters and some names from CM and some of the characters from the short stories).

I really appreciate that everyone here, protagonists and supporting characters alike, have their own goals, desires, and emotional arcs. I love how much we see people supporting each other and that we see people recognize that things that are easy to tell other people and easy to believe abstractly can be hard to tell yourself.

The conversation between Annie and Indra about Annie being aroace is so wonderful, and there's a card pun, and yes. Also much love to Rowan and Aliyah talking about qprs and romantic relationships and how they're different but one isn't more important than the other.

I got to the last chapter and ended up staring at it for two minutes saying "I didn't know" over and over at way too late at night because no, I did not see that coming.

There were a few sections where I was confused by the timing, but I thought the pacing of the book was good.
Profile Image for Elyn.
103 reviews1 follower
December 6, 2022
Somehow this wasn't as good of a read as the first part. I couldn't relate to the chars and while our mains are meant to have a unique, strong bond, there wasn't much to see of it. It simply was assumed to be there. For being set outside of Parole I miss descriptions of how the rest of the world deals with a fire pit and the after-effects of a miracle medicine that has monstrous side-effects. Instead we get a bundle of new chars with connections that make everything go too smooth and new things that, unlike in the first book, lack a solution of any kind, making it all feel incomplete.
Profile Image for Morv.
267 reviews
April 7, 2017
I would advise anyone who wants to read this but hasn't read the first novel or the short stories, please read them, it will help. Particularly the short stories.

This novel is amazing, it's a different pace than the first novel, but that actually works for the whole theme. The first book was the mystery of Regan and his memory loss and the puzzle to put the pieces of his memory back together, in this book it's about a trio of teens who are trying to figure out how to help a group of weary saviours to continue there quest of getting to Parole to save the people still trapped in the burning city, as well as stop the Tartarus areas - toxic areas - from moving around the US so quickly.
This novel has the main focus on the people, letting the reader get to know the trio and the team that have been on the ship for some time now, it also shows the difference on people's mentalities, whether regarding to how long they have been on the ship or just the circumstances, not everyone reacts to the same thing in the same way and it's important to remember that.

The book still showcases the different spectrums of sexuality and genders, as well as race, none of the main characters are straight, or are cisgender.

It's a fantastic read and everyone should read it if they want to get a novel that focuses on people who aren't white, straight and cisgender, who are of the marginalised groups and sexualities, they can possibly see part of themselves in this novel, or any of the books that Sylver has produced, which is really important.
Profile Image for Ryan Michael.
20 reviews1 follower
June 25, 2018
I just finished this book. I'm crying but it's a good cry. This is so amazing and I want to just about from the roof how amazing it is. How queer and happy and intense and emotionally-fuelled.

I'm fully represented here, in who I am. I'm normal, even if normal is relative.

This series is truly phenomenal. I've never experienced anything like it. It is the best I've ever read (and I've read a lot). I think this book specifically is the best book I've ever read. My memory is horrible due to fibro and half a dozen other things, so no promises, but it's definitely amazing, definitely at the top, definitely worth it.

This author is amazing.

I recommend this book more than I do Harry Potter (and that's been my SpIn on and off for the last 12 or 13 years).

I don't think I've ever been this happy. Truly a phenomenal book. 10/10 highly recommend.
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.