Start by marking “Steele City Blues (Hell's Belle #3)” as Want to Read:
Steele City Blues (Hell's Belle #3)

Steele City Blues

(Hell's Belle #3)

Blood Ops leader Dr. O is chained in the bowels of Steele City, the state’s maximum security prison, and the clock is ticking for Nina and Frankie to bust him out.

Now that supernatural creatures are out of the closet, Providence is descending into an apocalyptic wasteland. With the abrupt shut down Blood Ops, Nina and Frankie are forced to rely on questionable allies to ba
Published January 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Steele City Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steele City Blues

Start your review of Steele City Blues (Hell's Belle #3)
Shelley
*Source* Tour Host
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Steele City Blues is the third installment in author Karen Greco's Hell's Belle series. It is a series set in an alternative Providence, Rhode Island. It is important to read these novels in order, or you will be lost. Steele City Blues is a continuation of the Tainted Blood story. The series features half-witch, half-vampire Nina Martinez. Nina works for an organization called Blood Ops. Blood Ops is an elite team who quietly hunts
Yellagirlgc
This book read more like a novella to me. It wasn't packed with much new information, I didn't feel the same connection with all of the characters and it seemed to be a quick read. The first book was so good that I want that to be topped or at least give me something as good.

I received a copy from NetGalley for an unbiased review.
Lorna
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, witches
(RabidReads.com)Third in the The Hell’s Bells series, this book proved to me that the series is still going strong. I was late reading this only because I was unaware of its release, so I was glad I found it on Net Galley. My thanks to them for providing a copy to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. Keep in mind that if you haven’t read the previous books, this review does include some spoilers.

When the prologue to a book immediately pulls you in, even if it really doesn’t have much to
Anne
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed that the first two books really failed to use Black Ops. We're told that 5 of the characters work for Black Ops, yet they never seem to actually work at that job. That was the case here as well. Nina, Frankie and the others are basically on their own.

As the blurb mentions, they're fighting against Leila, but they do a really half assed job of it. Characters drift in and out, we get no real concrete handle on anybody. Is he/she good or bad? Nina and the other (supposed) profess
Cate
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
When your mother is a witch-vampire hybrid lunatic with a penchant for world domination what are you to do? Nina and Frankie are at it again... the world as they know it is in danger and only they can save it.

This series has lots of supernatural action - from werewolves to witches to demons to vampires, and a few other species - government conspiracies, and romantic entanglements.

**I received a complimentary copy of this ebook via NetGalley.**
Lisa
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story. Great characters. I love books that have strong females characters that can take care of themselves. This book has that and more. I hope that there is more books in the series to come.

- - Received copy through NetGalley - -
L
John Harris
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
The main chatacter was more annoying than adding to the enjoyment of the plot.
Boneist
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed this series. Still don’t like anaconda, though.
Judy Wood
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A great book, filled with action love and family. Saving the world, saving the city, and saving family all begins with saving yourself.
Heather Henkel
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

I take enjoyed this addition to the series. I really liked gramps and his attitude. This was a lot of fun to read.
Ralph Smith
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc through Netgalley.com for free in exchange for a review.

Great third book in this series! Enjoyed seeing more of the background about Nina and her family. Hopibg rhere may be a couple more books in the series......
Sara Oxton
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Steele City Blues by Karen Greco a fully charged five-star read. This is the third book in the Hell’s Bells series, the first being Hell’s Bells and the second being Tainted blood, they each follow on from each other and develop the story more as they go, the books are focused on Nina Martinez and follow her journey. We see her grow and develop over the stories into the strong independent half vampire/half witch she is now, but she faces some problems along the way.
It’s important that you read
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Steele City Blues, Book 3 in the Hell's Belle Series,  Karen Greco

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Sci Fi & Fantasy, General Fiction (Adult)
18/01/17 Just had a reply from Karen on my blog. "no, this is not the last book. I just left her in a good place for once, so she can have a breather!" Great news for fans of the series.

I’ve read books one and two in this series/trilogy (I’m unsure which it is) and loved them so its on to book three to see what’s going to befall Nina and co n
Cyrene Olson
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Book Reviews:

I’m not giving any more away, but this book wraps up the arcs satisfactory even though it leaves the series open for more – but it could even end here and it would be okay (and I hope not). There is a touch of romance in this, but it’s not overwhelming the story, it just enhances what’s already here. There isn’t much to dislike – it’s what urban fantasies should be.

