Start by marking “Saving Day (DEPOP-17)” as Want to Read:
Saving Day (DEPOP-17)

Saving Day (DEPOP-17)

I’m Trimba Olion and I am The Fourth Sister.

I am not a lady. I kill and I curse and I fight.

And I win. I always win. In depop school no one can touch me.

My three older sisters have already had their Saving Days. They went into the pop on their 17th birthdays and they came back out winners. They set depop records and they earned their place in the present.

Losers get
Published December 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Saving Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Day

Start your review of Saving Day (DEPOP-17)
Ian Miller
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story, which is in some ways a twist on a number of recent series such as Divergent, is set in some future wherein people live in a moderately enclosed space called the bubble, and there is a need for population control. The saving day is the 17th birthday, on which day the person enters a simulation in which there are three classes: hunters, helpers and runners. The helpers help the hunter, who in turn has to kill the runner within a certain time. If successful, the runner is terminated as ...more
Jessica
In the future, most of the world has been wiped out by a plague. The remaining human population has retreated into “The Bubble”. In order to survive, strict population control measures are in place, including a VR game called Depopulation-17 Challenge. Every member must undergo this Challenge when they turn 17. If they pass the Simulation, they are accepted into the Bubble as permanent members. If they fail the challenge, a lethal injection “culls” them from the herd. Today it Trimba’s saving da ...more
the-librarian
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saving Day was in interesting read. Amazon classifies this story as steampunk sci-fi and that is probably the best way I could describe it. As others have mentioned, you are kind of thrown into a world with no orientation. That’s not a knock, just something to be aware of as you start reading. You have to pay close attention to begin to make sense of the story and to enjoy what the author has done here.

The setting and characters are very memorable and interesting. If you enjoyed The Hunger Games
1 follower
I was born in Boston, but mom didn’t dig the snow or the ice so we headed west, like you do. I was a year and a half old at the time and didn’t have much say, but if I had, I’m pretty sure I would have been on board. San Francisco versus Boston? Please.

I grew up wild: drinking too much, fighting too much, yelling too much, hating the mess that was humanity and clinging to the salvation that was ar

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...