Start by marking “Country Roads” as Want to Read:
Country Roads

Country Roads

The compelling story of a grief-stricken man reeling from tragedy and a hard-working female farmer dealing with betrayal who may just find love and healing with each other.

Rebecca Duprey is working day and night to keep the family sheep station, Bluestone Ridge, afloat. But Bec's father, who's been in a wheelchair since a farming mishap, keeps second-guessing her decisions
Published January 25th 2017 by Allen & Unwin AU

To ask other readers questions about Country Roads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Roads

Start your review of Country Roads
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Nicole Hurley-Moore is quickly establishing herself as one to watch in the rural romance genre. If you have a penchant for rural stories with plenty of heart, then look no further than Country Roads or Nicole Hurley-Moore’s previous two books.

Two very different leads are at the helm of Nicole Hurley-Moore’s latest novel, from chalk and cheese style backgrounds. Our leading lady, Bec Duprey, single-handedly runs her family’s property in the tiny town of White
Jenny
Country Roads is about how friendship and love can heal troubled souls. Rebecca Duprey working hard on her family's farm believe that love has passed her by until Matt Harvey brought the small property next door. Matt Harvey needed a place to find himself after his fiance killed in a car accident. When Matt and Rebecca first saw each other fireworks was leadup, however, over time Matt and Rebecca fell in love. Country Roads takes the readers on a journey to break away the barriers to allow Matt ...more
Kate
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Duprey is doing all she can to keep her family's farm afloat. It's not easy single handedly running a sheep station especially with her father not trusting her advice and her former fiance nosing around. When author Matt Harvey moves in next door, Bec isn't interested. She doesn't have the time to spend on someone who may be back off to the city at any moment. Despite neither Matt nor Bec being interested in a new relationship, both of them are drawn to each other and they need to decide ...more
Ashleigh
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*received a copy from the publisher for review* As this wasn't really to my taste, I can't say that I liked it much. I just felt like all the characters were a different version of the same one, with a few minor tweaks but they were all stubborn in some way, and it was also a little too obvious who the reader should like.

So a great story if you like that sort of thing, or a book where you just want to let the story fly by you as you relax.
Lisa Stanbridge
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love rural romances and I had high hopes for this. Unfortunately it wasn't very enjoyable. I hate writing 'bad' reviews but I also like to be honest.

The things that bugged me most:

Errors: For a published book, I was surprised by the amount of errors there were. Either missing words or glaringly obvious typos. I won't list them here but anyone who's read it will see them for themselves. They were frequent enough to be off putting I'm sorry to say.

Humour: Or lack thereof. It was quite off puttin
Stacey Houllis
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of falling in love again after being by the one person you thought loved you the same back as Bec Duprey learned four years earlier that Zane Tanner the man she was engaged to cheated on her with Tanya. Bec helps run Bluestone Ridge the family farm day and night and it one of the biggest in White Gum Creek with her father who is now in a wheelchair due an accident on the farm as he still doesn't want to relinquish the full running to Bec.
Matt Harvey is writer from the city who
Joanna
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Jessy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aussie, romance
Rebecca Duprey is a hard working farmer who works hard to keep her family farm running well. Matt Harvey quits his job in advertising and moves to the country side after a tragic accident. He becomes a full time crime novelist. Both Rebecca and Matt our neighbours and at first they do not get along with each other. They slowly fall in love with each other and it helps them to open up on the issue that they have. The Author has described the country side so well and its beauty.

A story about fami
Lyn
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great story from Nicole. I'm really enjoying her writing. The only thing that detracts from this book is the cover. The landscape looks like north western NSW, but the story is set in the Victorian goldfields around Bendigo. And the model on the cover is definitely not Matt...... The cover really should have some relationship to the story and it really irritates me when it doesn't.
Rebecca
Poor Rebecca Duprey has been broken hearted after she saw her fiancee in a compromising position so would she will she ever be able to find love again can she learn to trust.

Matt has moved in next door after a tragic accident took his love away, and when he meets Bec there are sparkes eull they get a happy ever after or will there past tradgides keep them apart.
ray smith
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After chasing all over this book afterdtarting over so many times I have finished it and am glad to say it is a very good read and it you wish to read it that you have better

icklI have not finished this book and wish to do so I have several other books the same I have reported having trouble
With these before
Rebecca Rutland
Quite a nice story but I found it didn’t have me sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to see what would happen next. Bec & Matt’s relationship is sweet, and it’d be nice to see what’s in store for them next. ...more
Kat Ashworth
Follows a fairly generic romantic formula but with its own unique story line and characters. Was well written and fun to read.
Vicki Robe
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, infact, I just couldn't put it down. I loved the storyline and the characters and of course the happy ending is always good!
Bree T
Author Matt Harvey is new to the small mostly farming town of White Gum Creek. Having experienced a devastating loss he has sold his city pad and bought a small parcel of land complete with a cottage that needs a bit of work, hoping the peace and tranquil surroundings will help with his writers block. Encouraged by his sister to interact with his fans more, Matt is taking the step of vlogging his move and his settling in, sharing the videos online.

Matt gets off on the wrong foot with his new nei
Kylie
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I rather enjoyed this book but I thought perhaps it ended rather suddenly. Hopefully there will be another novel to follow up maybe Tash and Nicholas' story
Jessy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A story about famil
Stef (Noveltea Corner)
Country Roads is a contemporary romance novel set against a rural Victorian backdrop. It evokes the small, country town feel, where everyone knows everyone else and the rumour mill has a tendency to run rampant.

White Gum Creek is a farming town, recovering in the wake of drought. Farmers are trying to keep their farms afloat in hard times, hoping for the wetter seasons to bring respite. Some of the farmers are holding off on much-needed purchases to upgrade needed farming tools, others are sell
Emma
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice, easy read about leaving your past behind you and allowing yourself the chance to move forward. Everyone can relate to the topics addressed in this novel - betrayal, grief, loss, acceptance, family pressures and of course love. A great book to relax with a glass of something and enjoy.
AusRomToday
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Nicole Hurley-Moore delivers a gentle romance with Country Roads.

Both lead characters, Bec Duprey and Matt Harvey have difficult pasts particularly when it comes to romance and it's those shared difficulties that both help and hinder their being together.

Hurley-Moore treads carefully yet purposefully around the topics of betrayal and tragedy whilst still creating a passionate and sensual love story.
Tam
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I found the story simple, meaning nothing much happened so sometimes it was slow and I flicked through a few pages here and there. I'm glad I persisted as the story line was good and Matt and Bec were meant for each other.

A few repetitions and mistakes but otherwise an okay read.
Helen
Apr 09, 2017
Annette Thiel
Apr 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Long Paddock (Woodlea, #1)
  • Shadows Of Hunters Ridge (Hunters Ridge #2)
  • Something in the Wine
  • Without a Doubt (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • Starting From Now (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • Emerald Springs
  • Fool's Gold (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • Undara
  • The Red Dirt Road (Woodlea, #2)
  • No Job for a Girl
  • The Boundary Fence (Woodlea, #7)
  • Matters of the Heart
  • Beneath the Parisian Skies (Wandering Skies #3)
  • The Last McAdam
  • If Wishes Were Horses
  • Dear Banjo (Daughters of the Outback, #1)
  • The House on Jindalee Lane (Daughters of Swallow's Fall #1)
  • The Country Wedding