Full review at UncagedBooks.com
Subrina
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this series! I was hooked on the first book. The 3rd book has more action which I enjoyed! Can't wait for book #4😀 ...more
Carrie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This book was just bursting with action, mayhem, betrayal, and a teeny bit of romance. I would not recommend reading this book if you haven't read the ones previous. You'll be a little lost because this definitely continues right where we left off.

So - we are exactly where we left everything last time. Dr. O is in prison. Nina's mom is still evil and on the loose. Max is still a broody berserker. And Nina and Frankie still have some seriously unresolved sexual tension. To top all of this off, N
Penny
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I have read the first two books in the Hell's Belle series, and I was excited when I accidentally stumbled across the third one on NetGalley. In this book, Leila is still holding Dr. O, and it is up to Nina and Frankie to rescue him. Adding to the mix, and to the problems, is a member of Nina's family she thought was long gone, and she doesn't know if he's an ally or an enemy. Nina will call in favors to help her rescue Dr. O, and even use her enemies if that's what it takes because she will do ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
My first read with Karen Greco and of course it had to be a supernatural battle with a mother from hell. Nina had to battle her mother, Lelia, the supernatural hybrid vamp/witch bitch determined to destroy the world and create an army that will never die. That kinda sums it up. Well, not quite. This one was a serious battle of the genes. I have not read any of the other but let me say. I had to get on it. This was a fabulous read. I had no major issues navigating things going on.

Nina was an ass
Chris N
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nina and Frankie have their hands full trying to Dr.O from Steele City prison without the sudden appearance from Nina's grandfather. They make a failed attempt at breaking into Steele City and instead of breaking Dr. O out they find out some horrifying things that are going on behind the prisons door. Not only do they have a monumental task of getting back into the prison to free those in there but they also have a deadline that will impact everyone.

This series gets better with each book! While
Teresa
5 Stars

* ebook provided by publisher via Netgally

Reading this book is like riding a rollar-coaster. Full of twists and turns it starts the reader off on a high speed run and never slows down. (I was exhausted just from reading it.) It is my favorite book of the series so far. It sees the end of the love triangle and fell into a fast but steady flow that I highly enjoyed. I am most differently a fan of Ms. Greco and hope this is a long running series and not jut a trilogy. I can see this serie
Renay
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was hooked because the heroine is witch and vampire plus she kick ass as a special ops or blood ops operative. Damn that's a cool title in my book. This was action pact, full of twists and turns, mayhem, and betrayal. Along with great family drama, I will say mom and grandpa stole this story. Fans will have humor and and will not forget her mom is no joke. ...more
Helen Wawrejko
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review. Nina and Frankie, Blood Ops no longer functioning, work to save the witches from Leila and free Dr. O from prison.Paranormals are outed. Powerful help arrives to quell the army Leila is trying to build. Fast paced, magic and action filled.
Andrew Coutts
Liz
Aug 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Later
  • The Devil in Amber (Lucifer Box, #2)
  • Black Butterfly (Lucifer Box, #3)
  • The Shrine (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #16)
  • Cuthbert's Way (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #17)
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
  • Dragon Riders of Elantia Complete Series (Dragon Riders of Elantia, #1-6)
  • Riders of Fire Books 1-3: Ezaara, Dragon Hero, Dragon Rift (Riders of Fire Box Set Book 1)
  • Earp & Chandra (Sundance, #2.5)
  • Frank Skinner Autobiography
  • Mack the Life: The Autobiography
  • The Vesuvius Club (Lucifer Box, #1)
  • A Tiny Bit Marvellous
  • The Fairhaven Chronicles Boxed Set: The Complete Series: Glow, Shimmer, Ember, Nightfall
  • Crossroads of Bones (Katie Bishop, #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
I've spent close to twenty years in the New York City area, working in publicity and marketing for the entertainment industry. A life-long obsession with exorcists and Dracula drew me to urban fantasy, where I can decapitate characters with impunity. After writing plays for a long time, then leaving that behind, I decided to try to write a novel. HELL'S BELLE is my debut.

Hell's Belle (3 books)
  • Hell's Belle (Hell's Belle, #1)
  • Tainted Blood (Hell's Belle, #2)

News & Interviews

Mary Roach is a science author who specializes in the bizarre and offbeat. With a body of work ranging from deep-dives on the history of...
“So, do you have a plan to contain your mother, or are you just going to wing it?" His fingers formed air quotes at the final two words while I shot him a venomous look.” 0 likes
“Crawl back to the desert, lo stregone," Tavio spat out. Literally. Twice. Then Tavio made a devil horn sign, which was pretty rich coming from a vampire in league with a demon.” 0 likes