Start by marking “Holding (Playmaker #2; Prescott Family #5)” as Want to Read:
Holding (Playmaker #2; Prescott Family #5)

Holding (Playmaker Duet #2)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Sometimes holding on, impedes moving on.

First comes love, then comes marriage...
But before the ceremony could start, Porter's world was knocked off it's axis.
He fought for years to break down Asher's walls, to see past her ghosts...but some ghosts may be too hard to fight.

Asher knew better than to believe she could keep her past in the past,
Keep the filth of who she was, f
Published March 28th 2017 by Mignon Mykel

To ask other readers questions about Holding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding

Paige
5 "Perfect Ending" Stars

Holding is a conclusion to The Playmaker Duet and it's everything I had hoped for. It's emotional, sweet, sexy and made these two character whole. Porter and Asher have been through so much and yet their love and devotion never wavered. Their journey wasn't easy but together they were perfect.

Provided for honest review.
Lady Heather
"A copy of this book has been provided by the author in exchange for an honest review."

Full review will be posted soon!
Cindy Wilkerson
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: na-and-romance

I wasn't the biggest fan of the push/pull part of this book. But once they figured their shit out, it was so sweet!
And that's the best way to describe this duet, sweet.
I loved Porter's devotion to Asher.
I loved watcher Asher heal.
I really loved the whole Prescott family.
Tania's Book Blog
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤

Looooooooooved this conclusion!!! They still had issues but once they passed that hurdle it was just beautiful. And the epilogue?! Priceless!!!
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Before I begin my review, I'm going to give you a little bit of background on the Playmaker Duet. It's a duet, but it really contains four books. The first two books are prequel novellas. Trouble Maker is the first novella that introduces us to Porter. Asher's novella is Breakaway. Both novellas provide information on Porter and Asher's pasts and set up their introduction. The first book in
Diane Lynch
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Holding (Playmaker Duet #2) by Mignon Mykel Mignon Mykel’s HOLDING is an amazing conclusion to the Playmaker Duet.  HOLDING takes place where ALTERCATION left off; Asher Spence and Avery Prescott were kidnapped by Asher’s former foster father, James Johnson.  Understandably, Asher is having difficulties dealing with the abduction and her memories that resurfaced.   Mignon Mykeln does a fantastic job relating the emotional aspects to this story.

Asher is an astonishing heroine.  She has undergon
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4,5
Segunda parte do casal Asher e Porter, gostei mais desse do que o livro anterior, foi uma boa conclusão, o drama foi mais sentido aqui , e instigou aquela torcida por um final bem gracinha.
Foi bem menor que o livro1, mais dinâmico e menos passeio em outros conflitos, talvez por isso achei que o desenvolvimento foi melhor. *_*
Jennifer Richey
I recieved a voluntary arc of holding and wow I was amazed how Porter handled Asher through all her skeletons!!! That man was a good man!! Asher had a lot of bad stuff happen to her in the past and finally she was letting porter in but after the kid napping she shut down. I really loved this book and enjoyed reading porter and Asher's story!
Melissa
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must Read!

Hands down, this duet is one of my top reads of 2017 - quite possibly, of all time.

Mignon Mykel brought her A-game with this one. I can promise you will not be disappointed.

Porter and Asher's love story will hit you where it counts. It will prove to you that all the best things are worth fighting for.

Take my advice and one click this today!
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, beta-read
I don't want it to be over! I want more of this duet dang it!!

*Full Review to Come*
Kaitlyn
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm just, I'm so incredibly sad I'm done with this book. Porter and Asher have quick become two of my favorite characters of all time! I just, my heart is so dang happy! I know for the rest of time that no matter what I will be picking up Mignon's books. I have become a fan for life. I can't put the stories down!!! Now to dive into Holding.

It all started because of a car accident, a chance meeting. And from there it turned into one of the most amazing stories I've ever known. I don't want to div
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this BETA copy from the author in exchange for an honest review...

Holding is the perfect conclusion to Asher and Porter's tragically beautiful duet...

I am so very fortunate to be a BETA reader for this extraordinarily talented women! The first story that I ever read (devoured) from her was Interference (Caleb and Sydney) when I signed up through IndieSagePR for the chance to read and review it back in late July/early August
Nicole
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holding by Mignon Mykel is Book 2 in the Playmaker Duet and makes Book 5 in the Prescott Family series. If you have not yet read Book 1 in the Playmaker Duet, Altercation, please make sure you read it first. Holding is not a standalone and should be right right after Altercation.

Now, onto the review.
Wow, what an honest, raw and emotionally driven piece by the amazing Mignon Mykel.

Holding takes us on a very vivid and emotional ride as we continue with Asher and Porters story as it picks up right
Chasing Away Reality
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I only thought I was emotional reading the first book. Holding did so much more to break my heart! The focus of this part was mainly on Porter. We already understand all that is going on with Asher in regard to her past and her feelings of not being good enough for Porter. The kidnapping only exacerbates those beliefs and pushes her further away from true happiness and finding acceptance. Watching Porter try to navigate through the pain and confusion he felt as Asher distanced herself from him b ...more
Christine
Shelves: best-of-2017
Holding by Mignon Mykel is heartbreaking tale of love & loss and the odds stacked against them with the hope that in the end love will concur all. Holding is the send half of Mignon's Playmaker Duet and picks up right after Altercation left off and jumps right into the action. I normally give a little blurb of the story but I honestly don't wanna give away a single thing about this story. Reading Holding put me on a roller-coaster of emotions and I couldn't put it down and read it entirely i ...more
Sarah Dale
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Altercation I couldn't wait for the the next book Holding and I was so glad the wait wasn't that long. The cliffhanger at the end of Altercation had me at the edge of my seat and Holding pushed me off and broke me. This is part 2 of a duet so reading Part One is must!

