Start by marking “Meant to Be” as Want to Read:
Meant to Be

Meant to Be

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  237 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The girl who got away.

Twenty years ago, best friends Alice and Misty shared a kiss...

…and then their entire relationship unraveled.

Alice Cavanaugh has spent the past twenty years trying to forget her best friend’s betrayal. She moved on with her life as a single mother and librarian in her hometown. But when Alice finds out Misty is coming for their high school reunion,
Published December 26th 2016 by Wicked Hearts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Meant to Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant to Be

Alicia
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker and yes the author's books are predictable I'm just saying this is my guilty pleasure :)
CLo
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited

I like Jea Hawkins's book and this is no real different. It was an easy read about two 38 year old ex best friends who let fear get in their way of love at the ripe age of 18. A 20 year class reunion brings them together to hash out old hurts, new fear, and hopefully a good future.
The premise behind the story was nice and though done before is one that I enjoy reading. A couple of things irked me about how easy certain issues was just accepted but others were dwelled upon (vague I know
Jo reece
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Beginning was great... thought 'wow'.. this is going to be one of them books you just fall in love with. The characters are great, the small town setting was great, there were no crazy ex's, no bitchy mother in laws..

The middle was just 'okay'...

We all knew it was going to be a happy ending,,,,

But the ending... Could have been done better... it was pretty shit to be blunt.
Heinerway
I found this story boring, predictable and rather pointless. The fact that I just couldn't connect with either of the characters probably doesn't help.
Ted
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm really between 3 and 4 on this one. The first 50% of this is one big apology. Misty ran off after HS to be a rock star and broke Alice's heart only to return 20 years later to see if they can get back together. That part was kinda monotonous. The last half was much better. So overall, yea kinda liked it. Coulda used some tweaks on a few arc's but... I guess 4 cause I dig Hawkins's books overall.
Alexis
3,5* for this one.
I'm a total sucker for books about getting a second chance at true love and that is what drew me to this book.
Alice and Misty are best friends in small town Vermont when Misty decides to leave for Seattle to make it in the music industry. 20 years later we meet up with the women again getting ready to attend their 20 year high school reunion. Misty, who is now a famous music star, is a nervous wreck about seeing Alice again. Alice meanwhile loathes the idea of coming face to f
T.B. Markinson
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-romance
I'm a fan of second chance stories and this didn't disappoint.
Doreen
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
High school romance destroyed by fear and rekindled twenty years later.

Misty and Alice shared true love but acted as only best friends. Their fears of rejection stood in the way of honest communication. At a high school reunion, after twenty years apart, they face each other. It is a heart warming story. Two women, bound by feelings larger than themselves, try to reconnect. Which is stronger - the past of hurt and pain or the future of love and forgiveness?

This author has a clear voice and wond
Jade
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF
The writing was just really really bad. The dialogue between the mom and daughter made me cringe, and that was barely the first couple pages. Everything felt super forced and nothing flowed into a story. The plot and dialogue and even the interactions between characters all felt very choppy and underdeveloped.
Which breaks my heart because I really wanted to like this one.
Tasha
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story!!!!!

I am so happy that I read this book. I love the story and just in time for the New Year. I thought it was a wonderfully written story and it makes you realize that it is never to late to make your dreams come true or find that special someone that makes you whole. I loved the Alice and Misty, it was a bit of a rollercoaster, I was nervous for a moment, but it all worked it self out and what a wonderful ending. Can't wait for the next book!!!!
Kristy  Drexel
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great love story

Read it in one day once I started I had to find out what would become of Alice and Misty great love story
Ginger Miller
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
No thinking required

Where have I read this before? Every other book. Teenage heartbreak, grown up redemption. Except these two never seem to grow up. Best friends in school are going to conquer the music world. One will write and sing and the other will take care of her until she makes it big. Of course it doesn't happen that way. The singer goes off alone breaking the heart of her best friend who she loves so much. Why? Well......Alice is just too smart to give up her life to work minimum wage
Marty Preslar
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and satisfying

The depth of the characters is what makes this story special. It's clear where the story is heading so early that it makes you wonder how the story will possibly last the page count. Then the characters begin to unfold into much more complex creatures than they had originally appeared. (Though they do end up precisely where you expected in the end, which is nice, not cliche at all, but actually incredibly sweet.)
Margaret L. Hedman
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.

I loved Meant to Be. The idea of two women coming together after 20 years of separation is very tastefully handled. Great characters and a great story. I read this on Kindle Unlimited. So it will not show as a verified purchase. I appreciate Jea Hawkins making her work available on KU.
Sascha Broich
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice Christmas love story without all the Christmas stuff.
Leeawna Deary
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

I started it today and finished today. I absolutely loved the story! The best I’ve read so far this summer.
Jam Jamz
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is very well written. To the point with great set up. A smooth but intriguing read. Thorough characters, moments, and payoffs. Not epic in terms of length and scope, but excellent in terms of getting to the crux of the issues, and to the matters at hand. Truly a delightful read and perfectly executed.
moxieBK
Meant to Be — Jae Hawkins (20 chapters + epilogue)

Note: There are some sexy bits towards the end of the book. If this bothers you, either skip those sections (it's obvious when they are coming up...and again, it's almost at the end of the book,) or skip this book completely.

Being this the first book of the New Year, I looked over my new To-Read books and thought I chose carefully. Unfortunately, this lesbian romance eBook fell short of what could have been an awesome read.

Usually, I start my rev
Faraona del sol
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story

Sweet, sexy, romantic...Two friends decades apart...One kiss, an unforgettable love....A teenage crush.....A love story.... Misty and Alice....
I definitely recommend it!!!
Allan A. Des Vignes Jr
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love
Heather Henkel
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Story

I found this story a lot of fun to read. It is always interesting to see how people change over the years.
Susan
Dec 30, 2016
Leslie
Mar 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jea Hawkins writes sweet and spicy contemporary lesbian romance. She writes all her paranormal romance and urban fantasy as Lucy True.
Regardless of genre, if love conquers all, then she’d like to think her heroines can rule the world one day. An east coast transplant to the Midwest, she loves to write about complicated women and settings that feel like home. Her historical / contemporary romance,