Every character was touched. My heart broke for Asher and Porter, their world was turned upside down. Mignonette wrote them so beautifully that you could feel how raw their emotions were, their pain seeped off the p
Becca
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing ending to this duet! I fell for Porter just a little more (which I was already head over heels for the boy in Altercation).

Holding in Part Two in the Duet Series and YOU MUST READ ALTERCATION before reading Holding. After the cliffhanger of Altercation my mind was racing trying to figure out what happened! So the opening to Holding surprised me a little.

Asher has some serious skeletons and ghosts to work through. Especially after the ordeal she and Avery went through. She's in
Vicki
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ou know that feeling you get when everything is just right, perfection has been reached, your heart is full and your in book heaven... well after reading this it's pretty much where I am right now, Holding is the perfect end to this duet, the ultimate ending for Porter and Asher, can I say anymore without giving something away.... No.
Just grab this book, curl up and follow their journey, have your heartbreak, feel anger and frustration at the characters, oh lord did I just want to shake Asher at
Lourdes
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing, ball out of the park conclusion to the Playmaker Duet.
Though it was quite clear in Altercation that Porter and Asher’s relationship is never an easy one, Holding brings it to the ultimate level of trust, love and completion for the both of them, but not before dealing with the ghosts that have chased her for years.
This book was an emotional rollercoaster for me and, being a crier, I cried my heart out through most of it and I loved it. I fell in love with Ms. Mykel’s writing
Kari Hansen
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a duet that includes Altercation and it must be read first as this story picks up right where that story leaves off. To bring you up to speed Porter and Asher met as a result of a car accident however their childhoods were complete opposites. Porter was raised by a close loving family and Asher was raised in foster care and her experience in the system was horrific. They have been together five years and all the ups and down have made them stronger and when they should be at thei ...more
Sasha
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a great conclusion to Porter and Asher's story. After reading Altercation, I felt like I was on the edge of my seat for the first half of this book. The characters have a lot of pain to process and I just wanted them to find their way back to each other. This book follows the tone of the first and progresses very naturally over a year or so.

Mykel showed us again why Porter should be in the ranks of top book boyfriends. His love and understanding of Asher was absolutely swoon worth
Teri
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well talk about a humdinger of n ending. I just love these two. First I cried for Ash then I cried for Prescott and then I cried for them both. This story was so realistic in how hard you might just have to fight for your happily ever after. I love that the author paid attention to the issues that Ash faced. The handling was well done and just felt real. Heck the entire series does and just makes you absolutely love these two and share in the pain and successes. Oh man and how can you not love t ...more
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Playmaker Duet and WOW what a conclusion Mignon Mykel gives us with Holding. Part one ends in a cliffhanger and this book picks up right at the same time. And if you thought Porter and Asher were tested in Altercation, just wait until you read Holding. They go through more than one couple should ever have to and are tested each and every step of the way.

The ups and downs you will feel as a reader of this book will put you through the ringer but it is so worth it f
Dee
FunUndertheCovers
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story told in a must read Duet.

After the heart stopping ending to Altercation, I couldn't wait to get started on the rest of the story. As the horrible events are pieced together, my heart shattered bit by bit. Then my heart hurt for a whole different reason...I could literally feel their pain in the author's words. Porter and Asher's story gets messy and the journey to their happily ever after isn't an easy one, but in the end, it's just so worthwhile!
Crystal Jimenez
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the continuation of Porter and Asher's story, and it hits you in the feels. After feeling like they can't catch a break, will things turn around for these 2? Can Asher let her past demons go to have a future she deserves, and have the family she needs. Will Porter lover her even when he finds out, will it even matter?
This book, this duet, is a must read. I can't say how great this book is, phenomenally written.
Jessica
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read anything and everything by Mignon Mykel, Porter and Asher's story is by far my favorite! I have read all four books in their story, the 2 book duet as well as the 2 prequel stories, and couldn't put them down! There are ups and downs in every relationship, and Porter and Asher are no different. Mignon has you falling in love with them, feeling every bit of pain, and eagerly hoping for the best ending possible for these two!! Loved every bit their story!!
FeeMac
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are times when you are reading a book and think just one more page, maybe another and then suddenly there are no more pages. Then you think to yourself OMG what did I just read? Holding is one of those books. No emotion was left unfelt whilst reading this book and the storyline just kept me gripped tightly within the pages, not letting go until their story was complete. Holding is part 2 of Porter and Asher's story and all I can say is that it was bloody brilliant!
Kerri Haberman
The Playmaker duet was my favorite read of the year! I'm really thankful to have had the opportunity of watching Asher and Porter's growth over the years. They feel like real people to me. I feel like I've laughed with them and cried with them through the love, joy and heartache. Holding left me with a warmth in my heart and a smile on my face!
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a definite must read! This is the second book in the duet. Porter and Asher have definitely had their ups and downs but the story is absolutely amazing! Porter is such a great man and Asher is the epitome of a strong heroine. I couldn't put it down! Mignon has such a way of spinning a story. She lifts you up, breaks your heart, and makes you feel the characters you are reading.
« previous 1 3 next »

Playmaker Duet (2 books)
  • Altercation (Playmaker Duet, #1; Prescott Family, #4; Love In All Places, #6)